Kingdom Death: Monster (KDM/KD:M)

Clothing Optional Heroics Edition

>What is KDM
Kingdom Death: Monster is a "Boutique Nightmare Horror" Board game, known for freaky and sometimes psychosexual monsters, a record-breaking Kickstarter campaign, and Thicc Pinups(the latter not being part of the game.)

>What is 1.5?
kickstarter.com/projects/poots/kingdom-death-monster-15
Update for the core game, as well as a new wave of expansions, promo mini-expansions, and pinups.

>How do I buy it?
You just missed the preorder window this past Black Friday. Be on the look out for a Christmas sale, there might be restocks of the 1.5 base game and/or 1.0 expansions.

>Why is the game not coming out till 2020?
It's being delivered in 4 waves. The first wave shipped the new 1.5 core game and upgrade-boxes for 1.0 editions.

>What is included in the Box/Expansions/Gamblers Chest?
Read the kickstarter, or check the contents collages posted soon.

>I can't buy it, how can I play it?
There are multiple mods on Tabletop Simulator for it.

>SCANS???????
Here's the old MEGA link for the 1.0 content. It's a bit of a mess; Piidee Effer has already promised the 1.5 version will be better organized, as well as have bookmarked PDFs.
mega.nz/#F!WpB0VJhB!KS3q6INY0vT8IPdtKc9aPQ

>I don't want the minis, I don't want to play using TTS, this game is too expensive.
Suck it up and pay the price. Resell the models to recoup initial costs. Wait a few weeks for Scanon to finish scanning and Piidee Effer to then make updated PDFs and printable standees.

Previous thread had to spend survival or die while insane and immortal:

Antelope is fought on the Plain of Faces, but amidst a lot of Acanthus plants (like the Lion stalks Tall Grass)

What's the best Fighting Art to put into Sculpture? (in 1.5, obviously)
I'm going with Unconscious Fighter

Is there a correct color to the acanthus plant?

green, mostly

Google it, it's a real plant. The shape of its leaves is very popular for ornamentation.

>twilight a shit

Everyone knows the meme speakers have the best waifus.

>Butcher faced butcher with no losses
>Lose all my precious fighters to the plague
>No resources, decide to go all or nothing
>Lvl 2 lion, here we go
>Roll double lantern on hunt events, twice in a row
>So many resources already
>During the fight, do some criticals, even more resources
>Everything goes to shit, either no hits or damage rolls too low
>Survivors getting killed off by unavoidable grab damage

And he was so close to death too. That really sucked.
Also a quirk of the lvl 2 lion, when he drew ground fighting, he does not draw any other AI cards, but he still did his cunning trait.
So during the last few rounds he lay low, grabbed the remaining survivor in front of him, dragged him across the field and next turn he'd grab the poor sap again and drag him in the opposite direction, sicne he had to spend one turn knocked down on his ass.

Time for settlement nr. 3 I guess.

>Time for settlement nr.
Yeah . lvl 2 lion has a habit of doing that to cocky survivors

>butcher faced butcher

your mistake has reminded me of an idea I had in the shower, a homebrew monster vs monster mode, which would work something like this:

>ai decks turned into player decks
>draw x ai cards, play 1 per turn (unless you're butcher)
>would like to use hit location decks, but probably easier to work out with the life rule
>maybe use a toughness table ala warhammer, where the dice roll is determined by difference of toughness, or maybe something, i dont know

keep in mind i've only fought up to the hand, so unless the watcher and GSK does something that makes this impossible i wouldn't know, also I would need to figure out how to balance late monsters vs early monsters, maybe just have it be level 3 monsters only.

White Lion is done! Now I'll start with the prologue survivors.

That's not the white lion! That's Scar!

>bleed token bullshit
>not timeless eyes, mighty strike, or strategist
Nigga this isnt even good bait. I only responded because no one else wanted to give you a (you)

That's scar if he wasn't a pussy ass bitch.

>it's called a white lion
>everything you get from it is white
>being white is one of its defining features just before being a lion and having creepy human hands.

I'll paint it brown!

Me brain no work good in morning...

Anyway, this time around I'm going to invest into grease early on and try to get my hands on ammonia, since it seems to be really fucking important in the long run.

Friend and I having disagreement. Twilight Sword.

He argues it is an intentional copy and homage to the Master Sword from Legend of Zelda.

I argue he is a blind dipshit looking through his telescope backwards.

So which is it? Is the fact the sword appears in the Messenger of Courage's hand enough to overlook key differences? Or is a long handled claymore with a face and bandages as similar to a wing-hilted broadsword with a triangle on it as a Ford Focus is to a Pontiac GTO?

Shut up, I know we are autistic nerds.

You painted the fucking White Lion brown.

How many other things in life have you fucked up?

The blade has a similiar design, but when you look at the adventure sword, I think if poots wanted to truly make a master sword cameo, he'd be a lot less subtle about it.

I checked the game on TTS, but the version I found had no models in it, just chips. I think I saw models as separate entries on steam workshop.

Can they be just implemented into the main game file somehow or is there a better version around that already includes everything?

I want to play this with a buddy, but he's more drawn to the Dark Souls game, cause it has implemented models from the actual game, which is nice.

look for the scripted TTS mods

Search for Achromatic

There's some that already have models implemented, Achromatic Scripted is probably the best version since it will automatically sort out the AI decks, make copies of gear and resources and set up the hunt and settlement boards. It does have some irritating glitchy bits though, like sometimes it hangs loading things and that will make it reset the monster position on the hunt board if it's been moved by events.

Last I checked, which was about 6 months ago, in July, and coincidentally which alerted me that this game even existed, there are no armor set models.

There was an "ultimate 2.0 scripted edition" that had the 4 basic survivor models, all of the boss models, and some terrain. I don't believe there are any sets with all the armor sets modeled any further than that. The Achromatic version had pinup stands, but not actual models.

If there is one since then, I would be extremely happy to know.

is this loss?

Only prologue, core game and half of expansion monsters have models in TTS.

Achromatic is the best TTS version of 1.3/1.4 KDM, you just go to options and fix the lighting, and you'll be set.
I'm using a lil modified version of it for my 1.5 games with friends.

Has anyone made any files for standees or pogs or anything like that?

I've spent the evening looking for Dragon King references and I'm fucking terrified that I won't be able to give him the paint job he deserves come March.

I feel the need to order myself a miniature painting techniques guide so I can freshen up and improve my basics in preparation. Any suggestions?

Find your favorite dragon from games, books or movies and pay him tribute.

>Records.

First thought is my boy Dire Miralis because he's a walking volcano, but I prefer the idea of a Cherenkov blue glow to get across the idea that DK is a walking reactor instead.

I'm more concerned about my poor technical skills (layering, blending, shading, etc.) than the color scheme anyway.

I don't really mind the models, I just want the cards.

Tidied up the survivor UI a bit. Still just placeholder.

Perhaps.

Have you seen new Records? It's fucking brilliant.

Also two loopholes. The retired guy can just keep writing. You can write about any monster the settlement has defeated.

>Disgracing KDM with the shittiest engine of all time

>Unity
>Bad

It's responsible for a lot of asset flippers who cannot optimise for shit, of course. Some gorgeous games came out in the Unity engine this year including Hollow Knight and Cuphead.

>Only TWO games based looked good this year both with wholly on hand painted assets means the engine is good!
>What do you mean an engine is more than graphics and that the graphics of these games could have been made just as good by writing your own graphics engine in an afternoon!

Sorry man forgot I wasn't on /g/. If you where a proper programmer it'd be easier to explain. Short version: Unity is slow as an engine and its workflow is comparatively slow to all competitors largely due to using high-level meme-languages that are being phased out everywhere except in "Programming for kids" classes.

Don't forget Hand of Fate 2. In previous years there was the Trine games, City Skylines, Pillars of Eternity, Satellite Reign, Wasteland 2, Kerbal Space Program and, as much as people decry it, Hearthstone uses the unity engine.

Unity's strength (And it's weakness) is it's accessibility. It's a good engine for a lot of things and it's designed for being an easily accessed engine that even rookies can use well. Which makes it tempting for asset flipping but that's not really the fault of the engine itself.

That's like saying scratch is a valid language to learn because its accessible.
Unity with alot of work can produce the same level of good games as other ones, but there's a reason most big players avoid it like the plague.
Also you should look up the unity & hearthstone thing, in case you missed it its a famous example of a company REGRETTING the use of an engine, always funny when unity-people bring it up as if it was a badge of honor.

But lets not get deep into this discussion in this thread. Lets leave it at "Opinions" and that all engines have their strengths and weaknesses, just like my guy Cancer who now not only has had his dick bitten off by an insect but accidentally had to have intimacy with his mom due to rivalry but who has +1 luck.

Well shit.
Where do I get a miniature Acanthus?
Looked all over Google and eBay and couldn't find anything similar in the right scale.

Funny thing is, since his body apart from the mane doesn't look covered in fur but smooth, your lion looks like he got tanned. He was a White Lion, but he spent too much time near a Sunstalker, or something.
Kudos for trying something new, but it's a bit perplexing. Maybe the mane should have been golden or white, to keep a referenc to the name?
How did you make that colour choice?
(Also, you missed some gaps.)

WE WUZ LIONZ!

Long live the king.

Wuhu, my order for Allison and the White Speaker has been processed.

>literally called a white lion
>paints it brown

kys

>assembling loli survivor
>drop her arm onto my gray carpet
>can't find it for the life of me
>while searching, accidentally find the pinup order knight's tit that I thought I had last two weeks ago.

Sucks that I can't find her arm, but at least I got some tiddies. The arm will probably turn up eventually.

Nothing can stop the browning of White Lions

Just got my core game and I'm scared as fuck about damaging anything. Whats the best course for protecting this beautiful game? Card Sleeves? Laminating the settlement locations? I feel like I'm handling something that could explode if I look at it funny

Are there any options for poorfags to play this? This actually seems neat, but I'm both poor and have zero experience painting.

Is it on tabletop sim?

It is on table top sim, Ive played hundreds of hours amd bought the real deal as soon as I had the money.

Holy shit didn't know that /kdm/ got so triggered by a White Lion that identifies itself as Brown.
Anyways, no special meaning to being brown I just felt like using a brown scheme.
Either way, I plan on having 3 Lions because I love MonHun and I want one different per level.
>(Also, you missed some gaps.)
Fuck, I'm still a beginner using green stuff.
Like I said, I just want 3 Lions with completely different colors. Also white is a fucking pain in the ass to paint.

Can you recommend a version on TTS?

Nigga read the thread

Same here. I'm terrified to even start assembling the minis because you can't just buy certain ones from the core set, and it's so fucking expensive.

Man, not only are you a parasite, you're a parasite that can't even fucking read.

White lion, antelope, butcher and starting survivors are pretty simple to build , that will keep you going for awhile and after that you should have a bit more confidence in building others if your not brain dead

Good to know. I keep hearing that there is a lot of issues with gaps in the figures though. Should I worry about those when assembling, or can I come back and fix them later?

Worry about it while assembling because some gaps can be minimized but you don't need to worry about gap filling until you get around to it , just gap fill before priming

Thanks for the tip. I'll have to get some green stuff for when I finally have time over winter break to assemble these. Am I better off getting the liquid or solid stuff?

>YOU JUST ACTIVATED MY TRAIT CARD! NOW PREPARE TO PAY THE SHADOW REALM A VISIT!

You've got three different lion minis? One for each level, I presume? Or is it one for common lions, and two for the two legendary lions?

Are there 2 different legendary Lions? I was talking about lvl1 to lvl3

Yeah. Big Benjamins Catter and Emo Catter.

Beast of Sorrow, aka the loot bag. Then this Great Golden Cat.

Man Beast of Sorrow is the best. If you have that in 1.0 there is no reason to ever hunt a Level 3 Lion.
Sucks that they made Legendary Monsters only one time fightable in 1.5.

Go to a local pet store and look at the stuff they sell for decorations in pet tanks. Sometimes you can find great stuff, especially if you have an exotic pet shop near you that sells spiders and lizards and stuff.

Holy shit now I need to get one more Lion.
Might as well paint the loot bag like a big fucking piƱata.

Oh for fuck's sake, I didn't realize that was a thing.
>make the screaming antelope the supreme resource king
>"well i guess giving the white lion extra resources on top of beast of sorrow would be a bit broken"
>but now you can only fight it once
Poor White Lion dindu nuffin. Why Poots?
All you did was turn White Lion farming into Screaming Antelope farming.

Watch tutorials on youtube for free. There are a lot of good ones about painting GW miniatures, some done by one of their in house painters.

If you want to cover everything, you need five lions.
Lvl1, lvl2, lvl3, Beast of Sorrow and Great Golden Cat.

I thought I was paranoid.
Cutting and separating parts into zip lock bags.
....I'm not paranoid, I swear.

put a thin cloth like a pair of nylons over the end of a vacuum attachment and vacuum your carpet where you dropped it. The suction will make it stick to the cloth.

That is completely normal you silly user.
Nah man, that is too much plastic. Is anyone selling their Lion?

Yeah I wish the base game had come with some extra lions instead of the extra watcher and phoenix and king's men

Brilliant

Clearly, you need some pride!

Shit like this is why I have no problem with recasts.

Oh hey, and don't forget the lion mama you can fight in that hunt event. Shouldn't she get a unique miniature, too? She's not a male lion like the minis are.
Though given that the event says nothing about removing her testicles, maybe they're just hermaphrodites.

Poots confirmed both gender lions have testicles. Social justice game tbqh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That made me think, will we get a Female First Hero?
If so, I hope we get unique Hit Loaction Cards.

I'm not sure if that qualifies as social justice or just a bullshit excuse to not add a new model.

That basically just makes them like Hyenas.

What I'm far more worried about is Poots catching wind of this and his legal obligation to issue a C&D.

There's a motherfucking Jojo reference man in the last thread explaining why you should shut the fuck up about your fan game but he obviously didn't listen

>obligation

Don't know, I've seen people talking about there being both a male and female First Hero, but I've only ever seen the male mentionned officially. Maybe I've skipped something.
In any case, I doubt he does it if it's only for a few locations on otherwise identical monsters.

Also belt of gender-swap. And homosexual partnership.

You literally can't C&D against Anonymous.

Yeah you can. Hell, a bunch of elitist in Ivy-Oxbridge are trying to attribute Shakespeare's works to him because they don't believe someone from the middle class to be capable of such artistry.

I want more world lore, Poots. Give us a another art book at least, please.

Sorry, that's the big version. Poots has trolled those of poor eyesight.

in this case that's intentional - they wanted to give some work in progress spoilers without giving too much spoilers

I saw it when it first went up.
Funny how essentially an image about shai-hulud ants is an image for ants

Pleb , real men cut off all the pieces and put them in a single bag and then begin assembly

>Your order has shipped
Aw yiss

Female first hero was mentioned somewhere in the depths of the kickstarter comments.