Is magic feminine or masculine?

Is magic feminine or masculine?

Should I give bonuses to the more magically relevant sex?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taoist_sexual_practices
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

magic aint real nigga

My dick is feminine.

That's dumb. You're dumb. What you SHOULD do is have each culture in your setting view magic differently, and their means of invoking it differs, which means that the men in one culture might be naturally more gifted mages, while another culture might rely on some form of thaumaturgy that only women can reliably perform.

>Is magic feminine or masculine?

Neither or, more accurately, it's both.

Males get a bonus for specific range of spells and females for a different range of spells.

>to
>not for

found the victim of cultural marxism

>Victim
I am the origin, fool

Depends on the setting, depends on the culture, depends on the gender norms of the culture, and depends on the magic.

In some cultures real or fictional there have been ideas of different types of magic for men or women, or only one of either being able to do certain or any magic.

So the answer is neither. If it fits your setting, the game, or characters then maybe you could. A character's religion might view the magic women do as being like a positive force for healing, mending, altering, and creating, or maybe for slower passive effects, and then view men's magic as the opposite and for destruction, transforming, taking apart, killing, or being a straightforward powerful magic.

Maybe female magic used offensively would be subtle or manipulative, while male magic would be blunt and powerful.

I'd make sure to have a good reason within the setting to give an actual bonus for anything like that. Up to you.

Magic is feminine. That's why Loki could call Odin a fag about doing magic, even though Loki once got fucked as a female horse and gave birth to Sleipnir it was less feminine and gay than doing magic.

lol what are you the spirit of hanukkah

Magic, the mystery, is feminine. The Magician, the penetrator of the mystery, is masculine. Everything else is in your head. The magic doesn't give a fuck.

Checked

>What you SHOULD do is have each culture in your setting view magic differently
That's dumb. Younger cultures would borrow a lot from the ancient ones.

That didn't stop him from becoming the most powerful wizard in Norse Mythology.

>Odin

Magic is futa

>56807454
>is magic feminine or masculine?

It's not gendered.

>Should I give bonuses to the more magically relevant sex?

No.

Odin was a mistake. Should have never replaced based Tyr

Unlike Zeus, Odin was actually a pretty swell guy.

That's more of a meme. The source is anti-odinist and really likes talking about semen. Viking mythology is weird tho. It has a bit of gender bending and gay shit, but anyone who pushes more or less than that has some silly agenda or another.

While we're on the subject though, here's my silly agenda: study the runes, lads and lassies.

It's a meme because it's legitimate.

You sure came here prepared.

Sun magic is order and masculinity. Moon magic is chaos and femininity. Blood/semen/sex magic is life and future. Divination/necromancy is death and past. Darksun magic is traps.

If they developed separately because of geographical barriers, they'd have different views. You know, like in real life.

>Sun magic is order and masculinity. Moon magic is chaos and femininity

Wasn't this the deal in The Mists of Avalon?

>Darksun magic is traps
Quality post right here.

Depends on setting.

>Depends on the setting

I hate this. Stop saying it.

Some settings don't say it.

It was the deal in many cultures in real life

Depends on the culture.

Depends on the setting and the type of magic. In most cases, no.

1: It’s not real.
2: Since it’s not real it depends on several other factors.
3: One of these factors it is dependent upon is the rules of the fictional setting in question.

>It has a bit of gender bending and gay shit
At least Mesoamerican myth is more willing to admit you get to fuck thicc god booty

>Some settings don't say it.

Infinite realities confirmed...?

No you found yourself with a black dick up your butt.

Magic is female (La magia).
Miracles are male (El milagro).
t. Spaniard.

True, but he was still a massive girly man for using magic.

Bonuses aren't necessary, magic is already so feminine that high level casters become little girls as soon as they can.

Then stop asking questions that depend on the setting, or at least specify a setting.

Men get the "active" spells with positive energy I.e. light, fire, wind, vitality

Women get the "negative energy" spells I.e. darkness, necromancy, water and earth.

(Based on the Ying Yang duality of genders)

>Swedes were always semen-slurping fagots

What else can you do?

Start rambling about the specifics of your homebrew setting that has never interested anyone, ever?

depends on the fucking setting holy shit stop making threads like this

It's not purely aesthetic and actually gets shit done, so I'd say magic is masculine. The feminine counterpart would be highly flashy party tricks.

Life force is an aspect of Yin, you know. Necromancy falls under neither category.

What is the source?

Yes
Only if you're going to build a system around the gender of characters.

>Isis and Thot
>not Heka

You blew it.

It's gay

Feminine

If that's your thing sure

Milagros is a woman's name tho. And while there's no men literally called Magia, Magín is a masculine name.

It's on a spectrum like most of the posters here

Cultural Marx?

>Start rambling about the specifics of your homebrew setting that has never interested anyone, ever?
Not him, but at this point I think I'd prefer if that was most user's response than "Depends on the setting"

There'd be a few gems in the shit that'd come out at least

>It is I, Odin. Ragnarok is upon us, and I need your strength. You, all of you, must give me your semen. >Fill me to overflowing and beyond. Hold nothing back. The fate of the world depends on you.

Reminder that Harpo Marx was the first american performer to make a tour in Soviet Union, in 1933

Leonard "Chico" Marx was best brother anyways, Groucho is more overrated than full english breakfast

Humans can't use magic. Everyone who does is actually a pretender or a divine/supernatural being in disguise

>ywn never be such a chad that you actaully have to resort in /d/-tier shit so that you don't reach some sort of chad-singularity

I like settings like Norse mythology where magic is feminine but Odin, the mightiest dude in the canon, is also wimpy sorcerer.

fpbp

Did you just assume magic's gender, shitlord?

Friendly reminder that virtually every woman is more productive and useful to society than you.

Prove it, faggot

>she mad

>Having sex with men, bearing their children, and raising said children for years is less gay then magic.
>Says Loki to Odin.

Magic requires a balance of masculine and feminine energies, so traps and tomboys make the best spellcasters.

Women use lowly hedge magic

Men use superior high ritual magic

>magic
>associated with a particular sex of human
>not associated with the unfathomable forces of the cosmos
>not diminished in power as people come to understand the workings of what they once called miracles

Feminine. Women can create life. In Finnish mythology, women had what was called "the power of the cunt" - they could scare off evil spirits by exposing their nether region.

Women were better than men at magic in mythology and folklore, user. Norse, Greek & Egypt just to name a few. Mainly in the west.

Magic has always been a feminine aspect of history, not "forces of the cosmos".

>mystical forces of ancient times are seemingly nonexistant or explained by rational science today
>actually it's because there are so many vaginas these days all the spooks and spectres have been frightened away from Earth

>Norse
Odin was considered a greater practitioner of magic than even Frejya, who was his teacher.
>Greek
The god of magic was Hermes, a dude. Hecate was the goddess of witchcraft.
>Egypt
The personification of magic was masculine, Heka. The inventor of sorcery and learning was Thoth. Feminine magic was associated with Isis.

To add to this, Sumerian deities of magic were predominently male, namely Enki and his sons.

The idea that magic is feminine or masculine is a very flawed subject.

>male magic users
What sorry and craven creatures.

Magic is unnatural. Neither sex can claim any "natural" affinity because magic twists and mutilates nature by existing.

Odin is because he was trans though.

>posts this with a picture of Malekith, a male magic user afaik
Hmmmm

To hell with magic, ya'll need to learn to use realities iframes.

I've always interpreted this as trolling. Loki attached a rope to his nuts and let a goat pull it, even though it must have hurt like a motherfucker, to make Skadi laugh as well. It's possible that he basically gives no fucks if people think he's not manly, but knows it bothers Odin to be considered unmanly.
At one point "conserving your semen" was a really important meme with occultists who were later involved with the nazi party- men were supposed to avoid using their semen except for when conceiving children, and conceiving a son, especially a high quality son, used up more semen than a daughter. Women craved semen until they were knocked up, and women who had sex without getting pregnant were in danger of becoming femme fatales, vampires, etc. A connection was made between male potency, especially intelligence and determination, and semen, with men who had too much sex being degenerate, weak, and depleted mentally, while women were considered to take on more of those manly traits when they had a regular intake of semen. There was even a dude who gave himself regular injections of bull semen to see if it would make him stronger. This is where the probably myth that Hitler never fucked Eva Braun comes from- people wanted to believe he was conserving his semen.

>complaining about casuals
>in a game with a fully invincible dodge

lmao

>There was even a dude who gave himself regular injections of bull semen to see if it would make him stronger.
So, did it work?

Humans can use magic in LotR. The Witch King was a formidable sorcerer even before he acquired his ring of power.

So like wheel of time

Depends on the source of magic.

Lloth obviously is going to hand out more power to ladies, so Drow Clerics are usually female. Male drow spellcasters tend to go arcane for this reason.

So if magic comes from something like 'having a dick' then men will be better at it.

The Wheel of Time favors men in terms of individual power.

Women are better working in groups.

>Blood/semen/sex magic is life and future.
What about sugar?

Let the player decide how much they want to invest in magic.
Stat modifiers based on race are also bullshit.

>Stat modifiers based on race are also bullshit.

Not like it matters. Humans are better Wizards than elves even in D&D.

This. You'd have to be French if you think having extra rules for arbitrary gendered abstract concepts is ever a good idea.

Why is this topic so common

If you spend enough time on Veeky Forums you eventually notice there are certain autists with a fixation on certain topics.

Depends on who you ask in my setting.

The not!elf Europeans say it's not gendered. It's power, ripe for the taking. You'd have to be a fool to not even use a little bit.Most magical writings are written in their language. You'd be hard pressed to find a fighter who isn't an Eldritch Knight.

The not!Imperials say it is a feminine art, and because of their societal structure (Bureaucratically matriarchal with mostly if not all male war council and army) that's not necessarily bad. Some might even disguise themselves as females to gain power before they ditch their homeland.

The not!Dwarves say it blasphemy to use Chaos Magic (non religious magic) and those who do live in caves and other hideouts where they perform their magic in peace.

Gnomes and halflings don't give a fuck what other people think. Most Gnomes use magic as much as elves.

>he has never invited a 10/10 bibliothèque to dinner
user, je suis déçu...

All three are considered gods of magic for differing reasons.

>Men are usually stronger with Earth and Fire, and women with Air and Water, while strength with Spirit is balanced equally among them.
This is from the wiki and stated in the first book.

No that's dumb. Magic is an universal constant, like gravity. It's the same for everyone regardless of how they feel about it.

>the wiki

So you haven't read the entire series then? Oh you are funny, mister.

Reminds me of Taoism
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taoist_sexual_practices

Women ARE better than men at magic

I've studied enough wicca to know this