Warhammer 40.000 General /40kg/

Peak shitposting hours/MOST PLAYTESTED EDITION EVER?!?, Edition.

>Fill in the survey, ask GW for a good Ork codex for once
warhammer-community.com/2017/11/30/say-big-community-survey-nov-30gw-homepage-post-1/

>Dark Angels Preview
warhammer-community.com/2017/12/04/chapter-focus-dark-angels/

>Daily Dunked Peaches
youtube.com/watch?v=3J7B3r1ZDvA

>FAQs, Errata, and Designer Commentary (up to 1.3):
warhammer-community.com/faqs/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>Math-hammer (thank Autism!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10t6_FO9mTaG8FHY4B7v6hOQgwc3gXxUiIOrMYt16I6M/edit#gid=2101593554

Other urls found in this thread:

store.steampowered.com/app/394450/Warhammer_40000_Deathwatch__Enhanced_Edition/
reddit.com/r/Warhammer40k/comments/7hpgp1/ama_announcement_aaron_dembskibowden_black/
www21.zippyshare.com/v/drkPLYvW/file.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

All the Deathwatch talk last thread made me wonder why there's no good Co-op Deathwatch vidya yet.

toxicrene is really good at killing vehicles, big brain bug is shit.

> Grabbed Dark Crusade on sale
> Never played a DoW game or Strategy game before
> Decide I should do some learnin before I jump in
> This tutorial might just be the most boring thing I've ever seen

How fucked am I if I just skip it?

>creating a new thread when we're on page 6
Oh well, nth for da boyz(female)

>no XCOM style Deathwatch game where you customize and advance your squad

Its a generic RTS, just skip it you dolt.

Exodites when?

Made a Land Raider Ares for open play. Thoughts?

Skip it, its easy as fuck anyway, just click who you want to move then click where you want them to go/shoot.

wrong Board go to >>vg or >>V for those questions

This really activates my Almonds. Why would Corbulo still be looking for a cure to the Flaw if they wont be making any more of the tainted marinelets?

I just want Space Marine 2 with dungeon crawling.

Thats a sexy fuckin land raider bruh

9/10 would loot

To cure the special characters before they get turned into chad marines

What’s a fluffy Iron Warriors army look like?

That would probably compete for the same niche as Space Hulk.

Gaunt's Ghosts Warmaster anyone?

a pile of corpses who killed themselves in a fit of autism

Let’s build a Christmas list! What do we put in it and what do we paint them as?

>Vostroyan Nutcrackers

Chaos Lord, renegade basilisks, and hoards of cultists.

Das cool mane
How'd you do it?

What's the best bit of "good" grimdark in 40k? As in, not pointless "blood and gore and dead babies" for the hell of it, but "makes sense in the context of the fucked up universe" way.

wouldn't it be Da Goylz?

but the ones going ballistic are primaries isn't it?
that just means the whole "free of RT" was bullcrap and something inherent of the BA geneseed as Cawl predicted

Because why have one batch of marines from one source like cloning pods or conventional recruitment, when you can have marines from both conventional recruitment AND cloning pods? Double the marines!

Well, if you've never played an RTS game before...

ZOG IT! Just go in blind and play it by ear. Tell us how you did when you're done too!

Oh god yes.

Any vindicators? Or any Obliterators?

I keep my eye on Space Hulk but currently the gameplay just seems so slow. And I don't like Dark Angels or the fact that hacking is a skill either.

I just want to run around committing extreme guerrilla warfare against various Xenos Races.

Pretty much anything in Guy Haley’s Baneblade series. But that’s my opinion.

store.steampowered.com/app/394450/Warhammer_40000_Deathwatch__Enhanced_Edition/

the black rage

Do we know if another company has the rights to Space Marine?

If i do remember correctly during the Blood Angels stream. The Lore guy mentioned that Dante is increasing production of Scouts and that scouts are going towards both Manlets and Chads.

Orks aren't jews so no.

Who do you think produced DoW3?

Okay guys, I need some ideas for acolytes. If you have them post them?

Has it gotten any better with the modding community starting to come in or not?

Hordes of infantry and cultists backed up vindicators, daemon engines and obliterators.

A slow, grinding advance up the table leade by infantry, followed by seige guns.

I understood it so, that any enemy character with 10 or more wounds by default (aka, at the beginning of the game) can be targeted, it doesn't change it, if he is hurt or not

the whole shit about being visible or not, that should be scrapped tough

I played like 15 minutes and hated it. I dunno.

the ending of Death of Integrity felt to me as the type of grimdark that the franchise is always advocating

The Novamarines/Blood drinkers manage to escape alongside 2 magi that were with them, but several honor guard guys from both chapters die, the DAoT ship they find escapes and laughs at them for being impotent against chaos, the chapter master of the BD goes black rage and mutates as he denies Kairos' offer, finally the MC's teacher/parental figure dies starting the engines thus allowing the ship to escape, then when he finds out the magos knew of the AI he tries to kill him but it's stopped because they manage to get a ton of STCs and are hailed heroes, so gets so depressed for his failure that he goes on a penitent crusade and is never seen again despite being the primary candidate for next chapter master

the entire thing felt so bittersweet that it truly felt like the grimdarkness

Nope.
DoW 3 is also total abandonware.

Am I fluff enough lads?

I think it’s suppose to be charactistic. It’s too scary to have a Hive tyrant or some other massive creature get so close.

I bought it on sale recently, played through the whole campaign and some vs AI matches.
It feels... bad but i cant really say why. I just get this empty feeling when playing it, its got so soul.

It's decent, but the multiplayer still needs a lot more work from the game dev end (the fact they're letting the modding community tinker with it instead of being assholes about mods is a good sign).

Get some Plasma, Melta, and Fists in those Crusader squads. You’re hamstringing yourself otherwise.

We're assuming its full of typos/mistakes and are not going to play with it until the FAQ but yes, it no longer says wounds characteristics, just wounds.
Other rules that just say "wounds" refers to wounds remaining but I cant believe this isn't an error.

Noted - thanks

Small question, can apothecaries revive characters?

I kitbashed mine from the DV cultists, spare SM weapon bits, and lots of filing and greenstuff. They work pretty well for acolytes.

The res thirst/black rage

The Lamenters at Slaughterhouse 3 (I think is the name of the planet). Orks have taken over the planet and the Lamenters must exterminate the xenos. In doing so they desperately try to save the human populace. Eventually the civilians realize none of them will escape if the space marines keep trying to save them, so the humans will fly stay behind while the lamenters retreat to orbit and exterminate the planet.

The orks are repelled and the Lamenters are lauded as heroes, until Malakim Phoros rejects the accolades, citing the mission as a fail and almost being branded heretics

If you have to cut down some squads by 5 that’s fine, as you’ll want to buff everyone else with weapons. Plenty of special weapons and the like. Make sure those Lieutenants gets fists or swords and that you sprinkle fists and Melta/plasma into the Crusader Squads. Maybe see about another apothecary too.

Is the character's squad targetable?fucking hell, Celestine can.

What are you gonna ask ABD Veeky Forums?
reddit.com/r/Warhammer40k/comments/7hpgp1/ama_announcement_aaron_dembskibowden_black/

How the imperium treats psykers. It's grimdark as fuck, but when they could become a portal for daemons at any moment it's the only reasonable way to treat them.

I'm trying to build something choppy enough to be fluffy that doesn't involve using a bloody stormraven/land raider to get into charge range. Thought a big pile of troops would give units enough chaff to close the distance. Helpful feedback, thanks again.

What's he getting his parents for Christmas.

faggot

It's a Landraider Redeemer with an extra heavy flamer on each side, and the front end of a Vindicator (gun and shield) in place of the normal assault ramp. It's a nice, fairly simple conversion.

Perfect. There’s nothing wrong with an LRC as the Templars were the ones to design it, but going with chunky squads is always good. If you have to, cut some squads down by 2-3 all around then and have the characters run with them. Load up on fists and special weapons and call it a day as you wreck face.

If the characters are in a squad with no other wounded models, then yes. But they come back with just one wound.

Apothecaries only heal Chapter infantry.

Would this be an alright list in a 2k point casual game? I fucking suck at writing lists

Considering the unit cost, which is better at 1500 points:
>a battalion detachment in which you take all your units
>a battalion detachment where you take your soldiers, flyer detachment for flyer and vanguard detachment for your elites plus HQ officers in all the detachments

Unless I'm missing something there's no drawback to taking multiple detachments other than the buy in costs for all the mandatory slots ? All you get from this is more slots and command points.

>fluffy
>0 Sword Brothers

OMG user used my shitty image for OP i am honored.

Thats why 8th edition FoC is fucking dumb, you spam as many detachments as possible for maximum cp

If it's a casual game then diversify your units a bit.

Does creating Poxwalkers with pic-related above the squad limit cost reinforcement points?

no

>STEAMLINED

Already got enough of them in my other list which has a (FUCKING) Stormraven in. Trying something different and gotta save points somewhere old chap.

What do you mean?

I'm pretty sure templars are pretty much a normal chapter now they got almost wiped out and replaced after the storm of chaos thing with guilliman.

Cant they use librarians now?

I hope not.

All those HQs aren't cheap.

What the fuck are you smoking user?

BT Librarians? No such thing.
>Abhor the Witch, motherfucker

what if i tell you its intentional?

Fucking yes. I hope people are ready for a fucking Poxman Apocalypse.

Shadow of War crossed with Space Hulk Deathwing

It's not an ability they lost, its a choice they stand by.

That was a single Crusade; meaning not even 1/10th of the Chapter.

Does anybody have any good sources or books that reference the Craftworld: Il-Kaithe?

No, but here's Rise of the Ynnari!

That’s only if everyone around your poxwalkers die first. Anyone smart enough would shoot them before they got too close and to make sure the units around them don’t add to their numbers.

as a question how does the grey knight codex hold up against chaos anything armies?
I see alot of people say their bad without proper reasons but how do they fair against what they were made to deal with?

As a BT player I'm totally cool with never having access to librarians.

I just wish we got something in their place. Currently BT is just a normal chapter minus Librarians.

What if I told you there is a stratagem to help with that also? The Poxman Apocalypse is happening and you can't stop it now.

>Hips for days
Pretty sure thats a female space marine

Beside your characters is a 2 unit spam list with no AA unless the Knights get into combat with the vehicles. Also your scouts have no transports or long range weapons so they're mostly stuck after they infiltrate. Take some rhinos or wait for the codex to get land speeders storm.

I have met some guys who have some nice hips user.

Please tell me how the dead plan to march.

Thoughts on GSC? They’re by no means anywhere near top tier, but their models are Chad AF. Patriarch is probably my favourite model around.

It's just some heretically good fan art.

>I just wish we got something in their place.
It's called Crusader Squads.

>www21.zippyshare.com/v/drkPLYvW/file.html
in epub