My character died last session

My character died last session
;__;

Gunsmith Cats was bretty gud

My game died last session

rip

played my first tabletop RPG (over tabletop simulator) last week. It was an hour of character creation, an hour of play and then it fell apart.

My player died last session.

Bury him for piety points.

My character became a vampire two sessions ago. In 5e D&D.
I'm not sure if the DM made the right choice.

explain

Player characters as vampires is just not something I've heard good stories about.
I should clarify that I still have full control of my character.

So was Riding Bean.

Me too user
Onto my second game as of last week and things are fun
Don't give up

This has been every game I've ever played.

My character died and was resurrected as an undead by the resident necromancer.

He was dying, and being pursued by hellhounds whose job was to kill and then devour his soul. He got out of it by killing himself and being raised undead.

How did it happen?

Star Wars Edge of the Empire. Players didn't know how to create characters (except me) and GM was rusty on the rules. Tabletop Simulator's character sheet code kept glitching out so it took too long. One player kept making bad rolls and his girlfriend lost interest partly because the other players were basically making decisions for her, including making her character. I had some fun probably because my character was made well. Then we got surrounded by stormtroopers who dealt a lot of damage and the battle looked to be going bad so we stopped.

I would've wanted to keep playing by I guess I was the only person enjoying it.

Me too.

i had my first character death a few sessions ago.
it was a backup character i had rolled up in case my regular character died. but i really liked the backup i made so my DM had my main one go offscreen for awhile so i could play this one.
and he died on his second session. ironic right?
not mad tho. he was a noble so this actually means quite a lot for the story and im excited to see where it goes.

I don't know about 5e, but in 3e you got a ridiculous +8 level adjustment, which means that you'd pretty much never level up again. That was the worst thing that happened to me when my character became a vampire back then.
Is it still like that in 5e?

I was not rusty on the rules! Fuck you Johnny you should have thought more tactically.

>tfw no qt bomb-chucking gf
Even if she is a womanlet.

Sorry for your loss, despite Veeky Forums being hardened veterans who feel nothing and scream fadeleaf no! constantly we all felt that loss deep inside for a good character.

Screw you Mitch! Remembering everything /after/ being reminded of it all means you're rusty.

The only tactics were to take cover which can't be done when you're surrounded and outnumbered.

if you die in the game...

My game is dying right now

I have a vampire the masquerade campaign that begs to differ.