Warhammer 40.000 General /40kg/

Giant character monsters becoming invisible under 10 wounds, edition.

>Dark Angels Preview
warhammer-community.com/2017/12/04/chapter-focus-dark-angels/

>Daily Dankan
youtube.com/watch?v=93ODIzoHv3Q [Open]

>FAQs, Errata, and Designer Commentary (all of them):
warhammer-community.com/faqs/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA
>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>Math-hammer (thank Autism!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10t6_FO9mTaG8FHY4B7v6hOQgwc3gXxUiIOrMYt16I6M/edit#gid=2101593554
>Codex Blood Angels PDF Expires 16-Dec
sendit.cloud/bqk6c7c548ue
>epub
mega.nz/#!ZotmFSpK!_ahEZ21p3hVCHwQ9u5vD5YQOjVpJWYOH4Cl7jhJeNo8

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/14603942
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

FIRST FOR THE HIVE MIND

“Good luck targeting me now, I’m below 10 wounds!” - character with wounds characteristic of 10 or more.

AMEN TO THAT, BRUVAH
TELL ME.

WHAT IS THE BEST WARLORD TRAIT FOR A HIVE FLEET KRAKEN HIVE TYRANT?

That's not how the term "Wounds characteristic" works.

For those who didnt get it
Left is original core rulebook.
Right is CA, new rules. This is how it works now, as opposed to the core.

Tau buffs when?

It is not how it works, stop trying to push a shitty meme

Good morning /40kg/ what are we shitposting about this time?

Fellow marine players, how many troops do you usually use? And how many models in each troop squad?

It’s not a shitty meme, bitter guardfag whose commissars got absolutely buttfucked.

Has anyone got the absolution of swords or agent of thw throne: blood and lies they can share?

strawpoll.me/14603942
strawpoll.me/14603942

battle of the ages

strawpoll.me/14603942
strawpoll.me/14603942

Look at the OP and you'll see, maybe even have enough sense to wait until a new thread pops up and the mongoloids have run out of steam

I take 3 10 man tactical squads but i think i am the outler here.

>Good morning /40kg/ what are we shitposting about this time?
That you cant shoot my Hive Tyrant because he's only got 9 wounds left.

Replace "bitter guardfag" with "literate person".
Even if I played guard this would have nothing to do with commissars

you're retarded

The worst part is it assumes that people are going to be taking fire warriors.

Glorious taudar!

You aren’t more literate. You just decided you didn’t like the change and are through any means attempting to insist you are correct.

Neither of those

It says "wounds" which has been used to refer to the wound characteristic before, what it doesn't say however is "wounds remaining" and "wounds" has not been used to refer to "wounds remaining" in the past either

Is it normal I prefer this sculpt to the new one?

>literate
>can't tell "wounds" from "wounds characteristic"

I havent been part of this discussion, I wanted an excuse to post that pic.

IMO if a character starts with 10+
wounds, you can always shoot him. FITE ME

me too
its discontinued tho, is it not?

"More literate" wew.
Feel free to point out to me where it says "remaining wounds".

Can we all agree that this is the best chapter ever?

Feel free to point out where if says “wounds characteristic”

when you get shot you dont take "remaining wounds"

Thats literally the worst one, reserved for edgy autists

tactical marines are just kinda bad in 8th. bolters dont do shit

>"wounds" has not been used to refer to "wounds remaining" in the past either
Really? lets look at the warlord traits in the mian book
>roll a dice each time this warlord loses a wound, on a 6 6 the warlord shrugs off the damage and does not lose that wound
So I roll I dice every time someone reduces my wounds characteristic, right? It doesn't refer to my current/remaining wounds by your logic?

Just admit GW fucked up yet again so we can move past this you delusional brainlet.

All wrong

>muh sphess shark
>muh brooding silence
>muh edge
I mean, I cant really judge since my favourite chapter is "TEH ULTIMATE GARY STU's", but grow the fuck up, man. You aint in highschool anymore.

We played it like that for a while. It was fun while it lasted.

>Haha! You cant target my Flyrant! You have to shoot that random spore mine first!

That has nothing to do with anything being discussed?
Wasn't your entire point that it means "wounds remaining"? It doesn't seem to say that I'm afraid.

Haha you can’t shoot my towering giant walking tank! You have to shoot my diminutive abhuman snipers first!

Was. They are maori now.

Yea but i feel like its fluffy to take that many tactical marines. I know its probably not but i dont like MSU.

You remove a wound from the remaining wound pool of the model, yes.

It doesn’t seem to say “wounds characteristic” either I’m afraid.

>b-b-but everyone in space is white!
Neck yourself

Nice reading comprehension retard.
You intended to prove with your example that the word "wound" refers to "wounds remaining" when it absolutely doesn't do that in your chosen excerpt, it just refers to wounds as.. *drumroll*.. wounds. Not wound characteristic, not wounds remaining, just wounds.

Yes you remove a WOUND, not WOUND CHARACTERISTIC.
So for characters you check the WOUNDS not WOUNDS CHARACTERISTIC.

Are you people stupid or something?

How do I do stencils like on this Goliath?

Freehand? Transfer?

“How many wounds has it got?”
“18.”
“K cool.”
*shooting happens and saves are failed.”
“How many wounds has it got?”
“7.”
“Fuck now I can’t shoot it.”

>"just let me cheat!"

Well thanks for confirming that you are in fact wrong I guess, seeing as you can't defend your point anymore

Forgot image

>loses a wound,

Wow, you are retarded. Losing a wound is having a wound removed from the remaining wound pool.

Counter argument :
One model in the unit recovers D3 lost wounds, or you can return a single slain model to the unit with 1 wound remaining.

According to your retarded interpretation, A unit revived this way can't grow back it's lost wound anymore, since they are not "lost", as wound and remaining wounds are the same thing.

This wounds vs wounds characteristic argument reminds me of the raw vs rai argument about whether or not DKoK and Elysians could take regimental doctrines. I'm betting on the RAW faggots to get btfo yet again in an faq, though it is a retarded editing fuck up on GW's part.

Your point is moot because the word you’re arguing isn’t included in the rule. Poor guy - it must suck being this mad because bad.

it's just their culture, the skin color of them can be anything and they turn grey anyway, the main character in the novel was described a blond blue eyed kid in the prequel short story

the best chapter are Crimson Fists this is a scientific fact.

In preparation for the release of the new codex and the renewal of the Eternal Hunt I decided to convert my DAngels into Fallen, what do you think?

Great job user!

I mean, you can keep telling yourself that I'm shaking with rage but that won't make it true, just like pretending to be an ebin memer won't make that rule say "wounds remaining"

>getting this into it
The fact that anyone is rule lawyering this so hard is autistic as all hell.

>Such incorrectly formulated questions

It's like a chess player asking if his pawn can charge...

>“How many wounds has it got?”
Should be :
>How much wound have this model ?
>How much wound are remaining on this model ?

*shooting happens and saves are failed.”

>How much wound have this model ?
>How much wound are remaining on this model ?

I'll break down the rules.
In the targeting units section, it states that any character with less than ten wounds cannot, in general, take target priority.
In the character section, it states that any character with a wounds CHARACTERISTIC of 10 or less cannot take target priority in the shooting phase.
These rules, phrased as they are, do not overlap at all. These are separate rules. What this means is that in the shooting phase a character cannot be targeted if the number on the datasheet is

The stripes or the GSC symbol?

>wounds are not the same as wounds because one says wounds and the other says wounds ahahaha checkmate atheists

CA does not supercede the Rulebook on these matters though.

Does anybody in this thread unironically play "if I go under 10 wounds you cant shoot me LOL"?

I mean, I play Nids and GKs, ffs, and this change would be a huge buff to me, but even I see its retarded as fuck and most likely not RAI.

Thinking you’re right won’t make the rule say “wounds characteristic” either. I’m sure you’ll recover from your butthurt in time.

Symbol

I think there is already a tutorial on hazard stripes

Report to Interrogator Chaplain Asmodai.

Ignore the screaming from down the hall also, it is of no concern.

Sorry user but it appears you have posted a Carcharodons picture instead of a Silver Skulls one

>How many wounds does a hive Tyrant have
>X
>Shoot it
>How many wounds does the hive Tyrant have LEFT.

Could this me just another effect of the....
*drum roll*
Most. Playtested. Edition. EVER?!

Pretty sure the symbol is just a transfer with a wash or something for the drips.

So for Scouts with Sniper Rifles, if you roll a 6 to wound is that an automatic mortal wound, or do you still have to bypass their armor to get that mortal wound?

>Still better than 7th

they really should buff bolters overall but i cant think of a good way to do it. ap-1 doesnt feel right i think since it would make power armour 4+.

maybe 6s to wound do more damage or something

you mean the hazard stripes?

basecoat in white, paint in the yellow over the entire area, then use painters tape cut up to mark out the sections you want to keep yellow, then go over the yellow with the black. take off the strips, use more black to neaten the strips up, then use grey to highlight.

Whatever helps you sleep at night, big guy.

I think it's more an effect of GW's editing department.

You would have to really try to be worse than 7th.

Wait wait wait. So you’re saying that something incorrectly worded can change how it is interpreted?

I’m so glad you noticed that because it’s almost like THIS IS WHY PEOPLE ARE ARGUING ABOUT IT AT ALL loooooooooooooooooooool you dumb fucks thanks for proving my point.

The rule doesn’t say WOUNDS LEFT looooololololol

No, the retards who think it works like that don't actually play the game.

Damn that's a painful pic to look at. Imagine having to explain to people thats $500 worth of plastic.

Little Pedro jobs again to ORKS, of all things. Poor judgement. Chapter in ruins, needs rebuilt. Many such cases!

>muh no true Scotsman
Wow

no, this is wu-tang clan.
Ie, bullshit that's easily figured out what the real rule is, is pushed by the worst form of assholes, and then gets faqed because of those assholes.

It's only purpose is helping you identify assholes, as it will always be played like it is obviously intended and understood by everyone, including the assholes who like to pretend otherwise.

>haha i was just pretending to be retarded

>remove degenerate brainlets
>remove neckbeards
>add female space marines

Here you go user. Enjoy.

That’s not even what was said but nice try

the rules very obviously state that it doesn't work like that so it makes sense to think that the people spreading this meme don't actually the game

Learn to read, inbred.
By your mad theory Old One Eye regenerates his WOUND CHARACTERISTIC as well as Neurotrope increases WOUND CHARACTERISTIC of Zoantropes?

Nuh.

>very obviously
No

>non-GW void shield

Wew

So glad I skipped 6th and 7th. Fro. What I saw it was no.fun at all, and there was 1 list per army that was good.

Also: F O R M A T I O N S

>N-N-NOOOOO, I cant argue against him but I cant agree that GW fuckerd up, c-call him autistic, quick or I'll have to admit I was wrong!
The absolute state of /40kg/

That is your arguement? Figures.

it's wu-tang clan all over again.
Do you remember how that was?
Do you remember how insistant people where that it actually worked that way?

They kept it up for weeks after the faq came out, and fully spelled out that it wasn't the case.

Veeky Forums is intentionally stupid about any rule they can misinterpret because of poor grammar choices. And they will not give up it.