/swg/ Star Wars General

Your own RPG additions edition.
Post about FFG, X-wing, Armada, Legion, WEG D6, Saga/d20, Lego, and anything else Star Wars Related!

Previous: →

Fantasy Flight Games’ X-Wing and Armada Miniatures Games
>pastebin.com/Wca6HvBB
Fantasy Flight Games’ Star Wars RPG System (Edge of the Empire/Age of Rebellion/Force and Destiny)
>pastebin.com/wCRBdus6
Other FFG Star Wars Tabletop (Imperial Assault, Destiny and the LCG)
>pastebin.com/ZE4gn0yN
FFG Dice App (Works with X-Wing, Armada, the FFG RPG system and Imperial Assault)
>mediafire.com/download/64xy3uy6vepll8v/com.fantasyflightgames.swdice.ver.1.1.4.build.9.apk

Older Star Wars Tabletop (d6, d20/Saga, etc.)
>pastebin.com/wXP0LdyJ
Reference Materials & Misc. Resources
>pastebin.com/AGFFkSin

All Canon Novels and Comics (via /co/)
>mega.nz/#F!kJtCTR7Q!HNUwVc1B8KB2FrD4Twmb7g
The Clone Wars Viewing Guide
>img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1442/36/1442364889994.png
Writefaggotry
>pastebin.com/Un1UhzZ4

Shipfag's hangar
>drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByhAdnTlOKOeQnA4SFByUC1aQWM&usp=sharing
Shipfag's Starship Combat Fixes for EotE/AoR/FaD
>mediafire.com/file/y9w713etmckbs98/Shipfag.JPG
Heroes of the Aturi Cluster, co-op X-Wing campaign
>dockingbay416.com/campaign

Armada MC75 Profundity preview:
fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/1/3/profundity/
Armada Chimaera Imperial Star Destroyer preview:
fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/1/8/chimaera/

Legion AT-ST preview:
fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/1/12/massive-destruction/
What kind of flavour do you prefer for your RPG campaigns?

Other urls found in this thread:

fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/1/15/scramble-airspeeders/
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Spider_walker
youtube.com/watch?v=Z1sM9tjqSa8
youtube.com/watch?v=WkwdAl7sroQ
youtube.com/watch?v=ivQQYsi5umQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Yoda: A Star Wars Story when?

Pls no, let Yoda be safe of the ST treatement.

You should be playing Armada

fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/1/15/scramble-airspeeders/

Snowspeeder preview.

ST is dead but R1 was pretty good as is the current ANH through ESB canon.

Curious, but did the First Order bring back the MT-AT?

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Spider_walker

Also, how powerful is the MT-AT anyway?

8 twin Blaster Cannons and 2 Laser Cannons has me wondering.
Also, did the AT-TE have some weakness around the leg and forward section of the walker?

Most AT-TE's I saw were knocked out from the front, like at 2:27 here:

youtube.com/watch?v=Z1sM9tjqSa8

I think Attack Of The Clones also had a Hailfire Droid one shot two or three of them with a missile to the leg section in the front at the 2:40 mark here:

youtube.com/watch?v=WkwdAl7sroQ

And here as well:

youtube.com/watch?v=ivQQYsi5umQ

Looks good, I’m probably going to pick one up just to paint.

Please stop copypasting this post

What would be some cool class names for ships in a surviving CIS? I was thinking something like Revenant or Resurgent, but it doesn't really fit with the older names like Providence or Munificent.

My toydarian medic picked up well rounded, so what skills would you take with this stat array?

They went for computers and knowlege(lore) somewhat bafflingly

>What kind of flavour do you prefer for your RPG campaigns?
I think the nature of RPGs trends to absurdity as a whole, so really just something that can work with the absurdity.

Why is Zinj the best post-endor imperial ?

>spin an AT-ST around so it's facing the wrong direction and its weak rear is exposed
neat

Important question: can twi’lek men grow beards? I’m having a hard time picturing it but i kinda like the idea.

I don't think we've seen twi'leks with any kind of hair before

And now I have a hook for a smuggler, get a shipment of wigs and fake beards to ryloth in time for a diplomatic event

Who wrapped your ISD in gold foil? Was it an elaborate Rebel prank?
I think they're all completely hairless. But I also think Twi'lek and humans can actually have offspring together, so your character could be a half or quarter human twi'lek with facial hair.

>gold plated star destroyer
>gold plated everything
what in the nine hells of correllia is going on here?

Things that don't belong in Star Wars and won't be tolerated at my table
>graphic sex
>crude/potty humor
>strong language
>gore
>modern pop culture references/breaking the fourth wall
Star Wars is a wholesome universe and doesn't need that edgy shit. Leave that nonsense for DnD and Shadowrun.

I want to see a wombo-combo, Snowspeeder spins an AT-ST around so an infantry team with anti-armor can COME FROM BEHIND and hit their weak point.

he isnt? Admiral Mustache aka Paelleon is.

whoever drew that can't into perspective

Bring Wedge and you can do it yourself by activating first next turn.

Didney no.

He looks like he'll serve the best damn pizza in the galaxy.

I like it

I think it's a kinda cute design (looks crap as Lego tho), but it shows the extent Han customized it over the years, which is neat.

>strong language
what if its the 'star wars' cursing like:
>go vape yourself
>your some nerf brained monkey lizard
>replace all usage of the word nigger with the term 'weequay'

also potty humor is perfect for potty situations.
>the old 'they wont look for us in the trash compactor/sewage processing area
>leads to litteral shit jokes
>because they are surrounded by litteral shit

>4th wall
my group's jedi cut open a hutt and everyone said they thought he smelled bad on the outside. it was funny, and everyone stayed in character to do it.

I love that Wedge's ability is to do sick spins.

Not a big fan of how things went, wish they'd treated Luke better, wish they'd given Rey a more explicit timeskip of several months for her training.

>implying the crust wouldn't be a mile thick

It's a good trick.

>>crude/potty humor

Awww...poodoo.

The only thing I'm not 100% with you on here is that I think a character who uses a lot of *in universe* strong language would be absolutely fine

came here to say this.

I've seen it posted here before, can someone post that comparison of RLM rules and criticisms that when applied to Toshiro Mifune's The Hidden Fortress or something has it fail the plinkett test or whatever it was?

Nobody wants to live in a galaxy where they aren't allowed to draw dicks in the shitter.

>>gore

Absolutely agree. Blood, gore, severed limbs...those are absolutely inappropriate to the Star Wars universe, don't appear in the movies even though the weapons have literal earth-shattering power, and should be banned at every table.

I prefer the mandible look to be the primary thing that hasn't changed, but given the whole "YT-1300f" thing now (and the fact that the Millennium Falcon is *way* older than one might guess) I suppose it's possible those bits will be replaced with bits from a later production run of the YT-1300.

>talking about movies on the Traditional Games board

>blood on the fingers
Goddamn this is too edgy for me, how the fuck did Lucas get away with this in a kid's film?
now someone post Oola's nipples

> you dont get to play 'guess what dick that is' while sitting in a coruscant shitter station as the genital grafitii of a million different species of sentients have defaced the permacrete walls
why even live

oh yeah the fucking nipslip in rotj

Sounds like a ton of fun

Whats wrong with Oola nipples?

>We're going to get this stupid thing in X-Wing

When I talk about Strong Language I mean characters using the F-bomb and words like shit in character. Star Wars already has colorful lore appropriate words like schutta, sithspit, and bantha poodoo.
Is school out alresry?
Fuck off when I meant gore I meant shit like Alien or Riddick.

Hit with a wash and a highlight and it wouldn't look half bad.

nothing, but this is a blue board

Man, Kyle's jacket is fucking big
I hope he feels cozy and warm in there

there was a nipslip for like 1 second of rotj in jabbas palace kek

I'm glad to see you're enjoying Armada too, Mr Trump

They are nipples user, everyone has two (some times one more, some times one less), they aren't in the same leagues than say, a cut arm.

>Fuck off when I meant gore I meant shit like Alien or Riddick.

You don't get to change the meaning of words after the fact to make yourself look better.

>We're going to get this stupid thing in X-Wing

I am hoping beyond hope that those mandibles slide open along the outer edge of the hull, and the OT-era Falcon simply has the mandibles permanently stuck in the "open" position.

Otherwise that difference goes WAY beyond modification into "just build a whole new ship" territory. In IRL terms, that's akin to a "modification" where a modern vessel is torn in half just behind the forward gun mount and they put a new 30-foot long hull section in the gap. You're talking a massive change to the core skeletal structure of the ship; it CAN be done, but it requires an actual shipyard and the people who built it in the first place. It's totally out of reach of some random ill-equipped private party to do it.

I guess, unless it's as easy to make changes to a SW ship as it is to make those same changes on a *literal* LEGO ship kit. Then it would work. It would remove any interest or challenge in ship ownership and design in the SW universe, though.

Veeky Forums is based in America and American law is influenced by Puritan and WASP tradition and hence fucking retarded

Titanic is a PG13 movie with full tit and bush, fuck yourself newfag leaf dogfucker, this is just site rules - blue boards = SFW, red boards = NSFW

I'm betting that forward section is gonna finish the movie getting blasted off or knocked off somehow and the more iconic parts will be installed at the end.

>I am hoping beyond hope that those mandibles slide open along the outer edge of the hull, and the OT-era Falcon simply has the mandibles permanently stuck in the "open" position.

I hadn't thought about this possibility. I like it.

Whew lad

Your category of SFW and NSFW being determined, among other things, by female nipples being visible is still rooted in US culture and law. Nobody in the first world flips their shit at a nip slip.

Not sure how that'll work since the YT-1300 mandibles look like they're fixed in place. I think that the Lego design was supposed to look as if there was a cargo section fitted between the mandibles but then Lego and/or the movie crew fucked up the proportions.

You brought up real world censorship this is about Veeky Forums rules you nitwit

I assume there will be a stupid scene where the front of the ship gets damaged and they'll think themselves clever for having "explained" the mandibles...

Wtc kyle’s cozy jacket?

I think some of those things are effective, just not when used to excess.
If your characters never use real life swears, then the one or two times they do have a lot more effect - calling someone a bastard has a lot more effect when they're the only one you've ever referred to as such in 30 hours of play.
You can have some gore, so long as it's presented in an appropriate manner. I once had a ruthless bounty hunter headshot someone with a slugthrower and quickly described the rather graphic result (well, graphic within the confines of SW anyways), which characterised them pretty effectively - just don't linger on it to excess, you can get the point across in a sentence (same with if you had to describe Boba Fett disintergrating someone). It had more effect BECAUSE it was so unusual.
Same thing if any players decide to use a flamethrower on unarmoured enemies - if they've chosen to do that, it should rightly be something very graphic (and hopefully they re-consider doing it again).
Breaking the 4th wall is acceptable if it's in reference to Star Wars. If the players are pulling into an Imperial hanger, all their papers have gone through fine, no questions have been asked and it's all going worryingly smoothly, it's totally fine to have someone go "I've got a bad feeling about this...". Again, you'll roll you're eyes if they're doing it every session, but once in a while is fine.

I liked the explanation than it was for tugging cargo containers. It made sense desu.

Why are you sperging out over a ship that's made to be module?

To be fair he has what looks like Storm Commando armor under it.

why is the background image packs of hotdogs?

OK

Who has the sickest spins?

Sheev, Grievous, Yoda.

Armada rules question here, hoping Ohio user from last thread is still here, or anyone else who can answer.
I saw this in the Armada blog linked last thread, but cannot find this in the rules:

>Two hull zones can attack: Those attacks can be against a ship or all enemy squadrons in one hull zone and range

ALL enemy squadrons in an arc in range can be attacked in one single attack? If so, where is this bit of info? totally missed it

>modular
That's a fair point. It's not as if there isn't precedent for overhauls of the 1300 spaceframe in the franchise. Still, I can't help but have mixed feelings over the "new" look. A mere mandible swap seems almost too minor a change compared to, say, pic related or the CR90's Night Caller configuration.

Because it doesn't look like modularity can explain the differences.

Indeed, now we got people who never read that stuff thinking they are clever for making it some sort of battle damage

Nothing can match 2003 Grievous. He had horizontal spins, vertical spins, even infinite spins of separate parts of his body.

God that's such shit unreaslistic fight choreography.

>For me it came down to simply that we had killed Chewbacca in the Legends—a big moon had fallen on him. Part of that [original decision] was Chewbacca, because he can’t speak and just speaks in growls, he was a challenging character to write for in novels. Publishing had decided they needed to kill somebody, and it was Chewbacca.

>But if you have the opportunity to bring back Chewbacca into a live action film, you’re not gonna deprive fans that. There’s no way that I’d want to do an Episode VII that didn’t have Chewbacca in it and have to explain that Chewbacca had a moon fall on his head. And if we were going to overturn a monumental decision like that, everything else was really just minor in comparison.

apparently the Vong ruined the rest of the EU, too

>It's the Yuuzhan Vong's fault the editors wanted to do a DC/Marvel-style character death.

Yeah, that's correct.

It'll be in the rules reference guide somewhere, although I'm not at home right now to find it.

It has firepower and armor similar to that of an All terrain armored transport

T. Alliance mod for EAW

What pointless reasoning. As if throwing the baby out with the bathwater was the only way to handle that rather than, say, showing important plot events onscreen.

Okay, that's big and I totally missed it. I have been over the rules for 15 minutes trying to find it since I read about it, but cannot find it. You are still limited to 2 arcs right?

Forgot picarooni

Currently watching Clone Wars. Where's my boy Recusant-class at? Why are there only Lucrehulks and Munificents? I miss this sexy beast on the screen.

Question. In the clone wars, the republic had non clone captains in charge of ships and fleets. How sis that come about? Did the republic commission or hire naval captains from systems that already had established navies? Or did they have some sort of officer school set up before they knew they'd have an active warfleet?

I should be running a FFG campaign later this year, I've been doing some early planning. I'm most likely going to do Legends post-RotJ, but my players are leaning on interest with the Old Republic.

Thankfully, I know a fair amount of both eras, but I'm a bit lost on what exactly one can do in the Old Republic. Reason being that although it does, in theory, have the advantage of being "literally anything," I don't want to set it in some blank period like 3,000 BBY because it's a little *too* open, you know?

I was thinking about setting it during the Mandalorian Wars, since it's fairly established, but not *too* established, but not really sure what to do with that. Republic irregulars is the starting idea.

I might just keep it post-RotJ to make it simple, especially since FFG's system is clearly more geared towards that period.

>Did the republic commission or hire naval captains from systems that already had established navies?
That's probably a big part of it, yeah. The Republic probably either held a conscription for sector military forces. In addition to that, they also had the Judiciary Forces, so some of the officers from there might've been retrained for large-scale naval combat and reassigned to the newly-reborn Republic Navy. Wullf Yularen was the latter, actually.

Actually, come to think of it, one fun idea could have the players starting off as a members of a planetary militia that is invaded by the Mandalorians. They manage to fight-off the attack, and shortly after are conscripted by the Republic to fight off-world.

It was fun fighting one of these guys in The Force Unleashed, of all games.

Yep. Two hull zones can attack per turn, each targeting an enemy ship's hull zone, or every squadron in range/arc (rolled separately for each).

Thanks, I just found the rules about this, page 8 of the learn to play pdf, second paragraph in "Attack"

I don't know for sure where the GAR's naval officers came from,but I do know that (prior to the clone wars) the various Republic worlds often maintained their own defense fleets and in times of need would send these forces to aid other Republic interests. It wouldn't surprise me if a lot of the non-clone non-jedi leadership was absorbed from these sector forces.

Chewie is one of the good things in the ST. He is a gentle giant (loses his appetite for porgs when porgs make sad faces at him while he eats), probably the most capable surviving pilot of the Falcon, and although we never find out what he says he is apparently good with words.

Where did they show up?

Neat. Thanks, I figured it was something like that, on account of the fact that considering the republic had no standing war fleet, and didn't have one for a while, they wouldn't have had any old retirees to call into service and the like

The rules reference guide is the real rulebook and where you should look when you've got questions, by the by. It's long (and boring) and a lot to consume all at once, but it's the final answer on everything so it pays to consult it when you're unsure.

Sup /swg/, i'm trying to make Epic into a reasonable game, one that doesn't rely on genteman's agreements and cartels to function.

There are 2 ways that I'm seeing to go about this-

- Make an Errata/FAQ to balance the game at that scale better

- Introduce objectives to encourage "conventional" squads (aka fluffy) by virtue of an alternate scoring system.

Would anyone be able to help me come up with ideas for either of those? For the missions, what would cool missions be?

One was part of the Final Boss routine on Bespin. Last gen/PSP only though,

He is a background character that does virtually nothing other than being the copilot in TLJ. At least he did more in ESB/ROTJ.

If you're a fan of KotOR, one of the things I appreciate is that it tells you a lot about the events leading up to the game but doesn't "fill up" all that empty space.

So for example, there's a ton of room to run a game during the Mandalorian invasion of Republic space, leading up to (or including) joining Revan's forces all the way up to the battle of Malachor V. The comics cover some of this period, but the narrative is tight enough that there's a lot of room to play in.

You could also cover the space between Revan's return, but before Malak's betrayal, possibly leading up to Revan's capture.

I honestly thought I would hate the porgs, on account of how they were basically a cash grab for merchandising, but compared to ewoks, they're actually a good addition to the movie. I bet they taste delicious