Persona Related Tabletop?

I think I remember seeing a thread in here a few months back about some guy who wanted to see about running a tabletop RPG based on persona.

Was wondering if there was a good one, since my friends and I have been really wanting to do something like that for a few weeks now.

Thanks in advance! (P.S. I don't suppose it matters which persona the rules are based off, come to think. so it's whatever.)

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/fPtM5Tj
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

If I remember right those threads were using the One Roll Engine and specifically Monsters And Other Childish Things to homebrew persona, using the Monster rules for the personas and then increasing the stats of the kids so they're less small children and more teenagers/adults.

That said, we should think up cool personas in this thread too.

that sounds interesting for a system. Hopefully there's a pre-converted to this system PDF floating around if they ever got around to doing that.

Also, it's funny you bring that up. Me and said friend group have all actually come up with personas for ourselves that we'd use for said RPG. Those being;

Magician - Siddhartha
Empress - Xochipilli
Lovers - Don Quixote
Justice - Prometheus
Star - Wu Zetian
Fortune - Son-Wukong
Hanged Man - Mothman
Moon - Atalanta
Chariot - Hercules
and Emperor - Hephaestus

We actually decided to avoid Wild Cards, and Fool arcanas, specifically because we didn't want a protagonist-kun to take over.

That would be this.

It's mostly feature complete, though the GM rules (which includes rules for custom Shadow creation) are currently in a separate section.

It's funny that you mention that since the current rules in the PDF don't support Wild Cards yet. That's an optional rule that hasn't really been touched.

oooo dope, does this come with blanks for the character sheets? or are those not available

>Xochipilli and Don Quixote
Hell yeah. Excellent taste.

I've toyed around in the past with putting together a series of Celtic/Arthurian myth themed personae, though I only ever got a few done. My big favorites were Crom Cruach as the Tower and Saint Patrick as the Heirophant.

Sure does!

The testers in the Discord are using an online sheet that works much better for online use. This one here is designed explicitly for live tabletop use.

well, I remember asking one of my friends about "if any of us were to be the fool arcana who do you think it'd be" and they had said like; "Preferably nobody. Since, then there'd be a protagonist. and then it's kind of less fun for everybody else"

Plus, While Wild Cards are fun and all. either one person would get special prvileges, or everybody would just be carrying like ten personae each, and at that point it'd just get hectic to keep track of y'know?

Exactly. Some of the test campaigns for the game have used Sub-Persona rules borrowed form Persona Q, which have worked out very well so far.

We actually did come up with a theme, (like the greco-roman p3, japanese myth p4, and criminals and rebels p5.) which was basically "Outcasts, who were rejected by or rejected societal norms. preferably with some form of psychosis allegorical to the user." it's a little close to P5's, but it's loose enough that it allows a wide range.

Huh, that works pretty well. I would argue though that p5's theme is more specific in being "Fictional and semi-fictional villains/criminals" though.

also, yeah. I'm actually a little surprised at how varied and unique our persona cast is for the most part. sans a couple of personae that already exist. Especially considering about half of the players have never touched the persona series.

The "Outcasts" part is probably the loosest thing in our theme definition, since it basically counts anything that was persecuted. so, while Prometheus might be revered by most people, he was persecuted for stealing fire,

and Siddhartha while never necessarily becoming an outcast goes through his entire life restricting societal pressures and norms placed onto him in a narcissistic drive that, because he's gotta be smarter than everybody else. he's gotta know the *real* way to gain enlightenment.

We've tried to make it as deep as possible. we've even started writing P5 style persona awakenings, with dialogue from both the user and the persona. it's great

Here's the GM specific chapter. It's unfinished but mostly for the world building and campaign creation guidelines. The features (like how to create Shadows) are all in there.

Recently the tests have shown that the encounter challenge level calculations are tuned too low, so all enemies should have at least 20% more power to be properly challenging.

is there an editable version of this form? or are we just to use something like PDFescape?

Here's an editable version of the character sheet. Not sure if I have an editable Persona sheet on me.

this is good enough, if the persona one isn't available. thanks!

Note that some of the fields are crooked for stylistic reasons, so it looks kinda bad when you type data directly into it. It's inspired by the Unknown Armies 3rd Ed character sheet, hence the design.

Note that this isn't an entirely stand-alone product. You still need the core Monsters and Other Childish Things book to run it. Players might not need to read it but the GM does.

ahh good on you to point that out. i'll make sure that whoever GMs reads over that as well

If anyone wants to hop the Discord for this project, here's a link to it:

discord.gg/fPtM5Tj

Some of these are very interesting choices. Why go for Hanged Man on Mothman and Hephaestus for Emperor?