Warhammer 40000 General /40kg/

CAW! CAW! SKREEEEEH! Edition.

>Daemons PDF
mega.nz/#!Q0MXyZrC!x1ENQubDj7wfqGvzzR5nr3284piWc6QyHDl_ZtBJXMM

>Warhammer Community Latest
warhammer-community.com/2018/01/17/adeptus-custodes-preview-part-3-war-machinesgw-homepage-post-2/

>Painting/Thread Theme
youtube.com/watch?v=JuYeHPFR3f0

>FAQs, Errata, and Designer Commentary
warhammer-community.com/faqs/

>Rules
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>Math-hammer 40k
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10t6_FO9mTaG8FHY4B7v6hOQgwc3gXxUiIOrMYt16I6M/edit

Other urls found in this thread:

games-workshop.com/en-US/Black-Templars-Chapter-Upgrade
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Hydra Dominatus

too early for a new bread desu

Anyone have some suggestions for building a half-decent Black Templar army?

What are the top 5 armies with the most types of units?

Marines
CSM
Guard
Eldar
And Dark Angels, Blood Angels, Space Wolves and Orks are probably around the same

>top 5 armies with the most types of units?
soup

technically genestealers

Yes
>Play Ultramarine soup

>tfw you realize this guy has essentially an Assault 1 18" S32 AP-5 Dd3 plague weapon with damage spillover at BS2+, for 46 points
Who thought that was a good idea?

Warphead

Use raven guard rules

bird tits

First, last and greatest.

I wish Marine melee was good.

Fuck.

No

Crusaders in Rhinos and then some deep strike shit to act as buffer for your rolling rhinos, Terminators, Reivers or Assault troops are all good and now Jetbike Custodes can do a similar job to support your shit until they get in the thick of it.

No one, they thought he needed d3 mortal wounds

Wow 3 damage, when I can get 2 lascannons or a squad of guard with a mortar for that price

Was Perturabo supposed to be the superior Guilliman but never got his chance? He's better at logistics, he's better at infrastructure and actually supporting a living area, and he loves building things to help others. At least until he took over his legion. Even then he still built and designed.

Guilliman is a schemer and whilst he may be somewhat loyal he is definitely shady. Perturabo was completely loyal until he snapped.

He was never meant to be a soldier.

>"You don't know the things I dream," said Perturabo. "No one does, no one ever cared enough to find out."

user on average a Las cannon does 1.5 damage.
On top of that you need to put the Las cannon on something.

Perturabo was supposed to be the builder, Guilliman was the one who keeps things running once they're finished.

Pert is superior to Guilliman that's why that chance never came, he did everything better and never got the credit he deserved. Mix that with the autism and Pert was a ticking time bomb.

This is why mortal wounds are absurd in some cases

But here's the thing, papa smurf actually built that stuff he dreamed about, all 500 worlds of it. He inspired people to look up to him and build something amazing. After he took a planet he rebuilt it like a statesman.

Perty just complained then went back to making seiges and fortresses. He might have been better at logistics for war, not for peace.

You also can't just hide the lascannons behind 4 other units.

Any suggestions on where to improve my army from here/bring it to 2k?
I've got 2 loyalist dreadnoughts, and 2 hellbrutes im thinking of converting to chaos hellbrutes, are they decent this edition? A friend is also giving me a set of their chaos terminators, but i've got no idea on the loadout. I was thinking of buying a Start collecting CSM kit for the terminator sorcerer, but ive also been thinking about just getting the terminator lorde's cadre and a box of CSM and a upgrade kit for said CSM.
Legion: Emperor's Children

+ Dedicated Transport +

Chaos Rhino: Combi-bolter, Havoc launcher, Mark of Slaanesh

Chaos Rhino: Combi-bolter, Havoc launcher, Mark of Slaanesh

+ HQ +

Chaos Lord: Bolt pistol, Mark of Slaanesh, Power sword, The Murder Sword

Daemon Prince with Wings: Hellforged sword
. Slaanesh: Diabolic Strength

+ Troops +

Chaos Cultists: Mark of Slaanesh
. 38x Chaos Cultist w/ Autogun
. Chaos Cultist w/ special weapon: Flamer
. Cultist Champion: Autogun

Noise Marines: Icon of Excess
. 2x Marine w/ Blastmaster: 2x Blastmaster
. 7x Marine w/ Sonic blaster: 7x Sonic Blaster
. Noise Champion: Chainsword, Plasma pistol

Noise Marines: Icon of Excess
. 2x Marine w/ Blastmaster: 2x Blastmaster
. 7x Marine w/ Sonic blaster: 7x Sonic Blaster
. Noise Champion: Chainsword, Plasma pistol

++ Total: [56 PL, 1063pts] ++

>T3 save 5+
>Have to be point blank range to do it's shit
>Implying he would live long enough to be useful
2/10 made me reply

I now realize I forgot to list that I had a chaos champion with shotgun and the noise champions had dirge casters.
Oh well.

>S32
That.. doesn't really mean much?

Guilliman was a statesman through and through, Pert was not he was a tactician and a builder. Odds are if Pert had an upbringing like Bobby G than he would have been better but his life was shit from start to daemonhood.

>not taking the astropath for the same damage output for half the cost and ignores cover

To be fair, that was built before Konor was killed and Guilliman took over. He only inherited the responsibility.

Perturabo took over Olympia in the name of his foster father and if Dammekos had died and Perturabo had been in charge it would have been a utopia on par with Macragge. No doubt it would have also expanded to other worlds.

You didn't see CA?

So is life for citizens of Ultramar better than the average imperial world?

Yes but it still a dystopian nightmare.

I just have serious doubts he would have made it a good place to live like Gulliman. What with the Decimation and all that other nasty stuff. Itd surely be a mechanical marvel I'll give you that.

Also, he's a primarch, one of the most powerful beings in the galaxy and he complains about how he never gets to build his dreams. I find that pretty dumb considering plenty of other primarchs found time to do it. Hell, Lorgar built a cathedral planet didnt he?

>Yes but it still a dystopian nightmare.
Proved?

>

Asked a few threads ago about using this as a starter list and got no real feedback other than people asking me to kill myself for not using primaris. How am I doing with this as a starter list?

Vanguard Detachment
HQ
Chaplain, Inferno Pistol, Jump Pack, Heroic Bearing Warlord Trait - 99pts

Elites
Death Company - x10, Jump Packs, x2 Thunder Hammers, x4 Power Swords & Bolt Pistols, x2 Inferno Pistols & Chainswords, x2 Bolt Pistol & Chainsword - 266pts

Death Company - x10, Jump Packs, x2 Thunder Hammers, x8 Boltgun & Chainsword - 232pts

Death Company Dreadnought - Pair of Furioso Fists, x1 Meltagun, x1 Heavy Flamer, Smoke Launchers - 174pts

Total: 771pts/51PL

>bs 5+

I imagine it might be akin to the USA during WW2 unless your planet gets directed invaded. It's an obviously militarised empire, but at least you aren't the Space Russians in the middle of Space Stalingrad like the poor bastards on the other side of the new warpstorm like the Vostroyans who are sending transports at random into the darkness, or had your planet destroyed like Cadian

Yes you're right, I'm sure ultramar is exempt from all imperial tithes and theirs guardsmen are sourced from other worlds. Also they obviously never gret attacked and are never met with any corrupting influence. Truly a utopia.

In Angel Exterminatus Fulgrim is part of a hallucination or something inside Perturabo's mind or something like that. In it Olympia was an absolute utopia where the architecture was perfect, the people were happy, and Perturabo was a beloved ruler who did his own thing all day in a robe and the finest sandals.

The decimation was necessary. I kind of look at Perturabo like Angron too, in a way. Perturabo did not want to be a war leader and did not want a legion. He wanted to make his "father" happy because he had been such an outcast and had such a longing for his creator. He did what was asked and put his legion through hell because it was what he was told to do. The IW were decimated because they weren't good enough. The decimation was an excellent motivator and whipped the IW into shape again.

He built stuff, but never what he truly wanted. When he did they always turned to shit with things outside of control. The pavilion for Nikea? It was supposed to be for theatre but instead it was basically against his only actual friend Magnus. His amphitheatre for Fulgrim in AE? Fulgrim got shot in the head.

Perturabo was almost literally always busy because he micro-managed stuff too. Going from one siege to another probably didn't help.

To be fair

They are ultramarines

So I recently bought the small Dark Imperium boxset, and I think I'm going to paint my chadmarines as some Crimson Fist marines.
Thoughts?

>Worlds of the Ultramarines
>Not better than everywhere else

>Also they obviously never gret attacked and are never met with any corrupting influence.
With the boys in blue around is there ever any real danger?

absolute top bro-tier chapter

>Never get attacked
There was the Tyranids and Nurgle

Go for it Crimson Fists are forever the best blue marines.

new to warhammer, how would i start a black templar army? they dont sell any boxes that i can find. do i just buy ultramarines and paint them black? what about the cloaks on them and what not? also what codex would i use?

>I'm sure ultramar is exempt from all imperial tithes and theirs guardsmen are sourced from other worlds
They basically are
I mean have you heard of a Guard Regiment from the Ultramar segmentum

Black Templars use the regular kits with scouts for Crusaders as well as a web only upgrade kit, a nice one at that

Nice job

Someone that uses human lives as ammunition doesnt really care about making their lives better, Perturarbo just had a lack of purpose, too cynical to actually care about anything and change his ways of warfare and do something constructive. He relished in destruction, he just wanted validation.

30pts to 46 and Smite is half as strong?

Perts mind and ideas isnt an objective look at what it would be like. Its more likely his idea for what he wants to build and not the reality that would happen.

Other than the decimation being a massive waste of resources and there probbably being a better way of getting the same results, i personally view it as how he views most everything in mechanical terms. Machine not working, better replace the parts that don't work and throw out the old ones.

He's like this awful self fufilling prophecy come to life.

>I want to build my own stuff but got told to work on this seige. Ill do it even though i don't want to
>hes good at the seige, give him another
>repeat

He needed to just delegate and relax more, then he'd be fine.

8th edition, everybody!

This plus normal marine kits.
games-workshop.com/en-US/Black-Templars-Chapter-Upgrade

The death guard lead by Mortarion destroyed like two worlds and corrupted another, nothing an exterminates cannot cleanse

Is giving a Company Champion The Shield Eternal for a 4 wounds 3+/3++ half damage (rounded up) 54 pt character legit?

You just buy regular kits and paint them black, if you want cloaks use the dark angels stuff or green stuff, and use regular marine codex.

>Someone that uses human lives as ammunition doesnt really care about making their lives better

That is war. That is what his legion was used for. His casualties were carefully calculated to win the battles and the wars.

Perturabo probably wishes he were a robot.

Almost all boxes with Ultramarines on them are actually for any type of space marine but they are the poster boys so they get the cover art, you can find a box called "black templar chapter upgrade" and it contains a wide variety of bits to make your generic marines into black templars (just use them sparingly so you get more bang for your buck i.e. robes for sergeants only ect). They fall under the standard space marine codex

BT rules are in Codex Space Marines.

I do miss some of the granularity 7th had.
Smacking something with obscene Str should do more, 8th favours volume too much

Mordian Glory's been trying them and released a couple battle reports for a black tide list.

never realised Black Templars were such BDSM fanatics
Seriously all those chains

They do sell Sword Brethern along with a couple of special characters. The black templars upgrade is also obviously great.

Crusaders mate, cant afford to lose your sword in a brawl also used for abusing psykers

It's best to put the Shield Eternal on someone with as many wounds as possible. Bike Captains are good for this.

You can still mount a champion on a bike right? do that

How would Death Korp of Krieg beat Primaris infantry and Dreadnoughts w/ Guilliman. I'm thinking Lascannon spam and numbers will beat his low model count

Looking for some suggestions for starting AdMech. from what i understand 5 man squads of skitarii are best for troops, is this correct?

What's the best way to field Space Wolves? Dreads?

yeah, larger squads usually only should be taken if morale is of no issue to you
by fucking dogs

>suggestions for starting Admech
Don’t

All sons of Rogal "hit me daddy" Dorn are masochists, they meditate by inflicting pain to themselves.

None more than these guys though.

but i want all the cool beep boops user.

didn't they pick that shit up from kharn?

>tfw Perturabo would have been my favorite primarch if it wasnt for the edgy fucking decimation bullshit
Way to ruin a character in one paragraph, GW. Even Kylo Ren, edgelord extraordinaire, isn't that fucking edgy.

Thanks for reminding me a Captain is the only SM codex character that can ride a bike now. Fucking hell.

Yeah, siggy took it up during his time with the world eaters and continued it after their fall as a strange sort of homage to the good side they could have followed.

hey Veeky Forums, check out my Arika Korps Blood Axe Ork Kommando

pls r8
no h8
no b8

So the Templars really are Imperial Khornates

How competitive do you think a pure Custards army will be?

2+/4++/6+++ 3W T5 army if battle forged.

I play Dark Eldar and I'm kinda scratching my head as to how I'm going to deal with them.

Not worried about the T5, Disintegrator Ravagers will be very naughty in a game against them.

Nice work user. Great facepaint, love the skull pommel and the moss on the shoulderpad. Just need to give those pants a little more of a highlight and clean up the face. You got some white on his cheem there from when you painted the skull.

im looking to expand my DG army with some normal chaos marine allies. would one, world eaters ever keep their pre-heresy schemes if they aren't really in with the big players of the legion anymore. TWO, would a world eater's warband work with a Word Bearer's one and would that look too draby to field side by side?

Use the Index
I don't see how it's not in the codex is an argument

There's only one unit that gets the 6+++ against normal wounds, everyone else just gets it against mortal wounds during the psychic phase.

Also they're super slow outside of jetbikes so you can just play objectives.

thnx user. will do

>world eaters ever keep their pre-heresy scheme

Yes, I believe there is a warband that still uses blue & white scheme.

it's been 10,000 years and a lot of legions don't give a shit
Also keep in mind most legions have access to Bezerkers, Plauge Marines and all that in some warband or another
One of the better non soup armies

And of course focus down the jetbikes first.

There is still the big thing, FW models, to look out for before things can truly be called.

i would make one dedicated heavy hitting squad of death company, so like 4 thunder hammers and a power fist, then put the other 15 in one squad(id reccomend all with chainswords but i get if you dont like that idea, any pistols you want though) also look into buying a lemartes hes really badass and helps you get your death company in through the charges, also remember you have to have half you units on the ground, so deploy the 15 man squad on the ground and use the startagem to put some early pressure on the enemy and give you space to deploy the hardhitters and the chaplain

now if you dont want lemartes, consider a sanguinor, you can use stratagems to make up for the lack of reroll to charge and the base chaplain gives reroll fail to hits but the sanguinor will give you +1 to attacks putting your 15 deathcompany at 5 attacks per model on a turn that they charged, so that 75 attacks rerolling misses with +1 to wound because red thirst

i hope you have fun death company can be really cool and badass, im still conflicted btween them and the pic related sanguinary guard

I really don't like the look of these contemptor dread variants, they look less like a Marine in a sarcophagus and more like a generic giant robot.