You failed. Thread

I was looking for pics depicting times when the player(s) got BTFO by their enemies or fail their ability checks and I was disappointed with how little I managed to find. Share stories and art of these underappreciated times, comical or not, noble and glorious sacrifices are also welcome

liveleak.com

I drew the time when my friend's halfling rogue got dilacerated by a young green dragon and his guts splattered on my other friend's elf wizard

Wow, I wouldn't want to get dilapidated either.

We managed to find the biggest chunks and used a treasure chest as a coffin

Why not? Give us the run-down.

That's macabre and hilarious, I love it.

Thanks. The poor guy had just woken up after been unconcious for most of the fight, the elf wizard spent a good chunk of his turns trying to getting him to safety with Rope Trick but he was too weak to climb te rope while holding the halfling. The DM even let him he give an extra first and final blow on the dragon before being torn apart. Pic related is him and the human fighter

Who is that extra arm from?

>be me
>2 of 5 group members are sick, so just me, wizard, and DM
>do some side quests so we can do main plot with others
>go to ruined farm, find brass robot from inspection
>wizard tries to control it
>despite rolling 19, still fails
>it gets pissed, and attempt to attack
>throw sword into gears to slow it down
>sword breaks
>nearly got drilled to death
>somehow survived
>mfw

What happened to the robot?

True. Defenestration is the worst way to die.

I disagree, my best friend got deracinated just last week and he's totally fine.

What's happening here?

You've never been depilated if you think you can survive that.

Isn't getting disseminated supposed to feel, like, really fucking good? I wouldn't know.

I had a friend who got discombobulated and it almost killed him, so I don't think so.

Wait, he demonstrated without protection? Fuck...

Better than trying to fight a demarcation without holy weapons.

It isn't dipolarization if you have unholy weapons though.

No, then you have a demonetization on your hands.

Oh shit-- how can he ever recover from such a delineation?!?

You're gonna need the help of a disambiguation.

more pics plz

No really, what is happening in this thread?

Disputation.

So much for "caster superiority."

Veeky Forums is being cute, and I love it.

Bards should always be dissimulating, it prevents caster supremacy.

not with the rampant deinstitutionalization nowadays

The knight being licked by the dragon, missing his left arm

I was thinking I had written something stupid with the word "dilacerated"

>stupid = opportunity for fun on Veeky Forums

Hmmm...no, still doesn't make sense.

The knight looks like his (right) arm is pinned beneath the dragon's claw. And if he had a sword in his right hand and a mace in his left hand it wouldn't make a lick of sense.

Maybe it was a piece of an adventurer that wasn't quite in the Gelationous Cube.

I have one for you. Eclipse Phase, running the "Think Before Asking" adventure. Few spoilers, but

I'm setting up charges to open an airlock not-so-nicely. My character is specced for this kind of black-ops work, has the relevant airlock schematics uploaded as a bonus, and should. Not. Have. Failed. (85% chance or so) So what do I roll?

I spend a moxie to flip the dice; I still fail, but not so borderline badly. The airlock, rather popping straight off, keeps one side attached like a bad hinge, flapping like a screen door in a storm's winds; and one of the people we're trying to pull out of there is sucked into the empty space around Jupiter.

My character is also sucked into the void. Guess which one got rescued. (Hint: Not the one who they knew had backups in the Inner System.)

Needless to say, that was my last session with that group, out of lack of time and sheer shame.

At least the FailBlogs of that era have a hilarious snip to boost their ratings.