Jumpchain CYOA Thread #2040: Fortune Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/15019741/r
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Hey, Val, a quick question, but would the stat sheet-like effect other Masters have only register in-jump Stats of a Servant, or would they sense it as whatever it would effectively be?
As an example, let's say you've got a Kryptonian as a Servant with a purchased Strength of E-rank. Would they register as being EX-rank Strength to other Masters?

strawpoll.me/15019741/r

So we need a proper lewd jump made for precedent so that we can get this ball rolling.

...So, BLADE?

It's up to you what your stats show. You can have it either show your Servant stat sheet or your real stats. If you are Kryptonian and choose to show your real stats, you'd come up as an EX (Though you'd be above EX in reality)

Lewd jumps are banned.

RestaurantAnon and I would both like to welcome you to the Western Restaurant Nekoya. Please, have a seat wherever you would like. Someone will be with you in a moment to take your order.

Personally, while I think it'd be fine to have them, they DEFINITELY need to have their own seperate folder away from the others, so as to allow people who don't want them to avoid them if they so wish

This is a good idea, so if you have absolutely no interest it's not constantly in your face when trying to find jumps.

Except it ignores that no one really cares about that and all the protests are about what it will do to discussions in thread, wherein your solution does nothing.

I can imagine Lancer calling bullshit after encountering EX-rank SuperJumper Caster... But less so than if "E-rank" Caster demonstrated Superman level strength.

Only good posts are allowed in this thread.

You are on fire with the Super Sentai jumps!

Quick question about Gokaiger. Will it have a separate jump?

/thread

Define "good" in an objective manner that doesn't boil down to "thing I don't like and disagree with only due to preference"

The problem is that there IS no real solution for that. That's a pointless discussion.

Fixed a few oversights. Here is the completed Heisei Super Sentai Part 1 jump for review.

That's a long ways off. And like I said anyone else is free to make Sentai Jumps. If I get to Gokaiger and I am the one making them it will be a jump by itself.

Good like to feeling you get when you bite down on that first bite of dinner after a long day. Good like the way her hair smells after she steps out of the shower. Good as in making someone else smile by paying for their coffee, even if you won't be there to see it. Good as in the way your toe starts tapping to an infectious beat.

That kind of good.

Voted yes, but, I don't even need them in the drive. I just want to be able to jump them without having to go "oh, whoops, can't talk about that one on /jc/"

and I mean, lewd shit is the only reason I'm jumping. Everything I do is in pursuit of getting laid.

No solutions save not having lewd jumps. So in reality your statement is actually there is no real solution that you want for that.

So why are we having this discussion again? Both Ricrod and that user who made the bet said they would upload it at QQ, so I don't see the point of this.

Yes, because it's not really a problem.

Some of us don't want to lose good jump makers.

It's not a question of do we NEED, but do we WANT. Majority decides in a community.

...but that doesn't mean they leave user, just that they'll post one Jump / Jump Series elsewhere.

When a large portion of the community is asleep or otherwise available, it cannot be said that a majority wants anything.

>Note 1b
This wasn't RestaurantAnon's original ruling, which was that restaurant tech-level be dependent on starting location, not only the Local background. Is this an intentional overrule?

I fail to see how there is any significant difference.

So, user here looking to make an Jump. What would you guys say are the ideal features, content, and fundementals that all jumpmakers should understand or be aware of?

It's not an instantaneous change, they'll get their say too, but from what we've seen so far there is a very substantial group that desires lewd jumps and to simply not let them have a voice is dismissive.

>Majority decides in a community.
That has never been true.

Don't.

We also voted that Softanon should be the jumpmaker that should leave followed by Val and DDanon, and also voted for multiple JoJo jumps.

If you choose to be a Chef or Waitress from The Other World and purchase a restaurant, by your ruling, you'd have a restaurant running on modern day tech.
With the original ruling, you'd have a restaurant running on wood and magic.

Is it just me or is there an odd stigma about namefags in jumpchain? I mean I get that it’s Veeky Forums but ultimately it always seems that people either hate everyone’s guts out worship the ground they walk on when it comes to stuff like that.

>voted Val should leave

There's also a substantial group that does not desire lewd jumps, or is happy enough having lewd jumps to be separate. These are, in fact, two different additional factions, and to ignore them is just as dismissive.

Not really. They're mostly well liked, it's just that you have a few shitposters, especially at this time of day.

Or just a few people that vote multiple times and whine about it loudly in thread?

I'm not saying that those who don't want them should just be ignored. It would be best if we waited until tomorrow and let the vote finish so that we have a more accurate consensus.

I als have a question about servants. In the Fate Grand Order jump, will my servants, if they decide to sleep, see my past in their dreams?

Tone is absolutely vital to making a Jump Document feel alive. To keep it from becoming a simple grocery list of powers and items to pick from.

The basic format is not necessarily the best one for any particular Jump. It is, however, the best place to start and the most readily accepted.

Those are the two main points I can think of as most important.

Honestly, the restaurant matching the tech-level of the location you choose was something I had assumed as common sense, but a specific note was requested to be put in concerning Locals buying the restaurant. So I did that.

I'll adjust the note further.

Freedom of expression only runs one way, outward. For you to demand I listen to that which I do not agree makes you some sort of nazi and a misanthrope of the highest degree.

>6.Made from a Cat -evil ninja
I think you messed something up here.

>Mecha
The Sirender's description comes before the general description for how mech purchases work, instead of together with the others.

>Jumper's Army+Upgrades
Dude.

That's rad.

Mm, they potentially can (And you can see theirs), yes, but it generally seems to be rarer for it to happen than in a normal grail war.

I can't count that amount of times I've seen the mods pop in and say to stop being a fag. It's not even debatable that there are those here who use a name or avatar too much.

>It will also seem to disappear to anyone who enters and then exits the dining area inside

Not sure I understand this. It disappears to you once you leave, until the next seventh day? Does it disappear if we exit by a different door? Can we only access the dining area inside?

>Evil Ninja
I missed my note

>Sidrender
Sirender is a full mecha on it's own, not a combining one. That's just a wired one, I'll figure out something.

>Upgrades
Thanks, I was wondering what people would think.

>can't count
Because they never have said that?

No no they have.

R u 4 real? Almost literally word for word "Keep it on topic and not about the posters."

There is only ever the single entrance to Nekoya via the magic doorway. Once someone from The Other World uses one of the many scattered doorways to access the restaurant and then leaves, it disappears until the next Saturday.

Yes, you can only access the dining area. It's not a free pass to travel worlds. Simply a place to get delicious meals and have a friendly chat.

How is that anything like them saying too namefags to stop doing such? That's telling people to stop making up drama about posters.

Fixed

As Yoro says ( ) but I'd also suggest making sure that there is at least enough setting information included so that people who aren't familiar with the source can make vaguely informed decisions... Even better if there's enough to get people to want to watch/read the source themselves.

>tech-level
Would the post-jump Restaurant maintain any updates you make to it as you continue jumping?
Also, the grocery delivery - I'm assuming that ingredients purchased can include those from other worlds, provided they're common enough to be available to purchase virtually anywhere?

You mean the mod post in response to LITERALLY MULTIPLE THREADS OF NAMEFAG-TARGETING SHITPOSTING?

Does anyone have the Royalist version for Black Crusade? Forgot to snag it a while back.

But that doesn't let me imply namefags and jumpmakers are the worst people to ever grace /jc/.

Stop using context and common sense.

[/sarcasm]

If we had no namefags there would be no shitposting.

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Literally one in the same. Namefags instigate it. Your name should only be used to identify who you are in relation to your jumps and interactions therein.

Yes. If you buy the restaurant you could install replicators and fusion warp drives in there if you wish.
And yes, so long as the ingredients are readily available and you can pay for them, they'll be delivered as promised. Think of it like a grocery store that delivers.

Oh, it's you. nah.

>the mod
Mod posts*

Not an argument. You are instigating shitposts by making yourself a target. This is not debatable. That's just how Veeky Forums works.

>Namefags instigate it.

>He desperately casts blame on his targets, knowing that if he ever admits he fucks up on a daily basis he'll be damned forever.

Hey Red, does the Killgrave power in MCU come with the ability to toggle it? Having everyone obey our every command could create some problems.

>"I couldn't help myself, Officer Mod!"
>"The way they wore that name it was like a miniskirt hiked up too high."
>"THEY WERE ASKING FOR IT OFFICER IT WASN'T MY FAULT!"

Updated Note Text
>Note 1b: Isekai Shokudou will match the technology level of whichever world you decide to inhabit initially. If you choose Earth, your appliances will run off electricity and natural gas. If you choose The Other World, your appliances will be wood-fired or else run off magic. The precise details are yours to decide.

>I don't know how Veeky Forums works
>Namefags should be allowed to pollute the thread with their not jump content
Nah.
Correct. This is not your special club. Have a nice day.

Wasn't there a chick tracts jump?

I can't tell if you just can't fucking read or if you can't handle subtext.

I'm not sure which is worse.

>...
You have to go back.

Nah.

He's a shitposter, he already owned up to that, shitposters shitpost.

Yes.
Nothing I have said is false. Like it or not, the Mods side with me

Yes. It even has a Cthulu Tract drawback.

Did he own up to it though.

I feel like the only thing this kid's admitting to is operating entirely on instinct with barely any actual thought or intellect.
That or he's addicted to shitposting from his cubby hole, whichever.

>Oh, it's you
Who exactly do you think that is, just out of curiosity?

That Guy.

You know the one. Sanctimonious, self-righteous, believes he's God's gift to mankind.

You know, like the Scout from TF2.

Human w/Castle Oblivion or Nobody w/The Namine Treatment? Drop-In either way.

Isn't it (You)?

Ah.

No, but I was thinking user might be thinking it was me.

Neither. Kingdom Hearts is a god-awful IP and a god-awful jump.

Yeah, you sure showed him, user!

mods don't side with you
there is no for or against
since you have no stance

Twenty bucks is twenty bucks.

it really does seem like mixing Peanut Butter with Motor Oil. The sum being lesser than its constituent parts, diminished by the haphazard mingling of totally unrelated ingredients.

DO YOU FUCK YOUNG BOYS, ANONYMOUS?!

I'm gonna need a citation on that. The plot's kudzu, sure, but I don't see what that's got to do with the jump.

Jumps are wasted on the night crew.

As a matter of fact, I do not. Your point?

>Who would win
>The unmatched genetically engineered supersoldier that is the son of a god and who is destined to travel the universe with this planet as his vessel
>Some kid with a key
I agree.

The night crew is usually okay, you shush.

I'm just talking about the crack pairing of disney shit with final fantasy. Combining the both diminishes everyone and everything involved.

Citation: My opinion, and the absolute lack of prior commonality between the properties.