High Intensity Vegetable Farming

Can you actually make dosh growing and selling labor intensive greens and veggies, or is it just a meme?
See a ton of farmers online claiming they make $300k a year doing this on like one acre of land, but they all seem to be selling workshops and books.
youtu.be/u5IE6lYKXRw

Other urls found in this thread:

landwatch.com/Cherokee-County-Alabama-Land-for-sale/pid/25070414
youtube.com/watch?v=lS0WAJP5fTM
youtube.com/watch?v=7hlKOZ6TaO0
youtube.com/watch?v=kb_t-sVVzF0
youtube.com/watch?v=JmDhq3zZcd4
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLeGHRYFVwS1zHwYqGvlEAjvq89iMs2vmz
youtu.be/NtEFTtwiwFA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

with the right crops you can make a lot
aqua or aeroponics meaning maximising on every factor can have huge returns
think of a 1 acre fishfarm that produces letuce on 50% of the space tomatoes in aeroponic setups

its pretty much vertical scaling

yes you can it's very easy to sell to restaurants
you can sell veggies at a lower price than what the restaurants pay for and still make huge profit

this sounds pretty cool actually

those guys are running a farm like a fucking intensive science. it's not easy to get to that level. it's possible yes. but you need your varietals + feed + pest management + harvest schedules on point which is really hard to do without a few years experience.

look up silvopasture and ally cropping. would we become a multi-billionair by 2050 and your family will be wealthy forever if you get into this type of farming. Join me biz.

this shyt is harder than you realize im an organic farmer in southern wisconsin. i got into crypto early and i can tell you the real greatest wealth transfer will be to farmers other the next 100 years. Silvopasture and ally cropping are two farming practices that are highly efficient and productive. No one is invested in this shit yet and you will get richer than you could possibly imagine if you pursue this. Dont miss the this shit anons. I will personally educate the fuck out of anyone who wants to learn how to farm right here right now. I owe biz, you guys have made me rich.

But what about robots?

future generations will be looking back and wondering why you destroyed the planet, not why you didnt become cryptomillionairs.

Robot tracots will ruin the earth. I love my nieghbors but they have these massive GSP tractors and they are already at the point where the dont need humans. Basically now humans will be taken out of the agricultural science when they are needed most. Expect the land to be neglected and degraded to the point where we will have to farm bedrock in the future.

also in southern Wisconsin, Im interested. How do I get started?

look up youtube videos on mark shepard. his idea will enrich your life beyond your wildest dream besides maybe crypto lol. I am producing chestnuts, hazelnuts, ham, bacon, pork chops, elderberries, raspberries, cherries, maple syrup, honey, apples, plums, vegetables, watermelons, corn, peppers, tomatoes, fried chicken, eggs, etc.

You will be able to eat shit you could only dream of if you get into this shit. Im only 25 but im farming on 35 acres and its going pretty well. I expect to be rich as fuck with in 30 years because I have products not many other people have. Organic chestnut fed ham sells for 300x more and regular ham and im not kidding. You can get massive premiums if you sell to rich people who want the tastiest shit in the world.

This was always my dream. I've made 200k from crypto this year. In another month I'll cash out and begin my agricultural journey.

What would you grow at 3200 feet in central France?

dope guys. dope. I saw some old guy turn 30 acres of shit land in texas into a wet oasis. Just by strategic planting of grass to create an aquafer

>I owe biz, you guys have made me rich.
>I expect to be rich as fuck with in 30 years

sounds genuine, ye def have no intentions to shill ppl into some farming shit

teach me more. Literally starting a farm with crypto gains this year.

Nice, just bought 100 acres

I'm dipping my toe in growing some heirloom southern veggies here, starting in February. Kept gardens my whole life, but this is my first small scale, part-time venture.

Just looking at prices, I just can't figure out how the small-scale full-timers stay afloat on such little land, especially starting out when you can't label things as "organic" or other USDA bullshit terminology.

Farming is scalable and a national emergency. Our food is poisoned and in many cases just IS POISON

This is literally my dream. Sadly, I think I'm too late to jump on the crypto-gains wagon.

I'm not trying for financial profit, though I could probably sell at the local farmers market.

I'm more interested in being able to survive if/when shit really hits the fan.

If you want to make easy money at a farmers market just buy from restaurant suppliers and repackage the food. You can easily 5x your money every time you do this.

That's motivating me too.
Just two of us in my house though.
Milking my software engineer job until I have enough cash to Varg the fuck out of tech-society, and then subsist off crops and cropcash until I die.

cantalope, grapes, chestnuts are a good bet. not exactly sure about that climate but i know chestnuts grow well there.

Varg the fuck out... I'm halfway going for that, but I also want to get solar panels, an assortment of miners & hardware, a well, & sat dish for internets for the full suite.

yea you can manage water with keyline design as well!

Idk what your talking about shilling because im not selling shit. Im farming myself and know what the best farming practices are because ive studied this for years.

Its a lot of info so youd be better of go watch one of mark shepards youtube videos. basically the future of farming is going to be farms with trees crops, animals, and forage. Instead of having nothing but corn you will have valuable trees in rows and corn in between.

Its not very developed yet but its like getting into crypto in 2009 right now. im already profitable but i see my farming being very profitable. i sell some really good food.

>regurgitates concepts from the video
t. mr. knowitall

baguettes

ahh thats easy bro, you will love turnips and cabbage. Till some land, toss some seed, come back in 60 days and you have hundreds of pounts of food. Always buy small seeds in bulk! small seeds would be turnips, cabbage, carrots, onions, lettuce. for 2 bucks you get 200 seeds in a little pack but if u buy in bulk (by the OZ) you can get 20,000 seeds for 4 bucks.

Dude the market cap of the US stock market is some 10 trillion IIRC. Crypto is only at ~700 bln. We have a long road ahead of us, at the least pick some projects that have real world value and sit on them for a few years

Thanks man, where can I buy small seeds in bulk?

I live in a cold climate so I'm looking at:

chickens; carrots, celery, onions, potatoes, tomatoes, peas. Is lettuce & turnips worth it?

this sounds really damn interesting. I've tried my hand at farming myself in volunteer capacity, and I have 3/4 of an acre I could experiment on (much more if my magic internet meme money makes me rich)

Turnips are a godsend. You can eat the whole damn plant. Idk if you've ever had southern style turnip greens, but it's something you could eat every day for the rest of your life.
That's not even counting the bulbs, which are likewise full of nutrients. There's a reason it's a famine food.

>southern style turnip greens
never even heard of this. will have to try it.

rareseeds.com you can buy by the OZ.

Yea its legit, even the old farmers around here think my shit is legit. They ask me about their land and how it is doing lol. Ive helped some farmers get grassed waterways so their soil doesnt erode in the vallies. Between agroforesty and keyline design you should be able to find enough info to make you a very productive member of society lol. Im not saying im productive im just saying this is the road to success over the next 50 years in the agricultural world.

oo yea ive had all that stuff its great! Collards greens are frickn epic. I completly forgot about one of my favorite plants, the potato. stick a half a potato in the ground, come back in 3 weeks and dig up 100 potatoes lmfao its like crypto style returns.

here is a big ass turnip i grew this year lol.

Pro-tip, if you do try it. brown half an small onion with a clove of garlic and some bacon in the bottom of the pot before you add the greens. Use mostly chicken stock to boil it in, the greens provide most of the moisture.

Damn cheap and tasty, know this isn't Veeky Forums, but it's worth knowing.

Jesus, were you trying for the county fair? That's impressive.

haha thanks user. I was trying to get the biggest turnip I could before it got worhtless and bitter. My dog was carrying it around and munching on it for a few hours haha.

I understand the concept but how can you make money with silvopasture and alley cropping? I'm European living in Australia atm. If you shill it right, I will start that business.

Forgot to mention you

Kek under rated

awesome, do you remember the variety? really excellent color

You can make 10 times the profits on the same amount of land. Lay out your entire farm under keyline design. plants rows of chestnuts, hazelnuts, and apples on the backside of your keyline swales so they get enough water to grow well. Then graze animals in between your rows of tree or plants your row crops. So you will have your trees spaced 60 feet or so apart with your crops in between. Your crops or animals will cash flow in the early years while your trees are developing. Once your tree are 10 years old you will get massive crops for the rest of your life. After your trees are big you can do rotational grazing around your farm in plots with an electric fence. Your animals will have access to apples, plums, hazelnuts, chestnuts, grass, leftover vegtables thats arent good enough to sell etc. Another profitable combo is putting asparagus in between your rows of trees.

Its a hard start but 20 years from now your family will be set forever while everyone else is completely fucked and injecting themselves with mcpaste. You will be able to offer people things of value and go the world a lot of good. I hope you guys do this shit, theres not many people willing to man up and get done what needs to be done.

it was just a standard purple top turnip. if you plant enough seeds you are bound to get some that taste very good or are huge or whatever haha. I had a green bean this year like a foot long it was fucking nuts. I double took it while i was out picking like HOLY FUCK WHAT THE! lolololol.

Can you link me some Mark Shepard videos?
Found some stuff by people external to his farm (Diego Footer, etc.) that give an overview of his methods, but don't really deep dive.
Any that you found super helpful?

Also, any book recommendations?

i wish i could i do this, but buying acreage in australia that has a reliable source of water, good soil and isn't in the middle of no where costs a fortune. a few acres can easily be upwards of 1.5 million

Your living my dream user, fellow wisconsinite here.

How did you get your acreage? I've been looking in the north central part of the state just because it is so much cheaper I think the shorter season could be over come.

Make a thread or a blog or something.

Jesus, move to the US.
You could throw a potato anywhere in Alabama and it would grow.
$3,300 an acre, and with a river running through it. Get a passport and a work visa.
landwatch.com/Cherokee-County-Alabama-Land-for-sale/pid/25070414

But how can you grow between your rows and let cows, chickens or other animals graze as well. They will destroy your crops or you mean you separate in half your land, half silvopasture half alley crop? Asking stupid questions to fully understand.

This dude is growing mangoes in the Morvan thanks to perma culture : youtube.com/watch?v=lS0WAJP5fTM

This shit is huge man. This is literally like cypto back in the day. No one gave a shit and it wasnt worth shit. But one day it went to fucking pluto lol.
youtube.com/watch?v=7hlKOZ6TaO0
youtube.com/watch?v=kb_t-sVVzF0

Look up PA yeomans on youtube. He was an Australian water management genius. Hundreds of years ahead of his time.

How can I invest in silvopasture and ally cropping if I live in an urban environment? Is moving to the countryside and working on a farm the only way to do this or is there another opportunity here?

My parents bought a farm and ive helped out a little with dogecoin gainz hilariously enough. We got some expensive land in rock county but at least its close to big markets. Its hard to afford land because the big corn farmers get subsidies and the little guys dont. So the corn farmers buy the land for like 6k an acre its fucking insane. About an hour north west you can get land for half the price tho. If I didn't have my parents farm, my brother and I would have bough land over that way more. Yea the shorter season is fine but it will be a little harder to get chestnuts to grow. Thanks man I should ive been thinking about it for a while now. Show people how to start from square on because thats about where im at lol.

NZ man i'm australian but im looking at buy land in NZ

gentle reminder farming is hard as fuck and you never get days off.

This thread is such breath of fresh air.

Amen.

My wife's father is a farmer and I've made enough money in crypto to live off of for years. I might actually try this.

Yea exactly separate it out. Ally cropping is good for the first 10 or 15 years then after that you transition into more silvopasture.

Probably the best way is the food you buy. Know the farmer you are getting your grass/ tree crop fed beef/ milk from.

Im not sure exactly what the financial opportunities are for investing but this is super early still. Right now people just want cheap corn but once they start burying there kids and the age of 35 from HFCS induced diabetes and everyone starts dying of cancer/ the population goes up to 12 billion and all the land is eroding.. then only then will silvopasture farmers inherent enormous amounts on shekels lol. but idk man maybe investing in organic product processing facilities, I hear that is where the money is at right now.

I think this should be a regular thread. Farming General or some shit.
I've learned a lot from these comments.

Not true, ive been fucking around on biz and investing in shitcoins since november lmfao. But yea its hard work and ive just started.

If you didnt have family in the area and could choose anywhere in the U.S to start over, where would you choose?

I've been invested in a vertical farming company since November that is doing very well for me. It's Future Farm Technologies (traded on Canadian market). They're involved in selling led grow lights, vertical farming, hemp, and marijuana, both Canadian and US facilities. 3.5x on my initial investment so far.

I'm honestly down could we do indoor gardening / greenhouse techniques as well?
fair enough. I've just seen some shit in the central valley CA. You work every day except for sunday and it's 110 degrees in season. Organic / small farms are different I guess. I was doing like 3k+ acres.

I'm just gonna leave this here.

Dude is nuts, can be a bit of a shill when talking about nutrients and suppliments, but is overall really legit 'industrialized organic home gardening' guy that got me started in alot of this

youtube.com/watch?v=JmDhq3zZcd4

I'd be down, I've been starting tomatos and peppers in a climate controlled cabinet to move out to a greenhouse when it starts getting to ~20f at night and absolutely blowing all the garden grandmas away.

The autism of OUR PEOPLE can really put a lifetime of boomer fuddlore to shame in no time.

this guy is legit.

adding KNF hype shit via Chris Trump (anyone else KNF here?)
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLeGHRYFVwS1zHwYqGvlEAjvq89iMs2vmz

Probably Ohio or Illinois. Somewhere similar but slightly less cold. Maybe even Missouri then you could grow pecans and chestnuts like nobody business haha.

Nice that sounds good man. Urban farming is pretty cool for high value medicinal and high value salad greens.

Thanks for sharing ideas man

I live on 40 acres and have land to spare, I keep a small garden for fun but is there anything I can do for some passive income with some unused land?

Hell yes, I'm actually looking at building one right now to get an early start on my annuals.

Can't decide if I want to build something permanent with a higher up front cost, or just go with a PVC hoophouse.
The latter can be built for about well under $500 depending on size, but the pvc dry rots eventually, and it's not as sturdy (not that we get very much snow in AL).

Yeah I agree.

I'm living in Hong Kong it's a fucking concrete jungle. I'm strongly considering moving to New Zealand and getting some land.

I know fuck all about farming though, I know the big players are in dairy in NZ.

But I don't want to work with animals fruits and veg are what to grow.

Not that im a vego or anything i fucking love a good old cheese burger but I am just not intrested in working with animals.

I'll take lessons from varg and start a nice permaculture

Yea i know about this guy he is cool. He gets all emotional over his organic produce lolol.

ii ne

or nuts.

I do this with automated hydroponics and vertical setups on a small plot of land.
The hardest part is to find venues to sell but once you find the right buyers its smoothsailing from there.

plant your fruit and nut trees now

Itt: can you actually make money farming

Holy shit biz stick to the concrete jungle for fucks sake.

Do you grow all sorts of greens? Or just a few works out for your area

I second this. Passive income threads are awesome too.
/out/ has a general farming thread going on now and then, you might wanna check there too.

Probably pumpkins or winter squash would be easy, maybe watermelons. Shit you dont have to be out there picking all the time like you would need to be for cucumbers or grean beans. Fruit trees like plums or apples/ or hazelnuts and chestnuts all give a decent cash flow.

If your in it for the long run and beauty then get some big ass walnuts going and your kids will have some golden ass sawlogs to sell to the chinese.

Varg's permaculture garden is pretty legit desu.
youtu.be/NtEFTtwiwFA

Their chicken pen is a pretty big waste of space imo, idk if it's a zoning thing, but seems like it would be better to let them free range, or at least build a chicken tractor.

Mostly herbs - basil, rosemary, sesame, lemon grass. Im a gook and we dont got a lot of land, plus herbs are really quite expensive here. Its easier to sell em to restaurants at small amounts as high class luxury greens

Well of course you can make money farming, it's probably the surest way to do it. The point of discussion is this compact, ultra-intensive way of doing it. Just seems wrong to be making that much cash on an acre of land.

Just check out some bill mollison youtube videos. He will get you on the right track to realizing what you can actually accomplish. Farmers dont get paid shit right now but I expect food prices will go up a bit and more people will be looking for higher quality stuff.

Yea that guy is fucking nuts for how much he can produce in his little beds. But id rather just throw some seed out in the field and come back to harvest. The elliot colemon style of farming and this highly labor intensive stuff will never be profitable enough from what i can tell. It needs to be tractor scale with minimal inputs.

I'm actually applying for apprenticeships to learn about farming and I eventually want to get into urban agriculture. Is there any way I can reach you?

Nice. I've been wanting to get into automation as well, just can't find the land.

Cheers user. Bookmarked on youtube.
I heard avocados were like 4-5$ usd for some time in NZ and there was all this theft of them.
I've got some good books on permaculture and farming and self sufficiency.
Have no practical knowledge though, might go find someone who know's there shit in NZ and work for them and try and learn as much as possible.

No you imbecile.

If that was possible everyone would be rich.

[email protected]

it is possible. You just dont see the team of 4-5 people working and how labor intensive it is. He is also selling his crops for a high price to the right people which isnt the easiest thing to do.

very nicee. good luck to ya user!

Shoot me an email anytime user id be happy to help the best I can!

If everyone did the same and sold to the same people the prices would go down.

holy shit

This. It’s a mini ecosystem. One false move and your farm is dead