/wfg/ Warhammer Fantasy General

Skeleton attack

>Resources (Crunch, Lore and Warhammer Fantasy Role-play)
WFB: pastebin.com/2EJLZq7a
WFRP: pastebin.com/NX6t6eYa
Novels: pastebin.com/Uzp9RQ9i

>We're looking for these novels for the archive:
pastebin.com/t5kdcfVm

>Alternative Warhammer Miniatures and Manufacturers
pastebin.com/WQTJDtUV

>Warhammer Wikis
warhammerfb.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Wiki
whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page

>Warhammer Video Games.
pastebin.com/396cm1Jp

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

rottenfactory.eu/store/index.php
twitter.com/AnonBabble

First for the Old Ones

Second for every rat player should commit suicide

Fat Druchii tits

Because their army is mediocre or because you hate playing against them or because they're furries?

Dancing stripping Dawi

Not him but how can anyone hate playing against Skaven? It's sheer bonkers mayhem every time.

I love & cherish my trolls more than any other model, but I shudder to think what once happened to them when they had Regen taken away by a flamer and they then got zapped by a S10 Doomwheel
I cri evertim

For some reason I really love the idea of Skaven fighting Bretonnians. Maybe because it's such a level of tech versus such a lack of it.

They're even worse than furries, every single one living thing has a reedeming quality, i would pardon malekith and nagash, but i would torture to death EVERY SINGLE RAT without question
i play dawi

Skaven really have no redeeming qualities, do they

Seeing as my dwarven paranoia never settles I've made some further adjustments to my WIP army list:

++ [2494pts] ++

+ Lords +

Chaos Sorcerer Lord [375pts]: Lore of Shadow, Wizard Level 4
. Chaos Mutations & Powers: Daemonblade
. Magic Items: BRB - Enchanted Shield, BRB - Ironcurse Icon, BRB - Talisman of Preservation

+ Heroes +

Festus the Leechlord [190pts]: AB - Pestilent Potions, Lore of Nurgle, Wizard Level 2

Exalted Hero [220pts]: Battle Standard Bearer, Mark of Nurgle
. Chaos Mutations & Powers: Hideous Visage, Scaled Skin
. Magic Items: BRB - Dragonhelm, BRB - Luckstone, BRB - Potion of Foolhardiness, BRB - Sword of Anti-Heroes

+ Core +

Chaos Warhounds [40pts]
. 5x Chaos Warhound: 5x Vanguard special rule

Chaos Warhounds [40pts]
. 5x Chaos Warhound: 5x Vanguard special rule

Chaos Warriors [444pts]
. Champion
. 21x Chaos Warrior: 21x Halberds, 21x Mark of Nurgle
. Musician
. Standard Bearer: BRB - Banner of Swiftness

Marauder Horsemen [95pts]: Musician
. 5x Marauder Horsemen: 5x Flails, 5x Javelins

Forsaken [105pts]
. 5x Forsaken: 5x Forsaken of Slaanesh

Forsaken [105pts]
. 5x Forsaken: 5x Forsaken of Slaanesh

+ Special +

Gorebeast Chariot [140pts]: Mark of Nurgle

Chaos Ogres [390pts]: Champion, Musician, Standard Bearer
. 8x Chaos Ogre: 8x Great weapons, 8x Mark of Nurgle

+ Rare +

Hellcannon [210pts]

The primary thinking that lead to this newest of obnoxious armylist-posting is that I want to draw attention away from the Forsaken, who where going to act as flankers and warmachine hunters anyway and put the focus squarely on the Gorebeast Chariots. The latter are relatively cheap and extremely sturdy to the degree that they are likely to survive a cannonball to their face. As if they die before they reach the foe, that's fine seeing as it took dmg away from my infantry, especially if it took two cannonballs, but if they reach dwarven lines they are sure to wreck some shit up.

I'm not married to the Daemonblade, and am currently having an internal discussion wether or not I should replace it with a Flaming Breath-gift or another unit of wardogs.

They're interesting villains with more room for variety than Orcs, at least on some level.

Orcs are fun to kill, skaven aren't

I can't say i see how they're any more interesting then orcs as villains go

its good lumbah foots, its so good.

I'm also considering whether or not to switch the Ogres to Nurgle Warriors with Shields and full command. The latter would fair better against volleys from Quarellers, Thunderers and volley guns but the former are speedier and got more punch to them. With the aide of the Gorebeast Chariots the Ogres shouldn't be as blatant a target as they were before which is another point in their favour. It was also a really long time since I tried them out. Then again, they have been nothing but underwhelming in the past. However their apparent scariness might be beneficial as it takes focus from the deathstar.

Orcs are almost always just 'guys that like to fight that don't care about much else.' Even their clever plans are just doing what most other armies actually do, like tactics. Skaven are backstabbers and schemers, and can do a lot of clever shit and actually may have goals for the city they're trying to conquer.

What kind of beastmen would you like to see?

Do some math and figure out whether the Warriors or the Ogres are more cost effective

I would have liked to see a Kingdoms of Ind army made up by a core of cheap and plentiful human levies with little to no armour. The unit choice would include spearmen, two handed axemen, macemen and longbowmen.
The special selection would consist of a number of various warrior-caste beastmen such as glasscannon tigermen, skirmishing apemen, nagas and sturdy waterbuffalomen with a devastating charge.
In rare would be the mandatory elephant and some other goodies.

>tfw anons are still using break fluid to strip their plastics in 2018

>the best kind if druuchi tits

I want to run WHFRP 2e for my lads, but I can't afford to get the core rulebook off of ebay for each one. Is Zweihander a good enough substitute for physical copies?

Or you could just use a PDF

From a math-stand point the Chaos Warriors seem to come up on top, granted I haven't included the stomps and the impact hits in my highly flawed calculations. However the speed of the Ogres are what's really making them appealing to me combined with the variety they give me compared to if I go for another warrior block. While the Hammer-aspect of them are nice I'm not too sure that I need that over something a bit more sturdy, but then again the Deathstar already fulfills a dual role of anvil and hammer. As such I'll likely use the Ogres to clear off possible unit(s) of quarrelers and/or thunderers while my Deathstar goes toe to toe against the likely enemy deathstar. However those Stand-and-Shoot could be quite damaging to the Ogre unit.
Maybe I'm just overthinking this whole thing and should pick the Ogres for the fun and novelty of it.

Or for that matter replacing it with the Chaos Familiar.

I could, but none of the boys have pdf capable devices besides their phones. Trying to navigate through a 200+ page pdf on mobile is suffering.

Would you be willing to print off a copy? It'd cost a lot of paper, but it'd allow you to get a book to all your friends, or at least one physical book you can pass around.

You have to remember Zweihander is going to be a different game, even if its similar. You should be choosing it because of its rules, not accessibility.

I don't suppose anyone has a PDF of uniforms & heraldry of the empire? Loved that one.

Probably, maybe I could even ignore the irrelevant oges and just print off the careers and combat mechanics.

I can see Naga heavy infantry as a kind of Delf Executioner equivalent, crossed with Kroxigar? Ceremonial Executions for Ind's ruling class?

It's on the e-hentai site, weirdly enough. Personally I think the art doesn't quite look as good as it can look on-model, but it provides some good inspiration.

I would really recommend looking up the Career Compendium then. That'll give all the careers. The combat mechanics should be only a section of the core rulebook.

Alright, which one of you fucks made this? Whose magical realm is this?

Being the sort of tinkering faggot that I am I've come up with yet another alternative list which I think might just be it, by dropping Festus and replacing the Deathstar for a unit of Nurgle Warriors with Shields I've made room for a proper block of Forsaken of Slaanesh which ups my infantry blocks to three. I've also added a unit of Hellstriders (which I've never used before) to act as warmachine hunters together with the Marauder Horsemen. With that and the Gorebeast Chariots I'm confident that a large enough part of my army will make it to the enemy line for me to have a chance of winning against Dwarfs.

++ Standard (Warriors of Chaos - Army Book (2013-4) -V8.8.0.) [2500pts] ++

+ Lords +

Chaos Sorcerer Lord [375pts]: Lore of Shadow, Wizard Level 4
. Chaos Mutations & Powers: Daemonblade
. Magic Items: BRB - Enchanted Shield, BRB - Ironcurse Icon, BRB - Talisman of Preservation

+ Heroes +

Exalted Hero [226pts]: Battle Standard Bearer, Halberd, Mark of Nurgle
. Chaos Mutations & Powers: Hideous Visage, Scaled Skin
. Magic Items: AB - Helm of Many Eyes, BRB - Dawnstone

+ Core +

Chaos Warhounds [45pts]
. 5x Chaos Warhound: 5x Mutant Poisons, 5x Vanguard special rule

Chaos Warhounds [45pts]
. 5x Chaos Warhound: 5x Mutant Poisons, 5x Vanguard special rule

Marauder Horsemen [95pts]: Musician
. 5x Marauder Horsemen: 5x Flails, 5x Javelins

Chaos Warriors [351pts]
. Champion
. 18x Chaos Warrior: 18x Mark of Nurgle, 18x Shields
. Musician
. Standard Bearer: BRB - Banner of Swiftness

Forsaken [378pts]
. 18x Forsaken: 18x Forsaken of Slaanesh

+ Special +

Hellstriders of Slaanesh [105pts]: Musician
. 5x Hellstrider: 5x Spears

Chaos Ogres [390pts]: Champion, Musician, Standard Bearer
. 8x Chaos Ogre: 8x Great weapons, 8x Mark of Nurgle

+ Rare +

Hellcannon [210pts]

Something like that would indeed be neat. A fast moving (perhaps even with the Fast Cavalry rule?) monstrous infantry unit with light armour and 5+ scaly Skin that could choose between either halberds or additional hand weapons
with the further option of bows with multiple shots seems like a good fit for it. Optional poison attacks also seems prudent.

Hmm, I realised that while typing and thinking about it I came up with something else than what you described. Like some sort of huntsman. Maybe they could be fluffed as royal/holy huntsmen who cull the wild jungles that engulfs the myriad kingdoms of Ind. I'd give their optional bows a higher S than normal ones to represent that they are wielded by larger, stronger individuals.
As such they could be used as swift flankers and monster killers.

Just to clarify it's 2500/2500 points.

I for one think you should just go ahead and play the army already instead of worrying for days on end about how you'll fight the dorfs

>TWW games doing really good.
>GW can't promote their tabletop along with it

Where is the planning? Are plans even involved?

These waterbuffalomen could be a twist on Ogres.
They'd only have MS 4 but swiftstride to represent a slow gait that can be built up into a ferocious charge, which is further enforced by giving them impact hits (2). IMO they should come equipped with GW and their defense should consist of T5 and Scaly Skin (5) to represent their tough hide. Offensive wise they should probably have something like WS3, S4 and I1. As such they could be used as either a hard-hitting anvil or a slow but devastating flanker.

I guess not, since the first one came out shorty after killing fantasy

>T5, 5+ Scaly Skin
Yeah fuck that. Stone trolls are 5+ Scaly Skin and only T4

I heard they are doing Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay again at least

This is their chance to bring back warmaster

hello gents,

i am a total warhammer player and i think that the skaven are the best. how much money will i have to spend to prove that i am the best skaven player/skaven are the greatest race alive in real life??

Yeah after they broke off their deal with FFG, they hired some other group to make a new edition of WFRP (4th now?)
Haven't gotten any news on that since like last year, though

I think you proving your merits as a skaven player is less about buying kits and more about winning games, user

I guess that they could even have the option to upgrade to either shields or GWs to give them some variety. With GWs they would actually become quite capable hammers while equipped with shields they would make a tough nut to crack even considering a low WS. T5 AS4+ and a 6+ parry would make them a nice and reliable anvil.

They talked about it just a few months ago.

It's by Cubicle 7, same Brit dudes behind The One Ring, Adventures in Middle Earth, some Cthulhu games, the WFRP2e re-releases, and a handful of other games.

A few months ago is last year, still

My thinking would be that they would be quite expensive to not make them fuck-off OP for their role but then again I know next to nothing about balance. I just think that it would be neat with a smaller sized anvil consisting of huge cow-men.

Yeah but considering guys who have hides that is described as being as hard as stone are only T4 and SS 5+, having T5 and SS5+ on a couple of bovinemen would be over the top AF

Then again without the ranks I guess that they would instead be used as ridiculously hard to move GW-wielding flankers consisiting of the minimum amount of models.

Yeah, you're definitely right. How would you fix that? Would reducing the armour save to +6 be enough? Seems like it might atleast offer up a further incentive to go shields over GWs. Taking them down to T4 would be the easy solution but I think that they lose alot of the appeal I was going for then. Trolls do have after all regen to make them even more tougher.

People always talk about Skaven in 40k...But what about Hrud in Fantasy?

>Entropic/time manipulation is a magical field all the creatures are born with
>Live in the dank and dark places of the Old World and Badlands
>Worship the Old One God of Darkness Qah
>Migrate periodically throughout regions of the Old World in destructive events that require urgent military action

Would downgrading them to T4, keeping the 5+ AS and giving them a special ability that makes them count as having an additional rank do the trick? It would also serve the purpose of providing incentive to use them as flankers since they would disrupt foes even without a second rank.

SS to 6+, give them the option to buy armour and shields, maybe an extra wound or so. This way they basically have a +1 to any armour save they choose to invest in
T4 seems more in line with how units are statted.

Oh and just to make it clear; they would be monstrous infantry.

>SS to 6+, give them the option to buy armour and shields, maybe an extra wound or so.
That extra wound and dropping the AS in combination with optional light armour, shield and/or GW seem like a prudent way to go about it. Would they be too OP if they had that and the special ability mentioned in ?

They would ofc still retain their Impact Hits (2), MS 4 and swiftstride.

Perhaps dropping the swiftstride would be in order.

What do you think about this for the Tigermen of Ind:
M6 WS4 S4 T3 W1 I6 A2 LD7

Fear
Frenzy (-->A3)
Swiftstride

They would be a quick infantry unit with plenty of dmg output but next to no surviveability.

What about their whole "they also live on imperial spaceships like rats" thing?
They could work as some kind of enigmatic foe alongside the Fimir

I'd personally do Devastating Charge and Ambush instead of Frenzy, maybe make them 1 attack base. Make them prowlers of a sort.

Last thread seemed to go quick?

It's in the OP. We also have the Elves and Skaven one as well.

Hello everyone. Just getting into the hobby, any super useful tips for a beginner?

be prepared to get almost no games, pick an army you'll have fun modelling and painting, don't be afraid to purchase OOP models from third party sites or second hand.

Thin your paints, never a bad place to start.

You'll probably end up going for 3rd party models due to their availability and even legitimately enjoying their look better, but you can find official forces and miniatures if you're willing to scour eBay and other sites enough.

I have a few people to play with already and I have purchased a few armies already.

Thinning paints is a good tip, I'll keep it in mind.

what's a good place to get a Hellcannon? as it is I'm considering just buying a Carnifex and as few dwarfs as possible and converting it myself

I converted mine using a dwarf cannon and a juggernaut (if you build an organ gun you get an extra cannon bit)

that would be cheaper and probably look better too, got any pics of yours to give me an idea of what to do?

They live in the basements of dank dark castles, also will stowaway on ships on long voyages

Buy the Chaos Dwarf Magma cannon and stick two chaos spawns on the front pulling it.

Don't want to be a dick, but that doesn't feel too far off from the Strigoi to me. Though I guess if you wanted some sort of custom bloodline that was a bit closer to Hrud...

Any useful tips for primers? Are there any that I would be able to pick up at a hardware store that would work for miniatures? Not sure if it is relevant information, but I want to prime (most of) them in white.

Well GW white is fine as far as I know but you can also buy Car body primers which are generally a similar quality but much cheaper.

Other than that most other miniature companies have their brand of undercoat.

Praise the Everchosen, heretics.

rottenfactory.eu/store/index.php
Have two difference takes of Hellcannon on sale. I've never bought anything there myself but he seems to be liked well enough on the 9th age forum.

What is the Empire's best answer to a horde of Grave Guard with great weapons?

And what even are their great weapons supposed to be, they look like poorly proportioned halberds

What are these

Short glaives? I think dark elves executioners are also similar

Theirs just look like big swords to me

They look a little bit like naginatas, or maybe a dadao with a particularly long handle. Such things existed.

Thanks muchly.

Odd, poorly made glaives

>What is the Empire's best answer to a horde of Grave Guard with great weapons?
I'd say blast them away with hellblaster and rifle volleys and season with magic.
Don't engage them in CC unless you want to get torn to shreds.
>And what even are their great weapons supposed to be, they look like poorly proportioned halberds
Fantasy-proportioned polearms.

Better example, even if the handle is shorter.

That's definitely true, I just really enjoy the armylist-building aspect of the game. It's a pleasure in itself.

That seems like a better way to go about it. As is they're too squishy to be relied upon to make it through a couple of volleys of shooting meaning that they would get utterly shrecked if placed in the frontline.

I love to hate them.

Going to convert me a Glade Lord riding on a Forest Dragon but I'm having some trouble deciding between using the DE or HE one. Neither is really horned enough
I love the TWWH design but could never succeed in recreating the amazing moose horns that thing has

IMO, HE dragon will be a better source, since he looks more snake-like than DE

Label your templates and dice then keep track of them.

Just buy the gw shit, hardware primers are always a toss up.

Vallejo do a nice white primer but g-dubs is reliable for what you pay.

I heard bad stories with corax white

Any communities for playing the tabletop online?

Accidentally bought way to many nightgoblins. Now I have 150 spearmen. I could do a conversion where I cut off the spear below the hand, then cut away the excess haft above the hand and position the long spear head closer to the hand to look like swords. Will I ever even want to field 150 spearmen? How many sword users should I convert? a unit of thirty?

Ive also got twenty sword and board goblins and I converted three nightgoblins into a skulkas. Does this squad have any value? My idea is to try and have it fight some knights or elites and kill a few of them with the skulkas. How else could I use this squad or improve it?

Finally I bought a bunch of forest goblins carrying balls of spider webs, and more carrying spiders because they were super cheap. I have 15 of them and don't know what to do now. Make bases for them and stick them into the normal goblin unit to make it bigger? Was also thinking I could proxy the ones carrying webs as netters, what do?Thanks

Hand weapons are generally the better choice because the 6+ parry will be more helpful than extra rank of WS2 S3 attacks. A big unit of Night Gobbos is best as an anvil and a tarpit. I use a hundred-gobbo unit for these purposes myself. Just keep the general and BSB nearby and they won't be running until the enemy hacks away enough to remove their steadfast.