Maiesta RPG

>The world of Prognora is a living, breathing place. Spirits reside in everything from the earth and loam to the scattered clouds above. They take the form of angels and demons, mighty beasts and noble apparitions. And yet, for all their power and majesty, these spirits need to come from somewhere. They must be carried, nurtured, and taught the ways of the world they will one day care for. Among all the mortal races, precious few individuals have the potential to shoulder this monumental burden. Fewer still have the unbreakable spark to pursue that potential to the fullest.

>This is the story of those few that do. Those heroines blessed not only with the capacity to carry spirits to term, but the resolve to wield their new power to shape a better world for their children. This is the story of the Maiesta.

This is an amateur RPG being developed featuring themes of Motherhood and Spiritualism. Despite its themes, it's very PG.

You play as the titular Maiesta, a woman with the ability to house nascent spirits within themselves, called Gravs, allowing them to take on a physical form. In return The spirits provide the Maiesta supernatural powers.

The game is in development for its second edition, so some rules are fairly barebones and organization is a bit of a mess.

>Rule page (Single document in development)

maiestarpg.deviantart.com/gallery/

>Character sheet
viper9000.deviantart.com/art/Sample-2e-Maiesta-Character-Sheet-Layout-700870700

IMPORTANT
Please link any relevant art Offsite rather than in the thread. The art, no matter how safe for work, will likely get you banned.

Other urls found in this thread:

discordapp.com/invite/x2E4rgq
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

i cant believe you didnt link my sample sheet too

Well one, you cant tell me what to do.

And two... i really like the Primal class. Its like a nice mix between druid and sorcerer.

Or just a cannon using giant.... because I made that one....

sounds super fucking generic. What makes this different from every other 10000 brandon sanderson/ tolkien/ japanese mythology rip off?

No offense, you might wanna take that down. That WILL get you banned.

Just look at the artworks, it has the theme of spirits fading and new ones being born and they need mortal mothers for that to happen.
Also it actually had no set races instead game allows to make your own really well so...those comparisons quickly fail as there are no elfs here nor any dwarfs....

Better!

It would not have happened - (Ironically that is less likely to get you banned then bland picture of a crocodile lady that is actually hard to see)

So...preggo fetish garbage?

Often better to err on the side of caution.

Well in comparison it's much more Veeky Forums that that thread about MGE (Like for gods sake use monster girls on tour it's much better for a setting and system)

Also you can play just a child of one of those Maiesta's - playing literary spirit given fleshy form....or take one over as a sort of zombie....

With hex-based tactical combat, yes. The worldbuilding is pretty thin right now, or at least not readily available.

I would like to apologize for accidentally spurring the creation of this thread.

The game looks like it has solid rules. Shine on you degenerate diamonds.

Different guy but I will say by being on Veeky Forums you kind confirm to be more of a degenerate then most normal people....so yeah throwing that word around is hypocritical at best.

Thanks for your approval, random stranger!

It's the internet, man. We're all a little bit degenerated here.

That is my point, why even say it, we all are in same boat here.

Also yeah someone get some SFW art here.

By day she is a pregnant woman...

BUT BY NIGHT: She fights crime in the streets of Gotham!

"Pregnant Woman" used to be just an ordinary gal named Martha Sue, but one day she was bitten by a radioactive baby! Granted powers by the COSMIC DIVINE ENERGY of radioactivity she becomes... PREGNANT WOMAN, fighting for justice for all!

Original character, DO NOT STEAL

Broodmother is best class, fite me.

So I'm guessing the appeal for people who play male characters is they get to knock people up?

What a backstory. Dark Horse should hire you.

Nah, the intended tone of games is too lighthearted for that level of lewdness, and the only male PC I've seen so far is currently being built more as an obsessively devoted son rather than a super-stud dad-to-be. The fetishy elements are there and they're important, but they aren't the sole focus of gameplay. It's still mainly about the adventuring itself.

Male player characters fall squarely into a human/spirit hybrids. and you can sleep with a woman and they can become pregnant. but its given no more emphasis than any other rpg out there.

The appeal of male characters is souly the class that lets them use Maiesta abilities. The Heritor. Which is basically "Build your own class".

To be fair, male maiesta are also totally possible. The spirit babs that maiesta are known for carrying don't give a dang about whether or not you have the parts necessary to do that sort of thing normally, because magic is there to save your hide.

But I've never seen any male maiesta aside from one now-abandoned PC and one NPC.

No arguments here. I especially like how much of a classy lady the base broodmother is.

Moonlight Densetsu stats playing. Except it is arranged by Hans Zimmer.

>Motherhood and Spiritualism
>Mpreg

Don't you all have universities to be protesting at or something?

Broodmother actually got a balance update. Since one of their core abilities was in essence a flaw.

For instance, all her minions no longer have the Injured state when reduced to 0 Vitality. Instead they just have to be resummoned.

Further more, they now have the ability to swap initiative with any slly at the start of combat

Where does one find a group to play this

They have a Discord with a recruitment channel: discordapp.com/invite/x2E4rgq

I guess this got a better reception than I thought it would.

Dude, if you're seeing politics in this, you might want to take a break from the internet for a while.

Dude, if you're making a game where mpreg is a mechanic, fucking hang yourself.

I didn't make it. I'm .

It's a pointless sentiment in any case. Holding strong opinions about other peoples' fetishes isn't exactly productive.

I just saw that, makes a bunch of sense. She's mainly suport and her minions are basically just moveable buffs that have HP rather than attack

Tbh Maiesta's setting is pretty undeveloped (for now, at least), and pretty much exist to provide the basic fluff to justify why the PCs are spirit-pregnant.

I do find it amusing that despite being clearly made to cater to a specific fetish, the game itself doesn't really have anything explicit, and is actually very "PG-13". Also, the developer is a woman, which I wouldn't have expected froma pregnancy fetish game.

Primal is the one class in the game that I think would easily work in a standard fantasy game (after removing the spirit-pregnancy part, but non of Primal's abilities are really tied to that beyond it being how all magic users get their power in the setting). It's a non-druid nature magic class, but instead on focusing on shapeshifting and speaking with animals it's about throwing barely controlled wild magic all over the pace, calling down thunder and hurricanes on your enemies. Druid/sorcerer is a pretty apt description.
Broodmother's mechanics for minions could also work in other games (they're a pretty good solution to the summoner action economy issue), but you'd have to rewrite most of the class.

True. I like, as some user pointed out, how instead of making her look creepy the semi-official art instead makes her look veyr refined and stately. I think that's a fun contrast to what you'd expect from a class called the Broodmother, who fights by giving birth to legions of disposable minions (spirit-minions, rather than flesh and blood ones, but still).
I can imagine her giving backhanded compliments on the enemys' choise of attire, or sitting at the backfield drinking tea while her minions assist the rest of the party.

Hey, my three favorite classes. I think the Shield Mom’s the leader, but the Brood Mom’s their strategist. And the Gravimancer is, as always, a precious cinnamon roll.

I really like that drawing.

>I do find it amusing that despite being clearly made to cater to a specific fetish, the game itself doesn't really have anything explicit, and is actually very "PG-13".
The non-explicit, light-hearted nature of Maiesta is what makes me cautiously interested despite being unwilling to do any ERP. I think it works better than your average magical realm.

Pregnancy fetish is not a thing that is tied to gender....there are women with that ancient fetish.

My personal favourite have to fall to....all of them, I love all of them, thought I kind of like shield-mother and primal for being classes of two characters I really liked...

I been around this games making for a while now, and in this game mpreg is not more a mechanic then in D&D or Dark Heresy (Well...on that is an actual mechanic in D&D) so yeah, I think friend you need to go and get some rest in environment not filled with hate-filled idiots.

One odd thing I find odd (aside from the obvious one) is that Maiesta 2nd, edition has no standard races. It's nice that there is a race creator (something a lot of other games could also benefit from, given how many potentially playable races exist in DnD for example), but it's odd that you have to use it to make even basic humans.
1st edition actually had example races, like humans, centaurs, and lamias, which both gave you some choices without having to mess with the race generator and gave some background for those races in the setting, but that got dropped in 2nd edition for some reason.

Making sure the mechanics are balanced and properly working is the main development focus right now. I imagine a list of 2e sample races will probably come eventually. You gotta remember, this is still being worked on.

Well sample races are easy to make - like you see what does and does not fit most the time.

Yeah.

Having spent far too much time looking at this, it seems like most of the characters that have been created are... more or less what you’d expect from
DeviantArt OCs. In other words, everyone wants to be a lamia or a slime or a fire elemental or a cowtaur or something. As such, the “make your own race” approach makes sense, because nobody is interested in playing more normal races. I’m not sure that this is the system’s fault, per se.

Truth be told when everyone is different it actually makes so making normal race makes you stand out....like in quite a few game of D&D I ran, snowflakes who run humans in monster games are worse then folk who want to make there own character....

To be fair, this *does* kinda tie in to the setting. Its been established since 1e that the genetics of the world are such a massive jumble (pretty much exclusively thanks to magic) that a completely pure-blooded human is actually a rarity. I'm in a game with a character who was presumed totally human for the longest time, but more recently she's been developing some obviously draconic traits. People do play them, though, and they're usually just as interesting as the non-humans.

Though it IS kinda a shame that the less humanoid classes get the most love, since it means the cloudfolk race - the game's elf proxy and one of the more intriguing in terms of design IMO (sort of a mix between classical elves and the stereotypical "gray" aliens) - has gotten pretty much no exceptionally memorable PCs since the game's inception. ;m;

It's kind of the opposite for me. I haven't actually made a character, but if I did it feels the class itself is so focal to the character that it relegates the race choice to "idk, human I quess". That is, if I were to make, say, a broodmother I can only think of the character as just a broodmother, rather than, say, centaur broodmother or dryad broodmother, so it makes sense to go for the most generic race (human).
Exceptions where I can think of a particular race/class combo are dryad primal (because of the connection to nature) and lamia predator (because the fluff about them having huge appetites).

The real question, which veteran class of broodmom is best. I vote Nuggaryth. Eldritch theme, and the official ard has the crazy yandere expression.

y'all gotta stop posting official arts. think of the thread!

As somebody who just hit veteran rank on their broodmom, I am so hyped to pick up the Nygguroth stuff. That is gonna be a fun time for sure!

where could one find a compilation of official arts

The makers' DA account has it under "kinda official art". The artist who'se done most of it is called Cross Crescent, and I'd assume you can find it on his page as well, but haven't actually checked.

>disliking your fetish makes you hateful
This is how we know your hair is dyed purple.

Ironic seeing as I am probably least standing out guy you could meet with madman's attitude.
Also at last I am aware of my faults, unlike other anons.

I do recall cloudkin just not sure how to play one, as I tend to run rather.....savage characters.

honestly i don't see anything wrong in NOT having standard races.

And? I've got a half-cloudfolk HG waiting in the wings, and I'm planning on writing her on the energetic and overdramatic side. She's clever, yeah, but it's an overconfident "Joseph Joestar" sort of cleverness.

Idunno, that's just me. I consider class, race, and personality all separately most of the time to keep things interesting.

For some strange reason, I’m cool with monstergirls and I’m apparently alright with pregnant humans, but when you stack theme together as a game theme, it’s solidly in nope territory. As in, I can almost envision playing in a game with lamias, and I think Cross-Crescent’s human Maiesta characters are cute, but as soon as you go to “it’s a game with pregnant cowtaurs in it,” it’s Not For Me.

Part of that is definitely the classes, which are so strongly defined that they do overshadow racial stuff.

Right now, sure. It’s easy enough to run a campaign with whatever you want in it, so you can say that it’s humans-only easily enough, or allow a custom race for each character. However, it has an obvious impact on future worldbuilding. If hyper-pregnant lizardfolk (say) become a cornerstone of the setting, then you’ll have to work to remove them if you want to run a humans-only Maiesta campaign. The “anything goes” approach is more or less canon, so future setting-important NPCs might very well be pregnant bat-women or water elementals or who knows what.

But the REAL question here is, “What’s the right way to hug a broodmom?” From the side, with a stepladder?

Clearly from the side. being on top would be very uncomfortable for her. and there's at least 4 to 5 feet of spirit pregnancy between you and a frontal hug.

of course there's always hugging from underneath.

If there's to be further fluff written for the game, it'd be useful to have some information on the races that live in the setting, rather than just going "make something up". Especially when the setting itself is unique (in standard fantasy RPG like DnD it's common for GMs to make their own setting and races, but Maiesta is built around a specific setting with very specific metaphysics).
Although I do kind of feel presenting the example races, a least the more unusual ones, as examples of races you can create, rather than necessarily canonical races, does have its benefits, as points out.

I kind of feel the same about the more "snoflakey" races, partly because I think they take focus from the class, and partly because pregnant slimes and lizardpeople are just kind of odd. I'm more fine with races like lamia and centaru, though, as those still seem fairly "normal".
Although, I feel the identity of the classes themselves is so strong that if I made a character I wouldn't factor in the race into the concep at all, which would lead to just using generic humans (barring some cases where a human would clash with the theme of the class more than another race; the Primal in particular I feel is more suited to a wood elf or dryad instead of a human).

And obviously the right way to hug a broodmom is to hug the belly. And give it a rub while you're at it.

Saurians already exist sort of - with this lovely lady Sidur who is one of the older character made for the system.... Also because of how system is set up it relies on different areas. So really no one location is tied to the next, and you can have who human only campaign with ease.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA leave

I mean no offense when i say that image could get you banned. you may want to take it down, and link off site.

whoops thought this was a normal human thread, just realized its a degenerate fag fetish thread

Sidur is probably the only well-known (within the game's community, that is) character, with lots of fan-art, but she doesn't actually look at all like the "official" art for saurians, which is the 4th from the right in (just a human with dinosaur legs and tail).
I actually do prefer a proper lizardfolk-race (even if pregnant lizardfolk is kind of a weird concept) to the human with some extra bits look. Saurians and bovians were the two example races that I feel didn't really deserve to be their own race, at least not in the form in the semi-offical art, when you also had a "human with random animal/magical bits" race (the catgirl in the same picture represents on example of them), which is actually how significant amount of humans in the setting are supposed to be like (most races can interbreed, either on their own or with the help of maiesta, so 100 % pureblooded humans are actually supposed to be pretty rare). If you're going to make something a unique race it should look and feel more unique.
I know you could say the same about lamias and hapies as well, but harpies can fly, which already sets them apart from other races, and lamias are common enough in fantasye that they feel more natural as a separate race than cowgirls.

Seconded.

It's funny when you realise that people with fetishes are normal isn't it?

Well pregnant lizardfolk makes more sense then pregnant birds, as lizards in nature can give live birth and few species even have wombs.

One vote for side, one vote for belly. I’m divided.

I bet they also appreciate back and shoulder massages. A belly that size has got to lead to some sore muscles.

The Gravimancer class can get an ability called “Dynamite Hips.” Gravimancers specialize in gravity magic and healing or reviving allies by enwombing them, and one of their base abilities allows them to make a target weightless. Dynamite Hips exploits the fact that friction is governed by force operating normal to the direction of movement; an ordinary punch, kick, or (most amusingly) hipcheck can therefore send an opponent flying. For those of you with experience in tactical combat systems: do you know of a cuter move than this? (I don’t know what the right word is, but the magical-hipcheck-attack is somehow more endearing than fierce.)

For that matter, how much do the Maiesta rules resemble 4e? I never got into 4e; I’m not big on combat generally, and 4e’s heavy emphasis on tactical combat made it unappealing.

True. Ovoviviparious (technically having eggs, but the eggs lack a shell and already "hatch" inside the mother's body) snakes and lizards are actually pretty common.
Lizardfolk with boobs still doesn't make sense, but that's something that shows up even in mainsteam fantasy settings (see Argonians in Skyrim), because having boobs is the most obvious sexual trait for us (average person probably wouldn't recognice a slightly larger and duller colored lizardperson as female).

>A belly that size has got to lead to some sore muscles.
Presumably why they need the palanquin (plus just the general impossibility of moving with a belly that probably weight half a ton). Although they do have a talen choise called iron spine that does let them walk around with larger than usual size, as well as an upgraded version for the legionnaire veteran class which actually gives the highest theoretical capacity you can get if you max out on capacity upgrades, as it's a total of 150% increase based on your total capacity (IIRC that leads to max size of 25). That's got to require pretty impressive back muscles!

>do you know of a cuter move than this?
I find the concept of the broodmom move where she makes her broodling line up crowdsurf her at a target pretty cute as well.

>For that matter, how much do the Maiesta rules resemble 4e?
Maiesta is hex-based and uses custom dice, so not all that much, although both have more emphasis on tactical combat and special moves than the average RPG.
Maiesta 2nd edition rules also seem to be made pretty much exclusively with online play in mind, as the custom dice are easy to handle in something like roll20 but a pain in real life, and most people don't have spare hex-grids laying around (unlike square grids, which you can use standard graph paper for).

Forgot my pic. It’s even sillier/more endearing if you imagine it as an anime-style called attack.

Frankly, I think Veeky Forums doesn’t need constant fetishposting. The occasional thread is alright, but we really don’t need an endless succession of “ in games?” threads. At least the weekly smut threads contained it a bit.

Maiesta’s a little different inasmuch as it’s indisputably a game, and doesn’t really rely on sexually explicit elements, even though it’s obviously fetish material. I want to hug a classy broodmom and rub her belly.[\spoiler]

Of all the threads to attempt an argument from realism in...

You should also learn to write in the English language. Here’s a basic edit of that post:
>Well, pregnant lizardfolk make more sense than pregnant birds, as real lizards can give live birth, and a few species even have wombs.
On second thought, just go.

Well, fucked up my spoiler tags. There’s a first time for everything, I guess. The fact that LaTeX specifies everything with backslashes really doesn’t help.

Maiesta is hex-based and uses custom dice, so not all that much, although both have more emphasis on tactical combat and special moves than the average RPG.
How about the keyword system and the “Utility Action/Battle Action/Sudden Action” thing? And buying combat moves with XP?

I’m accustomed to combat systems which are... more subjective, I guess.

>I find the concept of the broodmom move where she makes her broodling line up crowdsurf her at a target pretty cute as well.
That IS pretty cute. I guess cuteness wouldn’t be appropriate for the Rage Bearers or Primals, but can we think up a cute move for shieldmoms?

>furry preggo: the game
>WE SWEAR NO LEWD

Yup you're correct! No lewds here.

Oddly, yeah.

Sometimes you get a realm thread on Veeky Forums and someone will say something like “I like redheads, so I always put redheaded NPCs in my game.” You could imagine people who like redheads putting together “Redheads: The Gingering,” and it would obviously have a sexual component, but it wouldn’t necessarily be lewd in the conventional sense. And Maiesta is mostly like that, with a few obvious exceptions, like the Gravimancer. Not that I’m complaining.

And then you have the actual furries, or scalies, as the case may be: .

I'm morbidly curious, and skimming the various documents I can't really find much in the way of GM side stuff. How is a GM meant to set up a game? What's meant to go into acquiring Gravs, and what are the other primary plot threads PC's might pursue beyond satisfying cravings?

Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be much in the way of GM-side information right now—or not a lot that's written down, at least. We know a little bit about the types of gravs, and we know that they go through a gestation phase as a way of acquiring experiences, but it's not clear where they come from or what they do after they're born. Some locations are mentioned repeatedly, but they're not explicitly described anywhere. Likewise, Maiesta doesn't seem to have much in the way of "official" antagonists.

Someone in another thread clarified that becoming a Maiesta is a bit like becoming an aberrant or an exalted, in the sense that it happens to you after some personally significant event. Oddly, gravs only take up residence in the uteri of people who would be totally cool with that. (I'm curious how large a segment of the population that is. I mean, I imagine that if you asked most women "Would you like to become spirit-pregnant in exchange for crazy magic powers?" they'd say "Uh... no," but I could be wrong. Maybe there's a sizable number of women who'd say, "Magic powers? Fuck yeah! Get in my womb now!" People are weird. In any event, maiesta are pretty rare; ambivalence regarding spirit-pregnancy might be one reason why.) Starting characters can take a number of gravs equal to their Affinity, each grav gives them one point of Size, and they can choose which types of gravs they have at the start of the game.

I rather like the vagueness of the setting as it is, because it'd be easy to run Maiesta in, say, an anachronistic-JRPG-tech-level humans-only setting. I do not know what purpose thoughts like this serve, as I have no intention of running a Maiesta campaign.

I have mixed feelings on it. While the hyper-pregnancy artstyle and some aspects of it don't interest me, the idea of gaining power through nurturing and empowering spirits is honestly a pretty cool theme. Currently pondering how easy it would be to sever the game from the extreme fetish bits, whether it'd just be fluff or if you'd need to excise any rules- The vore class would need to go, for example.

Honestly, I'm not even sure why the vore class is there to start with, beyond the apparent popularity of vore as a fetish. To me, it feels like the Maiesta class for edgelords. If you want to gauge how easy it would be to remove the fetish bits, the class abilities would be the thing to look at. The game's mechanics employ changes in Size as ability costs—if your Size exceeds your Capacity, you start taking fatigue and may eventually get Pinned (i.e., immobilized)—so that may be the major sticking point for you.

Honestly I think I can use that, adapting it in a more body horror direction. It's not hyper-pregnancy, it's the presence of that much raw spiritual potential of various kinds warping your body in unnatural ways, the base effects simply the mark of one who bears a spirit, with the negative effects representing those changes going out of control, crippling your ability to act or even to move.

That didn't occur to me, but I have a strong predilection for cute things, so of course it wouldn't.

I hope Cross-Crescent draws more cute art.

Anyone have any character concepts to share? i'm having issues thinking up stuff.

I wrote up some vague impressions in the thread which was moved to /trash/. I could try to resurrect them if you like. I’m not very much of a “build” guy, so I don’t have any deep insights into synergies between abilities, or unusual ways to play the classes; I’m more on the “personalities, goals, habits, occupations, etc.” side of things.

Speaking of which: Does anyone have any advice for picking Gravimancer abilities so as to defend against the worst-case scenario, a situation where you’re rebirthing the rest of the party and need to avoid dying for a turn or two?

Additional question: Given that they can make themselves weightless, can Gravimancers slam and jam?

Gravs do not need 'biological support' e.g. amniotic fluid/umbilical cords+placentas to survive?

What I had in mind were Vivipoure lizards (few species of those do exist and there young is rather big in proportion to the mother)

Nothing really furry about the game. The semi-official art only features human or monstergirl (centraus, harpies, slimegirls, etc.) races.
Although since there is a race creator, you could create any kind of race you want and some players have made furry races.

It's also kind of weird when it comes to lewds, in that there really isn't anything explicit or sexual. It's really quite tame when it comes to the contents. I mean, you can instantly tell it's made by somebody with a pregnany fetish, as the game revolves around the PCs being pregnant, but it never actually does anything lewd or sexual. It's weird.

I don’t even know whether they’re material entities or not. They sort of have to be, if they take up space, but they don’t seem to need amniotic fluid or a placenta. And they aren’t material prior to... implantation?... or, I think, after being born.

Really, we need to know more about gravs.

I guess gravs either can't or won't enter the body of a person who isn't willing to host them. If the host resisted, they'd probably just get forced out.

>I'm curious how large a segment of the population that is. I mean, I imagine that if you asked most women "Would you like to become spirit-pregnant in exchange for crazy magic powers?" they'd say "Uh... no," but I could be wrong. Maybe there's a sizable number of women who'd say, "Magic powers? Fuck yeah! Get in my womb now!"
Well, magical powers are a pretty bif deal. Plus, in the setting the maiesta are an important part of how the world functions and generally considered heroic figures, so I'd assume in the local culture becoming one would be seen as a mark of prestige and honor, making people a lot more likely to go along with it than if you stopped random people on the street and asked if they'd let you showe spirits into their womb.

My initial though that it'd be very difficult to separate the fetish content, as size increase is one of the key mechanics, serving to limit the amount of gravs you carry and the use of some powerful abilities. But since all excess size does is grant fatique, you could probably just replace it with a "fatique tolerance" stat and say that trying to control too much spirits or expending too much power tires you. That would actually make more sense for certain abilities, as I can't think of a good reason why a lot of Shield Mother abilities give you a size increase other than to prevent them from being spammed.
However, even then you're left with some classes that'd be hard to convert. Predator aside, Gravimancer has the ability to "rebirth" other PCs as a core mechanic and, while the gravity magic aspect of the class would work in a non-fetishy context, you'd have to effectively get ridd of half the class mechanics, including it serving the healer role. Broodmother might also require some reworking, although not as much.

The alternative frame, I guess, is one in which all your heroes are superpowered pregnant ladies, so every young girl dreams of someday getting spirit-knocked-up and accomplishing great deeds. This isn’t implausible, but it does seem awfully convenient, fetish-wise. Maiesta pares away all (or most?) of the hazards, complications, and annoyances of being pregnant, but even then you’re left with an unwieldy expecting-triplets-sized belly; moreover, pregnancy is a pretty personal and intimate thing. (Or at least I assume it is. It’s not like I’ve ever been pregnant, so I don’t really know.) From a roleplaying perspective, what I’m asking myself is “How do I get into the head of a person who’d be totally cool with being a maiesta?”, and the downsides to pregnancy are making it hard for me to understand characters who’d say “Hell yeah, being a maiesta sounds awesome!”

Except Brood Mothers. The women who become Brood Mothers have probably been dreaming about becoming Brood Mothers since they were, say, ten years old. “I want to spawn a horde of minions from my huge abdomen” is probably something you figure out about yourself fairly early in life.

Mind you, it’s really easy to imagine someone rapidly getting used to being a maiesta, in the same way that people get used to having superpowers. It’s also pretty easy to imagine people deciding to become maiesta if they suddenly offered the choice to do so. It’s the before-the-fact acceptance that’s hard to wrap my head around.

Desired art:
1. A Gravimancer slamming with the best.
2. A Brood Mother quietly gardening with her broodlings, wearing a big sun hat.

You say that as the MGE isn't one of the worse generals, I'm puzzled they didn't purge it or send it to /trash/.

This thread is what happens when you don't purge the shitty and thinly veiled fetish thread, now they think the majority of Veeky Forums aproves they shitty shenaningans.

>tfw this preggo general thread doesn't get purged but my thread a couple weeks back about dreams being used as inspiration for campaigns got an immediate exterminatus because i opened up with a funny story about a weird dream i had revolving around Veeky Forums

Are the mods asleep or is this how far Veeky Forums has fallen? Is this seriously gonna be the newest general on the board?

Actually this happens when you don't purge shitposting and ban /pol/tards - then those anons who want to get shit done turn to fetish threads as at least there people are creating things.

I'd guess it also depends on the class. The Hungry Ghost doesn't even look pregnant most of the time, only when drawing on the power of their gravs (and IIRC there is a talent that lets them not get size increase even then), so that'd probably be easier to accept, while the Gravimancer has the whole rebirthing thing, which even in-setting I can't imagining not being very weird and awkward thing initially (I suppose you get used to everything, including healing your allies in your womb, but I can't imagine a novice Gravimancer not turning beet-red and going "you want me to do WHAT?" when first explained how the ability works). And then you have Broodmothers, who probably all have some kind of pregnancy/birthing fetish, repressed or not. Most other classes I can see initially seeing it as a "power for a drawback" kind of thing: you get super-strenght or ability to call down lightning, but you also have to look like you're pregnant with triplets. Is it worth it? Some people at least think so.
No idea what kind of person would become a Predator, though. "I'm going t look like I'm pregnant with triplets, and get to kill things by swallowing them whole" does not seem like a thing that would appeal to most sensible people. All I can really see are lamia, who in the 1st edition race descriptions were noted as having a barely controlled urge to eat any food around them, and having an ability to swallow objects whole as standard, so for one to become a Predator is pretty much just taking those traits to their logical conclusion and going "screw it, I'm GOING to eat ALL THE THINGS!".

My thread about making god snakes was purged because I used a Yian-Ti picture...
Our mods is kind of shit you know, they destroy good threads and leave shitposting (Though I will note this is better then all shitposting threads put together)

I disagree.
Reasons...

Predators I can actually get, if you done them in right way (Which is easiest then Vore is not your thing which is case for me)
I view them as monsters that kill there prey in horrible fashion, this is why my predators has a toothy jaw and wears bones of her foes - she does not swallow them whole, she just rips her prey to shreds and eats it then - no vore, just pure gore.

Maiesta is an RPG, and it doesn't even have any explicit/NSFW content, so I don't see why it wouldn't be Veeky Forums-related. Certainly a lot more than MGE-worldbuilding, as there actually is a real game that exists.
Yeah, the subject matter is such that it only appeals to a very specific set of people, but if you don't like the subjec matter, you can just ignore the thread. Like, I dislike Age of Sigmar, but I don't go to AoS threads and demand them to be banned because it's a shitty game that destroyed the much better WHFB world. I just don't read AoS threads.

I don't think there should, or even could be a Maiesta general, though. It's too niche for that. It's like Ironclaw; one of those games that gets occasionally mentioned and might sometimes get a thread about it, but is largely ignored because it doesn't have wide appeal (Ironclaw is also a game a lot of people hate because of its subject matter, but it's apparently a solid game if you can look past the fact that all PC races are antropomorphic animals).

Meh, it's fetish artwork but if that's your thing I don't give a fuck we are on Veeky Forums if you claim your normal you are probably biggest degenerate here.

I have my own shitty fetishes. What I don't do is post them where they don't belong, and Preggo/infaltion fetishes belong to trash or aco.

As long as we're all on the level, name them.

Yeah there's not enough content yet for a general of Maiesta. But a thread or two, here and there are just fine.

No rules are being broken. Its a thread about a traditional game, nothing NSFW is on the thread. Thus allowed.

So! lets keep on, keeping on.

Ok I am in the mood to make characters, anyone got a silly monster suggestions?