Veeky Forums Vidya

What's your favourite Veeky Forums-related vidya?

Other urls found in this thread:

implyingrigged.info/wiki/2018_Veeky
store.megacongames.com/products/the-banner-saga-warbands-game-minis-combo
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Baldur's Gate and BGII, Planescape: Torment, Pillars of Eternity

Also a fan of Majesty, even if it's only very tangentially Veeky Forums related

Also stealth thread for 2018 Winter Elite Cup.

We're playing against /tv/ at 1800 UTC (1 pm EST).

DoW and DoW2, also we better not lose today.
Fuck /tv/ up

Epic: Final Liberation 40k, Chaos Gate, WH40k Armageddon, All the Goldbox games, Eye of Beholder, Darksun games, Ravenloft games, Planescape, Fallout (Technically counts due to ties to GURPS).

/tv/ manager here. Let's go lads, Mazes and Monsters bowl.

It's still funny going against my old old homeboard. It's almost like a duel of an old student and old master I've seen somewhere.

GET HYPE
Do we have a chant?

Only a master of evil Suule!

We're up next lads. GET HYPE!

Pic related, Ultima V, the AD&D Gold Box games (top 3: Pool of Radiance, Champions of Krynn and Death Knights of Krynn), Baldur's Gate, Temple of Elemental Evil (with the best combat system since the gold boxes), Divine Divinity, Jade Empire.

No ones rolling for cocaine levels?

Heroes of Might&Magic. It plays like a big board game so I'd say it is very Veeky Forums.

I see That Guy nat-20 memed.

WAAAAAAAAAAAGH

ORKS ORKS ORKS ORKS ORKS ORKS ORKS ORKS ORKS ORKS ORKS ORKS ORKS ORKS ORKS ORKS ORKS ORKS ORKS ORKS ORKS ORKS ORKS ORKS ORKS ORKS ORKS ORKS ORKS ORKS ORKS ORKS ORKS ORKS ORKS ORKS ORKS ORKS ORKS

implyingrigged.info/wiki/2018_Veeky Forums_Winter_Cup#Group_F

ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ

The hero they deserve.

Christ, that fucking guy...

WHY THE FUCK DO YOU RETARDS LET THAT GUY ON THE TEAM JESUS FUCK FUCK OFF.

Sometmes he scores, sometimes he throws it all away.

Who cares fire that useless cumpdumpster and bring back Creed.

All things considered, this is the best result. I still love Veeky Forums and this was a great match. See ya around, fa/tg/uys.

Good luck big guy.

Sometimes is not enough

Well that was a game and a half. There's not really much I can say. I tried to pre-empt the players getting tired by changing the defensive settings around but /tv/ managed to find the gaps. It's not the result I wanted of course, but it was a thriller to the end and we didn't lose so from here we build ourselves up.

That was a great game, mate. Best of luck.

Convince the rest of the board to do so and it'll happen.

RPG : Baldur's Gate II
Strategy : Tough choice between Warhammer TW and Heroes of Might and Magic III
FPS : Dark Messiah

total war warhammer, bloodbowl, KOTOR, Neverwinter Nights

Probably Neverwinter Nights. It's the closest thing there is to an RPG Maker for WRPGs, and people have made some really great modules, like Tales of Arterra. But I really, really wish I could control my party members directly like you can in NWN2. Huge design mistake on Bioware's part. Meanwhile, NWN2 has far too many other problems that drive me away, as well as a far smaller selection of modules.

Still play this game years later. I fucking remember picking it out in a compusa with my dad. We used to play all the time. Love you dad

I just saw that Blood Bowl 2 is on sale on Steam. Should I get it?

Majesty or Majesty 2?

Unity Of Command. Technically not a Veeky Forums-related game, but I reckon it's close enough to count.

If that's not allowed, then Total Warhams. It's an obvious choice, but it is bloody good. Oh, and it'd be remiss not to mention the two BECAUSE THERE ARE ONLY TWO GAMES SET IN THAT PERIOD, NO OTHERS EXIST KOTOR games.

If you've got people to play with or don't mind playing randoms online, then yeah, absolutely.

Ultimate General: Civil War

Best game I've played in a long time

If you have fellow players. yes.

Hell, a bunch of us 4CC lads are also running a league, with matches sometimes streamed as well.

I don't trust these threads ever since Endless Legend turned out to be utter shit

I was disappointed with it - weirdly, given it was a major selling point that they all play differently, the factions felt surprisingly similar - but I didn't think it was that bad. What didn't you like about it?

A friend of mine recommended Kingdom Come: Deliverance. Any second opinions? It looks good, but I'm hesitant to drop $60.

Fun but has its share of bugs wait a bit for it to be fixed in that regard.

How bad are we talking?

Cool, that's what I was told.

Why did you do this to me, Veeky Forums? Why did you fail?

Blood Bowl 2, DoW1, Kotor games, NWN

If anyone wants to make some, here's the template.

I didn't have time these last few months to write up anything for Autumn and Winter, unfortunately. Maybe if Veeky Forums gets into the Round of 16, I might do it since I'm quitting my job next week, but if someone else wants to do it that's good too.

How bad are we talking here? Like, annoying but persistent bad like Civ VI?

Which one should I get? I'm broke af right now so I can only really buy one.

That ''kroxigor'' looks like a motherfucking street shark

>not saying its dwarf fortress

Blood Bowl, enjoyed playing Dawn of War if only to slaughter Orks with zero mercy, I enjoy Shadowrun Returns and I'm looking forward to the new Battletech.

It was really fucking boring.

Felt like it was 60% of the game they intended. I liked the concept behind combat, for example, much more than another Paradox snoozefest. But combat also felt like it wasn't really fleshed out, you just ran around with your meme unit deathstacks. And you couldn't control ground at all so enemy units could do weird moves to get at your archers or casters unless you sit in the corner or have a choke on the map. And conversely you could do the same to theirs. Was very gamey.

As you mentioned all the factions feel pretty similar despite the claims that they were really different.

Uh...it was a while ago, I don't have that great a memory of what else I didn't like. I guess, like a lot of 4X games, it's boring once you pass that tipping point of power? But even more so than some others.

Oh, and I remember a tremendous number of things being confusing, poorly explained, or simply left out. I hate when games hide shit behind vague wording; when I'm trying to figure out, for example, whether I'm better off with a crit mod % or a base damage buff, I want to know how both actually work.

Also a lot of the gameplay that should be core is locked behind expensive expansion packs.

Autistic screeching?

Different user. Biggest peeve for me was the shitty research system. "Hurr durr let's end the game now"

Hero leveling system too now that I think of it.

This, GBL, and Mercenaries are still the best in the franchise. When I found out that my favourite game also had books, a CCG, pewter minis, and Technical Readouts almost exactly like the manual that came with Mechwarrior 2, I was hooked.

Oh god, the battles, I forgot about those. If you didn't have higher speed (or whatever it was called) than the enemy on every unit it was just a monumental clusterfuck, forcing you to cornercamp to keep your army in any semblance of order.

Baldur's Gate, DoW 2.

Not sure if related, it could be made into a tabletop though: The Banner Saga.

>The Banner Saga

This would make for a pretty cool game, actually. Not sure if board game or RPG would be the better way to go, though.

I'm sorry, user. I tried.

Pretty fucking annoying I can't finish some quests because the quest items (in this particular quest bird traps) keep disappearing and there's no way to finish it while the other traps in my inventory add 4 pounds of weight while not being allowed to remove them.

While archery contests which cost me 10, 30, or 70 groschen (good ole czech money) can't be finished at times due to a bug with the archers not firing and thus the contest can't be finished so you have no chance of winning.

Then there's the lack of optimisation... and other shit I'm sure i've forgotten.

That's terrible. I hope they patch it soon.

Crusader Kings II.

when are we up?

ghost bear's legacy, space marine, xcom eu/ew/2/tftd, dow 2/retribution.

Skyrim and Space Marine

Good news then, chaps: Banner Saga has been made into a tabletop game.

store.megacongames.com/products/the-banner-saga-warbands-game-minis-combo