Horus Heresy General /hhg/

Exothermic Spear of Russ Edition

Old thread >Thread FAQ
pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8

>Official HH 7th Edition Errata (not updated since January 2016)
forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf

>30k TACTICA & TIPS
What to include in a HH list, how to format it, what makes each legion special (crunch), tactics, Tutorials for Heresy-era minis and more
pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp

>HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore
pastebin.com/k9uvqsub
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

>/HHG/'s Legion demographics
strawpoll.me/10558764

>/HHG/'s allegiances
www.strawpoll.me/10663447

>Primarch Popularity Poll
strawpoll.me/11458318

>NEW Mega Folder
mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A

>HH rulebook
>epub
mediafire.com/file/mmr4e1yy7fnyxgy/HH_Rule_Book.epub
>pdf
www34.zippyshare.com/v/3a2haZF4/file.htm

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wmnUpnA4a0Q
www87.zippyshare.com/v/VJwdOKZF/file.html
www39.zippyshare.com/v/arTL08oi/file.html
www97.zippyshare.com/v/GZkuopad/file.html
www80.zippyshare.com/v/XWsvU26q/file.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

First for the IVth

Might as well repost for those that missed it in the last thread, a kind user posted links to the ferrus book here .

So what preference of armor mark do you each have? Do use everything, only one pattern, or do you even mix armor marks on a single model?

I think knowing what each person likes would be pretty cool.

dead game, dead thread

I think most legions have a mark that's a better fit than the others; AL or NL work best in mk IV, whereas fists, IW or IH look better in mk II or III. I'd only mix marks if it was a blackshield or shattered legions force which I had fluffed as being short on supplies.

What happening on pic related? Also who is Erlking from Wolfsbane novel?

My favourite is Mark 3. I wish I could be a full armour autist and have my marines in their proper marks, but the jetbike marines wear Mark 4, so the White Scar upgrade parts end up on Mark 4 arms and legs.

Might as well repost from last thread, this is for a Dark Angels expeditionary force not part of the main legion force, off doing sneaky stuff for Malcador maybe.

>MK2
Default suit, tacs, assaults, seekers, vets.

>MK3
Destroyers, anyone in hardened armour and a volkite support squad.

>MK4
The Praetor and a few vets get it.

>MK5
Suit doesn't feature.

>MK6
Suit doesn't feature, force has no access to it.

>Cataphractii
All terminators.

>Tartaros
Suit doesn't feature, force has no access to it.

Vets get MK2, 3 and 4 suits.

I have nothing newer than MK IV because I want my force to be a Great Crusade army as well as a Heresy force. I don’t really like mixing armor patterns on models and each squad runs a single armor mark.

Not counting officers or similar I have around:
20 MkII
80 MkIII
80 MkIV
10 Cataphractii
5 Tartaros

If I throw in characters and the like those numbers jump a handful of digits each.

I have mad armour autism so everyone is a purist. On the other hand it's a shattered legion so I mix marks within each squad. Raven Guard ftw.

Almost half the force is MKIV, forming most of the tactical/troop roles.
Next biggest is MKVI, forming the majority of recon and seeker elements. Also features prominently in command or sergeant positions.
MKIII is rarer but forms a decent proportion of the assault/siege roles.
MKV is limited and just scattered randomly. Slightly more prominent is assault positions.
MKII is extremely rare and makes up a handful of terran vets too stubborn to change.

Majority of terminators are Tartaros, with a single squad of cataphractii representing the last surviving Deliverers.

On the subject of Dark Angels can anyone provide critique on this Ravenwing list.

2500 points
>HQ
Praetor, jetbike, thunder hammer, paragon blade, iron halo, combi-grenade launcher, stasis shells, digital lasers, rad grenades 255 points

Comand squad, x5 marines, jetbikes, x5 shields, x4 power swords, x1 power fist, x5 acid rounds 435 points

>ELITES
x2 Apothecary, x2 bikes, x2 combi-grenade launcher, x2 stasis shells, x2 rad grenades 170 points

>TROOPS
x6 Skyhunters, meltabombs, x4 acid rounds, x2 volkite culverin 310 points

x6 Skyhunters, meltabombs, x4 acid rounds, x2 volkite culverin 310 points

x6 outriders, sergeant, calibanite warblade, x2 power swords, rad grenades 230 points

x6 outriders, sergeant, calibanite warblade, x2 power swords, rad grenades 230 points

>FAST ATTACK
x2 Javelin 110 points

x4 Land speeder, x4 graviton gun 220 points

>HEAVY SUPPORT
Fire Raptor, hellstrike missiles, autocannons 230 points

My SW use everything from MkII to MkVI (excluding MkV), and from Cataphractii to Indomitus. No mixing.

My DG are made up of MkIIIs with MkII helmets, MkIVs with MkIII helmets (both inspired by old art and sketches), and all their terminators are in Cataphractii.

>MkIVs with MkIII helmets
Is there a more aesthetic combination possible?
no

If there is, I don't want to know about it.

Also, I lied, they also have some MkV heavy support marines. I always forget about them.

Any suggestions on alternate models for mechanicum Tech Thralls?

I need/want to run two blobs of 20 each, and that's just not going to happen with those FW models.

Use AOS ghouls or AOS Cairic cultusts with plenty of bits for converting them.

Some of the new necromunda stuff, maybe? Orlocks with a headswap (no ideas exactly what, but some sort of full-head helmet) could look nice and industrial, if not it might be worth seeing if Van Saar are next in line as they should be fairly techno in style.

Did some more progress on the Teleboy. Almost done. He wrecked a Knight in close combat two weeks ago. All in all, dead killy and a great distraction carnifex.
The model comes with predrilled sockets for magnets in its missile launcher and arms.

Still undecided about the accelerator culverin and the gattling lascannon, though.

Pic related..

v sexy candy red

NEW VIDEO

youtube.com/watch?v=wmnUpnA4a0Q

NEW VIDEO

Some good tips for starting a Blood Angle force here, take a look.

>NEW VIDEO
Yours? Never heard of this channel before.

It's just some autist faggot chilling his shitty slideshows.

Nah, he's alright. It's good to see some guy from here doing something more than saying his primarch is better than yours

Yeah, like "my opinion is better than yours." Haven't seen that on the internet before.

After Malevoilence will BA still have their asscannons spam?

If you need more points efficiency out of your list, drop the Command Squad and stick your Praetor on a ground bike with the Outriders. Expand the Outriders to 9-10 each and give them Meltabombs. Yeah, you have enough anti-tank, but if you somehow end up in combat with a drop-podded Leviathan you'll need the bombs (or, more likely, there's a Dreadnought of some sort between you and your intended target). I'd give each Outrider squad at least one power axe, maybe two (the Apothecaries can take a power sword).

You're wasting a few points by putting artificer-armored dudes on jetbikes that cost extra because they have a 2+ save. I'm also not sold on command squads because they don't score and are pretty small. In an Outrider squad, the Praetor would benefit from your apothecaries.

I assume you're splitting the Land Speeders into two squads of two.

You really don't need Volkite Culverins on the Jetbikes. Nor Meltabombs. If you're in range to use them, you screwed up.

If you want to keep the Command Squad because it looks cool (which it certainly can), at least swap the Meltabombs from the Jetbikes to the Outriders and consider an axe here and there. You don't always need the to-hit bonus more than AP2.

Has FW done massive rollbacks on options?

Life continues to kill me, but I did manage to give my Christmas airbrush a try. First time using one on minis (used to paint model airplanes with a single-action one, like 15 years ago).

I'm not planning on using a Dreadnought in my White Scars army, just thought it'd be a good mini to practice on. Let's say he's Terran, so I didn't go with jags but will on the rest of my army.

Their large size makes them better as tech thralls than militia, and 40k Admech heads should be plentiful on the used market.

They said at the Weekender that they don't want to invalidate options they've already given, but could screw around with the points costs.

>WS dread

Yeah, that's probably the only way to do it. Enjoy those 800pts. assault cannon squads.

Shhh, it's fast attack

I play AL so I like to use IV and VI almost exclusively. Except for the III on my Heavy Support squad

he got so mad when he died that he told them to just stick him in the box that he may exact vengeance

>any model that can take a heavy flamer may instead take an assault cannon for free

He could be a Terran veteran!

I wouldn't be surprised if they kept them free. They're better than heavy flamers, but not by a million miles.

I have a 2500pt list in mind and he's not in it. Maaaaybe in Zone Mortalis or when the black books get to the Siege of Terra. In the Siege he wouldn't be a Terran veteran, but one of the new Terran recruits from after the WS make it there. Distinguishes himself in the first couple of weeks of the Siege, gets gibbed, and with so many Terrans in the legion (plus prodding from Dorn and the Mechanicum representatives on Terra) they stuff a lot of wounded White Scars into these inauspicious walking coffins.

>primary colour red
>secondary colours yellow/gold and black
Blood Angels are commies confirmed.

Are you saying they seize the memes of indoctrination?

HQ - Knight Lancer - 450

Troops - Knight Castigator - 380

HQ - Lord Marshall - 120
Paragon Blade
Displacer Matrix

HQ - Command Squad - 100
Melta
Grenade

Malcador Infernus - 290
Chem Munitions

DT - Dracosan - 165

DT - Dracosan - 165

Troops - Volkite - 115

Troops - Volkite - 115

Troops - Lasrifle - 100

Is this a reasonable TAC list? Aiming for competitive but not cheesy/gimmicky. I have some Rapiers I could swap in too.

200 points btw.

Hey, that's my line!

Oh man, our meta (around 20 people) have taken to 8th edition so badly, that some quit entirely and the larger part has gone over to 30k instead.
Currently we have a thriving Horus Heresy community at my FLGS, and naturally, newbies that start with Warhammer go straight to 30k instead.
It also helps that we have all the red books available for public use at the store, we paid for them with the club.

>Feelsgoodman.jpg

Get your buds together and buy a community Warlord.

>Aiming for competitive but not cheesy/gimmicky. I have some Rapiers I could swap in too.
Two knights in a 2000pt army is cheesy. A Malcador Infernus is any point army is cheesy.

What about anti-air?

My nigga, you just described my exact force to a tee. Also an RG player. Victorus Aut Mortis, user.

Figured the knights could probably handle one or two aircraft. In any case, I'd be willing to let it slide as a weakness since the rest of the army is pretty stronk. Might even take the super meme fuel off the Infernus.

Is two knights really that bad? A full knight army I understand has the issue of "table or be tabled." But two should be manageable with the amount of anti-tank people normally bring in 7th, even with the other armor on field.

With 2000 points, two knights isn't really that bad in my local meta. That's still plenty of points for your opponent to have a decent amount of anti-tank. Three or more below 2500 is generally when the "Fuck Off" factor gets heightened because you can only reasonably bring so much anti-tank before it significantly hampers your list at 2000 points.

Two knights at 2000 is perfectly fine.

Normally I'd agree, but with two dracosians and a malcador (all of which have a decent amount of HP) also in the list I think you're getting into dick-move levels of armour. Like, those aren't rhino-equivalents to be blown away by a bit of autocannon fire, you've got a lot of vehicles that'll each need fairly serious anti-tank to shift. I'm just not sure your list is "managable" for normal levels of anti-tank, basically.

Eh, the Dracosans aren't even superheavies. Side armor 12, and they've got really long sides to shoot at. Two 5-man or one 10-man AC team has a pretty good chance of glancing one to death.

Exact opposite here, everyone jump ship to 8th honestly the only thing I even slightly miss about 7th was templates

My LGS has also largely dumped 8th, for about 6 different games--Guildball being the lead one currently, though it keeps trading off with X-Wing. It helps that there has not been a coherent GW crowd since 6th hit.

Russ is having a vision of the Wolftime, specifically Abaddon striking down the Emperor

>I did not hit her! It's not true, it's bullshit, I did not hit here, I did naaahht. Oh hai Bjorn

he saw the Wulfen

If the Wulfen looked even half that awesome, I would be okay that whole expansion.

If FW was going to do model and rules for single character from Crusade who died before heresy, who would you like to see?
For me Akurduana, best champion of EC ever.
FW would never do that

What would the flower shop lady being selling to Russ instead of flowers

Rewrite the entire scene to be about Nikaea.

See it could work but the problem is that Tommy Wiseau HAS to be the Emperor.

Bull, only man brutal enough to conquer Terra and turn back the old night is Nathan Explosion.

This also explains many of his more questionable decisions.

>implying Nathan Explosion and Tommy Wiseau and the God-Emperor are not one and the same

EC player, it varies by role for me.
>Average joes
Mk II
>Elites, veterans, and officers
Mk IV
>Heavy infantry (breachers, anyone with hardened armour)
Mk III

If used blackshields or raw raw recruits (like inducted during the heresy) I would give them Mk V. Aesthetically I prefer Mk IV for finesse/aesthetic focus troops and legions (eg. Emperor's Children, Ultramarines, Blood Angels) and Mk V for the more savage troops and legions (eg. World Eaters, Space Wolves).

I'm really digging that paint job so far. The red line on the shoulder is giving me some good Mass Effect flashbacks. Haven't thought good things about that franchise in a long time either.

Is there any place compiling the news from the weekender? All I can seem to find is the Warhammer Community page announcing the termite and bigger termite.

I'm starting to really dig my teeth into 30K, so pic related.

...dorn?

Garro on Facebook and the Battlebunnies site have good coverage of most events so check them out

Anything you’d do to make this Jetbike model look more like a Praetor?

How long till Emperor model and how insane will he be

Probably change the helmet. A regular Mk IV helmet is too generic for a praetor

Banners?

10/10 Would get massacred with.

That Iron Hands pilot they interred in a Ziphon.

And Delvarus too.

The helmet is fine but the BA helmets do look pretty fucking cool man. Consider ordering one from a Bitz site? As for the bike itself, nah, it's probably fine. Adding some tasteful streamers or something could either make it super dynamic or awfully overdone. Your call.

Cassian draco

Arkhas Fal would be great.
XIX Legion Master, used his warriors like Sons of Horus / Night Lords.
Changes allies matrix, changes LA to be more brutal and being a melee monster.

Here
>The Board is Set
www87.zippyshare.com/v/VJwdOKZF/file.html
>Ordo Sinister
www39.zippyshare.com/v/arTL08oi/file.html
>Fulgrim The Palatine Phoenix
www97.zippyshare.com/v/GZkuopad/file.html
>Fabius Bile Clonelord
www80.zippyshare.com/v/XWsvU26q/file.html

Handsomeur Sejanus. As part of a diorama with Abaddon, Torgaddon and Little Horus, just bro-ing it up.

All of them fucking about and wrestling like in Horus Rising.

Anyone got datasheets/profiles for super-heavies that aren't in the 30k books? Crassus, Macharius and the like. I've heard it's spread around behind the RFI donation-wall with nice looking red-book style pages.

oohhh baby that looks nice, gorgeous gold colour and the candy red shoulders are dope

how did you do the gold armour and the red shoulders if you dont mind? i forgot to ask in my last post

Enoch Rathvine. The one and only non-cringeworthy Space Wolf.

They are in IA Imperial Guard book and IA Apocalypse books.

Thanks for the info.

I'm mostly looking for those datasheets but HH book style so I don't have to go to the effort to make them myself.

So Pickles fell to Slanesh, Murderface to Nurgle, Toki fell to Khorne (remember when he beat a guy in the audience to death with his bare hands for shouting next to him?), and Skwisgar fell to Tzeench for some reason, while the CEO/head of security/agent whose name I forget is Malcador

Kor Phaeron or Erberus?

How did pickles fell to slaanesh and not skwisgar?

Actually yeah, Skisgar would be better for Slaanesh, due to him wanting to be the best guitarist ever, and having sex with any female ever. Kinda like Lucius except actually good at what he does

Toki for Tzeench.

Got my package from Mother Russia.
I wanted the limited chaplain so I decided to get a Leviathan to get the Free Postage.

Really really happy with that one. The main body is top fucking notch, and the melta is very good as well. The claw is made from a greyer, different resin, but it's still very good quality.

The limited chaplain is perfect as well.

Fuck me I'm happy.

Sorry about the big ass picture, I just want to make sure everyone can check the details if they want to see what it looks like. A bit of flash here and there but not a single significant mold slip.

But the Shade Lord didn't die before the Heresy, void brother.

user, you wouldn't possibly have links for Myriad and Konrad Curze: A Lesson in Darkness, would you?

The plastic skitarii with some gun conversion should work. Cheapish too.

Skitarii HH rules when?