Weeb TCG General

It's ban time boys
fowtcg.com/news/20180302
Lots of FTK stuff for Wanderer is banned
Pic related banned in New Frontiers
Counterpart Severing Winds banned in Wanderer

Yu-Gi-Oh!
>Veeky Forums has its own YGO general thread (/dng/), with plenty of room in the OP for all of the available YGO resources
>can still chat here if you want

Cardfight!! Vanguard
>Official CFV card database. Works pretty well, only has cards released in English.
cf-vanguard.com/en/cardlist/cardsearch
>CFV major tournament decklists:
International: cf-vanguard.com/en/cardlist/deckrecipe/
Japanese: cf-vanguard.com/deckrecipe/
>CFV news source:
cardfightcoalition.com/
>Free, fanmade online simulator:
cardfight.ru/cf-area

Force of Will
>Official Site
fowtcg.com/
>Card Database
db.fowtcg.us/

Future Card Buddyfight
>Official BF card database. Works pretty well, only has cards released in English.
fc-buddyfight.com/en/cardlist/list/
>BF major tournament decklists:
International: fc-buddyfight.com/en/cardlist/deckrecipe/
Japanese: fc-buddyfight.com/cardlist/deckrecipe/
>BF news source:
buddyspoiler.com/
>Free, fanmade online simulator:
cardfight.ru/buddyfighten

Dragon Ball Super
>Official website (Card List/Search, Rules, FAQ, Errata, Tournament Rules, Card Rulings, etc.):
dbs-cardgame.com
>Free tutorial/demo app
dbs-cardgame.com/application/
>Play online through OCTGN and Tabletop Simulator
reddit.com/r/DBS_CardGame/wiki/index#wiki_online

Wixoss
>Free, fanmade browser-based online simulator:
webxoss.com/

Weiss Schwarz
>Full card database and translations:
heartofthecards.com/code/cardlist.html?pagetype=ws

Thread question: Are the FoW bannings good at all? What's your outlook on the future of some of these TCGs?

Other urls found in this thread:

fast.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2018-03-02/luck-and-logic-card-game-to-stop-new-releases-this-year/.128404
discord.gg/ABATJQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Bumping so more could see later.

I haven't played Wixoss since the movie decks came out, how do I get back into playing?
I played Yuki,Ulith and Anne

Not too sure, but unless you have an actual physical scene, webxoss has been lagging a lotits updates, so you can probably just hop back in and not be too embarrassed (and Wixoss is usually pretty good at throwing old LRIGs a few bones in recent sets). Also, new series coming up in spring, which means a bunch of new LRIGs to build with if you want to try someone new but aren't sure where to start.

It's a bit pedantic, but I miss when the OP was just a list of questions, rather than a wall of resources. Having the resources is important, but it doesn't really invite discussion. Just a personal opinion, but I think it's more inviting to have an OP like:

Weeb tcg time! Let's:
Share our thoughts on the FoW bans,
eulogize Luck & Logic, for it is dead,
discuss how Dragoborne is doing, and if anyone is actually playing it,
analyze whether Casters Chronicles has fixed its supply issues, or whether set 1 is still chronically out of print,
consider the meta of Weiss Schwarz or just argue about waifus,
and/or celebrate the upcoming release of a new Wixoss anime and speculate what the new LRIGs may be.

Anyway, hope we have some good discussion here, I've been tempted to put one of these up myself.

Also:
>pick related is banned in New Frontiers
The banhammer stretches pretty far these days.

In case anyone missed it, Luck and Logic is DEAD.
fast.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2018-03-02/luck-and-logic-card-game-to-stop-new-releases-this-year/.128404

You guys sad about this, or was this just expected? I still have a bunch of the cards around, and I still pull out the starters every now and again. Still, the game felt a little too homogenized, so I'm not surprised to see it die, but it's still kind of sad. I can respect any weeb tcg that has decent rules and is willing to take a chance on an english release.

How badly did the 03 set messed up the DBS game? And how likely is the game to fall at this point, like these type of statements are based on something or are just doomsayers saying that the game will die as always?

FOX DID NOTHING WRONG.
Free my husbando in wanderer.

Haven't been following DBS lately. What's going on with it?

Spike Bros for best flavor text.

Also seems the current word is the new mechanic won't utilize the G Zone.
Watch as they just wash the slate like from Legion into G Era and wonder why they see a huge dip in participation outside Japan.

How do I play the vanguard equivalent of mtg eggs?

I don't know much either. That's why the question, I work with a partner on a LGS and these rumors about DBS having a bad run is starting to set off some alarms, I mean is well know that JTCG aren't expected to live for long due or I'm wrong?

Well so much for Otherworld Dreams being a budget alternative to Severing Winds.

First time starting the thread so I was unsure on what to do. If you read the first few sentences then thread question I did cover the banning.

Well if they're just for a cashgrab like DBS and such they won't live long. Vanguard has lived for quite some time and same with Duel Masters.

I did notice it, but it was buried under the weight of all the links. Although don't worry about it too much, like I said, that's more personal preference.
As the user who edited the OP image for an earlier thread, I'm happy to see it still being used.

It'll probably come back when Severing rotates out of standard.

Personally I'm kind of okay with Otherworld being the one that got the ban because I just spent the money on a Severing for my Ayu deck. I would've been really mad if its value suddenly tanked.

Sort of expected

We will probably find out within two weeks when BSR announces the new series, but I'm banking on G-Zone will probably stay relevant since they probably realized the huge dip and how they basically screwed up the supports in early G Era

Anyone else /FoW/ here and going to a prerelease this weekend?

I would if any store near me even carried the game

We pulled 3 ubers at the pre-release. It seems that the secret is uber

The eternal pain of Weeb TCGs

Too bad they're in spic-speak!

It's pasta

I went to mine, but they basically just run it as "Buy six boosters and enter a raffle for the playmat." No official Sealed tournament or anything.

I won the playmat.

I got a full art Variant White Sacred Beast which was super disappointing since it really isn't that good, but is going to be absurdly rare. My friend I went with got a full art Grimm which I was insanely jealous of because I play Reiya (and Ayu).

I wish the two LGSes near me supported it.

Keep supporting the game based Italia ;_;7

So now that FoW seems to have really tightened up as a game, I want to get back into playing- probably Wanderer, since my favorite card is my Uber Sylvia and I want to keep playing her. Speaking of her, what would you recommend for her deck these days?

discord.gg/ABATJQ

I haven't been part of the game long enough, but how was Sylvia played beforehand?

I honestly don't get why people post discord rooms in Veeky Forums threads. What's the point? Anything that can be discussed in one can be discussed in the other. I'm not even necessarily criticizing it, I'm just very confused.

Bushiroad games

Should've seen it coming son. No way they can support 20 card games at a time

She was pretty simple in my old decklist- mostly red stuff, Lancelots and Guineveres, and a few wind-element combat tricks like Rapid Growth, Beastly Attack, and Wind-Secluded Refuge Had a Playset of Pursuant Pricia in it, and the obvious Laevs and Deathscythes. Just a bunch of high-speed aggro stuff.

>How badly did the 03 set messed up the DBS game?
It didn't, it's just that everything is broken when you use a leader who makes playing a bunch of certain cards free. Mecha Frieza will be errata'd to once per turn then the meta will be healthy again.

Although I am quite mad for getting a fucking common alt-art reprint as one of my rares IN EACH PACK, Ouroboros-chan is my waifu.

>not sucking her own toe
Does this Ouro even boros?

So, FoW or Wixoss?

FoW.

>sucking her own toe
>Shoujo Ramune 4 came out today.

WHOAH THERE, user.
My dick can only get so hard today

SR got a fourth episode? Awesome.

Are the bans out yet?

What's wrong user, where did Mr. Manascrew and Mrs. Manaflood touch you?

Read the OP.

I can't play Wixoss because I don't know Japanese.

They were announced yesterday but they go into effect next Friday when the set officially releases.

You can still get mana screwed in FoW if you play three or more colors.

>manascrewed in a MTG-impostor with a separate baby land deck

lamesauce.

MTG doesn't have the waifus. FoW has the waifus. Ergo FoW>MTG.

Great, I guess I'll start doing research and brewing for Wanderer. Is booty cat still good?

I'd assume so.

>the upcoming release of a new Wixoss anime

Do tell me more, user.

Time to finally drop $300 on a playset of """misprints"" then.

I barely realized what you were inferring, but I play Cube, EDH and Highlander for MTG. I'd play more Legacy if there was more than Leovold, play Lands there.

I have one, still gotta find the other 4. Great shit.

>the other 4
Don't you only need 4 copies?

Meant 3, mistyped. Even though I did pull the second printing of it, I'd like a playset of her booty. I have a playset of Zero's Booty art too.

Zero had booty art too?

Yep, skirtless promo. She is thicc

so what does the new force of will meta look like after the bans

Maybe machines will finally be good.

>Cube, EDH and Highlander for MTG.

Too poor to play a real format?

> I'd play more Legacy if there was more than Leovold, play Lands there.
Illiterate much?

Still, too much of a wuss to fight off the meta?

Just got into FoW. What's the best Fire ruler out? Trying to build something fun but all I have is a frankenstein'd Melgis-Faria deck. Could use extra options, only other customization will be once the TSW box arrives (split between the only three people in my town who play, so 12 boosters a head)

I think Kirik is a good one at the moment, Lucia is great.

*Lumia, although that's usually played with 4-5 colors iirc.

I think Frayla might finally make a dent in the NF meta with TSW. Scarlet's magic stone works really well with her and the new 1-drop Dark Elf that drops another Dark Elf in your GY to be recycled with Frayla's Ruler ability lets her be more consistent and aggressive. I don't know what her top end looks like, though. Mostly because I don't think Hilda and Saffina is a good card.

I also think the new Lost Tomes Gill Alhama'at is going to be the new meme Ruler like Ayu is now, but maybe less good and definitely less expensive.

And I'm willing to bet Shaela's about to become really good.

In NF I'm going to second Kirik, especially with his Sealed Item unlocked. Scarlet has potential too. Nyarlathotep is still playable and offers a ton of flexibility in how you build her.

ded

Just like a lot of FoW scenes

Don't I fuckin' know it. I live in fucking New York, and I haven't been able to find another player since before ENW.

Not much to tell at this point. There was an OVA episode that was never translated, and this key image suggesting a lot more Piruluk, and that's about all we have so far. Should be airing in the spring season, though, so only another month or so to wait.

>It is dead even in big cities

I'm curious if there are any LGS there that even sells cards from the latest FoW sets, basically no stores in Toronto sell singles after the scene cratered

None of the new sets- there are still a bunch of shops with clearanced SKL boosters, though. The only place I EVER saw doing events was CardQuest in Fordham and the community there dropped it for DB Super. It's a shame because it's genuinely my favorite game, and I'd drop my Magic habit of 15 years in a heartbeat if I could find a group.

I really don't understand the appeal of Dragonball, both as an anime and as a tcg. I suppose I'm a minority, though; the tcg seems to be doing well enough. Even my LGS, that never stocked a single booster of FoW, has Dragonball starter decks in stock.

Dragonball is just more recognizable and easily defendable from people who are insecure about themselves with "Well everyone heard of Dragonball and probably watched it as a kid so its not weeby lol" or something like that.

Still kinda disappointed that the FoW anime got canceled iirc, might have been useful for worldbuilding and for bringing in appeal.

>might have been useful for worldbuilding
I feel like it was cancelled because it wasn't; it was a collection of shorts that had little if anything to do with the actual, ongoing story of FoW so they canned it but many of the shorts remain on schedule from their creators, released of any connection with FoW.

Hopefully this could get us an actual FoW anime that follows the story and design of the game... seems kind of a miss that they don't have one.

Would the anime have been about the story or be like YGO/CFV where people play the game?

I do hope they plan for one that is about the story, hell transcribing the current story to anime form wouldn't be too bad right?

Apparently it would have been neither, so maybe a bullet dodge if anything.

>transcribing the current story to anime form wouldn't be too bad right?
Some of the sets, especially earlier, aren't told the best in their current stories... but the overall structure between sets and cards has a very anime structure to it. You could either start with Grimm (briefly) and follow into Alice and Lapis like the sets, or start with the much more defined story in Reiya cluster. I'd love to see anime takes on the likes of Dark Alice, Valentina, Lapis, and Pricia... I think they could be damn cool... but there's only so much 12 episodes can cover if that's what they start with.
Granted you could probably cover CMF/Castle/MPR in 3 or 4 episodes to set up the corruption of fairy tales, have the duel of the little reds, and seal the cthulhus, then if you used Alice as PoV through that drop right into Alice Cluster. There, At least you need an episode to meet and gather the kings, another to meet Dark Alice kill the seven kings and establish where Pricia, Marybell, and Alice end up. A third covers Valentina's conquest of the seven realms, Alice versus Dark Alice, and Shion's background and meeting with team pricia. Fourth could get Sylvia, Merged alice, Kaguya, and the start of the rebellion. Fourth for Vel Savaria and taking down valentina. Fifth for BFA, introing charolette for reals and getting the world destroyed. But that would leave only four episodes for Lapis cluster if you want to catch up, and frankly it's even more intricate and Alhama'at deserves some screen time. So, without rushing things to the point of botching them you'd need a season for Grimm/Alice, a season for Lapis, and then you're on to Reiya and after. Which isn't totally absurd, some animes get double-fisted 24 episode seasons to start, and I do think the plot would adapt well since it has pretty constant action beats and rarely if ever gets too wrapped up in trying to explain game mechanics.

I never got into FoW, are machines good yet?

>machines good yet?
You missed the boat by like a year and a half. Machina OTK was a thing and consistent as fuck.

fug

At least one of my LGS in Wichita still sells it, but the scene has been dead since post R/R.

When DBZ first aired in the west, there weren't really many other violent, serialized cartoons for kids. It was different, and it left a lasting impression on the kids who watched it at the time.

The recent revival of Dragon Ball, including the Super card game, banks a bit on nostalgia from the now adult demographic that watched DBZ as a kid. At least in the west. In Japan Dragon Ball had a huge cultural impact that never really went away.

Should I buy playsets of all the FoW duals?

>and as a tcg
I like the Duel Masters life system, I like the leader system, and I like how cheap it is to play. I top 3 every locals with a Golden Frieza deck I paid less than $80 for, and these aren't shit locals you can do well with meme shit in either.

If you want to play FoW, consider it. Or get one or more sets of Vingolf 2 if you find them on the cheap.

I mean, it's only like $80 total to get full NM foil playsets. I just can't find more than 3 foil copies of Black Silence.

That's probably because of Fox. Feel free to cheap out and just get a Vingolf one just to have a playset for now. Or splurge big on a CMF full-art.

The Vingolf are so shit though. Guess I'll live.

I was actually really disappointed in Time Spinning Witch. I liked the look of the new rulers, but most of their support felt way too weak sauce. A good 2/3 of the set feels like draft chaff that won't see play in constructed formats. I'm actually more hype for Kirik, Shaela, and Alhama'at. I hope R4 gives Gill more decent Historical stuff and something else to do with his Fate counters. I'm thinking about picking up R/G Kirik aggro. Would've picked up Scheherazade (my girl) or Scarlet if either of them had gotten fun support.

So what's Wanderer format like in FoW going to look like now? I avoided it before because I had heard some bad things, but the bans look promising.

>Another torontonian
my nigga

Honestly I don't think Gill needs much else to do with his Fate counters. Field wipes are extremely powerful. He could use some other Historicals, though, if only so the most effective Gill deck isn't just the precon.

I think Scarlet is looking pretty good. There are some pretty good, aggressive dinos from the past couple sets she can make use of, and she can turn literally any card in her deck into a 1-cost burn spell. Hell, she doesn't even need to lean on Dinosaurs too strongly, and can just use good aggro cards.

Scarlet herself is good, but I wish she would've gotten some other cool cards within the set to make use of her mechanics. Using dinos seems really weird, especially with Cthulhus in the same set. What I don't like about Gill's Fate counters is that they don't matter most of the time. His boardwipe is conditional and it requires you to wait until at least turn 6. I wouldn't do a lot with them, but maybe some small tricks.

>Using dinos seems really weird, especially with Cthulhus in the same set.
Well there weren't any other Cthulhus in Reiya Cluster until now. Unlike previous clusters (or at least the last cluster, I haven't really been playing long enough to speak for clusters before that), Reiya cluster is spreading out the support for individual Rulers across the set. And apparently that includes retroactively, for Scarlet.

>just spent 200 finishing a fucking nova deck
>a fucking nova grappler deck
Of all fucking things, ive never spent so much on a goddamn nova deck. I hate bandwagoners for goddamn fucking up the prices on my main deck.
Atleast nova is solid as hell now but fuck the niggas for making this a 40-50 dollar card

At least the art is spiffy, I do like a lot of the mecha art in CfV, even if I think the game is just okay.

>game is okay
True, its a timmy game and thats the primary reason why i started playing competitive anime solitaire since it hit everything i like. I play it casually with my close friends since we all miss our highschool days when we played tcgs but we dont invest as much time as we used to so we moved onto cfv since its simplistic, fanncy, and shiny.
Also best card art in the game

To FoW players-
Have you ever pulled an Uber in a single booster? What was it like for you?

What are the weeb TCG with the biggest following excluding Yugioh? I want to look into possibly getting into some.