Verdict?

Alright guys, what's the hot take?
It markets itself as a "retro-clone spiritual successor to Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay", Does it do a good job? What does it do better? What does it do worse?

Attached: Zweihander.png (899x1234, 1.45M)

Other urls found in this thread:

cubicle7.co.uk/warhammer-fantasy-roleplay-fourth-edition-news/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I like it. But I haven't played it much

It’s a steaming pile. Much like its thieving “creator.”

t. Salty Warhammer fag

3rd edition screwed the pooch & other people stepped in to give us the same feel with out all the lore bloat. It's like Pathfinder, don't hate it just because it picked up a fanbase

The creator is a cunt. The work is beyond derivative into downright plagiarism. Being salty has nothing to do with it.

I've heard it does a decent job of replicating/updating WHFRP 2e, but the creator is kind of a cunt.

You certainly sound salty.

Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

It has enough good and enough bad in it that it all balances out to a big shrug.

Decent attempt and semingly cool but very aggressive/probably-advertised-his-own-game-posing-as-an-anonymous-person marketing creator, but everything it does WFRP 1e/2e do better.

Attached: 1521326552250.png (640x532, 533K)

>the creator is kind of a cunt
If you read the flavour text for stuff like the warhammer and zweihander it's pretty cunty, seems tongue in cheek though.

It's not about the game. He actively googles his game and attacks people for even thinking of sharing it, along with getting arsey in threads about it if people criticise it.

The general accusation is that he posts "anonymously" and hides the fact he made the game while both advertising it and defending it on forums, and supposedly searches the internet for mentions of the game to comment on them.

No idea how much is true and how much is false, but he has at least acknowledged himself that he did push the game on online forums a little too hard.

So let's not talk about the creator &let's talk about the game

Not much to say. It's a solid rework of WHFRP 2e. Does the same thing, but a bit cleaned up and overall a bit better.

WFRP2E is widely available and "free".

Hell, Cubicle7 did a nice humble bundle for WRFP 2E. I paid like $20 and got all the 2E PDFs and a PDF of 1E that was super clean compared to what'd you find around here.

4E is coming this summer. I don't see the point in getting the homebrew with serial numbers filed off version.

This times a million.

>lore bloat
The lore is the best part of the game

3rd edition best edition

>this summer
Source? I actually knew that but forgot where I read it from.

It's fine, but there's literally no reason to play it over the original; It's cheaper to buy, more widely played and known, has much more content and has better fluff

>cubicle7.co.uk/warhammer-fantasy-roleplay-fourth-edition-news/

“The release date of Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay Fourth Edition will be set for mid-2018, with a specific date to be set in a few months. Thank you for your patience while we invest the time to make the best game we can.”

If it wasn't easy to get WFRP2E+supplements for free I would recommend it, but only if you pirated it; the writer is a piece of shit.

There’s even a starter kit, IIRC

Isn't this the one that's about race wars and killing jews?

That's MYFAROG, which is also shit.

If that complaint is about 4chancits fucking stupid - everyone posts “””anonymously”””

>what is OSR, D&D, RPG in general
Dude our whole hobby is built off a derivation from some group of grogs 40-something years ago.

Now can we actually talk about the game instead of these bs straw boys

ITT: Daniel Fox arguing with maybe two other other anons.

Go away, Daniel. Go and stay go. But keep on doxxing the RPG Pundit, because he's an even bigger cunt than you are, and that shit's fucking hilarious.

OP here
I few mixed opinions but one thing is definitely unanimous, the writer is a dick?
I'll probably acquire it to see for myself, if I can't I'll probably buy it and scrub it for others to find it. Maybe throw it at Da Archive.

BEGONE DANIEL

Generally speaking, people say if you wish WFRP gave more class-like features, it's better.
if you appreciated WFRP for the fact that it wasn't a class based system, you'll find it a bit weird in that change.

I like the story that Daniel gave the C7-designers a copy of Zweihänder as a gift, and after reading it they decided to delay the release of WFRP4 to make it better.
Fills me with confidence, it does.

>Hell, Cubicle7 did a nice humble bundle for WRFP 2E. I paid like $20 and got all the 2E PDFs and a PDF of 1E that was super clean compared to what'd you find around here.

>It's over.

Fuck

Attached: wojak.jpg (1600x900, 53K)

Sadly its banned on Da Archive because Daniel is DCMA happy.

A weird behavior for someone who wrote a wholesale ripoff.

I like the story where Daniel was Uncle Kev’s travel buddy to Thailand and they wasted all the Robotech money banging traps. Hilarious.

Stick with WFRP 2E. Superior system and lore. If you’re looking for a change, try SotDL.

It's the closeted gay muslim gunning down a gay bar again. Those who are guilty of crimes tend to be hyper aware of it being carried out.

It's shit, and the only creator to get banned from RPGnet for shilling his own product so incessantly.

>Superior system

No, just no. The system is shit. If you like d100, use Runequest/Mythras

I'm moderately pleased that I managed to grab a copy when, for a few hours, apparently, it was handed out for free on DTRPG. It's like having a PDF of my old WFRP books so I don't have to look for them all over the place. Would I have gotten it if I'd still had to pay money? Almost certainly no. It's not as "shit" as it's made to be but it's just so derivative that if you already have WFRP there's no point and if you don't you might as well go with the original (also, I know it's a tiny, tiny, tiny comment but it really pisses me off for some reason there are no longer trapping lists on the careers. It really irks my autism for some reason, I wanted to know that I start with a pistol and 10 bullets OR a main-gauche, dammit!)

I gotta join the choir here though and say this is a good example of aggressive marketing and an involved developer going terribly, terribly wrong. I'm not one for thinking about "what could have been" but I have a strong feeling the game would've been doing better nowadays if Daniel hasn't been so obnoxious about it. He definitely lost a whole bunch of sympathy from the chans when he shut down the Great 7chan PDF Share Thread (essentially killing the board in the process), and who knows how many potential customers that cost him?

It doesn't explicitly use Warhammer lore. That's a selling point for some.

Don't. Before blowing up another chan scrubbed and updated the pdf with official errata that still isn't included in the shop version. The pirate pdf floating around is literally more up to date than the legal one.

>I wanted to know that I start with a pistol and 10 bullets OR a main-gauche

Well, it IS Zweihander after all, so basically anything besides your bare fists and the actual Zweihander is pretty much useless. Dishonorable mention goes to the Pistol, which is only marginally less usless than the Pistol from WFRP 1e, which was a mistake that game made in the 80s. Zwei has no excuse yet holy heck its guns are atrociously bad.

It might as well. You literally have every beat in there. Rats, Beastmen, Chaos, bunch of German imperial types.

It's like original D&D where it was basically a Tolkien ripoff right down to Hobbits and Balrogs. It doesn't EXPLICITLY copy Warhammer lore, though, but it's inferred very very very heavily.

By the way, how do you pronounce Zweihander?

For that honestly people would do better to wait for 4th edition. At least I am doing that, G&P doesn't look nice but it doesn't strike me as too eye catchy.

Zwei (rhymes with 'eye', add some 's' to the hard 'z' sound, pronounce the 'w' like a 'v')
hand (rhymes with 'pond')
er (like you forgot what you were saying)

But it does explicitly copy the lore. And the artwork! There’s a flat out skaven plague monk in there ffs

You keep Warhammer lore fanatics away though.

You pronounce it "Awesome"

You mean “Ass”

Underwhelming, for that shit play mythras or the old warhammer fantasy.

Except it's 'Zweihänder', not 'Zweihander', and 'händ' rhymes with 'end'.

Being banned from RPG.net is badge of honour, user. It says "I might be retarded, but at least I'm not that fucking retarded" in gold letters.
Getting banned for shilling is tainting it.

What if you've never posted on RPG.net in the first place?

Ah so this is why everything thinks hes a cunt, because everyone just assumes if you defend a game online then you are obviously it's creator.

There's honour in that too.

Kev wouldn't bang a trap because traps aren't gay.

No, he really is a giant cunt. Walking pair of hairy lips. True story.

Yes Daniel.

It lets you play Warhammer Fantasy, but you don't have to keep supplying money to the gigantic shit stain of a company that is games workshop in exchange for overpriced garbage.

Win-win in my book. Also the social mechanics are cool.

Attached: 1501811977493.png (5161x4754, 483K)

I don’t make the shit up, user. I just pass on what’s been said online for like a couple of years now.

Not sure if he lost many customers. On drivethrurpg it has over a hundred ratings and Platinum.

You say WHFB RPG 4e will come, but if it's FB, it means the old setting?
Didn't they pull the plug on it?

Attack!

It's a good game and constantly goes on sale, guaranteed all the people calling Daniel a dick are salty pirates from Da Archive.

Why else are all the complaints soley about the creator rather than the actual system?

Attached: stock-photo-old-asian-pirate-woman-309889718.jpg (313x470, 56K)

They made RPG for both settings, an AoS one and a WF one

Again

Cube 7 is also doing an AoS rpg that's seperate.

FB just doesn't have a wargame the IP is still being dealt out for games.

Yeah, but you need to keep supplying money to a gigantic shitstain of a person, instead, and that person hasn't delivered me nearly as many hours of fun inbetween being shit.

i run it with the witcher setting. i daresay its better at being an open source 'grimdark' system than being a warhammer one. which is why i like it.

Exactly. The website has all kinds of grim & perilous settings to use.

Did you not read the rules? They have a section for nuanced weapon stats. This is like complaining that there are no feats in 5th edition.

Where might one acquire that?

What is the latest news on it? Do we have previews of professions? Armor? Combat? It's supposed to release soon but I haven't seen anything from it

The creator doesn’t even use it for Warhammer. He apparently was using wfrp 1e and 2e for his own homebrew, and decided to adapt it into an open source ruleset. In his interview with Adam
Koebel interview says that using Warhammer was a marketing tactic b/c 3e sucked and there wasn’t a comparable system out. So viola, enters Zweihander.

This. I’ve enjoyed Zweihander quite a bit with my Black Company campaign. And the Witcher stuff that Zweihander has slated for the next book “Main Gauche” sounds killer.

Will Main Gauche have more magic options?

Yep Demon magic

Where can I find this info?

WarhammerFantasyRoleplay Dot Com

One thing people keep saying about him is he's DMC crazy, will destroy archives and shut down share threads but my research into it says he ask for the link to his game be removed and the mods were all like "OK!" then went overboard.

It's like asking your neighbor to trim his tree because the beaches are over the fence and leaves are falling on your lawn. So their solution is to cut down the tree and everyone blames you for the trees death instead of the neighbor.

Any chance somebody shares Zwei supplements? Is there a trove perhaps?

Talking about Main Gauche, user

>7th sense
>is actually smell
What the fuck am I reading?

.....Literally what would you do in a AoS RPG? Would you have adventures in the slums and palaces and red light districts of the big space station orbiting the Old World's core?

Ever heard of the Witcher? That’s the inspiration according to an old interview.

So it is borrowed retardation, gotcha.

I can't speak to the creator, but it is super-derivative

Hit Points < Thresholds, gimme simple any dang ol day.

Eat a bag of dicks, Daniel.

I really like the thresholds. It's way better than GO & the peril one is nice for stress & spooky making a character crack rather than wounds

The premise is pretty shitty anyway.

it's mechanically alright but it lacks the actual flavor of warhammer which is what interests me in WHFRP in the first place. retroclones work for D&D because there isn't really a setting that defines the game as a whole.

Your first mistake was assuming it’s only a wfrp retroclone. It explicitly states up front that it’s a grimdark system suited for authored works. Wfrp is barely a footnote in the entire introduction.

No, first mistake was wasting time on this steaming pile.

I thought the AoS one was due for summer

Shit just like the shit author.

So much salt in this thread

Hunting super megabeasts in the realm of Ghyran while being hunted in turn by Orks or Ogres
Completing a bargain made with Sylaventh who threatened to stop letting your town harvest wood and stop the exaggerated growth of plant life near the town thusly starving it's growth and strangling it to death unless you free their brethren from chaos shits
Dealing with Kharadron in the heights of Chamon while Tzzenchian cultist plot and maneuver to bring them (And you) down
Fighting off Slanesshi bands as they try to pierce the veil of Ulghu and locate their tortured god
Being sent on an expedition from High Azyr to reclaim a lost settlement/artifacts/lore
Searching for the Eight Lamentations for reforging by Grungi or for your own use
Patrolling Excelsis
Protecting excavations in Greywater fastness from angry and wrathful Slyvaneth
Fucking a Dark Aelf

There's a lot of shit desu

Attached: 1521341340214.png (1127x629, 1.44M)

D&D feats are optional supplements.

It should not be an optional supplement to fix fists being better than swords and axes or to make pistols better than throwing small rocks at people.

I’ve played four toons since early beta well into advanced tier. I can assure you no one around our table thot it was broke, or felt fists were as deadly as Warhammers and real weapons. Qualities distinguish weapons from one another, specially when tacked on with traits and talents.

So shitty it’s a top seller on DTRPG huh? While you edgelords are pretending that your elfgames are better than other elfgames, this “shit” is raking it in.

He’s also got a DMGuild thing going on soon with RPGNow I read on their Twitter. His game might not be your favorite but it has clearly got a large following.

Hi Daniel. I actually quite like your game. But you really are an utter cunt.

Do I need the cards or can I just get the rulebook and character folio?