Warhammer 40K Novels and Discussion

General Warhammer 40K thread I guess. Favorite chapters, Tau vs Imperium, etc.

I would really love a link to download an epub for Helsreach, Eisenhorn, and Nightbringer. I've looked for all three for quite some time and now am turning to you guys.

Attached: Chaplain_Grimaldus_&_Emperor's_Champion.jpg (1741x1006, 431K)

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q
mega.nz/#F!SJ8VFJxC!V2rD0wWIO4ye10AZ9PDzMg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Prospero Burns is the best HH novel. You cant deny that

It looks interesting, I plan on reading it after I read A Thousand Sons

I dont get how anyone can defend the Thousand sons after ATS and PB. Know No Fear is great as well, really makes the Ultras likeable for once. Also shows what a giant pussy Lorgar is.

>I dont get how anyone can defend the Thousand sons after ATS and PB.

Where it was proven beyond any doubt that they did nothing wrong?

Just picked up the Night Lords omnibus
Great start desu. Books pretty good

How heretical would it be for guardsmen to take trophies like weapons and armor to display on vehicles and such?

I just read the books Rogue Star and Star of Damocles by Hoare. They were garbage. Are there any good rogue trader books?

is it good?

Attached: FF675783-1CEA-4933-9A7A-F0E59E2B2714.jpg (528x821, 217K)

Anyone here read The Magos? Really want to discuss Abnett's epileptic vision quests

that's not Galaxy in Flames user

should be in here user mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

those are oldies but the best

That was hands down my favorite sequence of the book. Beforehand I was enjoying the novel, afterwards I was seriously engaged.

Mine too, even if it was just getting into Eisenhorn's head again. Loved all the call backs and how it peeled back how utterly miserable and alone he is. Do you think he actually was able to travel to Queen Mab with the virus or it was all a vision quest?

I also loved the celestial loom object as a mcguffin, coolest introduction to 40k lore in years. It's why I've always enjoyed Abnett

Who do you think the Yellow King is? I keep thinking it's Horus

You magnificent bastard, thank you.

I plan on reading that during this binge-reading session

>I plan on reading that during this binge-reading session
don't read it till you read all of Eisenhorn, Ravenor, and all the short stories associated with them. I'm serious.

I don't know. I think he had the power to do so, sure. The agents of the Cognitae say you have to surrender to the virus in order to gain that power but who knows if thats the truth. I think if Eisenhorn had gone with the ghosts of his past he would have just become a slave. I think the King in Yellow is a brand new character and/or has a connection to the Word Bears.

We know the Word Bearers are supporting the Cognitae in some form, we know the Emperors Children want to access the City of Dust (and apparently need to assemble in some force to do so), and we know the Alpha Legion has some stake in this but I don't think it's clear yet whose side they're on. I wouldn't be surprised if the King in Yellow turned out to be Lorgar or something, trying to figure out Enuncia to perfect his book.[/spoilers]

DEVASTATION OF FUCKING BAAL
READ IT

Attached: Dante_must_suffer.png (809x837, 111K)

There was a lot of shit in there that made the Emperor look like he could take a more active role in answering prayers, which has some cool implications for the rest of the Bequin Trilogy

That is neither galaxy in flames nor Scars my boy

What book actually has Rowboat come back and break down in front of Big E? Is it one of the fluff bits in a rulebook or something?

I'm currently listening to Angel Exterminatus since I've been driving a lot.

definitely saw the surrendering as enslavement but maybe, he seems to be stronger and healed regardless from it. At least peak performance maybe even above normal human. That part where he smiled for the first time since 2002 was fantastic

Loved Cherubael showing up at least a little, it's sad to say I'm so much more invested in Eisenhorn than Ravenor at this point. I hope he's the end finisher.

how so?

I dunno about you, but I think Cherubael was the only one who wasn't conjured up by the visions, and that's because he was the only one who didn't seem to stick to the script.

Dark Imperium.

....the newer one, I mean.

Attached: Dark Imperium.jpg (289x499, 42K)

Anyone ever find a mega or torrent with up to date BL books? Ever since kick ass went down its been hell finding shit.

Hi I'm new to W40K and since this thread is up, I've been after an answer to my question.Would it be fine to start my ebook collection from the novel link in the /40kg/ thread or start from scratch?

Titan's Bane is a top notch audiobook

No that stuff was all after he had already come back and re-asserted control, it makes reference to that moment but doesn't actually include it

Hey are the audiobooks read with British accents? Because I hate American audiobooks but that'd probably be pretty tolerable.

It's a full production so it has a cast of VAs and some light SFX

The moment you refer to is pretty much only described in any real detail in Dark Imperium.

It's referenced in Gathering Storm, the rulebook. But that's it. The meat of the recollection of that incident is told in Dark Imperium, and currently nowhere else (yet).

>MUH HOPEFUL IMPERIUM
>MUH SONS BORN IN DARKNESS

>[40k fan frozen, awaiting the release of new officio assasinorum content in book form, M2].

God damn it Veeky Forums, all we got was Nemesis, Assasinorum: execution force, the beast arises, some lysander wank and some little comics/audio dramas.

When will we get a full feature length book again?

Attached: 1522022270924.jpg (641x500, 158K)

Ok so it is Gathering Storm, it just felt like I had somehow missed an entire book from the way things were presented in Dark Imperium.

I'm a bit leery of where they're going with this, but at least Abnett said he'd have the next Inquisition book out soon to give me my fix.

Pretty much everything by Haley, but my heart goes to his Baneblade serie, with its short stories. It's Band of Brothers + Fury in 40kDark Imperium and Devastation of Baal are also a good picks to understand what's going on in the new 40k universe.

Everything by Wraight is good as well. Like Dark Imperium, Watchers of the Throne is useful to understand what's going on in the new 40k. Features the cutest "couple" of the setting.

Eye of Medusa by David Guymer is top tier, Iron Hands have never been scarier.

Dead Men Walking by Steve Lyons is one of the most Grimdark 40k novels, top notch. Just be ready for depressing stuff. Down amongst the dead men and Left for Dead by the same author are shorter but equally grimdark.

Deathwatch and Rynn's World by Steve Parker are also top picks, one for the bro-ness and deathwatch fluff and the other for the best Crimson Fists novel.

The Castellan Crowe serie by Annandale is quite good as well. Manages to not make him a Mary Sue, instead making him scary as shit to mortals.

The Night Lords serie and Helsreach by ADB are safe picks as well.

On a related note, Red Tithe by Robbie McNivven fautures NL as well, but most importantly Carcharodons. The sequel Outer Dark just came out and is really good as well.

Pdf related is also a very good book. Everything a novel about an unknown chapter should be.

And then just read Lexicanum for more fluff and to hear about novels that might interest you really.

Attached: Umbra Sumus.pdf (PDF, 1.41M)

Is there any new fluff novels set in M42 other than Devastation of Baal, Dark Imperium, & Watchers of the Throne?

Sons of the Hydra and Shroud of Night, both about AL. I think Ashes of Prospero as well but I haven't read that one.

mega.nz/#F!SJ8VFJxC!V2rD0wWIO4ye10AZ9PDzMg

Would you happen to have a pdf of the new outer dark novel?

I don't, because it's new. I don't want to take money from the author when the novel is new and good.
If you go to the general that is about to be deleted you can find it, but think about buying it instead.

The first book I ever read was Tyrant of the Hollow Worlds and I was instantly hooked. I still love that book even though I've read about 30 more novels since then.

Attached: 15 hours.pdf (PDF, 886K)

Attached: Rynn_s_World.pdf (PDF, 3.52M)

I'll just post books I guess.

THE Iron Hands book.

Attached: The-Eye-of-Medusa.pdf (PDF, 2.36M)

Features the purest 40k couple.

Attached: The-Emperors-Legion.pdf (PDF, 1.98M)

Castellan Crowe 1st novel.

Attached: Warden-of-the-Blade.pdf (PDF, 2.3M)

Attached: Dark_Imperium.pdf (PDF, 2.4M)

Neat, will probably pick it up. It's an audiodrama though, right? So multiple voice actors, SFX and just over 1h runtime?

That's not Iron Father Gdolkin