Indicators

Is there a single indicator better than the Fisher Transform?

Protip: There isn't.

Other urls found in this thread:

coinmarketcap.com/currencies/ethgas/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

TA cannot fail, because at least 1 of the 80 different TA "tools" will produce a similar pattern to what will occur in the future.

But some are vastly superior to others, which is the point of this thread

The entire market fell 20+%, many green candles and bull runs ahead. Dump any extra cash you have into your portfolio for extra gains, this is the entry point.

Thank you user I will look into this indicator. I was told ema with 13 and ema with 48 and buy and sell at the cross over was what to use. But I like trading resistance levels more than anything this your indicator would be good for identifying the top for doing this.

Yeah, this indicator reacts extremely quickly. I haven't found any that react quicker as of yet.

My own TA strongly agrees with this

Survive the inevitable bear market with some fast gains. Join me and pump some shitcoins with soon 200k members.

discord invite ID -> WsPjVwF

instead of calling me a pajeet, give it a try and see for yourselves. I'm white and fairly wealthy, looking to retire soon through crypto even in a bear market.

Can you guys spoonfeed better how it works? What does it detect, reversals? And what is it better at, detecting them or not calling a reversal when it's not happening? That sounds confusing, it's supposed to mean if it falls often for false flags.

Shill me fisher indicator, my eyes hurt from watching RSI 19 hours every day

The Fisher Indicator is basically two lines, I think it's one that is in current time (the green one) and one that's set a tiny bit in the past (the red one). When there's a change in trend, the green line will cross the red line. Because the red line follows the green line so closely, the Fisher Transform detects trend reversals extremely quickly, much quicker than other indicators like MACD. The Fisher Transform is therefore primarily used to detect reversals. It also doesn't give many false signals, but you should experiment with different time intervals to find the one that works best with the Fisher Transform. For BTC/USDT, I think the 15-minute intervals are best.

That's how I understand it, at least.

I'll try it out on bitmex

DELETE THIS FUCKING THREAD. TA IS A MEME, DOESNT WORK

YOU WILL LOSE ALL YOUR MONEY, CHARTS ARE USELESS AND NOBODY SPENDS MONEY MAKING THEM FOR ANY REASON OTHER THAN SCAMMING PEOPLE

DELETE!!!!

Let me know how it goes

You cant depend on pure TA alone. We know for a fact that Bitcoin is a failing technology. All of the tech in the world

lol TA cucks

Use fundamental analysis to choose what to buy
Use technical analysis to choose when to buy

sorry a bit drunk, didn't finish my sentence and forgot what I was saying anyway.

This.

> Use fundamental analysis to choose what to buy
> Use technical analysis to choose when to buy

Look, its case closed. Bitcoin is legacy tech at best and we know lightning network is a shit show. Deny it, argue around it all you want.

There is nothing around this.

>not on cryptowatch or binance
guess its wildly inconsistent rsi and stochrsi for me

t. never traded before

You can make some shitty indicator that reproduces the chart, it still doesn't tell you when to buy or sell. It can always go higher or lower that what it looks like is the bottom, live trading is different.
Might as well look at the chart.

is this coinigy or where?

You should use a different site to analyse charts alongside your trading platform. Try Coinigy or TradingView, they've got 80+ indicators each

I just realized you were being ironic

I took the screenshot on TradingView (in the filename) but the Fisher Transform is also available on Coinigy

This is a movement indicator, no different from macd

TA isn't a magic bullet, but it reduces risk and increases the chance of entering/exiting the market at a good time.

No one was talking about buying BTC.

Crypto taught me FA is useless. Just look at bitcoin. I will even buy FUN if it'll continue to be oversold and I'll notice it's turning bullish. My only problem right now is taking profits too early.

It reacts much faster than MACD

Elliott wave analysis is the best TA if you’re not a total moron

It’s also much more likely to give wrong readings

To me, Elliot Wave analysis crosses into the realm of voodoo. I have looked into it, I've tried it myself, but I haven't had consistent success with it.

But real elliott waves don't look like textbook ones so using them requires one thing most people will do anything to avoid - thinking

You need to buy EGAS and hold it long term, it has huge potential. 13M Max supply and it costs pennies right now. Great concept and active twitter. mooncoin material.
Take a look@ coinmarketcap.com/currencies/ethgas/

literally 13 and 48 day EMA crossing over

Isn't that a bit slow to react though? And does that work especially well with any particular timeframes?

Any good books or shit about it, I do some basic statistics on any indicator before I use it in python and i couldn't find a objective description of elliot waves I can test, so I avoid it.

elliot waves are a whole different kind of thing, can't really automate that in any comfortable way

that said, mind sharing results?

tradingview gives you the option to view binance coins though so just use it in tandem with the client or the web browser platform.

can you guess the current wave for NEO? It's pretty easy. If you catch something on wave 3, which is usually pretty obvious you just keep counting waves from there. From now on I will be keeping my eye on Neo awaiting it to finish waves 4, 5, the next 1 wave and I'll start buying on wave 2. Automating EW would be too hard. Easiest strategy is catching wave 3 in the middle, shorting wave 4, long for wave 5, then shorting

>Results
Without writing a whole report, I haven't found an indicator that works for all coins, some work great with some groups while not working at all on other groups, so anyone saying an indicator works without saying on which coins are almost always wrong (for the ones I've tested at least). Of the popular indicators I've found that the usual strategies of MACD, parabolic sar (properly normalised) and MFI work the best with the largest number of cryptos, but only slightly better than b&h on long periods.

nah ill stick with my nigga MACD, way clearer signal than your Fisher Price shit

I used to use tradingview, but cryptowatch is free and has orderbooks. I'll keep a tab open to check out FT though

Hey i'm still pretty new on techical analysis, when i used to look into stocks a while ago i remember using fibonacci retracements to see where the stock had support and resistance (iirc). Is this applicable on BTC? Sorry if this is a normie-tier question.

annotated for clarity

It is, works like a charm for every crypto

>it reacts faster
>but doesnt give false signals
pick one

>applying TA to crypto in 1d candles
These weren't designed around regular 10x swings

At least one of these is right

Yeah that’s cool and all but everyone knows the best way to earn money is a pump server. Check us out at

discord gg/YQqTCqt

Fuck off pajeet

You don't need any indicators to sell percentages of your gains while pumping and to sell percentages of your gains while dumping. It's really as simple as that. Make your trades based on percentage variance from purchase price and you'll make money, even on these corrections. Meme lines are for no patience gamblers.

I-I just read up on it and checked it on bitfinex for multiple time intervals. Why didn't anybody tell me about this, it's pure fucking magic.

That sounds like something you'd do if you really had no idea how high or low it would go. Using indicators, I can time the tops and bottoms with reasonable accuracy, meaning I don't have to do that and can instead just trade my entire stack all at once at an optimum price.

Just played around with it and it seems to work well on 5-15 minute candles.
It does react faster than macd, but macd seems more accurate for actual reversals since fisher crosses on every single dip and rise

anyone here use renko charts? i developed a strategy with them for forex and even after successfully demo testing it my live trading is fucking pathetic and EVERY trade i make the price moves away from me and JUST's my shit up. so fucking sick of this shit.

I recommend using both of them together, with the subtle changes of the Fisher Transform in the context of the greater MACD trend

Basically i really need help lads. ive studied trading for years now. read so many books, looked at so many charts. created a strategy that took a long time and backtested, demotested and live it just ins't performing. i dont know where to turn to know because i love trading and its all i want to do.

I feel like it's one or the other with reversal indicators since you can only react to one
RSI might be a better pairing for the bigger picture

Turn off your junkie indicators and trade off of the naked chart alone

I also though of that back in highschool, but the math shows that on average that will give you the same results as b&h for a random walk, so unless you augment it with some info to know when the pump is going to stop or how far it will go you will just end up loosing the fees.

Pic related (on offline pc, sorry for shitty 'screenshot') shows the results of a basic indicator strategy, although one I never see posted here, applied to ETH for 10 days. Orange is true false for when to buy/hold, B&h would result in 2% gains, but using the indicator gives 10%, assuming 0.25% fee for buy and sell.

It's obviously not perfect, there are some places you hold during dips and sell at the bottom, but overall, better than B&h. I also didn't Chery pick this time period, it's almost always better that b&h.

Sometimes the explanation is right in front of you but you can't see it because it sounds too wacky:

There's a fucking conspiracy going on against YOU in particular, Vu7m+vfo

We're watching you

Haha, RSI is actually my least favourite indicator. I just don't think it gives any indications of anything at all, for any timeframe. I think for assessing the longer trend MACD is decent.

Ichimoku Cloud and Godmode do the job for me.

the RSI does give a pretty strong sell signal with the divergence just before the big dip.

>not using renko blocks

RSI's a sort of "how much more could this realistically rise/fall" thing
I wouldn't find entry / exit points with it and it certainly wouldn't work on long term crypto charts which have left realistic trends long ago

if you mix it will candlestick pattern analysis, it does a decent job.

I actually hadn't used it because TradingView restricts it unless you pay for premium or whatever, but it looks interesting and I'll check it out

All your indicators are nothing compared to what I use. It has predicted almost all the shitstorns including this one. It has nothing to do with prices. Btc is on a rebound right now. Btc strength relies on adoption, price levels are what follow.

What fisher transform are you talking about? I can't find a good source, everyone just as something like 'its based on very hard math I've never heard of'. The FT is actualy just a way to transform the PDF, I'm getting multiple indicators called the desire transform, one of them is the cumulative sum of the fisher transform of the cumulative sum of the close relative to the range. Is that the one you mean?

I just use the one called 'Fisher Transform Indicator by Ehlers'. What's the 'PDF'? And could you show me some of the indicators you've found?

Riskrange masterrace

Ah fuck I bought at 10k

Same here

I need an indicator that factors in news and exit scams

I've done nothing but lose since I started in June.
I've decided to adopt a 3hr candle 12/26/9 (was considering 12/180/10) MACD strategy on ETH trading and a 2hr candle 10/24/8 MACD strategy on STR/XLM.
How can this go wrong?

Worst thing is you end up with bags for a few weeks
Just make sure your pairs have enough volume for you

so no more dip?

also is this
>technical analysis of the financial markets: study guide : a comprehensive guide to trading methods and applications
good? i bought it and its still in the mail

MACD for faggots, niggers and pajeets

>not using the comfiest of the comfy ikichurro clouds

this is a classic Azfuch pattern if I've ever seen one.

>2018
>not cointegrating coins

fucking hell TA triggered this cunt

what website is this?

tradingview

explain?

Ichimoku cloud never works. Literally never

user i doubt your still ITT but if anyone else in the this thread is familiar with renko charts please share your strategy. im very interested

Buy when green
Sell on consecutive red blocks

what size renko blocks?

do you have a money management system? im looking for a month to month trading plan

TA just re-paints the price movement with lag