G-Guys?

G-Guys?

I had activated 2FA on all exchanges and now I formatted my phone. I was using Google Authenticator and thought it was linked to my Google account but turns out it wasn't.

What now?

now you are going to open a ticket on every exchange to reset your 2fa. hf especially when you message cuckcoin I'm not sure if they even have support

You lowered the total supply, thus increasing the value. Your sacrifice did a lot of good. Thank you.

I actually have the coinbase seed, but I need to message Huobi, Mercatox (LOL) and Binance then.

Kek, this. Thanks OP

HF with your coins in 6 - 12 months LUL

if you don't have the rescue code you're fucked.

oh shit nigger, you didn't write down the backup code each time you set up 2FA?

Trips and dubs never lie

oh look it's another episode of 2fa tard

This. Took 1 week for me on Binance and l had to spam their telegram support group everyday until l managed to contact one customer support guy. But he managed to reset my 2FA

It's fine, just get your printed QR codes out of your filing cabinet and scan them. What's that? You're a retard? Oh...

I did this on my Binance account. You have to email them 3 pictures of something with your ID on like a drivers license. A pic of the front, one of the back and one you holding it with a pice of paper with the date and time on it. You will get an email back with a ID number, now you'll have to use the Telegram app on your phone and find Binance support and post you ID number over and over again 1000x times asking for them to reset your shit. Go on r/Binance for more info, lots of people with the same problem.

thanks for actually helping user, link your BTC wallet and ill send you something small because im a huge poorfag

>printing QR codes

just put the backup codes in a txt file

You store your 2FA information on a networked computer? Want to download my trading bot? It's safe, trust me.

That's why you should be copying the key it tells you to copy before you set up 2FA you faggot.

Next time either do that or use Authy you silly cunt.

Thanks, I just went through the process. I have my coinbase seed, and binance will probably reset it no problem, but half my coins are on huobi and mercatox - which I am unsure will be able to help me. I feel physically sick. I know this such a rookie mistake but I was dead sure the codes were linked to my google account since it was GOOGLE authenticator - like literally everything else they have. And even though Ive been lurking biz like crazy I've never seen anything about 2FA backups.

I think I'm gonna throw up.

checked, nice dubs

What exchanges?

Currently locked out of huobi and mercatox

user i am also a retard, could you put a couple bulletpoints on how to keep shit safe and not lose your autism codes and stuff? plz

Keep a hard copy in a safe deposit box, if you ever go through a fire or flood your keys are safe at the bank.

Well you saved me because I didn't know I was supposed to save that code and thought it was connected to my google account too. Thanks user.

No problem I guess. I am talking to huobi now btw and they say 2-5 days so hopefully it's all gonna be okay - although I'm sceptical about mercatox

On your google settings page, you can print out a set of 10 2FA keys that will work once, no matter what. Try going there; if you haven't used them before, just create some and you can use them now.

If I have a samsung and I'm going to switch carriers will it affect my 2fa?

based god thank you
trips do not lie

Wait

So you mean that these 10 keys can be used to unlock a fucked over Binance account? But each code just once? And it works for all exchanges?

Sounds like I should print this page out.

probably the best idea i've heard so far, might actually do this one

printing QR codes that could be stolen so easy in my home is probably worse than my encrypted disk on my PC

It works for any login where you have 2FA linked to your account. But just once per code. But that's all you need to login and turn it off, after all.

Yes, print them out and store them securely.

Is 2FA the next XRP?

People losing coins makes me so happy desu

I tried one and it didn't work, as they are 8 numbers long while the original 2FA codes are 6. It just shows me an error after entering the 6th number

You were supposed to write down your 2FA code you got when you set it up apparently. I don't know how to get that now that I already set it up so I hope nothing happens to my phone.

oi ya dun goofed m8

I don't even trade I just come here for the wojacks senpai

happened to a buddy. he legit got in touch with dudes from Binance and Bitgrail on Telegram. had his accounts open in minutes

Use Authy so you don't fuck yerself if something happens to your phone.

That's strange, they were supposed to work. Sorry m8, hope you find another solution then

Isn't there just some code called Secret Seed you write down when you first get google 2FA?

Can you explain why you don't have the binance stuff? It warns you to write down the code and to save the QR code image. I did both.

Well I wish you luck. I assume if you already did some identification stuff it wont be hard to get back in, just will take some time. Not a bad lesson, could be worse like losing your wallet key

who actually pays attention to that shit? i thought it was just linked to my google account.

Since you don't have the private password they told you to write down you'll have to wait 3 months to get your account reactivated, less time if you gave your personal information (way less). Welcome to the forced hodl.

--UPDATE--

Binance reset my 2FA in minutes. I have now stored the coinbase and binance backup keys on a piece of paper.

Huobi said they would fix it in 2-5 days and their customer support seemed great.

So hopefully that's at least 90% of my portfolio saved. The rest is at mercatox, hopefully I can recover that as well

LESSON LEARNED.

Don't be an idiot like me guys.

And yes I am new

This is fucking money man. I fucking pay attention.

thats dumb

Yeah man, I've been through a house fire before when they start hosing it down all kinds of stuff gets destroyed. Plus a small safe deposit box is like $10 a month, you can toss your ledger in there before you go on vacation and not worry about it.

so what is the solution? how has this not been a bigger problem for anyone who got a new phone? my phone is fine, but what should i do to prepare for it breaking, etc.?

Write down the backup keys

You find them on the exchange

I'm surprised I haven't seen case before as I have been lurking biz since autumn.

Sounds like I'll be hacking Gmail accounts and looking for 2FA key resets.

>I have 2FA on my Gmail

Kys faggot

Are the backup keys available after turning 2FA on?

Authy doesnt work for Kucoin for me for some reason

you most likely will have to make a new 2FA code, but its not a big deal.

its much better than potentially losing your phone and not having the keys

Wait so how do i link my authenticator to my google account?

Thx just did it, was ezpz

Trust google storage more than myself

linking your authenticator to an online service defeats the entire purpose of an authenticator