/GOLD/ thread

Guys, can I easily speculate on prices of gold? I don't want to buy physical gold, just want to invest crypto-like. Is there any way? Also not burger just europoor.

Bitshares will have a gold backing. You didn't hear it from me user.

have a look if you can make short buys for gold. should be possible.

The World is an Illusion
The Universe is a Hologram
Buy Gold

Bitsharrs allows you to buy an asset pegged to the price of gold

BUYYYYY

pls elaborate more

ok, will check it out

Is there any exchange I could log in and hold position though?

Keep digging faggot.
You got until next week.

Are you talking physical gold or just commodities?

yep commodities, I am smelling a big capital crash coming, so want to make positions, but I am not really fond of buying physical gold to my home, just trade.

That Jew Peter Schiff has an app called goldmoney which looks good. Positive is that you can send btc directly and they convert it to gold.

Negative is the app is terrible and they require shit loads of personal information. I can’t even submit docs because the app crashes when I try and upload, it’s really bad.

If he can make it useable then I’d probably buy quite a lot, I’m unironically a fan of peter schiff and intend to buy gold when I can figure out how to do it conveniently. Does anyone have an alternative?

Xaurum.

Investing in gold is pointless unless you're doing it through CFDs. Anything else the numbers are too small.

Options and Futures?

well, I wanted to, because I am a fan of Peter Schiff, but they want me to fill some papers and send it to USA... I am too lazy to do this, also it takes shitty time. I would rather just log in some exchange, invest money and hold. I am talking about like 5k, nothing much

Don't go with that bitshares garbage. If you want to speculate on gold, do it like all the other speculators do:

1) Gold futures, and/or options on gold futures
2) Gold mining stocks, and/or options on mining stocks
3) Gold ETFs, leveraged ETFs, and/or options on ETFs

Personally, I diversify out of XRP by holding long-term call options on gold mining stocks. AUY, SSRM, AG, JNUG.

>I don't want to buy physical gold
retard.
>here's your gold bar bro
*hands you a piece of paper*

thanks, could you specifically recommend me some gold futures exchange? Also what happened in 2008, was there bigger leverage on mining stocks or futures?

>said someone who is trading crypto

Alot of stock brokerage accounts allow you to trade futures. It just requires extra verification. Trading futures is no different from trading crypto with leverage/margin. I do not recommend trading futures or anything with margin because of how easy it is to lose more than you invested.

I recommend trading gold stocks because they have built-in leverage to the gold price. When gold moves up or down in a big way, gold mining stocks will do multiples of that. When gold is rangebound, so are the mining stocks (sometimes they will decline). With mining stocks, there is no risk that you could lose more than you invested, unlike futures. If you want even more leverage than the mining stocks offer on their own, you can buy options on the mining stocks.

There are also 2x and 3x leveraged ETFs. These are risky because if it moves against you for any sustained amount of time, you can loose alot of money (but it won't go to 0, just really really close to 0). You can also buy options on leveraged ETFs if you want insane leverage.

thanks a lot, seems like smart people are still around /biz.

I am really surprised by built-in leverage, never heard of it.

Is there any reliable exchange with not much verification though?

I select my gold stocks by the following critera:

1) Amount of high-grade metal in the ground, free of any environmental or political restrictions. There are "undervalued" gold stocks out there that claim to have 20 or 50 or 100 Million ounces of gold in the ground. But if you look closely, you will see that either the gold is of a very low grade, or they've been trying to get EPA epproval for 10 years, or it's underneath a massive glacier, or it will take $5 Billion in capital and a 4x gold price to be feasible. Avoid nonesense like that. Only invest in companies with high-grade gold that can be dug up immediately. What is the grams per ton cutoff to look for? DYOR.

2) Once you've determined that they have high-grade gold, then determine how much they have. Estimate the maximum theoretical value of their gold at various price levels. $2,000 oz, $10,000 oz, etc. If they have 100 million ounces and the gold price is $10,000, take that number and divide by 7. That's an estimate of what the market cap could be when gold is at that price.

3) Look to see if the company has any hidden gold hedges, streaming deals or royalty deals. If so, estimate the degree to which the company is getting ripped off if the gold price rises significantly. Many companies will accept cash now in exchange for a percentage of their gold production. However, if the price of gold rises, they will be obligated to give up a percentage of their gold production and will not enjoy the benefits of a rising gold price. Avoid mining companies that have such deals (or have too many of such deals). You can also invest in gold royalty companies (SAND, FFMGF, WPM).

4) Management. Make sure the management has experience and a track record of growing successful mining companies.

get krypto you fucking pleb

The only asset that's backed by psychology

I don't know what "not much" verification means. Open an account with Charles Schwab and stop when their questions are too much for you to handle.

The built-in leverage of a gold mining company is like this. Let's say a miner produces 1 million ounces per year, has all-inclusive costs of $800/oz and they sell their gold for $1300/oz. Their net income will be $500 million. Let's say the price of gold rises 20% to $1560 and their all-inclusive costs remain the same. Their net income is now $760 million. Their net income increased 52% even though the price of gold increased 20%. This is the built in leverage. Furthermore, when the price of gold rises, the mining company is able to mine gold deposits that are not economically feasible at lower gold prices. Mining companies have different categories of gold reserves. Proven, Probable, Measured, Indicated, and Inferred. DYOR on what these mean. Proven and Probable are economically feasible right now. Measured, Indicated and Inferred are only feasible if the price of gold rises significantly.

I have to do some work, so can't review all you have written, but thanks a lot. I saved this thread to my bookmarks, because you gave me all the info I needed to start with gold. I appreciate your efforts. Thank you, user.

lol never thought id see this get shilled here so soon

You're welcome. Thanks for the rare Pepe.

One other thing I forgot to mention. Avoid companies with too much debt.

www.goldstockdata.com is a good resource for quickly comparing lots of companies. However, always verify anything against the info on the company's website (most reliable).