How do you make a philly cheesesteak? Also, beginner recipes?

How do you make a philly cheesesteak? Also, beginner recipes?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=y2QNAMT4-6Q
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I personally prefer it 'go style with the steak on top of the cheese. Throw a couple of pineapples on it and finish it off with an IPA

>shitposters don't even know that 'go style cheesesteak is in fact the superior version

Is eating a philly without ketchup the newest meme on the market?

could use some more tomato sauce on top

>over two times more pickled garbage than meat

Thank Christ I'm not poor

not that poster but I prefer all of my food that way. i'm not against eating meat but goddamn so many people eat way more than they should/need.

aged prime rib sliced thinly on ciabatta roll with cave aged appenzeller, sauteed vidalia onions, vine ripened yellow bells, and shaved black truffle

Why not add some sriracha and avocado and bacon, you meme lord?

I've done it two ways - one, buy a hunk of skirt steak or flank steak, put it in the freezer for a bit so it gets icy, and then shave off pieces off with your knife, then just cook the meat. OR you can buy sliced roast beef at a deli and cook the meat more.

>sriracha

3rd world shit sauce on my fine sandwich? tsk tsk

40% of the taste comes from how thinly sliced the quality meat is, another 40% comes from the bread.

The last 20% comes from how you cooked it, the toppings, the cheese, etc. If you don't live near Philly its not going to be as good just because you don't have access to what makes them good

>other places don't have quality meat or bread

wonderbread classic hot dog buns
steak-umms
cheez whiz

wala

the meat is probably prison-tier.

You're delusional my friend. The philly cheesesteak is one of the longest running memes there is.

A cheesesteak has exactly four ingredients to be considered authentic.

>Amoroso roll
>thinly-sliced ribeye steak
>onions
>choice of cheese: provolone, Whiz, American (any are acceptable)

>get a hoagie bun
>put spaghetti in bun
>put hotdog in bun
>top it off with a slice of american cheese
>bake

Not a native but I've been living in Philly for about a year now.

The traditional is like the poster a couple up mentioned: roll, steak, onions, cheese. Though if you don't get wiz, you usually get ketchup.

I usually get weird looks when i order mine, but I don't care, it's what I like.

Roll, steak, sauteed peppers and onions, provolone, mayo, spicy mustard.

Are those pickled jalapenos?

Cheese steak and cheese wiz.
Peppers are optional.

Anyone who says other wise isnt from Philly

How do I make cheese steak at home? Do I just buy a bulky steak and shave off meat and cook that?

that sounds bomb af

youtube.com/watch?v=y2QNAMT4-6Q

E L E M E N T A L

Who the fuck looks at a recipe suggestion that includes "Aged prime rib... and shaved black truffle" and thinks

>wow I bet that guy wants hot sauce and bacon on there too.