How to use RSI indicator?

how to use RSI indicator?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nbvrhb33Ggs
cns.bu.edu/~gsc/CN710/fincast/Technical _indicators/Relative Strength Index (RSI).htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Why did I get hard ?

because no one is hotter than Xenia Onatopp

Do you have other webms of her?

no
youtube.com/watch?v=nbvrhb33Ggs

Even better. And for the RSI I don't have a clue

i could draw a text book theory on the RSI but i wouldnt go on it alone

over 80, time to sell
under 20, time to buy
*generally speaking although there are times when fundamentals drive buying/selling the fuck out of something but user follows the news to discern between technical and fundamental reasons for market trends

The RSI index oscillates between 0 and 100, and always tends to 50; we're mainly interested in RSIs above 70 and under 30. Basically when it's under 30, it means the asset (shitcoin in our case) is oversold; in other words, it could be a bullish flag. When it's over 70, it's the other way round: the asset is overbought, that could be a bearish flag.

I can't speak for other markets but in crypto, that's a good index but it's not perfect. What I learned from practice is that if you have a coin with over 70 RSI but a whale puts up a $1,000,000 buy wall, then this new volume will hold the price from falling and the RSI will adapt accordingly. So in this case, the RSI can go slowly go down even if the currency is trading sideways. Also, shitcoins (meaning, crypto that is not XMR/ETH/BTC) with low RSIs are a dangerous investment; they might indeed recover and you'll be look at an easy 5%+, but many many times they won't have enough volume to counter the sell offers that are pushing down the RSI, so you will be bagholding for a while.

I'm not an expert, matter of fact I can be a brainlet more than sometimes so may wiser anons please do correct me.

youre both wrong the RSI can be in over sold/overbought territory for days and continues to follow its trend. If the rsi what this simple everyone would use it im working on a picture wait up

RSI doesn't work well on short time frames. You will see it running across the top or bottom on the 15 minutes timeframe all the time.

tell fagots that RSI suggests something that you want to happen, you don't even have to know what it is

> < 30-20 buy
> > 70-80 sell

it's not a surefire signal but when used in conjunction with others can be very helpful
I only addressed the one pointed out by OP and what I put down is not false

Well of course it doesn't work that way, otherwise no actual human would be into this shit and everyone would be a dumb yes or not bot, but it's still a useful indicator to understand that maybe it's time to get the fuck out of that pump

are you retarded? he didnt say it works like that, let alone as a single indicator.
He is spot on: over 80 is signaling overbought territory, under 20 is oversold you dumbfuck.
That doesn‘t mean it will instadrop or rise when reaching these levels you brainlet

This the text book theory. like any other indicator it doesnt always work

so many edgy teens on this fucking board :o

Hahaha holy shit how about you find a real example instead of this drawing that looks like an 11 year old made it?

Also nobody said it's a perfect indicator shithead, if all anyone needed to learn was "hurr RSI over 70 better sell" or "hurr RSI under 30 better buy" then there wouldn't be much of a trick to any of this shit, would there?

>:o
I am going to beat the fuck out of you.

are you angry because you're poor?

her mouth makes me crazy

webm source pls

Also, another way of using RSI is to buy/sell when it crosses 50.

A few notes I'd like to add:
- Be on the lookout for the 50 mark. You can catch bounces off it, or if it breaks be prepared to trade in whichever direction it broke through
- BTC for some odd reason likes to test/bounce off the 60 mark sometimes

Most of the time, when used with other indicators in a 2-4 hr timeframe, it works fine selling when crossing down 70, and buying back around 50. Same for uptrends, crossing up 30.

Literally, google.

cns.bu.edu/~gsc/CN710/fincast/Technical _indicators/Relative Strength Index (RSI).htm

Summary:

> Use RSI = 70 or 30 as bullish or bearish >indicators

>OVERBOUGHT or OVERSOLD cases:
> If RSI falls below 70 = Bearish signal
> If RSI goes above 30 = Bullish signal

>DIVERGENCES
>If coin is falling in price but RSI bumps from >below 30 to above = BUY SIGNAL
>If coin is growing in price but RSI falls from >above 70 to below = SELL SIGNAL

>CENTERLINE CROSSOVERS (50 line)
>If RSI is above 50 = gains outpacing losses
>If RSI is below 50 = losses outpacing gains
>These are also bullish / bearish indicators

I'm a noob at this, but this is the basic research I did.

How to greentext. I'm a faggot.

Some user made a thread the other day with summaries

So according to RSI you should buy Cardano (ADA)

I'm holding myself so it would be nice having some green too.

at the moment on the 1day RSI we can see an RSI below 30.

buy when it's low sell when it's high

Question: how do I choose the RSI length and the time interval of the graph on btc?

Couple this with an 50, 100, 200 MA indicator and MACD. Follow this by making a current market sentiment about Cardano and it's fundamentals... Unless you have insider info. If that's the case, throw everything out the window and trade based on that.

I think the standard is n = 14 RSI periods.

>ywn be publicly bullied by a semi-masc qtpi
why even live?

The more time intervals the indicator lines up on the stronger the signal.

if its above 70, its a good time to sell. if its below 30 its a good time to buy

what is the best time scale to evaluate RSI on ? 4h ? daily?

I mostly use it for divergence

if price makes a lower low while RSI failed to do the same that is generally bullish. same goes for the opposite.

You mean bearish?

No he meant what he said. The opposite being, if the price makes higher highs while the RSI failed to do the same, then it's generally bearish.

exactly

70/30 - neutral, anything else is an indicator to buy or sell

Th 4hr and daily rsi are best to catch larger swing highs and lows, but it's good to check rsi on multiple timeframes for confirmation.

Also before a big drop you may get successive multiple peaks in price, with lower rsi readings on each on.

E,g, we may still get one more move up slightly above the recent high with a lower rsi reading. I'm not suggesting that will happen, but it could, so you have to use other indicators, TA, etc. What's more likely in this case is we drop to below 30 in rsi and make a higher rsi reading with a lower price before the next reliable upswing. But on the smaller timeframes, you will see more violent action, so even though it seems we are close to 30, it could take a while to get there and that could mean a much lower price that where we're currently at. I'd just suggest following rsi on multiple timeframes for a few weeks to get a feel for how it works. Support/resistance trendlines work well on rsi too to indicate changes in trend.

>