I started pickling eggs

i started pickling eggs.

pretty much the perfect snack, when i get peckish, i crush one or two of these. because of this i've cut out all junk food.

complex fats, vitamins and protein.

how does Veeky Forums like pickled eggs?

I prefer pickled pickles.
Does your breath constantly smell like anus?

Eat them with cheese and salami faggot

it's called brush and floss you heathen. jesus.

I never had one but This sounds so gross desu
Do you eat it plain?
It's a pub food so is it just better drunk?

what are some good brine recipes?

Is this a Canadian thing? I got offered these in BC last year twice

:o they last long b4 expiring? Can u share some info with me?

I saw the thread made last week about this and am trying it myself now. Pickling eggs with jalapeno, basil, mustard seeds and peppercorns.

Pickled eggs are the single most underrated pickled food in existence. You don't know how well an egg takes to pickling until you try em.

I have been wanting to look into pickling. Do you need to can the item in the pickling process? Or do you just seal it and one of those jars and let it sit for a while?

I've tried one from a fish and chip shop, not good.

Enjoy your heart failure

I've never had one, but always wanted to try.

>eggs are bad for you

A this the longest running meme an existence?

Mein nigger. Peppers and beats all the way.

Dude, I will give you my tip. It's cheating but who cares.
Pickling juice is mostly vinegar, with some herbs and such. I buy pickles regularly. When I'm done the pickles, I add a little more vinegar and herbs (if any) to the leftover brine. Then I toss in enough hard boiled eggs to fill the jar.
Put it back in the fridge and fish out an egg here and there when you need some protein with savoury flavour and don't want to cook.
The eggs will absorb the vinegar and flavour, so you can't do this over and over.

That's not cheating, that's the proper way although the brine from the pickles is optional. Unless you know the PH of the brine then vinegar is a must. Most store bought and even most homemade brine isn't left out to ferment long enough to get the acidity needed to ensure eggs can be safely stored in it.

No, typos are.

I've been interested in making these for some time, what is the best recipe you have found to work for you? all I've had was store bought pickled eggs but I want to try and make some for myself.

Life would be so much easier and simpler if teeth just fucking cleaned themselves. Everything else in the body keeps itself clean.

bro, I'm weird, I love brushing my teeth and whiting them, an using mouth wash, it's so satisfying to me.

Pickled sausage you fucking turd burglars

I hope you plan on eating those soon since that jar isn't meant for preservation

>snaking on eggs and salt
you didn't expect to live more than another decade, right?

Get salt, put it in some water.

Done.

user, why are you not just putting your eggs in the refrigerator?

Fucking wrong as hell, it's vinegar. Nobody is trying to do fermented eggs here.

>processing/canning
If you want them to be shelf-stable, they need to be processed. Eggs need very long processing. If you put them in the refrigerator, no processing is required.

I highly recommend putting a lot of crushed red pepper also.

with or without vinegar? THIS IS IMPORTANT

It's vinegar, pleb

surely you mean pepper and beets user? theres no peppers or beats inside that glass

mostly boiled saltwater you mean. if you put in more then 10% vinegar in your brine you will die with a lemon face

why dont you shut up, since you obviously have no idea what you are talking about
t.brinemaster

Everything else in the body is on the inside and isn't constantly coming into contact with food.

If people salivated an acid potent enough to dissolve anything on the teeth without harming the enamel, we'd be set.

how about just some completely harmless bacteria that pushes away the harmful ones, like in our guts

This is such an angry thread about eggs.

it sorta does, it just wasnt expecting the sort of cancer you would shove in your mouths, really.

>imagine how much easier life would be if we could just piss and shit right into our pants
>thats whats holding us back

Beets yes. There are about a dozen peppers though. Sweet, jalapeno and habanero.

Okay, color me interested. Question: I've got left over pickling juice from jars of pickled jalapenos and pickles. Can I dump that into a new glass and just place eggs in there? Or does the fact that it has already been used to pickle something diminish its effect?

why

I was researching pickling solution over the weekend and several sites you were fine to just those your hard boiled eggs into the leftover liquid with whatever other spices you want in to flavor them