Whats the beat method of making nachos at home? They seem tricky to nail

Whats the beat method of making nachos at home? They seem tricky to nail

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZKxhI4I5kq8
youtube.com/watch?v=Kcn2nlgP_a8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Microwave Velveeta and pour it on tortilla chips and garnish.

doritos, kraft singles, gold leaf, add casu marzu after cooking

Turn the heat down.

you make tortillas, cut them up and fry them

Obviously, should be done under the broiler.

More cheese.

Add a protein; beans work too.

Jalapenos should be served alongside and placed on the chip directly before consuming, not broiled on the chip.

Throw more shit on top after broiling:
>diced tomato
>diced onion (can be cooked on nachos)
>cumin, chili powder, or garlic

Is this literally, LITERALLY, your picture?

If you're using already made chips, then baking them or nuking them is going to fuck it up. Make your cheese sauce, get some chopped tomato and green onion and sour cream, then add it tall to the chips.

The chips have little moisture so you can nuke them alone for a bit to warm them up, or bake on low for few minutes. But adding the sauce to chips, then baking or nuking, will fuck it all up.

>Jalapenos should be served alongside and placed on the chip directly before consuming, not broiled on the chip
This is nonsense and I hate you.

Layers. Know how that bottom layer of chips never has any cheese and it's all like "ok guess I'm throwing this away" from restaurant nachos? Don't do that. Do a pan-ful 2 chips deep but densely packed, then add 1/4 of the cheese you have. Bake on low like 300 for 15m.
THEN add the rest of the chips, loosely packed and basically tossed with refried beans and another 1/4 of the cheese, for another 15m. Turn up the heat and add the rest of the cheese to the top. 15 more mins.
Once it's done, pull it out and add the cold shit like sour cream, guac and jalapenos.
Yeah this takes longer, but if you want em awesome, this is what I do and ppl nut.

If you're too lazy the trick is just lower temp for longer.

Nachos are for faggots. Just serve hot chips and a thick dip with all the usual crowd like chopped tomato, onion, jalapeño, refried beans, sour cream, shredded cheese, whatever the fuck.

Use canned, Rico's cheese sauce, they have a blanco cheese sauce too. Velveeta and shredded cheese do not compare.

Melt cheese, pour them on corn chips, and throw literally whatever else you want on top.

...BUT!

When I go the homemade route for nachos, I tend to make italian nachos. For chips, you fry up some wonton wrappers. The cheese sauce is an alfredo, and toppings, see pic related; got your diced tomato and basil, sausage bits, jalapeno and shallots. Yum yum!

You could use taco meat like the kind you make from the seasoning packets and ground chuck. Some chopped green onions. There is a method to building nachos. Look up the pulled pork nachos on smoky ribs youtube channel. They're fucking fire. Pic related. I followed his recipe.

Are you retarded op?

>buy nacho chips
>spread chips on a plate
>refry some beans, preferably brown an onion or add chorizo or bacon bits in oil beforehand
>spread beans over chips
>grate cheese on top (Monterey Jack is the best for these)
>add what the fuck ever you want

I was at an Irish-style pub in Brussels last weekend and they really did use Domino's on the nachos I ordered.
> in Belgium. Irish pub. American chips. Mexican food
Actually not terrible

>not terrible
i tend to believe you

>foil roasting pan
>Rotel tomatoes and chilis
>bag of shredded cheddar
>can of chunk chicken
>bag of tortilla chips
>bottle of ranch

Layer in pan as follows
>chips
>cheese
>chicken
>cheese
>ranch
>chips
>cheese
>Rotel
>cheese
>ranch
>chips
>cheese

Bake that shit and you end up with pic related

Okay, so apparently my layers were in a different order in the pic, but yeah, make that

That looks disgusting.

the way you type makes me think you were never bullied and should have been

im sorry, im an asshole and cant stand your showmanship and enthusiasm

i shouldnt drink so much idk

This one is similar to the other nacho bake except I swapped out the ranch for Sweet Baby Ray's raspberry habañero bbq sauce, threw in some bread & butter pickle chips instead of Rotel, and the chicken was switched out with some Jack Daniel's bbq pork

In that pic I apparently used ranch

>i shouldnt drink so much
I tend to agree with you

No bullies, but much drinking.
I don't like my job.

Sounds terrible my dude.

>ranch on nachos

That looks fucking glorious

Seems my dishes are rather polarizing.

How about this bit I made on the same day?

4 cans of Great Northern beans and a whole block of saltbacon simmered in a crock pot overnight.

Made a pan of yellow cornbread to accompany the beans, but I'm not gunna bother posting the pic because who hasn't seen cornbread a million times.

I threw all that together for a friend of mine who's basically my sister when she was pregnant.

Fast forward a year and a half and now I'm cooking for my pregnant fiancée.

Btw, to the lad who curled his nose at ranch + nachos, have you heard of Cool Ranch Doritos?

45 minutes for nachos?

You are fucked in the head.

is that a toilet?

youtube.com/watch?v=ZKxhI4I5kq8
HELLO WILDCATS.

idk how you can fuck nachos up even when i was a dumb kid who only knew how to heat shit up i could manage oven cooked 'chos

put some cha on those chos muchacho

the trick is to melt the cheese before you put it onto the nachos so the chips don't get soggy

I wonder if it's any good, something so simple.

I think you're mistaking nachos with tortilla chips, nachos are the entire dish

>CTRL+F 'cranberry sauce'
>0 results

You people sicken me

Y'know, I have never thought about putting cranberry sauce on nachos. Imma do that sometime.

youtube.com/watch?v=Kcn2nlgP_a8

I'm really lazy but like the italian nachos of yours.

I tried it and it's awful. The canned cheese sauce ruined it, but I bet it's decent with Velveeta instead. The way he makes it? 2/10.

>45 minutes to make nachos

>45 minutes for nachos
you dickhead. please don't post here ever again

>Acquire an excessive amount of chips
>Layer in beans
>Mix melted cheese and ground beef, extra ground beef is good
>Make sure it's piping hot, then pour on the chips
>Top with guacamole and sour cream

Replace the ground beef with chili if you feel like going Tex-Mex

>Domino's
What?

>tfw you went overboard and now diabetes

;_;

The trick is to make a proper hot dip and serve the chips heated as well. Fuck your nacho format

place chips in flat wide pan

grate desired cheese atop nachos (must be a melting cheese)

add any powdered seasonings atop cheese

top with any other sustenance (meats, onion, tomato, green pepper, refried beans, peppers etc) it's important not to put this under the cheese because the broiler needs to get directly at it

broil until cheese is nicely melted and the chips on the edge are browning lightning

wa la

Wow I must have fucking brain damage, I typed lightning and I'm not even on my phone. That should say lightly

Also don't forget the salsa, sour cream, pico de gallo, guacamole, cheese sauce or whatever the fuck else you want to dip in