Why the fuck isnt anyone on here talking about this more...

why the fuck isnt anyone on here talking about this more? ledger just came out with a firmware update for private key vulnerabilities and they cant even fucking spell on their FAQ page about it. we're getting JUST'd from all angles this week. holy fuck.

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/HeyTaiZen/status/971068397017497601
support.ledgerwallet.com/hc/en-us/articles/360001340473-How-to-update-my-Ledger-Nano-S-with-the-firmware-1-4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

What
All my shot is on a ledger. Am i fucked?

same , what?

What's misspelled fren? I see a duplicate 'be' but that's it. Also there's nothing unreasonable about what they're saying.

MOTHERFUCKER WHAT
>samesies

twitter.com/HeyTaiZen/status/971068397017497601

update is sucking hard and barely even fixing the problem.

>*not* at risk.
> Confusing use of commas
There’s a big thread over at r/bitcoin
Everything seems mostly fine
Calm down you panicked children

support.ledgerwallet.com/hc/en-us/articles/360001340473-How-to-update-my-Ledger-Nano-S-with-the-firmware-1-4

Wow it's not a meme. Ain't this some shit.

So do we update or not?

Bump faggots
Anyone update yet?

Don’t update. Tons of people are having issues

>we
nah i have a trezor brand trezor.

WANT FUCK
MOTHERFUCK

This is fucked. Do I update now or what? I’m shitting myself

Get rekt fags

WHAT THE FUCK
I THOUGHT THE LEDGER WAS SAFE
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

>mfw not touching my ledger until 2019

If you go to the ledger subreddit there are several posts with the supposed security researcher's tweets, however the moderator has said that the researcher is exaggerating severity of the issue he found. He called it a publicity stunt. I hope that the moderator is correct.

Why do people even use these shitty hardware wallets? Is everyone a brainlet here?

Just make a fully encrypted Linux-based virtual machine for your wallets and hide it on your C: drive. More secure, free, and easily accessible. You can even even clone the whole VM to a thumb drive and put it in your safe.

>stop buying memeproducts

If I upgrade will I lose my locked price at 12k?

eh, whatever, my ledger holds only LINK anyway and I'm not taking any out for a year looks like.
they can't steal my shit if I never connect it to any PC

I bought Ledger for my fat btc, bch, neo, xlm, eth and token stacks. I opened wallet on MyEtherWallet first, Waterfox doesn't recognize the device, have to install Chrome to work, moved funds from Metamask there. Then installed btc and bch apps (only through Chrome addons, other browsers doesn't have apps), created wallet, decided to move funds next day.
Next day installing standalone neo wallet (ledger app for this coin doesn't exist). Can't recognize device. Open btc wallet addon, cant recognize device. Open ledger app to reinstall apps, ledger app won't connect do device. It doesnt¨t work on my win 7 pc nor linux notebook, only thing that will connect to my Ledger is MyEtherWallet (only in fucking Chrome)
Preordered Trezor T right after and decided to keep my btc and bch in core wallets for now, sold lumens and neo for Link.
Ledger is crap with shitty, faulty, complicated applications and I'll get rid of it as soon as possible.

Yes, chrome apps only work in chrome. Ask a tech friend to get it working for you and fuck off this board normie, thanks.

Just got my Ledger in today, probably should hold off on putting my coins on it right?

Same, wondering that as well

just got my ledger too. my altcoins are worthless now, the opportunity cost of hacking my altcoins is not worth it for the hackers

Can’t even update cause it won’t connect to server. Moved half my shit to mew just in case

I'd wait a day or two, no sense in using your wallet/coins as the test bed for this update. Let others work out the problem and we'll have a more clear answer in a few days

My point was that Ledger has several barely working addons only for chrome and even uses some shitty third party wallets while Trezor has one single working standalone wallet for all supported coins.
And it's not only me who have problem with connecting that shitty wallet to its even shittier apps, you queer

>Just make a fully encrypted Linux-based virtual machine for your wallets and hide it on your C: drive
Yeah ok why don't I just go build a laser gun too while I'm at it.