I was banned for 3 days, but I'm back now. I advise people to stay out of BTC for now and wait for trend confirmation...

I was banned for 3 days, but I'm back now. I advise people to stay out of BTC for now and wait for trend confirmation. If anyone is looking to scalp, going long on low margin and selling your entire position at around 9950 (double top) could work, although I'm not personally entering yet.

who the fuck are you and why should anyone care

We're all selling our BTC and going ETH anyway. Thread earlier confirmed it.

I followed you on twitter man

>pic related

Meh, you don’t have to care. Just another person to follow on Twitter that does some decent analysis and calls

Guy who turned 0.2BTC into what is now 10+BTC, announcing his positions on Veeky Forums while calling tops and bottoms almost perfectly

Hey Zat good to see you what was your twitter again?

Zata_Zu

testing.....

>follow philakone
>oh this guy is a smart trader he said long neo at $120 ill try out my first trade

>follow zatazu
>man i got burned on philakone, gonna try out this guys calls hes successful
>short at 14400 stoploss 14550

>oh that was my mistake he moved his stoploss, i should have too, oh well ill try him again
>long at 9900

im just not cut out for this i guess

errr *11400, 11550

That's what I think, let's wait 3 - 4 months to end this bear market, unless you commerce internationally, Don't speculate with crippled Bitcoin core for awhile

Not all my trades are going to be winners, I can only enter at positions I deem low-risk/high-reward.

yea not blaming, just bad luck probably. i agreed with all the calls, i suspect if you were watching the 10k btc trade you woulda noticed it was turning south

Followed your twitter- nice calls indeed.

When to sell sir?

When do you figure is a good time to buy in?

Hard to read BTC at the moment. Trailing stop 50?

Im thinking euro fags will dump. Hopong anyway forgot to close my short from 10.6

which was the official reason for your ban?

When I'm sufficiently sure of trend continuation/ trend reversal. Can depend on a number of things, but usually OBV/RSI/MACD are good indicators to look at

Posting a tip jar, which someone requested in the thread. Got banned for "begging".

I was going to start with about .2 BTC myself on Bitmex...I've been paper trading myself and made some good calls but I'm a bit timid to do the real thing, granted I can afford to lose the money. some questions

1) How much leverage do you use on average?
2) Do you place your stops on supports/resistances or % of stack
3) Were you using your whole starting stack in each trade and as you profited just reinvested for the next trade?

Any other criteria you use or tips would be appreciated thanks

1). Either 10x or 25x. Average around 19 if I were to guess.

2) I place my stops slightly below resistances.

3) I only went 100% once, which was in my very first trade. Now I usually go 50%~ on 10x trades, and 15-20%~ on 25x. Note that this is probably way too high and not proper bankroll management, so I don't advise you follow my lead in this regard

how can you stay out of btc when it's the whole market looool

Do you use RSI and macd?

oh shit it's already near your entry price
we probably still have another wave up, though

Yes. My favorite indicators are BB, RSI, stoch RSI, EMA, MACD and OBV

How long you been doing this?

Do u ever mess around ema's to smooth em out ? Or just leave them default

You got me to try my hand at Bitmex again.
So far so good, way more risk adverse than yourself. Thanks for the tips!

Around a year. I usually leave them default
Probably a good thing, my bankroll management is definitively one of my weak sides.

We will see 5k or 15k first?

I'm pretty bullish long-term, so 15k.

What's a good point to buy in with fiat after it bounces off 10k or so?

We'll be going under 9k, I assume? What's the next resistance below that?

Going up from here boys

Regarding BB, do you personally generally only initiate a trade when the bands are close together? And at this time you use rsi to decide on which direction it will be go?

thank you good sir for the info

Tight BB's usually mean there's an imminent breakout/breakdown. I don't only use RSI, I try to look at the whole picture and get a general understanding instead of relying on sole indicators.

Not sure if it's going to bounce off 10k, I also doubt we're going under 9k short-term. 9.5k has been established as the current bottom even faced with the hardest FUD in months.
Sell at 9900~ if long and rebuy after breakout.

What charts u find most helpful for your indacators especially bb and stotch rsi
1m,15m,etc.

this. btc is NEVER dropping below 10k again

Depends. Shorter timeframes (1m-5m) for scalping, otherwise 15-30-1hr.

I just read that further apart indicates a breakout (breakout meaning leaving support and resistance I assume). Close means low volatility indicating it will soon move but stay within supports

Very wide BB's = high volatility, breakout already happening.

Very close BB's = low volatility (in crypto this is very indicative of an imminent price explosion in either direction)

I prefer to trade during close BB's, although there are many exceptions.

>Sell at 9900~ if long and rebuy after breakout.
Sell low, buy high?

Thoughts on XDN?

how do you trade obv?

Are you checking volume on Bitmex or using trading view to check it on GDAX/Bitstamp?

I got liquidated on Bitmex yesterday because the fucking server went down during the freefall so it wouldnt let me close my position. I'm done with that shit.

>no stop loss
ur fault

Are you Omeganigger?

Looks like we had a double top on the 1D chart, which of course would indicate a downward trend, but it’s really still a guess as to what’s gonna happen next...

Couple questions..
Swim is in the US, so far VPN based out of china + protonmail is working. Any suggestions there?

Also, what's a decent method for profit withdrawal into fiat?

referring to bitmex specifically

Do you know why bitmex sets a liquidation price on stop limits? Doesn’t it contradict the long position you have? Example, I buy long at 10k and plan to sell at 10.5k. If I set a stop loss at 9.7k then the liquidation price is set at 10.1k. How does that work?

can you like make a telegram so I don't have to come to this autistic site during work to see sensible advice amongst a load of autism.

Perhaps down the line. For now I only use Veeky Forums and twitter.

Thoughts on Elliot Wave? From what I'm seeing I see a wave 4 setting up then a possibility of dropping to around 9 - 8.9k.

Elliot wave is good in hindsight but shit for predicting as a standalone indicator

This.

hey dude, just wanna say keep up the good work.
I'm following on twitter

always wanted to try learning TA and you seem very knowledgeable, could you perhaps recommend a book or video tutorials that got you started?