PLEASE PLACE THE ITEM IN THE BAGGING AREA

PLEASE PLACE THE ITEM IN THE BAGGING AREA

WELCOME

IF YOU ARE A SCAN IT!® CUSTOMER, PLEASE SCAN THE BARCODE LOCATED ABOVE THE MONITOR BEFORE SCANNING YOUR STOP AND SHOP CARD.

ALL OTHER CUSTOMERS, PLEASE SCAN YOUR STOP AND SHOP CARD NOW

REMINDER THIS SELF SERVE CHECK OUT IS CREDIT CARD ONLY.

ATTENDANT HAS BEEN NOTIFIED TO ASSIST YOU

PLEASE REMOVE THE ITEM FROM YOUR BAG AND TRY AGAIN

PLEASE WAIT FOR AN ATTENDANT TO ASSIST YOU

>always use self check out so I dont have to talk to anyone
>mfw the attendant is called because their fucked up system
reeeeeeee

ONE TWENTY NINE
ONE TWENTY NINE
ONE TWENTY NINE
ONE TWENTY NINE
TWO FIFTY NINE
TWO FIFTY NINE
PLEASE WAIT FOR ASSISTANCE

I used you to avoid drawing attention to the fact I was buying 4 personal tv dinners and two 40oz, not so you could loudly shout it out to everybody

>Basket of foods.
>Scan avocados as green peppers.
>Asks how many bags I'm buying.
>0
>Take 5 extra bags.
Feels good.

I hate how these things are calibrated to be slow as fuck because most people have the reaction times of a garden snail.
I spend more time tapping the "NO BAG" and "CREDIT" button than i do scanning things because it takes literal seconds before it will respond to my button presses.

For fucks sake, buying a single item shouldn't take this long.

>want to use reusable shopping bag to get the discount
>afraid attendant will judge you because your bag is from another store

This shit always happens to me because I want to keep shit moving, skip bagging a couple of times, and then it forces the attendant to come everytime after that.

REEEEEEE

UNEXPECTED ITEM IN BAGGING AREA

Fuck this, what the fuck? What does it even mean?

It means SHOPLIFTING DETECTED!!

>in bagging area
>shoplifting
Just run out the door, who the fuck is stacking shit on a scale at a POS to steal?

Would you actually get in trouble for entering the incorrect codes? Like weighing a pound of exclusive chocolate as if it were flour. Is there any way they're catch you?

There's usually a main computer next near the checkout terminals that shows everything scanned and purchased. If they saw you didn't scan something that's in your basket or purposefully input a wrong item to get it for cheaper they might detain you for shoplifting or something but at that point just run

>Take Dad to the grocery store
>First time he's tried to use the self checkout
>Just starts scanning everything one after another without putting them into be weighed
>Machine freezes up
>Staff gets pissed because it took down all the self checkouts for 15 minutes.

They deserved it for linking their machines together in a mesh.

I actually have no problems with these machines.

>using self check
>scan first item
>attendant comes over and licks her finger then opens the plastic bag at my station
>huge trail of spit hangs in the air between her finger and mouth as she does so
>spit glistening on the side of the plastic bag
>my skin crawls but I contain myself
>place all my items next to the bags, I'll just carry them out
>attendant comes back as I finish up
>"Don't you want a bag?"
>"Uh, s-sure"
>place items in bag
>she gives me dirty looks
>go home and wash all the things I bought

I don't know why I didn't just say no, or why she seemed to take it so personal. I always checked if she was working before using self check after that.

>scan everything and throw it in the bagging area
>if it bitches just give it a second to re weigh the bagging area
>insert card, it automatically chooses the payment method, only interaction is with the card reader
>fucking leave
It's like you people have never used a slow computer before, give it some time and don't be a child throwing a tantrum.