First thing that comes to mind when you hear "Sandwich"

A slice of American cheese and mayonnaise. Simple, but it was always seemingly my go to snack after I got home from school as a child/teen.

Obviously it's not the best sandwich, or the one I'd want if I had more time to think about it, but it was the first sandwich that came to mind when I think of "sandwich".

PB and J was second.

Pizza.

Hot dogs.

Trident layers gum

For me it is the McChicken. The best fast food sandwich.

A big russian man with a minigun saying it.

Then, triangular white bread, ham, cheese, lettuce, and an olive on a pick on top.

>First thing that comes to mind when you hear "Sandwich"
Vegemite. Not joking. Not my favourite but it's also probably the word I've heard most followed by "sandwich". Had vegemite sandwiches all the time growing up.

When I think sandwich I never think of triangle sandwiches on white bread because I never eat that kind of bread. For me it's something on a sub roll or a baguette. So the first things I think of would be an Italian cold cut hoagie, a banh mi and a Cuban sandwich. It would take me a long time to get to a cheese sandwich on white bread, and I would never think to put mayo on that, maybe mustard or butter.

Cheap low-fat cottage cheese on dry rye bread.

Is the bread toasted? I would assume so, otherwise, wouldn't the cottage cheese sog through the bread, basically?

I like cottage cheese, but I usually honestly just eat it plain with a bit of salt, sometimes hot sauce. I think it might taste good on some toast, though.

For me, Fried Spam and Egg Sandwich. My dad used to make that for us every Sunday after we came back from Church.

This is gonna really kind of disgust some of you, but I think of fried calf-brain sandwiches, Scrapple, and thick cut fried bolognia.

Guess where I am from...

and calf brain, sliced breaded and fried is basically manna from heaven.

A hot dog.

An Italian hoagie

PA, somewhere between Philly and Lancaster County.

man, I used to do the same thing and I cringe now whenever I think about it. I'd put so much fucking mayonnaise on and I'd LOVE IT.

but now, it's gotta be pic related. it's just the best sandwich. not that it tastes the best, or that it's the most superior sandwich, but i have never been disappointed by a turkey club. i'd eat one everyday for lunch if it didn't make me feel like a fatass

italian

dammnit forgot pic

i love you

White bread or something better for you like pic related, good deli turkey and cheddar, and may oh nays, i like a lot of different stuff, but that is the sandwich i always enjoyed. the bread has to be a bit doughy though, none of than crumbly bland shit.

grilled cheese is what i think of first, I've been eating at least 2 a day for years

nailed it.

ham turkey cheese lettuce mustard mayo tomato

>french bread cut deli style
>thick layer of real american cheese (real cheese but american style)
>layer of pepperoni
that's it

So you're also familiar with hot souse, chow chow, Lebanon bologna, lettuce with hot bacon dressing, shoo-fly pie, apple butter and pot pie made with square noodles instead of crust. My mother is from that part of the world, so I grew up with some of that stuff. My bro lives there now.

It's amazing anyone survives the midwest.

I wouldn't call PA the Midwest, but the same German influences that shaped some of the local cuisine there ended up in the Midwest as well. Some of that shit is really regional to PA though. I've never seen lamb stew topped with dumplings or little dumplings in bean soup anywhere else.

I-is that bacon raw?

>Bacon
>Raw

but?

You know what I mean. Uncooked. Floppy and cold.

Tomatoes, cucumber, lettuce, slice of red leicester, and some sauce (probably HP or salad cream) filling between two slices of thick white bread.

i miss people putting the olives on sandwiches, nobody seems to do it anymore

Tuna salad on toast, with green lettuce

This. I always split mine with a razor and make a mini big mac gum sandwich. I like to call it a bigumac.

ham and english mustard

nutella desu

that's ehat most of my sandwiches are desu. easiest to make I guess Not very nutricious in any way tho. german nutella is different from dutch nutella btw. kinda weird for an international brand to fuck with their recipe like that.

For me, it is the

egg salad

Bow bow bow...

(Um, do that again)

Bow bow bow...

Have you ever heard of a wish sandwich? A wish sandwich is the kind of a sandwich where you have two slices of bread and you, hee hee hee, wish you had some meat...

Bow bow bow...

Ummm... the other day I had a ricochet biscuit. A ricochet biscuit is the kind of a biscuit that's supposed to bounce back off the wall into your mouth. If it don't bounce back... you go hungry!

Bow bow bow...

Umm, umm, umm... the other day I had a cool water sandwich and a Sunday-go-to-meetin' bun...

Bow bow bow...

Hee hee hee hee... What da ya want for nothing? ... a rubber biscuit?

Bow bow bow...

My Grandpa

Small french roll, slice of cheese (mozzarella or mild cheddar, ideally), slice of deli meat.

It's the #9 or you can go fuck a horse

my sides are in orbit!

do you mind if I save that? I want to show it to the grandkids at xmas. they will not believe it!

Pastrami, Swiss, yellow mustard, romaine lettuce, rye bread. I now want a pastrami sandwich

Slice of bread, spread with margarine, salt, pepper and paprika, and some salami on top
Such is life growing in Eastern Yurop

Cottage cheese is great with that "Salad Supreme" seasoning sprinkled on top... also with a bit of fruit of your choice. Godly.

>not a sandwich but I just had to comment on the cottage cheese... it's been years since I've had that stuff.

Scrapple was the only thing that grossed me out, to be honest.

vegemite and some cheese lightly toasted, awww yeaaa

bread doughy (a little chewy)
I love sourdough that way...

with all the holes that Veeky Forums hates

>"may oh nays" said like that dude from "An Officer And A Gentleman".

Mouth the words "Olive juice" to somebody without actually speaking and they will misunderstand you.

uh...

Now I have to attempt this.

dammit

Lmao wtf

>Lmao wtf
Back to Facebook, Junior.

Tomato sandwich that I make

sourdough bread
beefsteak tomato
some kind of sliced cheese, I like cheddar
sriracha mayo

so you go 50/50 sriracha and mayo spread on both slices of bread

slice tomatos and put them on the bread, add salt and pepper on top

put cheese

top with other slice of bread

done

I guess if you want to be fancy, you can put some good olive oil on the tomato before adding salt and pepper.

McPretty

sliced white bread
buttered
ham

milanesa sandwich or Schnitzel sandwich
The one from tucuman argentina "criollo" or "gaucho"
aji , onions ,tomato ,lettuce , mayonnaise , fried eggs , the milanesa , mustard.
Milanesa is softer than the mcchiken when you bite it

>Lebanon bologna
dammit I miss Lebanon bologna. Thank goodness for my PA Dutch cookbook so I can at least have shoofly pie every now and again.

In Santa Cruz, Bolivia there was this steak joint that was pretty well known. My uncle would always take us there for steak sandwiches. A nice medium rare sirloin steak, lettuce, tomato, a dressing or sauce made from local peppers, and potato stix on a toasted buttered maraketa loaf. To me, that's a perfect sandwich.

BLT for some reason.

A cartoon sandwich with

>meat
>cheese
>tomato
>lettuce
>onion
>pickle
>mustard/mayonnaise

Ohio

Chicken bacon, mayo and lettuce on wholemeal
No idea why since I don't eat that very often