Alright, Veeky Forums what is the best Christmas sweet in USA I must try? And does pic related taste like shit?

Alright, Veeky Forums what is the best Christmas sweet in USA I must try? And does pic related taste like shit?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=R4DBZ2TBp-w
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

They're fucking delicious.

>Alright, Veeky Forums what is the best Christmas sweet in USA I must try?

None of them are must-have really. Best I can think of is a good homemade pie by someone's grandma that still knows how to actually cook.

>>Does pic related taste like shit?
No, but they're pretty bad. Imagine old grainy-textured (but not "crunchy") peanut butter that's been left out too long coated with the cheapest quality "chocolate" that money can buy. The idea of chocolate + PB isn't bad. The execution is.

>they're pretty bad
Are they really? I think they're pretty good, they're not really that dry or mealy in my opinion.

Sure, the chocolate isn't the best I've ever had, but it's by no means bad.

Pop them bitches in a freezer for about an hour or two. @pic related

was there over thanksgiving, here's what I remember trying

did not like:
twinkies (oversweet and very artificial-feeling; too oily)
almond joy (interesting combination but too cheap chocolate, mostly tastes like a discount bounty)
reese's (weird grainy texture to the peanut butter, chocolate is cheap and waxy)

liked:
a&w and bang's root beer
mounds
peanut butter m&ms
three musketeers

also got very tasty melons. strawberries had nice texture but weren't very sweet. tap water was kind of chalky but tasted alright. this was southern california

it's not bad, just sweet peanut butter and chocolate. good if you have a sugar addiction

Almond Joy/Mounds and Reese's are made by Hershey, which uses some sort of cheaper substitute for cocoa butter in their chocolate. Waxy taste & texture is a fairly common complaint.

THESE ARE THE BEST

My favorite candy bars and sweets are:

Take 5 candy bar
Reese's Pieces
Cinnamon bun Oreos
Twix candy bar
Snickers candy bar (or even better, buy the Snickers ice cream bars)

Pic Rel. All others can get the fuck out.

this shit is much better

In my city we drop a giant one of these for New Years. I have not fucking idea why because they didn't even originate from here. Giant meme in all grocery stores here too.

They taste salty to me.

turrĂ³n de yema

not really FROM the US... but it can be found in the US.

got these earlier.. can't go wrong with these

they can be kinda repugnant in large quantities though..

Reese's products are fantastic, especially when you use the Pieces for baking.

Pic related is the GOAT Christmas chocolate though

Try a Charleston Chew.

The are really good and even better if you stick em in the fridge or freezer.

I like the cherry flavour.

Fucking love Moon Pies. Went to Fort Hood with my unit for a month in the desert. First thing I did when I got back to the 'FOB' was go to the mini PX and try to buy a Vanilla Coke and Moon Pie.

Sperged out and quite vocally called California a cess-pool that wishes it could be considered a part of civilization. In a not-nice way. Good thing I'm an E-7 and there were only E-peons around.

Did you try Barq's? Barq's has bite.

youtube.com/watch?v=R4DBZ2TBp-w

Twinkies recipe was tweaked and tastes like crap now.

Strawberries here are picked firm and the varieties grown are selected to look pretty on the shelf. Good strawberries are the soft ripe ones that accidentally make into the container or ones you pick yourself.

You got lucky with the melons. Most melons are also picked unripe and taste bland.

I fucking love those Snickers Cripsers. I tried one expecting to be disappointed and instead ended up borderline addicted to the damn things. I can't be near them.

Just stay home if you're going to talk about reeses that way

Of all the absolutely shit chocolate that comes out of the US, Reese's is the best. Something about the sugar is more cocaine-like than other chocolate.

One Pound Snickers

I make this for people on the holidays:

>short bread cookie batter, rolled thin

>cut into bite size triangle pieces

>bake, then when cooled carefully arange one single piece if a small fruit on top of each (a single blueberry, rasberry, cut strawberry, etc)

>Drizzle thin lines of dark or white chocolate over the cookie to hold the fruit in

>Let cool and serve

The shortbread isn't really sweet so it helps to pair it with fruit and chocolate for people who don't like really rich candy. It's also just sweet enough to be enjoyable to everyone else.

>does pic related taste like shit?
If it's fresh from the store and the peanut butter is still moist they're pretty good. But if they've been around a bit the pb dries out and you may as well thrown them in the garbage. I think that's what happened to some anons ITT

I've never had a dried one.

Christmas is all about cookies

Reese's are way to sweet

For me it's the Snickers, the best chocolate bar

I've only had dried ones.