I AM GOING TO FUCKING KILL MYSELF!! WHY THE FUCK CAN'T I FLIP AN EGG OVER EASY WITHOUT BREAKING THE YOLK!!!!!!!!

I AM GOING TO FUCKING KILL MYSELF!! WHY THE FUCK CAN'T I FLIP AN EGG OVER EASY WITHOUT BREAKING THE YOLK!!!!!!!!
What the fuck do I do? It's ridiculously hard. How to people do this? An when I do manage to fucking flip it without breaking the yolk (10% of the time) it comes out over medium or over hard. Fried eggs are fucking bullshit. I'm seriously about to fucking give up and go back to scrambled. Fucking asshole eggs.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qmSC3QjtU8g
youtube.com/watch?v=1376ITxF1Oc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Had a friend who killed himself just this year because he couldn't flip an egg properly.

Cover the fucking egg with a lid. You don't actually flip the egg.

if you're just making them for yourself, who gives a fuck? runny yolks are shit anyway.

>You will immediately cease and not continue to access the site if you are under the age of 18.

Well, how about not flipping them then.
Just turn the heat down and serve as soon as the top of the yolk turns white.

I don't understand your need to flip the egg?

It's rare in Britain to flip the egg, if anything we add a little more Oil/Butter/Lard and use a spatula to flip the molten liquid over the egg, making it opaque but still runny.

Practice

What are you guys talking about who say don't flip the egg? I've tried this method and the top of the yolk never goes white until the egg is basically over hard. All it does is cook the side that is touching the pan to absolute shit. Is there a trick to doing this to assure the yolk stays soft? I've heard of people adding a bit of water and putting a lid on top so it steams the top of the egg.. Does anyone have experience with this method working?

>What are you guys talking about who say don't flip the egg?
You never read my post

Why do most people in Britain do it this way? Are they just smarter than Americans and know that flipping an egg is hard? They've been cucked by the yolks to many times? Or is just simply the way it has always traditionally been done?

>the top of the yolk never goes white
so what?

Salt lowers the temps required to make the egg solid

>Why do most people in Britain do it this way?
It was the way my mother did it, It seems to be the norm.
Yes, there maybe more oil on the egg but if you want a 'healthy egg' - don't fry it . . .poach it.

USE A NONSTICK PAN AND COOK THE BOTTOM OF THE EGG ON MEDIUM HEAT UNTIL THE EGG SLIDES AROUND IN THE PAN WITHOUT FALLING APART, THEN TOSS IT IN THE AIR USING THE PAN AND CATCH IT ON THE OTHER SIDE

I fucking did this once and the egg didn't break. Nobody ever believed me.

And then you wake up and realise you haven't a clue what you are talking about.

Alright kid, let me tell you how it's done. First of all lower the fucking heat. Most people cook eggs on a pan that way to hot. Put the heat on medium.
Let the pan heat to temp first then add a spat of butter. After the butter is melted drop your egg in
The pan. Also make sure your pan is level so the egg doesn't all go running to one side. Don't fuck with the egg, leave it alone until the white turns white. Then add salt and pepper if you like. Right after add a tablespoon of water and cover to steam for about 30 seconds. The top of the yolk should whiten over. You now have a perfect egg. Your welcome.

Learn to baste eggs nigger.

How can people not flip an egg? First thing i learned when to cook.

What a load of bullshit.

Your yolk most likely seeped to the bottom, you moran.

>yolk whitened over
>perfect

That's how you ruin a sunny side up egg.

Why would you flip an egg if you want the yolk runny?

Who said anything about sunnyside up?

get one of these.

or alternatively, any nonstick pan and a lid.

Give it a chance to heat until it turns from translucent to white so the yolk is set in place.

Get your spatula underneath and flip it quickly while tilting the pan toward the egg, no hesitation. When you take it out, easier to hold your plate upside down, then flip the plate over holding the egg in place with the spatula.

That said just leaving it sunny side up is superior and relatively foolproof if you can't stop breaking yolks. If still want that over easy look just splash some oil over the yolk so it whitens over.

It's not over easy if you don't flip it.

PAN

NICE AND HOT

put a lid over the pan and like teaspoon of water on the corner/outside of the pan away from the egg.

the steam will help cook the yolk a bit, leave it covered until you get your desired yolk consistency

>runny yolks are shit anyway.
W R O N G
R
O
N
G

>i never heard of soft basted eggs ever.

Fried eggs are healthy though. Literally nothing wrong with frying them

Frying anything is objectively unhealthy because it replaces nutrients with unhealthy oil and fat.

There's not enough oil in that pan. You need more to stop the egg sticking.

>replaces nutrients
Momscience pls go

Why flip them?

5 minutes, medium heat, get them eaten

use fresh eggs. the membrane on the yolk will be stronger. Also learn to to the pan flippy thing. When you get good at that, it will be more gentle on the egg than any spatula can be.

Non stick pan, non stick FLAT spatula. Tilt the pan downwards at a 45 degree angle so that the egg slides onto the spatula. Then flip. Its really that easy, but like anything takes practice. Take your time and try doing one egg at a time.

I actually never heard of them until I worked in a kitchen for a while, favorite way to do eggs now.

Use a bigger pan. Use a flatter pan. Make sure you're using oil or butter, even on a nonstick. A silicone spatula helps.

For starters, try using a smaller pan if you have one. Use a little more oil than you think is necessary. Wait until the pan is actually hot, just above medium heat, don't just throw it in at the beginning. If the bottom is sticking, leave it, it's not ready to flip. When the egg starts sliding by itself flip it. If you wanna be smart though just do it soft basted or poached.

animedudemakesegg.gif

I'm able to flip eggs this way with like a 60% chance of not majorly fucking it up:

Med heat. Oil or butter. Coat pan evenly. Let egg cook until bottom is full white. Use spatula and coax the egg white free of the pan (use gentle, small scraping prods). Once it's free, it should slide around easily in the oil. After doing this, grab the entirety of the bottom of the egg with the spatula so that it can be lifted fully off the pan. Now, tilt the egg just slightly to the side with a spatula, and GENTLY let it flip over onto the yolk. If you're careful it won't break. Let it cook for 20 seconds while basting with oil. Then it's ready.

This will yield perfect fried eggs which still have a liquid yolk. However, it's not always successful.

Meant to respond to

wait till the base is cooked enough to turn over. dont be too aggressive when flipping or it'll break

>ctrl + F "fresh"
>Only 1 result

Pretty disappointed to be honest. Buy fresh eggs, OP. Simple as that.

>if you're just making them for yourself, who gives a fuck?
for an aspie, something like not having the yolks in their eggs broken is one of those little things that is really important.

OP. You gotta calm down. When you flip the egg, just let it roll over itself. It's all in the wrist. Catch the egg like your knees catch you when you jump - with compression/slack to make it more gentle.

Ever since I learned to poach in the microwave I only cook eggs on the stove when I need a lot of them but I'd say some of the "secrets" are to use oil, a good smooth pan, low heat and a very thin spatula.

Many such cases

>THEN TOSS IT IN THE AIR USING THE PAN
Why the hell would I want to burn myself with boiling hot butter? Anyway you don't need to flip them. Just shut the heat off when the whites are mostly solid, they'll continue to cook while you get them on the plate and you the the rest of your food ready.

If you cover the pan, the steam will cook the top half of the egg and there's no need to flip.

steel spatula

>there cannot possibly be an instance where an appropriate amount of butter is used to fry a fucking egg

Please just get daddy to cook your egg for you next time

kek

>57 posts about how to flip an egg

This. Lower the heat and use more butter.

If that is your egg in pic, OP, you flipped it too soon. Wait until the egg white is just cooked- white, but not translucent.

Get a good pan that you know cooks evenly to start. Let the pan heat up on low heat for a minute before putting the egg in with plenty of butter/oil. (The oil should just layer the bottom of the pan evenly)

Drop the egg in and let it cook till most of the clear has turned white. Gently scrape the spatula under one side, then the other till the egg is slipping around the pan easily. Then, and only then, do you attempt to flip.

Nonstick pan with a pladtic spatula has worked the best for me so far.

youtube.com/watch?v=qmSC3QjtU8g

I used to be retarded, too, but then I realized that flipping sucks dick. Basically, you just put your stove on very low heat (my shit goes up to 10, I set it to 2), put a little bit of oil in the pan, crack an egg in there and leave the fucker alone for 5-10 minutes based on desired doneness. Comes out literally perfect every time.

Grease the front wall of your pan, tilt around 45° forward. If the eggs don't slide down take a spatula and "release" them. Flip eggs up but not ridiculously high. When you catch them be sure to bring the pan down with them so they don't just smack down on the pan. At this point you should also shit the heat off, or at least within ten seconds or so.

>shit the heat off

Everything else is solid advice

if you use the oil and fat for energy its not unhealthy. just dont overeat

kek

using a table spoon, spoon some of the excess fat over the egg, top should start becoming more opaque.
Spatula underneath, flip the fucker over.
20-30 seconds, left and serve.
I don't eat eggs, but its how my wife wants em. Runny yolk, never breaks on me.

>It's rare in Britain to flip the egg

What part of the UK are you from?

spray the butter.
wait till done enough.
flip.

I like to flip, if you don't they can crust up on the bottom.

It's easy once you get the hang of it.
I do this all the time at work.
Stop being retarded.

This thread is fucking hilarious

>Frying anything is objectively unhealthy

right

>because it replaces nutrients with unhealthy oil and fat.

Wrong

Some nutrients will be lost, but some will be enhanced by the presence of fat. What really makes frying unhealthy is the compounds that are formed by browning with oil. All that shit that tastes good and is crispy is just semi burnt food, and it's not healthy for you. just sous vide or steam it.

Butter. Apply a lot of it while the pan is heating up, medium heat. When the butter starts to brown, put the eggs on.

With a nonstick pan the eggs will flip over effortlessly. With a regular pan you'll need to be careful but should be able to do it no problem.

It's called eggs over easy. You get a perfect solid egg white without having to cook the yolk solid. It's the perfect fried egg and really shines when you have some toast for the yolk.

>I used to be retarded, too, but then I realized that flipping sucks dick
You just don't get it.

9 years in the industry, 4 years as a short-order cook. Just go to a fucking diner, because you're obviously fucking incompetent.

Pakistan

1) good non stick pan
2) nice wide spatula
3) quick wrist action (should be easy for anyone on Veeky Forums)
4) practice
5) cheat by flipping the entire pan onto a plate and then sliding the eggs off the plate back into the pan

Also, you must be trolling... using a FUCKING WOK to flip an egg. Use a small non-stick pan, butter, medium heat. This isn't rocket science people, just a flick of the wrist. Have a butter brush and a non-stick spatula is helpful. FUCK I HATE

How does one cuddle an egg? I'd never heard of cuddled eggs before until I heard Ned Flander's children saying they wanted their eggs cuddled when Neddy asked them how they wanted them cooked.

All I have is stainless steel cookware. Any tips on frying eggs in those?

So the same experience as sunny side up but needless room for potential failure?

Spend the $10 on a cast iron or nonstick pan. If you really can't afford them, try seasoning it:

youtube.com/watch?v=1376ITxF1Oc