Al/ck/ohol general - why is my left side aching edition

make it stop.

why can't we stop friends?

I could stop but I don't want to

I got a bad case of the sads. Only alcohol and work relieve it.

These threads are getting worse than stoner threads. No one cares that you can't control your addiction.

With that said, I just made a bottle of limoncello for a party tonight.

drown your sorrows in a bottle of tomorrows

huh, neat

Nice. How's it done?

Also, there's no harm in having one dedicated thread for this kind of thing. Stops it spilling out onto the rest of the board

worse than what

Ur mum

Over a month since Ive been out of detox round 2

Been drunk every day since. Get drunk in the mcdonalds bathroom before work, walk into work with vodka in my waist band, drink in the shopping mall bathroom on the way home

I hate my life.

>control
>an addiction

>getting drunk in mcdonalds bathroom

jesus christ. thats top level shit. I thought I was bad before but Im not even close to anything like this. ive never even drank before work 1 time in my life and im 30.
the worst I do is go to a mexican place that serves breakfast when im half way between drunk and hungover and get bottomless mimosas to get drunk again.

:0

some people do care, and they know where to go to show they care.
Enjoy your party!

Looks like Coronas are the drink of the day bros.

>was getting everything under control
>tapered down from 10+ beers a night to 2 or 3
>fucked it all up a few nights ago
>girl i barely know randomly messaged me on facebook
>we were hitting it off
>endorphins were rushing, so i just kept drinking
>ended up drinking half a bottle of jameson after several beers
>got up and immediately fell over, not realize how drunk i'd gotten
>threw up several times and passed out on the bathroom floor
>had to call in sick to work the next day
>need to learn to stop responding to stimulation with more alcohol

"i have no self-esteem or willpower and blame it on chemicals"

Been an alkie for a good 6-7 years now, I average about a bottle and a half of wine per day(read: 2 beers after work and a bottle of wine at home). I drink due to depression stemming from severe sexual repression, social anxiety, 'loner' syndrome and wouldn't be at all surprised if I was on the spectrum somewhere. Also doesn't help that because of work I spend about 20-21hrs per day alone in my own head. Life is suffering.

LMAO

wouldn't your right side actually ache? as your liver is primarily on the right? can any medfags weigh in on this?

why is that funny? or are you just being an edgy cunt

neither actually. at least at his rate he will be dead soon.

I pretend Im taking a shit but I just drink vodka. Normally Im half a fifth (375 ml) in before I walk into work

with respect, a bottle and a half of wine a day constitutes lightweight alcoholism unless you're like 90lbs.

If you're a male of normal build that is babby-tier alcoholism that will come with none of the side effects of hardcore drinking unless you have absolute shit genetics

i'm not saying it doesn't suck in some ways, but most alcoholics who post here are blacking out all the time and sucking back over a fifth a day and dealing with WDs at work, if they have jobs at all, vomiting blood, etc.

how much semen is in it

That's actually good to know, thanks I guess. I worry because it feels like my mind is slowly unravelling; complex thoughts are getting harder to reificate, I can barely hold a conversation that goes beyond day to day pleasantries. Oh and I also have bad bladder control, I have woken up in my own piss so often it doesn't bother me anymore. Can I join the club yet? Just figured I might find some good company.
Regarding genetics, I have terrible eyesight, worse hearing, and I started losing my hair age 17 (27 now).
Also that ain't me, and possibly needs a hug even more than I do.

Damn I used to do this too.
I worked in a bar and would always go to the back and snag three or four guinness from the fridge to shotgun in the bathroom during break.
Then after work use all my tips on a half gal and a cake.

you might just have shit genetics. if you experience moderate to severe anxiety until you get some vino in you there's a good chance that's your brain tweaking out without its favorite depressant.

given your genetics, you're probably also suffering from some diagnosable mental disorders as well.

avoid taking benzos if they offer them to you unless you're absolutely sure you can moderate your consumption. they're great for the WDs but the only thing worse than being addicted to alcohol is being addicted to alcohol AND benzos. the chance of you dying from WD is already reasonable if you're addicted to one or the other but BOTH is fucking awful.

good luck man, quit if you can, get hooked on exercise or something.

Oh nah, the anxiety was before the booze. Been screwed up mentally since I was about 13. Although I'm not really sure what I'm like off the booze, I haven't been able to quit for more than a few days for almost a decade now. But anyway, thanks for the advice, I do appreciate it. At least I've kicked the narcotics, that's something at least. You're a good man, wish I knew people like you irl.

im sorry you dont have good friends. im sure you're a good person as well, i find that addicts are some of the best people you will know, at least when they're off their respective substance. stay strong man, we're gonna make it at some point.

you know why they put lime in it?

mexicans put lime in everything. its the most popular mexican beer in america and the most popular beer in mexico.

that's really the reason.

that's not the reason, guess again

Flies.

disinfection might be a nicer way to describe it.

>most popular beer in mexico.

Wrong. Go to any local bar in El Norte Mexico and local spics are drinking Modello. Been there, seen and done it.

Negro Modello is actually an Austrian lager that began when some jew brewers emigrated to Mexico from Austria in the 30's before they were exterminated, and started brewing an Austria lager that only exists now in Mexico.

McDonalds bathroom drinker here. Its NOT a competition to see who can drink the most. Ive been in detox with old ladies who drink less than you do. Its what it does to you. Two weeks ago I left work absolutely hammered and was picked up by my family wandering around a bus stop

The struggle is real

That's generally how the brain works my friend. Producing chemicals to create "feelings" and you can force or inhibit all sorts of production. Take serotonin for example

In saying that though, I've never had an addiction in my life

Can't stop because I genuinely can't see a positive future.

My alcoholism is all about taking my mind of my plight, even if just for a night.

what's negative about dying and ceasing to exist forever

I'm too afraid to die and too scared to live.

>tfw you beat the alcohol meme

Be me, 32. Drinking hard for 12 years but functional with a good job. Find other interests they say, then you won't want to drink.

Try rock climbing and rapelling. Great! Enjoy the hell out of it. Always afterward a big party with massive booze and pot.

Ok. Buy a kayak playboat, hit the waves. Cool as hell! Massive party afterward. Booze and pot ubiquitous.

Ok. Try rugged hiking. Never seen vistas or air like this. Evening. Pot party with pints of various liquor passed around.

Try the intellectual life, then. Take graduate literature classes in the evening. Class over, everyone gathers at the hip watering hole near campus to discuss their theories.

What's next to try? A Pentocastal revival meeting where we handle rattlesnakes?

and also maybe hit me up an email if youre in florida? i'm gay and i look descent

going to safewy, which brand of beer should I buy?

Last week I got some belgian one. It was smooth.

I get those big glass bottles since I don't really drink btw

well i guess i drank again

whats there to do?

My stomach feels like shit.

I have 3/4 of a bottle to get through and I'm really slowing down. How do I push on and finish it?

I was a liter of vodka a day drinker
I'm on 15th day sober
Doc gave me ativan

good morning. 1hr till liquor store opens

I know it can be difficult, especially at first, but you can still enjoy those later social interactions without indulging in drinking. For addicts like us it's hard, but I know for me I've been able to have social interactions without drinking that were very enjoyable. I feel more present, and more "myself". It just takes awhile to get back to that point because we are so used to numbing down all our senses and emotions with alcohol.

Modelos sucks.

21 years old, been drinking 7+ a day for over a year. left side definitely aches due to liver atrophy. would rather die a drunk than live sober.

ILL EET WHEN IM HUNGRY, ILL DRINK WHEN IM DRY
AND IF THE WHISKEY DONT KILL ME
IL LIVE TILL I DIE!

>Peoples left sides are hurting after boozing too hard
>My right side always does
w-what does it mean

Today was my 50th consecutive day without alcohol. I was going to try making it a full year.

I've been taking Antabuse, but I ran out a couple days ago and was only able to refill it today. I realized I've been off the stuff for more than two full days now, and I could probably get away with drinking tonight. Some discomfort, sure, but I can drink through it.

So I wrestled with the question of drinking or popping the pill for a few hours, and I chose drinking. Just finished my first beer, and I'm starting to feel a little flushed and warm, my pulse is rising a bit, my breathing is becoming a little heavier, and I have that metallic taste in my mouth. Later I'll probably have diarrhea and vomit repeatedly. It's going to be a long night.

Back on the wagon tomorrow. I'll pop a double-dose and be safe at least for a month, before the current supply of Antabuse runs out.