Whats your opinion on buying restaurant gift vouchers?

Whats your opinion on buying restaurant gift vouchers?

Good idea or bad idea? Does the concept even exist in France? Forcing someone to go to one restaurant, or inspiring a pleb to try something new?

Good idea. If you don't like the menu just order drinks and leave. Hard to turn your nose up to a free beer or mixed drink.

>CHINCHIN

THE DARK LORD IS HEEEERE!!!!!

Shitty concept. Why not just give them cash instead of a card with a fixed amount of chromosomes they can't spend anywhere else?

>merry christmas, here's a twenty

Exactly. It's like you're saying, "I can't figure out a personal gift to get you, so I'll give you a sort of generic gift that forces you to conform to some absurd idea I have of decent food, like it or not."

Don't be a jackoff - give cash.

that describes any gift you could possibly give someone

stop being an edgy shit and just give a gift, it's more fun than a banknote taped to a christmas card.

At least it's not as annoying as having to choose between going to a place I might not even like and not using the gift at all.

If you're really worried about "muh impersonal gift", why not just give an actual gift then?

Because like you said, you're giving them a generic gift that forces them to conform to something you like.

Stop overthinking it and don't give a gift if this bothers you so much.

I don't accept or give gifts, but if I were to, cash would be the only thing I would want.

>someone gives gift
>oh no i only take cash
you must be fun to be around

Why would it be a bad idea? It's free shit

It's pretty simple, really. I don't accept gifts. Try saying it. Try living it. It's really quite refreshingly free feeling. Then you can observe the scurrying, foul faced, over stressed sheep, with a somewhat more whimsical air. Grow up and stop following meaningless patterns.

>It's pretty simple, really. I don't accept gifts. Try saying it. Try living it. It's really quite refreshingly free feeling. Then you can observe the scurrying, foul faced, over stressed sheep, with a somewhat more whimsical air. Grow up and stop following meaningless patterns.

Wat

ORE WA OCHINCHIN GA DAISUKI NANDAYO

its a good idea imho

either buy it from a restaurant that you Know he/she likes or something inoffensive but still good

Lmao. We're reaching new levels of fedora tipping here.

There is a set of circumstances where it's a good idea. If you want someone to go to a restaurant without having to be with them, etc. If they'd enjoy the experience it's worth it. If there's any chance of it going down like you're trying to force them to be less plebby etc then you're just giving them something to pass on to someone else at best.

For this to be a good gift I think it really has to be one of your favourite restaurants that the gift receivers haven't had a chance to get to, or something along those lines. There has to be some connection otherwise it's just conditional cash

ur a jackoff
fag

Bad idea. You're locking them into a place where they'll usually have to spend more or under the amount you give them. In some places, gift cards expire or have inactivity fees. No matter what, the restaurant wins.

That's assuming they'll actually go there and not re-gift it. (I get tons of free gift cards this way 2bh). And if you're in burgerland, there's that tipping fiasco.

>giving businesses a free no interest loan

I didn't even think goyim were this stupid