What does "authentic" mean to you?

What does "authentic" mean to you?

A word food snobs toss around like it means anything at all.

Not snitching, slanging rock, etc., etc

Nothing. Even people from the same region/country/city bicker about what is "authentic." It is subjective.

first post best post

Not using substitute ingredients.
Like, you make an authentic grilled cheese/toastie/local varient, I expect bread, butter and cheese, that's authentic, no tofu, no woven noodles, no cheese-substitute that you find on shitty pizzas. Bread. Butter. Cheese. Authentic.

Is that fucking DSP

fuck being authentic I want turkey on my grilled cheese

TO ME IT"S THE MCCHICKEN! THE BEST FASTFOOD SANDWICH!

authentic usually seems to be a synonym for autistic.

>california roll
>DATS NOT AUTHENTIC JAPANESE SUSHI
>arguing over whether provolone or cheez whiz is the real cheesesteak cheese

who cares

It is, how is he still alive?

Bugged sauce mechanics.

Fuck all.

It means if you say you're making a particular dish, then you're using a recipe and ingredients that make up that dish as it should be

Reddit is awful for this "Hay guise! I made a traditional carbonara! It has peas, smoky bacon, Swiss cheese, cream and jalapeƱos! It was yummy!" Make whatever you want, using the ingredients you want, just don't call it something that it isn't. That isn't a carbonara.

This is essentially correct. Make up a new name for your special concoction. If the name is "catchy," you might be able to make youtube bucks. But don't, for an instance, pretend that you've made the centuries old original dish. Why is it centuries old, older than the US itself? Because it's superlative and any alteration diminishes it.

Disgusting beta fuck faggot. "Men" these days, huh?

But it's a burger? i don't get you amerifats

That's what I thought.

I HIT THE BUTTON!!!

burger refers to a hamburger. A grilled ground beef patty. A chicken sandwich is a chicken sandwich.

Fuck you.