why

protein

i had a cricket taco in nyc

was pretty good

Why not?

silicon valley meme

Sustainability and curiosity

that's silly crickets don't make flour.

What's the matter Midwesterner? Too foreign for you?

poor crickums

Holy shit how does wheat make flour

Wheat pollen

A bit if I'm honest, would still try though

t. a Kansas City faggot

>flour

Wouldn't Cricket powder be more precise terminology?

>a Kansas City faggot
can you dance for us?

More partial to jumping around

>3.2oz bag of cricket flour for $8
>5lb bag of app for $8
God people are retarded.

I give my parrots some "monkey biscuits" which is a type of pet food that zoos give animals soaked in fruit cocktail or something.

I could see cricket flour might be used in some creature diets, animals in captivity that is. But, it's not like it's hard to raise crickets.

Wait, you don't think that cricket flour and AP flour are used for the same things, do you? They're not even close to being comparable in function.

Protip: Cricket flour is a protein and nutritional supplement. It has nothing to do with baked goods, cakes, breading, etc.

I need more protein and have a number of gluten and grain issues. Also help the environment and stuff.

I would try it, if I isn't half bad buy more regularly.

well their goes my cricket muffin idea
also those prices are too high

I honestly did, but I could have sword that I saw someone shilling the stuff (maybe not this brand) by saying that you could bake stuff with it.

>well their goes my cricket muffin idea

You could add some to enhance the nutrition of a muffin recipe, but you couldn't replace all of the flour with that.

>>prices are too high
Of course. It's a brand-new novelty product with a very niche market. When/if it becomes mainstream the prices will go down.

Until then you can make it yourself.

Possibly unrealistic cause I don't know their expenses, but it's still kinda silly to have such high prices for a concept based on cheap, easy to farm, and sustainable protein. I wonder how much luck someone would have if they came to the market with this shit dirt cheap and aiming for the whole powdered peanut butter phenomenon.

it's the new "gluten-free"

You can add it to baked goods as a nutritional supplement, or substitute SOME of the flour with it, but you certainly can't treat it as an exact replacement for flour in baked goods.

the "peanut powder" thing came about because it's literally a leftover (waste) product from manufacturing peanut oil. The powder used to be used in animal feed but then someone got the idea that it could be sold to people as well. It's literally an industrial waste product, thus its cost is very low.

>I could have sword

>Cricket flour

This grinds my Jiminy's