Fml

m8 i suggest you settle down and make yourself comfortable, its time to get liquidly exuberant and wreck shop on this kitchin

this thread is for anyone to post a cook-along, bake-along, drink-along, pickle-along or OC food/drink pics, post your meals or what ever if you dont want to make or use another thread

last thread >and the special ingredient IS........cat hair

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=u1Eivw-8RKs
epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/kofta-a-la-sauce-tomate-350154
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Patti on her Cat box.

God that cat looks smug. What is this, a smug cat board?

Are those the instant potatoes that Chef John shilled for?

Are they any good?

m8 i burn through work boots, got them xmas boots on reserve

fact: since the new kitter patti has gotten 78% less smug

m8 i havent tried that flavor but i wouldnt be surprised if he did, Ill shill the hell out of the Idahoan red taters with garlic and bacon i think it is, shit impressed the heck out of me, thats why im experimenting with more, seriously easy to make

>dat old school shit son
youtube.com/watch?v=u1Eivw-8RKs

imma throw a few dishes around real quick and well get shit crackin

That cat used to be even MORE smug?

this kitten has her a bipolar mess

im going to make ghetto buttermilk, leftover milk and imma squueze some lemon juice in there and let it sit a while

so while thats sittin its time to do violent things to this chicken

while i create chicken nightmare fuel i will be sippin on this beer, I dont usually drink non texas craft beer but when i do it has a subtly racist label

does the name refer to the colour or does this beer eally taste like chocolate?

every time i look at that cat, it seems to be taunting me:
>"think you can cook better?"

it def has chocolate in it, the flavor would be more dark choc, it also has ancho chili in it, i like stouts and desu its damn good, especially decent flavor for 9% gettin dickered here m8

lol

i have never made stock or whatever you do with these chiken cadavers but i got a grip of em now so should get a big pot soon and make that happen

I've been away for a while, is the kitten from teen mom's litter?

yes m8 and she is a cheeky cunt

making my marinade batter stuff

Bring back the cat, continue cooking

U R NOT MY REAL FATHER

so i salted that chicken and let it sit like 10 minutes then put it in the marinade

making the dry part of the breading this beer is not a joke beer hory shet

YOU STOLE THAT HABANERO POWDER

As a shit posting Australian, I imported some Lawry's and a few other flavored salts/spice rubs.
This is one thing I suggest every BBQ/smoker invests in.
I can no longer get pic related though, out favorite rub.

it was a setup i tells ya im innocent

never seen that, lawrys seasoning salt is good stuff but its not magic

>habbening

very busy

hit the spot, im full as hell gonna go lay down with some cats night

Nice. This image represents the luxury I felt when looking at yours.

>size 13

Your a big guy.

Making some chicken tikki masala in my crock pot

Smells like the UN in my house

>Smells like the UN in my house

What does global failure and lost causes smell like?

tikki masala dumbass

good joke by the way

Curry and garlic without the 130 degree heat and sand in your socks

breakfast

Why would you fucking plate a whole bananana like that?

WHEW lads. That was spicy af

hows smuggo the cat

>Size 13 mater race

What up bro, Patti lookin happy.

>tfw your cat is sick and you're too depressed to cook

Give your kitties a kiss from me, OP.

Hey man, good to see you and kitteh again. I've not been able to post anything in ages due to new job at restaurant that's just opening up, resulting in my working about 90 hours a week. It's finally settling down into a routine and I'm going to be able to post some stuff again, which should be fun. I've got a wild boar loin and some goose breasts chilling in the freezer right now that I'll try to figure out some stuff to do with over the coming weeks, along with some other odds and sods of things.

Most of my cooking projects over the last couple months have been stuff I can have just quietly going in the background. I've got a batch of preserved lemons going, as well as trials of preserved tangerines and preserved blood oranges, just to see how they turn out. I've also got four different vinegars going: an amarone red wine vinegar, a try at vin jaune vinegar, a barleywine malt vinegar, and a madeira vinegar- the latter I'm really excited to try when it's ready. General method is the same: dilute to ~6% abv, then add some vinegar 'mother'- a bacterial culture of mycoderma aceti, and store somewhere dark, uncovered but with cheesecloth or similar secured over the top to keep out debris, flies etc, until it's vinegar-y. You can buy vinegar mother, or use some from unfiltered vinegar you buy. Cider vinegar is often good for this- any cider vinegar with that sort of tan sediment on the bottom will work, assuming you agitate the vinegar to mix that sediment in before using it. Inoculate your diluted alcohol with the bacterial culture, then just let it go. The Amarone vinegar is almost ready at 4 months old, but the others are only a few weeks and will definitely need a lot longer.

Not OP, but we've been making vinegar for a couple years in just the manner you describe. We've got a pomegranite and pear that have been working for a few months and I tasted them today. Really good stuff. And like you say, nothing to it, really.

Yeah, it's one of those things that, when you try it for the first time, it really makes you wonder why everyone doesn't do it. Same deal with creme fraiche- why pay like 5 bucks for a little 250mL tub when you could spend that money on 2L of cream and then use a tiny bit of buttermilk and end up with 2L of creme fraiche.

It's easy as hell, requires very little initial investment (you get some mother for the first batch, then it's self-sustaining after that- you can use mother from your prior batches of vinegar for new batches), and the results are generally WAY better than what you can buy in stores, especially for red/white wine vinegar.

Going to try a bit of an experiment once I get some time off, and make birch vinegar- ferment some birch syrup until it's as dry as I can get it, then turn it into vinegar, and possibly age it in a little barrel if I can manage to get one. Should be interesting at the very least.

>birch vinegar

That really sounds interesting. I hope you post in another thread how it comes out. I'm brewing 4 litres of Sake right now that I'm going to try to make rice vinegar from. The sake is the far left jar in the pic the middle one is a pomegranite mead and the one on the right is a blueberry wine. We'll probably take a litre from each and make more vinegar.

I'm a Patti whore

>cat gets sick
>put it in the garbage and get a new one
???

Just drove thru greenspoint en route to Niggertown TX aka northeast Houston. OP now everytime I drive through there I'm reminded of your food and cot threads.

These threads are the only reason I come to this board

This exactly.

I-is he going to be ok?

I made 5 spice duck confit with mashed potatoes and sauteed bell peppers with red onions for dinner. It was amazing.
Yes I did eat the cilantro too

That's not right user. If you sterilize the meat at a high temp you can still eat it

Damn, that looks good user.

Seafood stew

5/10, there is a chip in that plate

>5 spice duck confit with mashed potatoes
seems strange to me to eat that with mashed potatoes, i'd rather eat it with rice, especially with those veggies. dunno why. other than that it looks really good. i hadn't had duck in months, i need to get that dish on my list for next week

It works surprisingly well. The 5 spice isn't overwhelming. You really taste the chinese cinnamon, cho guor (or tso ko), and soy sauce without the soy being too much. And then you get the fatness of the duck. Mashed potatoes were a great choice imo.

What would you put in the rice? I have another leg in the fridge for tomorrow

Looks good. Prawns and clams? What went into the broth?

Shrimp, clams, lobster
Broth had white wine, clam juice, tomatoes, and seafood stock

Do you clean your hands every time to take a picture or how does that work?

lol Patti would be flattered but I am in complete denial of looking like that guy

lol as a kid I would be in tears after shoe shopping, my feet were growing in odd directions, very glad they finally stopped at a size I can find in stores, going to look into making curries in crockpots now, been craving some indian since literally all my fav indian joints closed, no more romantic sunday night butter chicken under the stars:(

8/10 m8, hope you used that bonana to soak up the yolks:^)

chillin bro
>tfw shoes dont fit in the cubby at McDonalds play area

get well soon kitter:(

>90 hours a week
hot damn that sounds rough gl m80, also had no idea that how vinegar was made, I may try it sometime if i find more reasons to use fancy vin

does that make her a Madam?

unsubscribe immediately

lol

:)

looks good, duck and rabbit are something i want to try but i want a fresh source only thing i can find is frozen

looks very good

i am OCD as fuck about cross contamination so i honestly wash my hands like a crazy asshole while cooking, I rarely wash my hands just to take a pic but it does happen

feelin lazy gonna do some wings maybe a side, not gonna post much its a boring dish

He is feeling peppier this morning, so hopefully he will be fine. Good lord it's expensive treating him, though. At least I know a bunch of lentil/bean recipes.

>i honestly wash my hands like a crazy asshole while cooking

I do this too when cooking meat, probably more than is necessary. Better safe than sorry. But since I'll be eating nothing but beans for the rest of forever, I guess it doesn't really matter.

Are you using special herbs and spices op?

I bet he stole that the same day he stole that habanero powder

breakfast

Nah. I'm thinking a chunk of weed is a bit harder to steal than chili powder

Little late lunch

not an american, so what even is that massive thing?

something that will skyrocket in price once Trump builds the wall

3 to 1 half that burrito's mass is rice.

m8 this is TX no rice in our burritos

burrito de fajita, $4.50 and comes with some dank ass charro beans

m8 they can deport half this city and pretty sure my burrito game will still be on point

You can get fresh duck either on Bellaire or at Whole Foods

dinner

Great colors. Do you eat a banana with every meal?

Second time I made sausage gravy, so damn good! I used canned biscuits tho.

Anyone have a great biscuit recipe? I like popeyes and mcdonalds biscuits if that helps any.

Yes I'm a pleb.

Were you aware that there are other fruits besides banana?

????? Did you died ?????

I'm not trying to be critical, but why does your gravy look bluegreen?

thanks, where on bellaire you talking?

looks cozy m8

looks good bro would eat that shit up

I improvised a bit off of this. There were a couple ingredients I didn't have, and everything is coated in ice outside. It turned out tasting pretty yummy. I had some choccy milky with it. Next time, I'm going to use less cinnamon, though. On to the bourbon!

epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/kofta-a-la-sauce-tomate-350154

That looks pretty fucking tasty desu

That is the saddest looking cat I have ever seen.
Poor kitty :(

Thanks user. I was skeptical, but it really is! You should try that recipe out.

My corner I cut was I used canned tomato juice... I didn't have any fresh tomatoes, so I just let that reduce some for the sauce. It still turned out great. I bet it would be amazing with real tomato chunks in there!

Noice. The falafel place down the road from my work has kofta, but I've never tried it. I do fuckin love that falafel though.

how did you make that banana plank on the edge of the bowl?

>Patti is the best thing in all of Veeky Forums not just Veeky Forums

Hope you had a good week bro

Probably my cam wigging out on my phone or dark lighting. It was a nice light tan color until I added milk to thin it some more, I like it like that.
Thanks man! I had the leftovers again in the morning tasted even better.

3 kunts

i might have too many cats

why is patti such a cunt?

The doc's still confused by cameras it seems.

from years of banana plating

breakfast

>smug_patti.jpg
also cute Russian grey

Pic related

should have used a separate plate for the fruit as dessert

also missing is ketchup for the homefries

tfw poonchkey season in full swing

Why the Apollo subreddit m8

Where'd you find those so early in the year? Normally they don't start showing up until a bit before Mardi Gras.

its called a russian blue.

Big Y has them from the first day to the last

These cookies are completely normal.

Nothing special about them at all

oh lawdy

This is ultra rare holiday green butter.

I definitely didn't put 2 grams of shatter and a little kief in the oven at 220F for 15 minutes before adding it to this butter.

Completely normal sugar cookies.

Just how I like em'

Oddly they came out slightly greener then white sugar cookies.