How much would you charge someone to make them your best dish?

How much would you charge someone to make them your best dish?

Other urls found in this thread:

today.com/parents/oh-baby-cakes-see-smash-trend-taking-1-year-old-t75391
mommypoppins.com/family/new-york-city-kids-birthday-party-ideas-guide-0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Golden shower

It's lasagna so like $150 for the entire thing? Costs like $60 in ingredients and takes about 2 active hours and another to bake it. I don't think I could price it out by slice. My landlord sometimes asks me to make it and share for a discount in rent.

Please tell me this bitch got roasted.

20$ for a 1 pound salmon steak with a lemon pepper crust. A cup and a half of Jasmine rice and some lightly buttered/salted vegetables steamed just right.

>Costs like $60 in ingredients
How much fucking lasagna are you making?

Looks like Peter Griffin and Minnie mouse had a birth defect.

$1
for a my most honed dish

Medaillons of boar fillet with mead sauce, coleslaw (not kidding) and potato dumplings.
Depends on how much boar is on the market right now, but don't even start me below 40 bucks. I usually keep the fillet for myself.

Add to that ammo cost.

It is fucking delicious, if very simple, so.... well played?

what's boar like?
It's not gamey like roo is it?

Like fifteen euro for a large platw of my perfectly constructed Puttanesca? Seems like a fair price, considering where I live.

I actually had to cook for a group of art traders a while ago, as my mate has an gallery and knows I cook. Gave me 300 euro to make a mean main dish for ten people so I went ahead and bought saffron, made gnocchi with it and served it with fried chorizzo, octopus and a paprika-coulisse. Goddamn that was a nice meal.

Depends on how it was hunted. Ambushed game's venison is always softer than battue venison, due to the sugar in the muscles.
Boar fillet is firm without being tough. Not very juicy and has a very unique taste, completely unlike that of pork.

Over here, boar might get more expensive soon. The African swine fever's knocking on the east and the old world's boars don't use the same damage control as with the European swine fever. Gonna wipe out some populations in Eastern Germany within the next decade, I reckon.

Any other questions?

Yes

Go on?

Ok

The best thing I can make is chicken tighs with mustard sauce and fries
It's not a fancy thing but it's popular enough that most restaurants serve it here
Thing is I can make it better than any restaurant I have ever been to, mostly because I marinate them and I use very little cream
And I make it way better, it's fucking delicious
I think I could charge at least as much as they do provided I had a restaurant

i'll have to get me some. Thanks for the insight.

I dunno, maybe like 5 bucks for a crock pot full of chili? I've never thought to charge people, I just like to cook and it makes my dick hard when people compliment my food.

Like ten servings. Costly ingredients and I make all the sauces and noodles myself

If you're making everything from scratch it should be really cheap, unless you're using like Kobe beef and truffles and shit in it.

>baby cakes
What did she mean by this?
Is this an American thing? Do you people make cakes specifically designed for babies to eat?

Its an expression

If I'm making you my best dish it means I love you and I appreciate you, so it's free. Otherwise whatever the ingredients cost, it's not like I'm planning on running a restaurant

Anons fried potato breakfast special, comes in 3 flavors,
>garlic Parmesan
>heart attack ( meats and cheeses)
>secret sauce (ketchup and mustard, surprisingly good)
It's really not all that special, but it's great hangover/it's 3 am and I haven't eaten food. Holds a special place in my heart. 8 bucks.

Lmao 6 dollars a bowl for Mongolian beef and veggies. 15 dollars for all the ingredients and you get a couple crock pot worth. It's good enough to eat every day, with rice

Yeah, that is what I'm talking about

This. I like cooking my favorites but feeding others all the time gets expensive. If they pay for the ingredients, I'd be happy to cook for them.

An expression of what exactly?

Chili-Salmon Market price of fish? 7.99/lb so about 2.50 a serving
Roast veg on the side $.50 maybe
Served on rice .01

So charge.. maybe 7 bucks?
Honestly I really enjoy cooking for people. Too bad my current roommate and my girlfriend both hate fish :'(

>inbox me

lol the fuck?

Most expensive meal(fed 12 people) was a very mushroom heavy(multiple variety) with meats was about 160$.
Wouldn't charge, I get off on seeing people enjoy my meal

is false

Baby cakes are these idiotic things that Americans do. It's a scaled down cake and they give the whole thing to the baby so it can mutilate it before it gets tossed out. They are usually not as nice as the one in the pic.

Fucking waste of cake.

Dr. Pavel I'm make cakes

I'd do it for free, I just like it when people enjoy my cooking

being gay like like you lol

Noodles in lasagne wtf

Just their company and a hug

>$8 for potato and some condiments
what is this, soviet Poland?

It probably seems strange to people from any country other than the US that someone would actually consider charging guests for food. I know that in my experience in traveling through a number of countries, people are extremely happy for you to partake of their food and if you offer to pay it would be considered insulting.

The problem is, most other countries don't realize the US citizen worships Mammon. That means what is his, is his alone, and fuck anyone else, even be it a shared meal.

>you want to share my meal? Fuck off and pay your way you scumbag foreigner

If this is USD you're being ridiculous

What? I'm American and I've never heard of this. Also, I'm pretty sure feeding sweets to a baby is really bad for their development.

same user

When did my fellow burgers start doing that?
Cos I've certainly never heard of it.

>It probably seems strange to people from any country other than the US that someone would actually consider charging guests for food.

Who in the US does this? Maybe if you're a broke college student, you'll split costs. Regular people might request you bring a dish or a bottle of wine or something but that's it.

t. yuropoor who has never been in the US

>make giant pot of gumbo
>add rice
I'll share that shit with anyone that wants some

10 bucks for a small box of peppermint patties

15 a plate for scratch sgetti

Yeah that's kind of the point. It is ridiculous. I put tons of work and value into my best dish and that's why it's my best dish. It's legitimately the only dish I brag about because it's fucking awesome. I call it my Warlock Lasagna.

Are you guys aging women just having thier first kid? Are you flyovers or southerners that think it's ok to pump your newborn full of sugar? Are you some poor bakery slave that has to deal with this ridiculousness all the time? No? That would be why you haven't heard of it, lucky for you.

today.com/parents/oh-baby-cakes-see-smash-trend-taking-1-year-old-t75391

Willing to share your sauce recipe?

I don't really have a recipe for my sauces so much as an order of operations. I can't even really give you a great proportional thing. My bechamel sauce starts pretty standard
>flour butter roux
>add appropriate amount of milk for your roux
>add fresh mozzarella(don't use low moisture it fucks the texture) and ricotta(it's not traditional but idgaf, although I've seen people get triggered over this)
>season with pepper (white or black, doesn't actually matter much aside from color here, depends what you want,) and msg(optional)
Most of the other seasonings and all of the meats go in the red sauce.
>roast fresh tomatoes for about 35 mins at 400 (these need to be really good since they are the core of the sauce. Buy the most flavorful, savory tomatoes you can or ideally grow them yourself)
>remove the peels and stew the ever living fuck out of them with the standard spices
>in a different pan cook your meats together. I use ground beef and pork sausage, I originally used ground pork but the extra flavors in the sausage are really worth it. Cook these with your fresh herbs: basil, oregano, thyme and whatever else you feel like adding. If they aren't fresh you lose some flavor but just add your dried sauces when you add your tomatoes to your meat.
>I also add steak to my red sauce. Cut into bite size cubes and cook until roughy med rare (when the meat is just red on the outside) add these immediately to the otherwise finished red sauce.
That's the basics for how I do my sauces anyway. I often fiddle with it and see what I can do to make it better.
Oh also, top that 'zagna with gruyere and something else. Gruyere and gouda. Gruyere and raclette. Whatever, the cheese world is your oyster and gruyere is fantastic on top of lasagna

My best full meal is probably retried beans, Spanish rice and chicken enchiladas. This serves 6. So considering cost, and the time I would spend, I think $120 would be fair, plus tip if I am plating, serving, and doing beverages.

I think my family having enjoyed this service, would agree.

>Fresh spinach pasta
>Bacon
>Herbs
>Cream
>Lettuce
>Tomatoes
>Cucumber
>Lemon

Buy me those and I will cook for free. Implied that I can sit down and eat too.

But if I had to sell it I'd ask for 5e pr plate.

Well the place I work at calls customers "guests", so we do charge our guests for food

Pretty sure is a joke post. Nobody gives a 3% discount, not even someone who's delusional enough to think that's worth $275.

It wasn't until I blew it that big that I even realized how little they bothered to pen tool that.

$6 if they want one serving

My understanding is the birthday party industry for "well to do" new yorkers is thriving. This seems like a shitty latch on.
mommypoppins.com/family/new-york-city-kids-birthday-party-ideas-guide-0
Basically if you are doing a private elementary school you are going to be going to and hosting elaborate lower year birthday parties where you are expected to put out for the entire class and buy gifts for what turns into the entire class as they invite you.
If that mom is high enough in the social circle I could see her selling that cake.

Literally nothing, I'm a shit cook. I just come to this board to feel bad about my cooking skills

if it was only one person i dont know it would be at least 100$ for a sousvide porchetta with sides or a full sichuan dinner.
if it was a group of people i dont know prolly around 20$ since it would be more fun

So, the person who started the trend was a "wet and messy" fetishist paedophile, right?

>Noddles

Americans, when will they learn.

I'm a shit cook but I come to this board to pick up cooking tips and read people's thoughts on specific methods without having to wade through 800 comments alone the lines of "Thanks for the recipe! The hubby and I love it! Here's my tip, I substitute the milk with ice cream for more flavour. -Michelle xoxox"

>bought saffron, made gnocchi with it and served it with fried chorizzo, octopus and a paprika-coulis
sounds good ...

i charge $5 for a pint of ice cream

The best, about treefiddy

Honest about 100

I have birthed dishes that are being charged the equivalent of 150usd for, but how much of that is the venues' is up for debate.
The dishes I feel are most mouthgasmic are not necessarily the priciest w/r/t ingredients or the boldest, so there's that.
Above considered, if someone asked me for tasty shit and offered money, I would say 100 usd a head for a combination of cream, salmon, herbs, garlic, chillies, and pasta which epitomises the simple refined to an art.

>mouthgasmic
>100usd/head for salmon with sides

You sound like a jackass.

Signature dish of perfect Duck (confit de canard) gold medal cuts from France, with haricots verts and amazing mashed potatoes.

Easily 45 per serving, if serving 4 people

>Signature dish of perfect Duck (confit de canard) gold medal cuts from France, with haricots verts and amazing mashed potatoes.
I like how your inconsistent and haphazard use of French.

I don't know the English names, it's just what it's called here ;_;

bleu cheese

I love meat, but I learned to make strictly vegan spaghetti & meatballs using rice for a side chick. If I had to make it fresh at someone else's house, no pre-existing ingredients, would probably cost me $25 to get everything to make 8 servings, so that's probably fair market price to a stranger $9 a plate.

>I like how your inconsistent and haphazard use of French
that's what resonates best with amerilard plebs

underrated post

>3 am
why would you wake up that early just to eat?

why did that make me laugh?

you're an idiot ain't'cha?

I think he means a baby themed cake for like a baby shower type party, or a gender reveal party.

Most people won't concern aeal for less than 14 not worth it

Will* not won't

>I'm make cakes.

It's called a smash cake. It's really stupid but basically you give the 1 year old a tiny cake and let them destroy it so they get frosting on their clothes and in their hair and shit, so moms can put it on facebook as another excuse to brag about their spawn.

>Spicy peanut butter soup

$8 easy

10 bucks for beef strogo

Probably, but it is at least an attempt at contributing to the thread. Someone asked me why people in their right minds would pay hundreds of pounds for dating out meals which take a small amount of time and effort, to which I replied that the time and effort that chefs invest into their profession is what makes food of such quality possible. Perhaps the concentration of psychoactives is encouraging pretension or immaturity, in which case I apologise.