When these are on sale they are the best value in food

When these are on sale they are the best value in food.

it's gonna break your heart when you read the ingredients list and see 3,000 different chemicals

Don't care I can eat one for dinner and something for lunch and still be under my calorie goals

Everything is made up of chemicals.
Retard.

They should start a fat fuck board for you people
/FF

What price are they on sale? typically when I see them they don't seem worth it and I'd rather just cook myself. And I'm not opposed to picking up some cheap, easy, salty frozen fare if it seems like a good deal.

uh oh! scary science!

better hide, I can't pronounce some of these harmless additives that are literally chemically identical to naturally occurring flavors!

Around 2 bucks

If all I cared about in food were calories and nutrients versus price ratio i think soylent wins if you order enough of it.

But I want taste and texture in my food too and neither soylent nor box dinners provide that.

>Only nearby grocery is a big box warehouse
>Only frozen dinners they have are healthy choice cuckbowls and 90% vegetable cuckiyaki

Fried Chicken(Dark Meat Chicken Portions, Chicken Stock, Vegetable Oil (Partially Hydrogenated Soybean Oil [TBHQ and Citric Acid to Preserve Freshness]), Enriched Wheat Flour [Wheat Flour, Niacin, Reduced Iron, Thiamine Mononitrate, Riboflavin, Folic Acid], Spicy Seasoning (Spices, Onion Powder, Dextrose, Sugar, Natural Flavors, Extractive of Paprika (Color), Caramel Color, Maltodextrin, Cayenne Pepper Sauce Powder (Aged Red Peppers, Vinegar, Salt, Garlic), Vinegar Solids, Yeast Extract, Dextrin, Salt), Salt, Soy Protein Isolate, Sodium Phosphates, Monosodium Glutamate, Spice), Mashed Potatoes (Water, Dehydrated Potato Flakes (Potatoes, Mono and Diglycerides, Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate, Citric Acid), Seasoning Sauce (Vegetable Oil (Partially Hydrogenated Soybean Oil [TBHQ and Citric Acid to Preserve Freshness]), Water, Mono and Diglycerides with BHT and Citric Acid to Protect Flavor, BetaCarotene for Color (Corn Oil, DL-Alpha-Tocopherol)), Contains 2% or Less of: Salt, Dried Dairy Blend (Whey, Calcium Caseinate)), Mixed Vegetables (Carrots, Corn, Cut Green Beans), Apple Dessert (Water, Sugar, Dehydrated Apples, Modified Food Starch, Dehydrated Apple Flakes (Calcium Stearate), Natural and Artificial Flavor [Water, Propylene Glycol, Ethanol, Natural and Artificial Flavor, Caramel Color, Vanilla Extractives], Spices, Citric Acid, Salt Dried Egg Yolks), Seasoning Sauce (Water, Sugar, Seasoning Sauce (Vegetable Oil (Partially Hydrogenated Soybean Oil [TBHQ and Citric Acid to Preserve Freshness])), Water, Mono and Diglycerides with BHT and Citric Acid to Protect Flavor, Beta Carotene for Color (Corn Oil, DL-Alpha-Tocopherol), Salt, Vegetable Oil (Partially Hydrogenated Soybean Oil [TBHQ and Citric Acid to Preserve Freshness])). Contains 2% or Less of: Seasoning Sauce (Vegetable Oil (Partially Hydrogenated Soybean Oil [TBHQ and Citric Citric]), Water, Mono and Diglycerides with BHT and Citric Acid to Protect Flavor, Beta Carotene for Color (Corn Oil, DL-Alpha-Tocopherol)).

Notice how they add Soy Protein to all these dishes? Kinda funny for a CHICKEN DISH to have soy protein added to it.

Why? What's weird about that?

they add it as a filler. so you they can save money by giving you less chicken. aka your paying for trash and you should neck yourself

Used to take these to work.

Holy shit that got old fast.

Which variety? Also you have to add hot sauce to them

Thats why you pay those geniuses. Couldnt make this stuff up on yourself, even if you tried.
Though, i dont. I'm fairly content with my chicken. Paprika chili thingy.

You're buying a $3 TV Dinner, did you expect an entire chicken breast?
Do you expect high quality meat filling in your hot pockets too?

uh oh! i can't make my own food because i'm a lazy loser so i'm gonna pay extra for fillers, preservatives, and artificial ingredients!

>less than 2% vegetables

LMFAO

no, i just pay $5 bucks for a whole rotisserie chicken because i don't suffer from severe mental retardation

Reading comprehension, love. Still an exceedingly tiny amount that most people probably don't eat anyway.

>Buying an entire chicken precooked
>Not buying a whole frozen chicken for $2 less

All of em. Country fried chicken was my favorite though.

if the sodium and fat was lower yes.

Actually the Banquet Chicken Mega Meal is a better deal, although its 14oz (?) instead of 16 every time I see it the price is like $1.50 or $1.80 while the hungry man meals sit solidly at $2.40+

Its not good but its not bad either, and the mac&cheese is actually pretty damn good so it balances out. Its not like the other pre-formed junk they have.

Hungry Man is a good meal and I tend to like their standard boneless fried chicken one (with the brownie) but the brownie is a pain in the ass to deal with despite being a good match.

> lemme get this straight, so I cant just pop it in the mic for 7 minutes and leave it there?
> I have to go back, actually peel the brownie out, then put it back for another 3-4 mins
> and then come back for it again, having interrupted my workflow not 2 times but 3 times total.

Yeah im supposed to stir the macaroni in the other one too probably, but since I let it thaw out just a little bit first I let it microwave the full period all at once.

if you're buying it from walmart you can wait until the next day, and they often mark all that stuff down for half

> you can get a whole rotisserie chicken for $2.50
> heat it up good, and it isnt going to matter if it sat refrigerated in their deli all night

What happens if you just leave the brownie in? Does it catch on fire or something?

They the same price where I'm at. And you can't say they arnt fucking delicious. I'm getting hungry just thinking of deboning one

Dude those things are so unhealthy. Trans fats, high salt, preservatives, additives, stored and cooked in plastic.

Tbhq and bht are the most cancer causing of legal preservatives in the US.

If you actually cook, things like onions, cabbage, potatoes, root veggies are the best value.

Its like eating a salty sponge.
Just buy frozen chicken patties and steam in bag veggies.
Will take 2 minutes more of microwaving and be much better.

arguably the value is zero, this food is inedible garbage. if the price was 1 penny it would still be a bad buy.

Just fucking cook and you will avoid all the artificial crap that is loaded into pleb tier frozen food

It looks like food, tastes like food and smells like food - but it certainly is not food. That garbage borders to industrial waste.

And a half pound of salt

> 1 1/2 LBS OF FOOD!

>into the cart it goes!

It just gets really hard.

Banquet is such shit though. I stopped buying them when I was in college, even drunk I found them to be trash. This is relatively speaking of course, since we are talking about TV dinners after all.

Did i accidently click on a WolfePit video or something?

The Banquet Fried Chicken is surprisingly good. I used to pick it up whenever it was on sale. I'd disregard the oven instructions and cook it at a lower temp for a longer time, then finish with 5 minutes at like 500, and it turned out crispy and juicy.

Some people have lives, dipshit. Spending 2 hours to make dinner is not a smart use of time. That shit is only acceptable for housewives.

>chicken portions

I like Hungry Man mostly, but not the spicy classic fried chicken one. It's an extra grease pit. If you thought the others were bad, fuck
Following that chain of replies
Banquet used to have a fried chicken with bone in meal. It was more expensive, but it was a breast. Then they switched it to a thigh and leg. Then just a thigh. Now they're gone, at least around here.
ridiculously good, but you have to use 3 paper towels to soak up the excess grease

Calories aren't the building blocks of life or some shit. Calories gained from a spoon of, say, almonds, are vastly better than the same amount of calories gained by fat or sugar.

Honestly, people should just take the fucking time and effort to cook some meals these days,

about 90% of the calories in almonds are from fat.

Unsaturated fat that your body can process, if not consumed too much at once. It's not the same fat as in a slab of pork.

I miss the Hungry Man Pub favorites.

How the fuck can you even eat that shit? It's so far below pleb tier, I wouldn't even feed it to my dog.
I'm not trying to provoke you, I just want to know what thought process leads you to purchasing and enjoying meals like this.

You're exaggerating their badness