Isn't it a good thing that trump and the people he's picked for his cabinet are climate change denialists?

Isn't it a good thing that trump and the people he's picked for his cabinet are climate change denialists?

This fact would result in less restrictions in coal mining and lead to more job creation, which is good for the economy.

By the time climate change becomes a catastrophic problem well all be long dead.

the economy can fuck itself

>Grow the economy
>Spend all of the growth of economy on mass migration due to catastrophic weather

Real smart economic plan you fucking retard

>catastrophic weather
Unless Trump plans on being dictator for life this isn't happening

Do you even know why climate change is bad you autistic frogposter?

not very christian way to look at the world.

I'm not a christian. I don't plan on having children. it's also unlikely that there will be advances in technology soon enough that will allow me to live long enough to experience the worst of climate change. so i'd rather co2 emission be increased to possibly increase my quality of life now then to curb it so we don't fuck the earth up for future people who don't yet even exist.

The consequences of climate change aren't immediate, but the economic benefits are. If you told me you would give me billions of dollars but that i'd die at 80, i'd gladly accept the offer.

not very christian.

just greedy idiot.

Are aliens really the only fucking way to get you fucking assholes to actually care about our fucking species?

Fuck, now I want us to go extinct to.

*too

What's greedy about valuing my own life over that of people i'll never know?

I think of climate change the same way most people think of poor starving kids in Africa.

they could go there and spend their whole life trying to help them, or give all their money to help them, but most people don't really give to o much of a fuck, most people would rather spend their money to buy a product that will make them happy for a few seconds or days than give the money to help people they'll never know even they that money could've saved a life.

I don't give a fuck about climate change because
the people it will affect are the equivalent of starving Africans(future people), but the difference is that by increasing co2 emissions my quality of life could potentially be increased.

even though*

honestly I think the end times will come sooner than climate change becoming a real problem

but you should be aware that your lifestyle and success is built on the lives of those that came before you. someone who was grateful would want a better future for the generations below them.

desu i dont see how your argument is an argument. youre just arguing for selfoshness and greed which was my point in the first place so im confused. plus you could atleast support climate change research which you dont even personally have to invest in. its not like the benefit of unsustainable living is even that much bigger than sustainable unless you can point it out.

but the point is to look after the world. Just because the world is ending doesn't give you a free pass to not care about things. thats actually my specific point about it being unchristian because logically you could say, "yeah well we're gonna die anyway"

Wow, so you're saying that climate change will have no consequences on the prices of commodities and other goods that you purchase in day to day life, that your taxes will not be going to disaster relief instead of something actually productive, and literally tens of thousands of other examples I can use to argue why climate change isn't economically beneficial?

Why do you faggots even browse this board, you get a lot more replies on /Pol/

If we start mining coal today, will it have an immediate effect on whether? Will this effect,if it has an effect at all, be significant enough to outweigh the economic benefit to the economy?

Would china have had the ability to grow it's economy without heavy goal extraction? Do the costs of polluted air outweigh the fact that they're now the worlds largest economy?

Noone wants your excess fucking coal. Every other country wants renewable energy besides USA. I still don't see why so many Americans want fossil fuels. You guys hate the middle East and you hate communist countries. But you keep begging/fighting them for oil. Meanwhile everyone else developing that good good renewable energy.
I might be rambling but if you wanna co time your climate change accelerating bullshit then don't fucking come to the Caribbean for your gay vacations since you obviously don't give a shit about our fucking beaches plants or generally everything else. Fuck off

>Implying coal has any economic benefit

On the margin coal stops being as economically profitable in a decade; the energy industry doesn't invest in dead fields. China's also not the biggest economy in the world you fucking moron.

Does accelerated death of coral reefs out weight the fact that they're now the world's largest economy.

Well if you fucking Veeky Forums fags stopped shitting on biologist so much you would know the obvious answer to that. (It's yes you fucking mong)

No one gives a fuck about coral nigga.

You better fucking hope some other animal can fill that niche when it goes extinct

animals go extinct all the time. there's probably an animal that was alive 5 minutes ago that is not extinct, doesn't really matter.

>coral
>relevant

that is now extinct*

hes right you know.

lol thats never going to happnen.

But most people would agree that if you could murder a starving kid in Africa to raise your income a tiny amount, that would be unethical. Why is it okay to do essentially the same thing via greenhouse gasses? Not even considering that it WILL affect you.

Q: What will happen to gravy-train climastrollogy once the funding runs dry?
A: Will be replaced with anthropogenic civil engineering.

I'm afraid he is already caving in.

Caving in requires principles in the first place to violate. He can't cave in on anything because he meant none of what he said. You can't honestly tell me you are surprised.

>What are niches?
I'm aware that approximately 17000 species go extinct a year but some are fucking important. Like
>Bees
>Mangrove tree crab
Coral is fucking important. You guys dont even care about the great barrier reef.

spooked as fuck

are corals important to us though on land? and are most of those animals like vertebrates or invertebrates or big or small?

what.?

>all these people who believe Trump will restore millions of jobs to rust belt through energy policy knowing that automation will halve it and the college educated and military veterans will get first dibs.
>all these people who believe Trump would drain the swamp and stop special interest when his cabinet is filled with wealthy individuals who are still arguably beholden to their businesses as we speak

"muh economy" is the reason they gave for letting non-whites into white nations.

trump is just like every other middle american citizen who can point out shit thats wrong and demand change that others will agree with, but when put in an actual position theyll act as greedily and also stupidly as anyone else realising they know shit all about what they're talking about.

Trump is going to be on the forefront of getting people jobs IN the automation industry. He himself can have a great jobs record because it's early on in that transition, but in a couple of decades it won't be possible.

>trump is just like every other middle american

lol

is he not?

If by "middle American" you mean "Manhattan billionaire then sure, lol

>The consequences of climate change aren't immediate, but the economic benefits are.

Congratulation on summing up the exact problem that's plaguing the discussion.

what i mean more is attitude though. just associate it with conservative middle americans.

Trump was never even close to conservative until a few years ago (when he decided he wanted to be president).

You fucking idiots got played. You're literally why the term "useful idiots" exists. You let a billionaire from Manhattan convince you he was a "middle American", omfg lol

right wing then! just some fucked who isnt highly educated or progressive and lives in a little bubble, im not american!

He's challenging your philosophical foundations. You haven't given a reason why HE should prefer to take long-term consequences into account rather than just those that affect him personally.

I'm not Op you fag, the climate might change but we aren't going to flood half the world and have countrywide droughts in 8 years you dumbfuck

>african-tier combustion-based electricity generation
>not god-tier nuclear+pv solar

>who isnt highly educated

Trump went to the Wharton School at U. Penn, an Ivy League

> lives in a little bubble

He is a Manhattan billionaire for the third time. Grew up around rich people and only let his kids associate with rich people growing up.

> or progressive

mfw

Oh well. If people and other lesser beings can't adapt, tough. Welcome to Trump's new world.

the way you've written your post doesn't make it clear on your position toward my post.

No, but you are going to make most of the middle east uninhabitable, which will create a refugee crisis which will dwarf anything seen before. That's a problem which WILL come to your doorstep.

Luckily, he's just trying to get reelected. He's still a secret Democrat. Welcome to the permanent campaign. Permanent campaign a la Trump.

>But most people would agree that if you could murder a starving kid in Africa to raise your income a tiny amount, that would be unethical.

Most people already indirectly do that. You and lots of other people contribute and keep a machine that forces the poor to work for pennies functioning far from sight. your very existence results in suffering. A lot of the products you've bought were no doubt assembled by poor Chinese kids who'll most likely never experience the amount of conveniences you enjoy that he partly made possible for you.

I wish every climate change fear monger would just go a fucking museum once in a while. look at the neat bones my friend, the wonders you'll discover.

>what is the pleistocene era?
>how long did it last
>oh officially over ~11K years ago?
>literally nothing in terms of geological time
>aka might as well still be in the pleistocene era.

so glad we were able to send our carbon emissions back in time to help end it, kudos to doc brown for that.

I don't give a fuck either because ultimately, as we progress mankind will just fucking deal with whatever happens as it slowly (a real emphasis on SLOWLY) happens. It literally doesn't fucking matter. We trudged through the tundra with furs and pieces of sharp flint on sticks and basically kicked mother natures ass with that alone.

the fear mongering is very real, I need you all to understand this and put your minds at ease.

>scrolling past
>'fear monger'
What makes you think I'm even reading your non-thoughts?

>all the people in this thread arguing the same points against each other
Jesus, I bet /pol/ isn't even here anymore, but they sure shit all over Veeky Forums today.

stay afraid then my boy. Stay afraid.

never you mind that I can assure you for the rest of your life, the sun will rise and set, the seasons will change and everything will be perfectly fine as it has been and will continue to be for millions of years.

what the hell is bill wearing on his wrist? what a fag

Fracking and cheap Saudi oil killed coal, not regulations. Also, the coal industry has adopted a style of mining that is more environmentally damaging and requires fewer workers than the previous methods.

It's way cheaper to use natural gas as our primary electricity and heating source.

that already happened

Nope. You'll be in your ~40s when shit really starts to hit the fan.

Hope you like brown refugees.

Syria is one country you retard. Enjoy the populations of Jordon, Israel (!!!), Lebanon, Saudi Arabia, the UAE, Qatar, Bahrain, Iraq, Iran, Egypt, Afghanistan and Pakistan flooding into your country begging for gibs.

i thought Veeky Forums was a smart board.

the economic migrants flooding into Europe literally are from all those countries you fucking dunce.

>White people are somehow supposed to pay for the problems & overpopulation of non-whites

nope
thats why we got a WALL

>blaming shitskin overpopulation & bad farming practices on "climate change"

We're gonna need a big fucking wall
t keep these animals out

A wall blocking ethe US out of Canada?

?

>There are loads of Saudi Arabian refugees in my country guys I s-swear!

lol

Get over yourself, OP.
It's a hoax.

>By the time climate change becomes a catastrophic problem well all be long dead.
For those who have children and further progeny, that's not such a good deal.
(Goddamn... that's the third "click on sushi" captcha I've come across, so now I'm hungry)

I agree. Climate change should be a problem the future generation has to deal with, not us.

Uh, no. Coal mining was made obsolete because of fracking, not because of global warming policies

>tfw you didn't vote for Trump.

You forgot
>A massive increase in terrorist activity since we're essentially damning so many people to just die they'll likely have no problem finding groups of other like-minded people to kill us.

I'll never understand why the Right supports terrorism, and wants to mortgage the safety of American lives, with American permission no less!

This