Has anyone successfully stolen meat from the grocery store meat department? If so, what kinds...

Has anyone successfully stolen meat from the grocery store meat department? If so, what kinds? How much did you make off with?

There has to be a more creative way aside from stuffing it your trousers and trying to walk out.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Gp09Sdrw2W4
bbc.com/news/world-australia-38919678
youtu.be/FxINJzqzn4w
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

At the store i work at a guy comes in the summer with a black duffel bag, packs steak in, takes a lil stroll and then simply walks out.

when i worked at a grocery store, people used to peel the price sticker off of a cheap item, like chicken thighs or ground beef, and put it on a more expensive item like ribeye or whatever

from there you just hope the cashier isnt paying too close attention (they usually arent)

Oh that would work pretty well in self checkout too, I would say. Nice, nice...

I think it's pretty common. Grocery stores account for tons of theft in their budget. They call it the "shrink", IIRC

Retail also calls it shrink.

Fucking Canadians...

I have seen people load up the bottom of their carts with hams and turkeys and not ring them up. If they get caught, they just say they forgot. I like to remind them of the meat in the bottom of their cart. I'm not a thief, and I don't really care about people stealing, tho it does come back to me in the end, but I do get great pleasure in ruining someone's day, especially if they can't afford the $250 of meat at the bottom of their cart.

My local supermarket has started putting security tags on the larger meat packets.
I guess it must have been happening on a large enough scale for them to start tagging shit.

Yeah because other nationalities don't steal stuff from the grocery store right?

My store has one of those "self-scanner" type deals where you scan it, put it in your bag, then go to a self-checkout kiosk with your scanner and that's it.

It's such a fucking stupid tool because I frequently under-scan what I know I can get away with. Nobody checks what you get unless you have alcohol and you can underweigh items on scales to get cheaper veggies. Sometimes the scanner stops working half-way through your trip and doesn't scan anything else and unless you double-check it, you don't even know you're making off $50 worth of food.

Don't self checkouts measure the weight of the item on the belt?

Had this happen to me when a guy came up to my till with a Dyson handheld.
Rang up as a 12 dollar canteen.
I just gave him the most deadpan look, flipped the box and peeled off the barcode he cut off another box.
He fucking bolted.

Would that be enough to bust someone though, unless you get too crazy with it?

people around here do it for sport

What are your tips for this kind of systems? Asking for a friend

I've seen people stuff meat in their jackets and bolt out the store before, crazy niggas

Ou need to get the same weight or it triggers the attendant to cum check

What I do when I usually shoplift is just act casual, acting overly secretive and trying to stuff a something into a something gets you caught easy. What you wanna do is just casually scope out your surroundings for staff and cameras, try not to look like an idiot staring at staff and the ceiling all the time, just spot them from the corner of your eye or do quick inconspicuous glances. Now if the store doesn't have detectors near the door (say stores like QFC or Safeway) you just bide your time until you see a perfect opportunity where the staff are all away or have their backs to the door, and just walk out. If they do have detectors (say Target or Wal-Mart) then things get tricky, you will have to bring a bag or a thick jacket with inside pockets. Try to find a blind spot with the cameras, if they do, make sure no staff or other people is around, stuff it in and then casually leave. If they don't, you're kinda fucked unless you're pretty dexterous with your hands or savvy with sleight of hand techniques. You can try to pull off a turn and stuff where you turn around and quickly stuff it in your inside pocket or pretend to recline somewhere and secretly remove the barcode before walking out.

This, fucking this!
I have worked retail for 10 years and trust me, we do know who you are if you are a shady fuck.
We know how you dress, we know your mannerisms, and we will make your experience a living hell by popping up every other moment to ask if you need something.
loss prevention finds it scary how many times I can spot someone and they notice and ditch a cart with like 400 bucks of merch in it.
If you are in your 30's, look scruffy as fuck and wearing a fucking HOODY in the summer you are doing it FUCKING WRONG.
And if you go grab some shoes and then beeline for the craft area for scissors, lay off the fucking meth.
I used to walk around with spider wraps in my pockets and one I spooked someone tampering with an item I would wrap it and leave knowing they would show back up to find the item secured.

There are other ways to scam the grocer that don't get you kicked out of the store for life if caught. like abusing PLU codes and similar looking bulk items. The attendant never notices and even if they do you can just pretend you were an idiot.

i like to do this with oranges and various citrus fruit esp. if one is on sale for really cheap I can stuff the bag with more expensive clementines or satsumas and none of the overworked saps pay attention.

I only do it with places I despise like safeway though

Seriously, it's the only entertainment we have...

MEAT DICKS

That's only for produce. Items with barcodes you can just scan without putting on the glass.

>tfw have never shoplifted a day in my life, just like wearing a heavy coat in the winter
>every attendant lampshading you like your asshole is on fire

god fucking dammit i just want to buy sardines ;_;

lel I never intentionally shoplift but I ring up organic produce as regular. It started as me not even knowing I was doing it then somebody told me that you're supposed to ring up organic separately and I just figured fuck it since I've been doing it so long.
Haven't been caught yet.

Underrated

I used to steal lots of groceries. Bring a reusable cloth bag and lay it open in your handcart and fill it with tendies and baked meat pies and roasted chickens. Then when it's nice and full walk towards the exit and put the cart down, pack up your cloth bag by the handles in one smooth motion, and walk out.

I got inspired to do it when I watched a dirty local alcoholic in the seaside town I was staying in do the same. It was hilarious

Depending on the store LP will notice this and usually will tell the associates to fuck off at some point.
Trust me, the cameras are focused on us FAR more then they are on you.

My old man has a friend who tried to steal a frozen turkey by placing it under his big rasta-hat. Ended up passing out from the cold on top of his head and hit deck out at the doors

Walk in, take what you want and walk out.
Be quick about it, don't try to look coy, just get in, take what you want and get out. Most grocery stores don't have LP and the people working there stocking shelves and bagging groceries couldn't give two shits if you steal $100 worth of steak.

Canadians steal from the grocery store the most.

walmart sells giant frozen turkeys for 10 bucks near me. I'd never steal anyways.

Also stealing beef? Beef is practically inedible.

>Beef is practically inedible.
Wut?

If I find out someone is the sort of person that steals from grocery stores I don't let them in my house.
Thieves are the lowest form of scum.

Is this what it is really like in 3rd world countries like America?

I want this to be real

Back when I was a cashier at a local grocery store, I was a really miserable leftist that hated my life. I got paid shit, customers treated me like shit, and I bought into the whole le corporate america is fucking me over meme.

So I would often times intentionally not scan meats when I was ringing them up. They are pretty expensive so it was common to not scan $7-$20 worth of meat for customers. I also did it more or less depending on my perception of the customer (how much it seemed like I would like them or not).

Kinda my own autistic way of controlling the universe and playing god.

Greasy

Thank you for the laugh

its easier as a two man operation
one serves as distraction while the other steals

ohyeah?
youtube.com/watch?v=Gp09Sdrw2W4

Wow, that was beautiful

These are just birthday presents. You have no right to look in them. We're going to leave now.

Retail clerk here, we know exactly when and how you steal. Don't worry about it, it's not worth it to chase your ass. If you walk straight out the door we'll let you. Trained to not go after you, as a matter of fact. We just file police report and that report I assume will be shredded right in the police building as I never saw nothing get done to my 'regular' thieves. The fuck I care, though, I'm through this shit once I hop to my next work. Hopefully a warehouse work.

>2017
>unironically being thieving niggers

Have realised a couple of times that I've stolen a bagged rotisserie chicken. I shop with a store scanner and sometimes the barcode is covered in grease.

I then forget it's there unscanned at the end of the shop when it comes to paying.

>I then forget
I'm sure, Tyrone

OP's pic is from a canadian tv show you turd burglar

I work in Pret a Manger (kind of Starbucks/Sandwiches fast food) and we have to ask every time if a costumer is "eating in" or "taking away", it's a legal requirement since I think the taxes for take away food are smaller than eating in, since they count as a "food shop" rather than a restaurant.
Whenever an old person comes in and tells me they're eating in (plus it's mostly old persons who do it) I just charge them take away. I charge eating in for all non-elderly adults even if I like them though because they could be a incognito inspector from the company.

Fuck, just woke up 3 flatmates by laughing so loud...

bbc.com/news/world-australia-38919678

This is what happens when you make people do your fucking job.

Like that Bill Burr bit:
youtu.be/FxINJzqzn4w

Get a big cart with your own bags. Scan frequently in the beginning but then occasionally "forget" to scan one or two items. Getting two of the same kind of item and only scanning one is good, also. I don't try to go crazy with it and make it so I only pay 5 bucks for 70 dollars worth of groceries, I just try to hover around at least a 10% discount (on top of whatever savings I get from the bonus card).

Where I'm at there's never somebody to check your orders and make sure you've scanned everything like they are in the normal self-checkout area. The normal self-checkout also has a scale in the bagging area so it knows when you've placed something in a bag that you weren't supposed to. But with the self-scanner, everything goes right back into your shopping cart. It's a good system when it works and cuts down on my shopping time drastically but holy shit if more people took advantage of it, they'd get rid of it entirely.

my grocery store has cameras at each register that point at the bottom of the cart and it shows up on the cashiers screen

Some stores have a scale built into the thing the bags are held on. Every item has a weight in the system and it knows if that is in fact the item you scanned.

When you to walmart go to the deli counter, get some tendies, walk around the store eating them while you shop and ditch the bag.

frig off

If you are having money troubles:
- quit any money eating habits such as smoking and drinking
- eat out less, cook more
- buy less prepared foods, prepare yourself
- good to a food bank
- see if you qualify for welfare -- in Ontario, Canada, MOST people on welfare are actually working...
- talk to your local grocery stores, explain your situation, ask to buy goods that are pass their best before date - those are still good, just a matter of taste which can be disguised with spices
-- I actually buy a lot of prepared foods cheap at expensive grocery stores: to keep up their always fresh moniker, they discount it steeply on the day it expires. It's also because throwing away food cost grocery stores money (so one of the anti-poverty tactic could be charging grocery stores more for throwing away food).

this

drinking is fucking crazy expensive in canada

the money you'd spend on a 6 pack of beer (~$13) you can buy 18 eggs and a bag of rice and still have money left over

I'll do that when buying clothes at Walmart.

Peel the sticker off a 5 dollar pair of sweat pants and put it over a pair of jeans.

Employees are either too oblivious or don't care.

I've worked at a small grocery store (four stores in total, though I've only worked at two) for five years. AMA, faggots. I got bored and made a pic so you can see the general layout.

People steal shit daily. I think the design of our store is partly to blame. Last summer, two black guys came in and they filled a cart to the rim with meat. It was easily 500+ bucks in meat. They filled it up and went near the entrance (you can wrap back around the store) and just dashed out of the store. Somebody was waiting with a car and they just shoved chucked handfuls of meat into the back. It was some pretty crazy shit. There are countless incidents (none as major as this) but I dunno if anyone is interested.

pic related, shitty diagram of store. There is a small bakery in the front of the store as well, to the right of the entrance. To the left they have a small pharmacy and a place you can buy cigs.

What kind of store did you work at?

Its a small grocery chain. Its family owned. Four stores in the state, but only two in my town. We sell some random shit too.

Thats cool, how long did you work there?

Aww

(You) should learn how to read, buddy.

Im sorry. Did anyone ever try to steal from your store?

>Somebody was waiting with a car and they just shoved chucked handfuls of meat into the back.
only time ive ever taken stuff is when ive left on foot or on a bike. i mean couldnt you have easily taken a licesnse plate number and car description and called the cops right then and there? cops dont carE?

These are just birthday presents, you got no right to look in them!

I can't imagine walmart beef is representative of beef in general.
Frankly I would never buy groceries there to begin with.

but life sucks

loss prevention at big box stores keep a file on shoplifters so that they can prosecute with 10 instances of theft and like $1000 of product rather than going after someone for twenty bucks.

What I did when I was a poorfag.

>pick up 2 cuts of meat, one cheap, one expensive.
>place both in plastic bag that grocery stores offer
>place cheaper cut on top
>scan bag at self checkout
>only top cheaper cut gets scanned
>get the expensive meat on the bottom for free

Literally got away with stealing probably $2500 worth of meat over the course of two years by doing this.

Also, not sure about you guys but all of the stores in my area have the least amount of cameras in the dairy, eggs, cheese aisles. Best aisles for shoplifting.

>wear mostly hoodies and track pants
>it's comfy mayne
>always look like I just came from the gym
>yet grocery staff always hovers around me

wtf man

No but the security guard always stops me and asks to see my pockets on my way out because I'm fat
I would say he has it in for me but there are like 5 different security guards depending on the day
People don't steal Chocolate you morons. People steal expensive shit

Most people dont know this, but security guards are just a hired lookout. They can't legally detain you or make you empty your pockets.

Even loss prevention at stores like Wal-Mart or Target can't legally detain you. They will block your path and try to intimidate you ("I'm going to have you come with me to the back until the police arrive...") but if you just walk right past them they can't do jack shit. The worst they would do is follow you out to the parking lot. And even then, if they put their hands on you to try and stop you, you can sue them for assault.

t. Worked my way through college as a security guard at hotels, grocery stores and food warehouses

The people involved got in trouble and are banned from the store now. We couldn't take the meat back though.

Yeah i stole a porterhouse. I bought one steak at self checkout and then put the porterhouse under the other steak in the bag

We'd go for 'chicken runs' at out whatever local albertsons store we could find. Pretty desperate times but fuck we got full. Two of us would alternate grabbing full bags of chicken strips from the deli and another gal would grab tons of the robotussin DM gel cap bottles, all meet towards the front of the place real quick and head out..a a dude would pick us all up right then and dip out 5 minutes after we entered the store.

Never caught, close once but that's cause we were a little too ballsy with the security that was outside.

Then just take the sticker of off something that weighs the same as the meat.

When I worked at a grocery store we had a guy pack it into two suitcases and make out with a ton of expensive stuff.

>- quit any money eating habits such as smoking and drinking
Uhhh, you lost me there...

Can confirm, I work in a grocery store.

If you ever did that to me I'd sock you in the fucking face

And that should be relevant because....?

What, spare you a felony and let you run out because you were an idiot?

>I know, shoplifting isn't bad enough to add to my rap sheet, let's add battery charges too!

Ex target employee reporting in
Don't steal from target unless you're being really sneaky. They have people watching the cameras, and they'll wait for you to steal a shit ton to press charges so they'll have a ton of proof.
Target actually gives a fuck. Just go to walmart.

nice, comrade.

>rapists, murderers and other violent offenders are ok
>people stealing food are the lowest form of scum
I will never understand the mindset of people like you.

Midwestfag here white as snow and make a decent living.
I steal all the time from grocery stores because why not?
You think the corporations give two fucks? Fuck em.

You're getting triggered by a guy saying fucking Canadians in reference to the show.

think again fucko, publix gives us a free (half) submarine sandwich (publix brand only, no more than $5.69)

>- talk to your local grocery stores, explain your situation, ask to buy goods that are pass their best before date - those are still good, just a matter of taste which can be disguised with spices

we can't actually sell you our out of date stuff. We can/will get SUPER fucked by the government if we're caught. Fuck, it's a health code violation just to have out of date stuff on the shelf.

He didnt say people who steal food, he said >thieves
I tend to agree with the user on this point

It makes me happy to know that so many niggers and shitskins browse this board based off of the number of shameless thief posting in this bread. Veeky Forums truly is multicultural :)

>stealing from Jew corporations is a bad thing

I steal food all the time. I just enter all coiffed with a nice suit and tie and nobody questions me just walking out with a rack of ribs or bottle of Persecco.
Basically just don't be black and make it look like you're important.

I can easily afford the food. If they have easy to fool tech and/or lack of theft protection I'm going to save a few bucks every time. It's stupid to not take advantage of a corporation. I'm not even doing it at the expense of an employee's mistake (i.e. not ringing up the more expensive item) where the blame might fall to them. I'm in a very expensive area and the store in question gets a ton of business.