What are some shitty teachers you've had?

What are some shitty teachers you've had?

>be physically deformed (leg)
>bond with hump-backed professor who becomes my supervisor over this
>need a seminar to be able to complete degree
>supervisor recommends one on Latin logician's effect on renaissance literature
>seminar is full
>teacher in it just barely lets me in
>doubts my Latin, French and German
>be late for class and drop all books as i enter because of my physical deformity
>ask question because i didnt catch beginning
>after this whenever i ask questions and comment i can hear other students snickering
>i notice even teacher smiles at my questions and even rolls his eyes at one point
>have to hold presentation at end of semester
>feeling insecure about my discussion of Latin logic and Hellenic ideals after all this shit
>holy spirit, recognizing my suffering, visits
>improvise 1 hour presentation about how stupid it is to think that Latin logicians had any kind of effect on singular geniuses like Shakespeare in the first place
>quote Ben Johnson on how Shakespeare knew little Latin and even less Greek
>teacher dismisses class before anyone has the chance to give me any comments or praise
>asks me to stay behind
>basically attacks me
>questions whether i've even read any of the readings and claims i based my entire presentation on stuff i heard on seminar
>claims to see my original script
>refuse on principle because he didnt ask to see anyone else's script after presentation
>fails me, a graduate student

Is this happening right now?

Yeah, my supervisor admits my work is not always "sound", but considers me quite brilliant and imaginative nonetheless. He thinks the teacher treated me really badly. There is talk that he is going to become some kind of dean soon, so hopefully he will be able to fuck him over. I suggested he drop all his specialized seminars and basically give him the kind of schedule a beginning lecturer would have with lots of standard subjects, except give him the most awkward times possible, like by making him come 6 times a week for a few hours at wildly differing times of the day.

i doubt this is an unbiased account, but from this alone you sound like you were quite disrespectful. get your head out of your ass.

and this is also just petty. you have a lot of growing up to do.

This is from the book Stoner by John Williams you uncultured swine

and another thing: i can't believe that you sincerely expect praise for some rambling bs you pulled out of your ass. it is clear that you did not adequately complete the assignment or perform in the class so you definitely deserve to fail.

Nice meme you fuck. Stoner is a terrible book by the way

had an english teacher who couldn't speak english at all. it was very bizarre to sit there and hear him speak with the grammar of an eight year old. he did do a sick air guitar solo to hotel california though and i felt kinda bad for him because everyone hated him and he was actually a sweet guy even if he shouldn't be teaching anyone.

You should have seen how he looked at my leg when I came limping in. And then he has the nerve to ask me if I know Latin, French and German. Would he ask a normal student that? And I'm not being petty. He fucking failed me. It'll take me another year to get my degree now. That is a big deal. I just give as good as I get.

Would he feel so threatened by it if it weren't at least somewhat brilliant? Besides, I summarized my presentation for my supervisor afterwards and he thought it was very interesting. I think I trust him more than you.

Why are you doing this. Is this what you do for fun?

i haven't read stoner. this was pretty well done bait. nice work user! i had misjudged you :)

What are you talking about?

I feel bad for foreign teachers. The few I've had got shit because they had a hard time comminicating, but they always had a good personality if you were nice to them.
One science teacher in freshman year of hs basically gave me good grades because I wasn't a douche to him.

Shut the fuck up Charles I hope you kill yourself now that you've failed you crippled fuck. Charles Walker? More like Charles doesn't walk so well.

So long as it gets sorted. There's p much always a formal complaints procedure you can go through too, ask whoever does administration, and that pulls in other people to look over work and such. It's also like a step towards litigation in some respects.

As a grad student and it being a last seminar to take, you can probably just get a pass. If you're for some reason also on some kind of graded thing (GPA or class or w/e) you can probably also have it not affect that.

If what you've said is accurate, I can't see how he could argue his case for failing you: the important thing is participating in seminar for you if anything, and you've clearly done that. His argument if anything is that you're participated too much in seminar. I can't see that he can claim you didn't do the reading, since that should have been obvious way way before a presentation. Insist on a viva or something with another faculty member in the field of Latin logic or Renaissance lit.

It 100% doesn't sound like a sound argument btw. But I can't see it's so bad that you should be failed either.

Oh and
>If men learn this, [the art of writing] it will implant forgetfulness in their souls: they will cease to exercise memory because they rely on that which is written, calling things to remembrance no longer from within themselves.
Make an argument that the guy shouldn't attack the classical canons of rhetoric if the script thing comes up. Memoria memoria memoria.

>would he feel so threatened by it if it weren't at least somewhat brilliant
LOL

>be a genius (me)
>bond with the janitor at my university
>he used to be a nuclear physicist in russia before the cold war
>this one time after class I meet him in the back to smoke some weed
>he talks about how the copenhagen interpretation not an interpretation at all, because it is nonsensical under aristotelian logical systems
>I concur and add that the whole gist of the interpretation is actually an explanation of Korzybsky semantics where the law of the excluded middle is not present
>he is skeptical about this, and says that he would need to see a step by step argument of it where the analogy is found in the processes of induction
>we're high as shit by now
>I say that nobody uses the physics class anymore, because the haven't been enough students to open the course
>he looks at me, and I hold the moment for a moment in his gaze
>"same thing happened to me. after the cold war the Motherland had no place for nuclear theoreticians"
>I feel his sadness all the way to the abandoned classroom
>I grab a piece of chalk and start drawing the analogies between the copenhagen interpretation and Korzybsky's non-local semantics
>midway through it, he realizes that I am wrong, because the analogies are not between the two theories, but that the two theories are in fact a lower-hierarchy description of a higher theory
>still very much high, and a bit slower than usual, I ask of him to explain with an example
>he tells me how everyone sought so find parallels between all 10-dimensional string-theories while actually all string-theories were lower-hierarchy descriptions of an overarching 11-dimensional M-theory
>I say, oh, just like the analogies between some gospels can be deduced from a - yet missing - Q gospel
>as an orthodox russian catholic, he frowns on my heresy, but agrees on the paralellism
>suddenly I realize that applying non-aristotelian logic to the data that would prove M-Theory right would not require 10 gillion megatons of energy to produce the state in which the observation of relevant data could be gathered - instead of needing infinite energy in a place in space, we only need
energy in an infinitesimal point
>he gets all excited, and starts mumbling about a mathematician friend he used to have back in St. Petersburg, and starts writing the equations his friend left on his blackboard the day he died
>I follow every argument, every corollary, every equation
>everything so far is making sense
>we are about to make history
>suddenly LE SHITTY TEACHER appears
>user! what are you doing this class is closed to students
>but.. but..
>(to the janitor) and what are you doing here? you should be cleaning my office!
>before the janitor can say anything the teacher says
>"are you guys high?" "that's it, you're fired!"
>I protest and go to the dean's office
>not the greatest idea if you're high
>in the end I have to choose between being expelled or saying that the janitor gave me weed and that's the reason they fire him for
>hfw

its not gay if

very nice story

What a stoner movie this would make...

I thought the same thing reading it.

The main character could be James Franco, and in the movie he's just called Johnny.

The movie starts in his dorm, wakes up with a hot bitch, etc. He should be the "ideal" hero - arrogant, smart, good looking, does drugs but is not a junkie, and is good hearted, really.

The Dean should be someone like John Goodman, and the shitty teacher, I don't know why but I keep figuring him as an english teacher, he should be the guys that acts as Spartacus in the american remake of the birdcage.

The janitor should be the typical good-natured russian.

It could be a great stoner movie.

>academia

You got what you deserved tbqh

>treats him like garbage for being deformed and being late for class or something, despite doing more than most deformed people can
>he's the petty one for giving him a slight annoyance during what would otherwise be hours of him jerking off to his own intellect.

He should have completed his BS in Agriculture. Gone back, rejuvenated the soil, produced bumper crops. Bought up adjoining, failing farms, rejuvenated their soils, hired field hands to work his growing plantation. Gone back to school for MA in Agri. Replaced the majority of farm hands with new automated farming machinery. Eventually owning an industrial farming concern spanning the greater part of the tri-county area.

Decades later government pays his children not to grow crops. They take their fat subsidy checks and sell the mineral exploration rights to their vast land holdings for millions.

ITT: people who haven't read stoner

Well played, user

Lomax.

fuck that nigga

would be 8/10 if the science mumbo jumbo had a little bit more effort put into it.

10 gillion megatons.. okay buddy

this happens in stoner? i barely remember the book
is it about the guy who stoner fails but the other teacher do all he can to pass him?

Eh

Are you that pretentious deformed retard from "Stoner" who pretends to be brilliant, but is actually just a pseudo fag? It was great when Stoner called him out on his bullshit.

Holy fuck dude I didn't see your post. Are you me?