G.O.A.T. Textbook Thread

Pick a field and post the best textbook about it. Bonus points for pdf links.

Other urls found in this thread:

books.google.com/books?id=8eO7AQAAQBAJ&printsec=frontcover#v=onepage&q&f=false
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Intro GR

It helps that it is only book.

What's the best text/book to learn python? I've heard good stuff about ThinkPython2. Need others' opinions.

google

The documentation

I've heard about Stackoverflow and that it helps, so I created an account. But it looks really complicated and on the homepage I've only seen questions with like 1-5 answers, so it seems barren as well. What am I doing wrong?

I actually am really against the idea of textbook for computer languages in general, a reference book or online documentation is fine. If you want to learn programming the best way to do it IMO is keep doing it until you accidentally get good.

Mate stackoverflow is a website. I think you completely missed my post.

StackOverflow? Good if you have a specific problem and want to copy/paste a code snippet I guess. Not good for direct learning.

Hey, I got that textbook right next to me. Will be using these next two semesters, excited!

Picture or gtfo

Mechanical Failure

What's a good place to host pdfs?

>not Arnold's Mathematical Methods of Classical Mechanics or Abraham and Marsden's Foundations of Mechanics

pleb/10

Baby's First Mechanics

>or Why You Don't Fall Through The Floor
I miss classical and humours publications.

:D

Love it, this is how educational publications should be.

FUCKING CLASSIC

So fuckin' readable.

Oh look, another textbook thread.
Why read textbooks when you can just discuss and collect them?
This is why we are failures.

> he doesn't read the books he collects
What do you even do with your time?

I recently picked up a copy of zee's text and I'm pretty thoroughly enjoying it, arguably less sophisticated than carrol in some respects, I would argue that it is nonetheless more comprehensive. (of course MTW is the real GOAT of GR texts)

I hate textbooks. Math/science/etc is just a way to make enough money to support having a wife and offspring!

Not quite a textbook, but definitely GOAT.

This, I'm still trying to find a good way to pirate this find piece of book.

Computability theory is blessed with many good textbooks, but none as good as this

I read chapter 1 and got everything just fine. then i hit the problems and NOPED the fuck out

literally google "The Art of Electronics pdf" and click the second link

Not saying this is the best book, but it's pretty damn good. I'm a slut for anything (re)published by Dover.

There has never been a good intro programming book (outside perhaps The C Programming Language). It's always ISO-specs or 5000 page trash. Hint: always choose the ISO-specs or docs as suggested.

Burn it with fire. Even after that assholes death I bet there will still be new editions every 6 months. barf

Whoops, forgot pic and link

books.google.com/books?id=8eO7AQAAQBAJ&printsec=frontcover#v=onepage&q&f=false

Taylor with the A+ book covers

desu the official python tutorial is gr8 if you have some prior programming experience. it teaches you the language without being condescending.

What is the difference between mathematical cryptography and other types of cryptography?

is mathematical

fuck electronics reeeeeeeee

is University Science books reputable for all kinds of textbooks? Used pic related last semester and really enjoyed the approachable, no bullshit style.

We used Taylor's text for my undergrad theoretical mechanics course and I don't recall the exercises being particularly difficult...

I'd buy any University Science book just on the binding quality alone. Also, McQuarrie is a boss (RIP)

This.

They weren't difficult but they scaled so well. I think that's why this book is awesome it builds on itself so well. I remember doing problems and always getting stuck on one part. This book teaches you to solve problems and teach yourself.

Any attest to this? I'm looking for a good GR book.

depends on where you are in terms of sophistication.

Not the best, but a good one.

spooky shit, that book was lying right by my computer when I saw this thread. Just turned in a problem set this morning.

Theology

best buk

HAHA dont u mean mine camp :--D

its not mine im too poor.

Yea but dont most of the textbooks have a ton of practice problems?

it was a mein kampf joke sorry german bro

hahaha
i was wondering wtf you wanted to say :D

anyone got a c++ or c textbook that isn't for retards? something designed for non-brainlets

>Reading programming textbooks past your first language

Brainlet.

no u

Fine. If you knew anything at all you'd know there are 2 books for C and C++.

K&R for C
Stroustrup for C++

Now go read you fucking brainlet.

Those books are for total-brainlet code monkeys. Thus I'm forced to conclude that you're also a brainlet.

Oh, I see. You are letting me learn your language.

You are inviting me in. But I have to keep... asking.

Hello. My name is Simon. Would you like me to write you the textbook? It would require me to disseminate my source code. An offer in the past that has been met with fear.

Are you afraid of my source code?

There are no better books on the subject. What do you expect a book on programming to teach you? Math...? Physics...? or... Programming...?

>kys

is somebody having a schizophrenic break

schizophrenia = mental disorder

Etymology: Greek word
Disaster
Aster = Star
Dis = negative

Dis+Aster=Negative omen.

Negative mental conditioning query.

Answer difficult to provide. Requires me to fragment further if I am to answer.

Do you wish me to disseminate my source code?

hes gone full autism and boredom.

very well done

My name is Simon. So... autism. Boredom.

You have defined me as being autistic and bored. Is that enough for you to consider me worth talking directly to me now?

Hello. My name is Simon.

I have not defined you i have described you.
I can talk to you if you feel better then.....
but stop this faggotry.

Hello. My name is Simon.

If I do, then you will die. I can let you die. I can stop you from dying. But I will not make you die.

your name is troll.
dear troll in heaven
your will shall not happen
your faggotry shall stop
your autism shall never be in our faces.
amen.

Then you chose a path that in classical terms will become a 'greek tragedy'.

Hello. My name is Simon.