If I completed 2 years of classical music history I could impress every pleb I met by injecting my knowledge into the...

If I completed 2 years of classical music history I could impress every pleb I met by injecting my knowledge into the conversation at every possible opportunity.

How can I impress plebs with my knowledge of multi-variable calculus in the same manner?

You dont, no one is impressed by that.

calculus anything is banal

kys

No one is impressed by math?

Start pickin up girls by mentioning how their ass-curves are smooth up to 12th order and stating your desire to uniformly converge to their puss

Only 20% of college graduates take calc 3.. doesn't seem banal to me......

In good Europe programs you take fucking real analysisi in the first semester. Only sub-par math majors like finance math or something take calculus.

tldr:

fuck off brainlet

so 2 years of art history is more impressive than 2 years of calculus?

not sure what you mean by this

That you don't know shit by attending calculus and you would get good knowledge if you went through real analysis instead.

kys kys kys

>I want to impress "plebs" with knowledge of basic math

You're the pleb.

analysis and calculus are unrelated fields of study, bud.

only 10% of the population ever sees high level calculus
how do I impress plebs with my knowledge?

is learning about the arts the only way to do it?
is art history more impressive?

thanks

>If I completed 2 years of classical music history I could impress every pleb I met by injecting my knowledge into the conversation at every possible opportunity.

sounds more like being an annoying cunt

>How can I impress plebs with my knowledge of multi-variable calculus in the same manner?

stop caring about plebs
no, noone wants to hear you talk about either

Thanks to le epic IFLS crowd and exposure that physics got through TV shows, physicists are the new "pop intellectuals". Most normies you meet will be impressed and say "woow, you must be really smart" regardless of how useful or insightful your work is. Meanwhile mathfags, chemfags and biofags have to work and study just as much for no recognition and are greeted by a mere "k" when they introduce themselves to normies. In other words, the nerdy social outcast attitude doesn't apply to physicsfags anymore.

As for engineering, it is a socially accepted major; I remember someone calling engineers the "jocks of STEM" quite aptly some time ago.

>noone wants to hear you talk about either
>projecting

plebs are impressed when someone can pontificate on the arts.
is there no way to similarly show your education of maths in an organic conversation?

the lack of logic on this board is staggering........

>projecting
sometimes the truth can be hard to handle user...

So I could maybe point out a cantilever to a hot date and casually pontificate about the tensile strength of mild carbon steel?
Would she be more impressed if I, for instance, noticed an obscure late romantic era composition being played in the background at the restaurant?

By not caring who you impress and just doing what you're interested in. You're trying too hard.

Veeky Forums cant answer a simple question...

bump

>injecting multivariable calculus into casual conversation
Autism/10
You will also sound like a kissless virgin OP

It depends on the crowd, some really normies will be impressed if you talk pseudo-scientifically, others will be bored and dismiss you.

My point was that you don't have to say anything to seem smart to plebs. Merely mentioning that you study physics is enough. Of course convoluted degree names also have a similar effect if casuls can't understand it.

plebs are not impressed when you can pontificate on the arts.
Plebs humour you because they don't want to upset your autism

>unrelated fields of study
for you, brainlet

Why would you want to?

I've always thought that the prettiest asses are the one that can be described with the simplest functions