Free will?

Free will?

Is a meme.

r memes real?

You mean, Free Willy. ? Don't do that in public.

Define it first

no one has to define shit, faggot, post your opinnion and shut the fuck up

Fine I will post my opinion.
You are a faggot

Nobody has free will.

no

biggest problem in philosophy. everyone's arguing and they don't even agree on what they're arguing about because no one wants to define anything.

how can memes be real if our eyes aren't real?

Free Willy? He was impeached, not imprisoned mate.

Yes

For a long time humans have been actively slowing their local entropy, creating a stable environment where free will can exist.

No but it doesn't matter because we can't tell the difference.

It is impossible to prove the existence of free will when considering the theory of predeterminism
It is impossible to prove the non-existence of something without an ad hoc hypothesis (which is considered a scientifical fallacy)

Free will cannot be proven or unproven

Pick your pill and /thread

Doesn't exist. The mind isn't magic, it's all based in physics and can (at least theoretically) be measured and predicted.

>(at least theoretically)

whole post rendered bullshit

Whatever nerd it doesn't make free will real.

Elaborate please

Doesn't make it not real either friendo

Not real. Every event is predetermined or probabilistic, free will is absurd

It depends on your definition of "free will"
If by free will you mean you're able to do whatever you want without being predicted then no because you will be predicting what you're going to do.
If by free will you mean you're able to do unpredictable actions then this depends on the existence of random event, if such events do exist then yes just pick any two options A and B then if R(a random event) happened choose A otherwise choose B.

It's difficult to prove but anyone that has ever made a conscious choice (everyone) knows they have free will. You can feel it inside you.
The reason some people deny this is because they desperately don't want it to be true, as it messes with their bullshit fedora ideology.

>Free will?
Forced shall.

why can't science solve this riddle?

It's a matter of perspective. On a universal scale everything is deterministic, doesn't make your choice not 'real'.

Defining the self is necessary for answering the question of free will.

But then what about when you have a brain lesion and it effects it. Your sense of choice or agency becomes distorted.

No because whatever the self is it is subject to determination

free will p != np
not free will p = np

How so

assuming our reality had something to do with computation

Why? How can you prove this? (you can't)

Then p != np

>you can feel it
I feel that's bullshit

Yes. Not having free will would imply we are controlled by something else. We make our own choices and however much you want to argue about your decisions in the context of your brain chemistry and whatnot it is undeniable that we have full control over ourselves. What a lot of people don't consider is that your subconscious is a part of you as well. Many people will say things like "you are a product of your upbringing" and therefore your conscious decisions are affected by your subconscious feelings and desires. While it is true that our conscious minds are affected by our subconscious minds, this in no way implies a lack of free will. Influences from your subconscious are just as much your own decisions as anything. Anything you do is a product of your own thinking. Whether or not randomness exists is not imperative in determining free will. Free will is not random; it's the opposite. We make decisions based upon our needs and wants, and create patterns in our brains and follow them, because we want to. We could break those patterns as well, but we need to really want to, both consciously and unconsciously (which is why bad habits are hard to break). The question of whether or not every action in the universe is pre-destined is somewhat absurd when broken down. Imagine putting a set of numbers that determine a series of events into a generator that picks an order for them. Now say there are two options: one option is that it spits all the numbers out at the same time and everything plays out that way, the second option is that it spits out one event at a time, and each one plays out, then the next is spit out. Why would it matter if the order was set beforehand or if it was just made up along the way? They both have the same outcome. The other argument to randomness would have to be that something, usually a God, guides these events instead of them just occurring, but I know how much everyone here loves religious philosophy so I will leave it at that.

Well see the problem is that there is often even more debate over what the definition of things are than the thing itself, which is why philosophy can become really convoluted at times

A convincing illusion.

We are free to choose. We chose our first breath. We chose conception.

It seems the ones denying free will are the criminals, whiners, sad/pathetic-sacks and the irresponsible people.

found the "conservative"

You can't feel your innate ability to make decisions?

Is alien hand syndrome free wi? Swine

Because we have something called neuroscoence or neuropsych fagwhore and indeterminosm doesnt help either.

>You can feel it inside you.
Nice proof dude, gonna do that in my next Math exam:

>Prove that there exists no rational numbers x,y so that x - 1/x + y - 1/y = 4.
>Idk, but I can feel it inside me!

benis.

Look here vimeo.com/75647511

>implying knowing the answer to a math question is the same as knowing yourself and what you can do

I think determinism doesn't means that choices made in the universe are not 'free'.

Found libtard sjw feminist cuckhold.

Yes please :D

>We are free to choose. We chose our first breath. We chose conception.

wew lad