Most lucerative PhDs, what are they?

takes2long
takes2long

Please refrain from memeing and give sources.

Stupidasole
Stupidasole

PhD in math
300k starting

Spazyfool
Spazyfool

Anything with CS, get to work at Google and from there you can have literally any job you want.

Need_TLC
Need_TLC

@Stupidasole
PhD in math

yeah right

Crazy_Nice
Crazy_Nice

@takes2long
material science

Soft_member
Soft_member

@Crazy_Nice
This. Material science is going to be yuuuuugggeeeee in 5-15 years. More so than it is now.

happy_sad
happy_sad

@Soft_member
Being able to predict the future 5-10 years. Just Kys right now, retard.

LuckyDusty
LuckyDusty

@takes2long
Politics,Economy usually some good guys tell you say nice thing over them, and gets $$$$$$$

w8t4u
w8t4u

Engineering and Comp Sci probably

massdebater
massdebater

@Stupidasole
I remember that when I was a retard senior highschooler and first saw this meme here I believed it. I sort of imagined that it must be that mathematics is really hard so getting a PhD qualifies you to do very important things, which many employers would pay 300k.

Then when thinking about what to actually major in, I factored this 300k starting meme into my considerations and ended up picking pure mathematics for my bachelors, just by a small difference ahead of computer science. I realized that this shit was a meme probably after I had already signed up for it.

Now I am sophomore and doing pretty good. I don't really regret anything. I really did not let Veeky Forums memes be dreams.

likme
likme

indigenous studies

Carnalpleasure
Carnalpleasure

@takes2long

PhD in math

SniperGod
SniperGod

@takes2long
Gender studies

Dreamworx
Dreamworx

@SniperGod
Can confirm.
Professional privilege checker, $250k.

Poker_Star
Poker_Star

@Dreamworx

Al Sharpton makes millions but I don't think he has the degree

Skullbone
Skullbone

@Stupidasole
Only theoretical math

Evilember
Evilember

@massdebater
I discovered Veeky Forums two semesters too late, t. CS student

BinaryMan
BinaryMan

@massdebater

My sides.
This is one dangerous meme, affect real people's life.
Personally, I try my best to discourage young people to enter science programs.

I don't really regret anything.

Don't lie to yourself.

Lunatick
Lunatick

@BinaryMan
Don't lie to yourself.

I don't though. Obviously, back when I realized it was a meme I had a short breakdown where I would be really defensive about my degree and where I would google salary statistics to post here about why my degree is solid 10/10.

Then I calmed down. Those same salary statistics show that I can easily make good money, and it is not like I only care about money anyways. Math is fun, nigga.

w8t4u
w8t4u

@Stupidasole
@Soft_member
@massdebater
@likme
@Carnalpleasure
@SniperGod
@Dreamworx
@Poker_Star
@Skullbone
@Evilember
@Lunatick
Nothing but memes.
@Spazyfool
@Crazy_Nice
@happy_sad
@LuckyDusty
@w8t4u
@BinaryMan
The only actual content.
Why is Veeky Forums literally nothing but shitposting?

Burnblaze
Burnblaze

If you're looking for money, you shouldn't waste your time on a phd. Get an md instead.

Highest paid phd is chemical engineering, btw.

SniperWish
SniperWish

@Lunatick

I sincerely hope you'll find a decent job.

TechHater
TechHater

@w8t4u
Why is Veeky Forums nothing but shitposting?

Ignoramus
Ignoramus

@TechHater

Because reddit is full of intelligent discourse?

Nojokur
Nojokur

@takes2long
PhD distinctions don't matter too much, beyond the broad strokes. Obviously a Math PhD isn't interchangeable with a English PhD, but for more closely related fields it's unlikely your employer will care.

Even then, if, for example, the English PhD showed they had a lot of experience with text analysis, and knew how to conduct research and handle data, you might still be able to compete with the Math PhD.

Need_TLC
Need_TLC

@LuckyDusty
This

I was actually surprised a bit when I went into politics, but apparently in the private sector you can easily make six figures. I'm not sure it's the best paying PhD, but I'm happy with it.

Crazy_Nice
Crazy_Nice

@Burnblaze
I was thinking about it, but MDs in the UK are literal memes and emigrating to the US isn't really an option until I see what Trump's presidency is going to be like.

Bidwell
Bidwell

@Crazy_Nice
Brainlet detected. Control of the executive branch and broader government has historically passed from democrat to republican every 8 or so years. Nothing will change. This isn't America's first republican president, or even her first republican, movie star president. Reagan was, and he's generally considered a decent president.

Life for the middle and working class will stay the same.

Inmate
Inmate

@massdebater
Holy shit, for me it went exactly the same.

lostmypassword
lostmypassword

@Bidwell

I really don't get the panic.
Are Americans really that influenced by the media?
Pretty sad really.

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Disable AdBlock to view this page