>>8617453

pasta aglio olio, if you really, really want to impress your date

Other urls found in this thread:

cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/12168-midnight-pasta-with-garlic-anchovy-capers-and-red-pepper04
youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ
foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/linguine-with-shrimp-scampi-recipe3
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I'm not sure if this is sarcastic or not, lol. That's what I was trying to say, great simple dish to impress.

Has anybody else tried it? I'm interested to hear what additions or adjustments or other recipes that are deceptively simple.

Yes, I like the method of steeping the garlic at very low heat in the olive oil so it infuses the oil completely. I can't think of anything to change in your recipe other than really excelling with homemade pasta. But that would be for that one you're desperate to bed, and finally got her over for a homecooked meal.

A deceptively simple "exotic" soup that will impress is Tom Yum Goong, a hot and sour Thai soup. Full of complex flavors, but really easy. My pic is missing the Thai basil, but it still came out damn good.

What are the back two items on the right? I see shrimp, mushrooms, chilis, garlic, ginger, and what looks like lemongrass. Plus the thai basil, but I don't recognize the others. Looks good, though!

The little bowl is half fish sauce and half fresh lime juice. The pan is shrimp stock made by simmering the shells for 30 minutes. You put the lemon grass, galangal (or ginger), garlic, thai basil, lemon grass, thai peppers and mushrooms in the shrimp stock and simmer for 15 minutes add shrimp and fish sauce/lime juice for 3 minutes or so. Have some chopped cilantro in bowls and ladle into it. You could even cut down the hassle by using chicken broth instead of homemade shrimp stock. Really simple, but seems impressive.

This is simple and classic. Old boy should have just smashed the cloves with the flat side of his knife; would have made his snark on the allrecipies new mum tier skinning method more effective, and belies the hipster nature of the vid. Anchovies, capers, garlic, red pepper is a better quick get some pasta though. This is "let's hope we get to second base" meal.

*after appologizing for fumbling and ruining the clasp on her $80 bra

Sounds like that one's spoken from experience.

I've never fiddled with anchovies, either on pizza or elsewhere. Can I find them in the grocery store for that type of recipe? Does the dish have a name I could look up to get measurements and whatnot?

That sounds really legit, man. Thanks for sharing! I'll have to give that a shot soon.

Is a garlic heavy meal a good idea for a first date? I've always hesitated at the thought of it.

>lemon

Fuck you.

imo lemon and pepper add unnecessary notes to a very simple dish. Anchovies and capers I think are more appropriate since they're more subtle. Also the video is shit he doesn't even know how to peel garlic. And there really shouldn't be any browning.

what if i experimented with beef/pork tallow instead of oil?

hmmmmm.

Simple and fast, i like this dish too
I cant agree about parmesan but everything else is good
Would say only a few drops of lemon and parsley not too thin or you lose much flavour
But those are little things

cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/12168-midnight-pasta-with-garlic-anchovy-capers-and-red-pepper04

The much maligned 'chovy is a humble and delicious little flavor bomb, a secret weapon for soups, stews and sauces. Don't neglect them.

Naw, it went just fine! If you're both garlicky, it's hard to tell the difference really.

Is it because it isn't traditional? Don't be upset.

Agreed, I definitely would say don't overdo it on the lemon. It helps cut through the oil, but too much drowns out the other flavors. If I would cut something, the parmesan would probably be it.

Whoops.

Same thing that happens if you cook anything else in tallow.
1. It becomes delicious
2. It becomes illegal to serve in New York City.

Seriously. Check out this video of a chef-proprietor getting his shit closed down mid-service by the food nazis in NY, mid-service, for selling tallow-fried veal brain:
youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ

nice try

Not to be a hipster but I was making this dish before I knew it had a name.

Plus it is only a few steps from shrimp scampi.

Easy recipe here: foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/linguine-with-shrimp-scampi-recipe3

Well, now you know the name! Not a bad scampi recipe, but I actually prefer mine without chile flakes, and also prefer some white wine and scallions.