My Calc II syllabus lists "infinite sequences and series" as a topic covered in the course...

My Calc II syllabus lists "infinite sequences and series" as a topic covered in the course. Does this mean I will learn le -1/12 maymay? Would it be cringeworthy if when the professor write "1+2+3+4+5..." on the board I shout "-1/12!"?

no

I think that you should probably just accept and embrace that anything you ever do will be cringeworthy, and just go full retard 24/7.

No, you aren't going to see Ramanujan sums in Calc II unless the instructor's a memelord. It'll just diverge to infinity.

No

Yes, it would be cringeworthy

Pic not related

Except you will be approximating a curve rather than an infinite sum. Otherwise, sure.

Also if it is anything like my calc 2 was the lectures on infinite sequences and series will start the week before the final. Good luck

no.

but if you read real analysis it should cover it.

you would learn that 1+2+3+4=infinity

And yes, some asperger would ask le 1+2+3+4=-1/12 meme

>Would it be cringeworthy if when the professor write "1+2+3+4+5..." on the board I shout "-1/12!"?
Yes

And you will not learn about this anyways.

>sequences
>Calc II
What do you do in Calc I? Addition and subtraction?

It might be mentioned that reordering terms in an infinite series is not a legal operation, thereby showing what Numberphile did wrong.

Did you try not having shit taste in seasonal wives?

Reordering terms is legal if every term of the series is, say, >0. Otherwise you can rearrange them to get any number.

Shouldn't you have learned this in precalc? Or even algebra 2? wtf

Riemann is that you?

It's in the middle of the semester for me.
The last thing we do is differential equations stuff.

OK are you guys just memeing now? I understand that this is something you would learn in Calc I but in precalc you don't even know what a limit is, how would you know how to do series?

it probably mean taylor/maclaurin series and convergence tests

Not quite true. Reordering is legal for any absolutely convergent series (not just those with positive terms). For example, you can reorder sum of (-1)^n / n^2. Only for conditionally convergent series can you rearrange to get any given number (so series like sum of (-1)^n / n).

You probably won't even talk about techniques for summing divergent series. And yes, it would be fairly cringeworthy.

If you're actually interested in the math and not on being a shitty memelord, try asking your professor about it outside of class. The numberphile video actually lies to you about why it should be -1/12 just to avoid zeta functions and all the fun (but more difficult) math.

Do you see "Complex Analysis" in your course lists? That's where you'll learn (or be able to understand the application of) the memery.

ask, /ethan/ wills it

sauce to op pic

is there nudes

thx

>in precalc you don't even know what a limit is
Yes you do. If you did not learn limits by the end of precalc, then what you took was Algebra 2.
>how would you know how to do series?
You don't. You only know the basics of arithmetic and geometric series and determine what an infinite geometric series converges to, if it is not divergent.