Scientists, the world needs us - A MANIFESTO

I think that in 2017 our role must change
we won't have the luxury to focus only on science
we are required to leave our laboratories, faculties and became GUARDIANS
guardians or our beautiful free western civilization
populism is rising, post-truth is taking the place of truth
we need to have an ACTIVE ROLE, to interact with the masses, teaching them critical thinking
the only way to do not fall in the traps that populists, racists, bigots prepared for our countries
they appeal to fear, they take benefit of widespread ignorance (that's why they are against schools)
Gentlemen, a battle has begun.. and if we won't do anything.. in 5 or 10 years they'll storm our laboratories, burning books
America changed (for worse) but not everything is lost, we will change too
this is like the opposite french revolution, bigots are trying to take power
we will stop them

in 2017 science MUST be linked with GOOD politics, we don't have the luxury to remain neutral anymore
we can't be irresponsible
these are exceptional time, don't forget this

I don't care. Populism is good. Fuck you. I want candidates who are 100% accountable for the people.

In 2016 we had to major populists: Bernie Sanders and Donald Trump. None of them are really that bad because they are completely accountable to the people. I wish Bernie had won though.

>we need to have an ACTIVE ROLE, to interact with the masses

Lol I haven't talked to a non-mathematician outside of my job, family and gf in like 3 years. You want me to change that? Kek, fuck you. I see them as disgusting pigs.

>America changed (for worse)

No it didn't. You know why? Because the alternative was Hillary fucking Clinton.

If she runs again against Donald Trump in the next election I don't give a shit. I am voting for Donald Again. Democrats should know that we liberals are BERNIE OR NOTHING. Fuck your bullshit.

>in 2017 science MUST be linked with GOOD politics

I think good politics is keeping Hillary out of the presidency. So we are doing good politics right now.

Or I could just move to a different country and enjoy my life.

>Lol I haven't talked to a non-mathematician outside of my job, family and gf in like 3 years. You want me to change that? Kek, fuck you. I see them as disgusting pigs.

>conservatives are autistics and secretely hate America
Geeee color me surprised

This is so cringe I cant even begin

1-you are a coward
2-the entire west is turning populist and right wing
3-you are a coward

>>conservatives are autistics and secretely hate America

I don't care if you bash conservatives. Fuck them for all I care. But I'm a liberal, faggot. If you want me to support your shitty "xD le science politikz" movement then you better put Bernie Sanders are the democratic candidate. Else I don't give a shit I may vote third party or if I really want so spite you again then I'll vote directly republican.

>2-the entire west is turning populist and right wing
It could have turned populist left wing if you had only put Bernie Sanders in the ballot.

Fuck off. The global balance of power hasnt changed since early 1900s and looking at trumps cabinet choices its not going to change now.

And no, science should not be linked with any politics and actually all connections to any political institutions should be eradicated... which unfortunately is not going to happen since the school system has been modified to systematically brainwash people.

>the entire west is turning populist
Oh no , I want the (capitalist) elite to keep being privileged at the expense of the people.

>the school system has been modified to systematically brainwash people.

>Oh no I DON'T want the (capitalist) elite to keep being privileged at the expense of the people THAT'S WHY I VOTED FOR TRUMP
kys

>"post-truth"

yeah shit bait faggot, fuck off

>right wing
You mean centrist.

Also, science is already too political.

Just go.

>I have no arguments so I'll just sprout homophobe insults

>homophobe

He called you a faggot, no a sinner gaylord satanist.

Do you even know what faggot means here, you fucking retard? You are clearly some reddit fag. Get the fuck out.

populist is the opposite of elitist in case you didn't know.
An elitist government will care for it's elite first.
A populist government will care for it's people first.
Even Trump enemies admit he's a populist, it's not even open for debate.

piss off fascist

>this is what conservaturds actually believe

>all scientist must be left-wing cus they smart
Kill yourself.
>and if we won't do anything.. in 5 or 10 years they'll storm our laboratories, burning books
I really hope you don't actually believe this, or else you're actually retarded
Also one of the things I like about studying science is not having to deal with politics that much, and I really don't give a fuck about it

>conservaturds
>gets angry when called libtard

There we go, the instant strawman.

I recommend you to read Charlotte Thomson Iserbyts "The Deliberate Dumbing Down of America". She is basically a whistleblower who served as the Senior Policy Advisor in the Office of Educational Research and Improvement (OERI), U.S. Department of Education, during the first term of U.S. President Ronald Reagan.

The book deals only with verifiable facts and explains very well the exact changes and distinct factors that brought those changes.

I'm as far right as you can get, but the idea of science becoming a target for politics is disgusting. Shame on you op for wanting to bring politics into the sacred field of science. Also, just admit you are anti white.

FUCK YEARHAEHEHEH ANARCHY WOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Cold steel is a great solution for dealing with leftist scum.

REPORT THIS /POL/BASTARD

I can tell you are a popsci faggot. Because you have no fucking clue about the politics of science.

>he thinks science can inform moral opinion

LMAO

I feel you, but trying to make an impact on the world is a lost cause.

BINS WATCH OUT

>Hasn't been change in a long time
>so it must be impossible

>implying history isn't made

You thrive on fear.

Jesus fucking Christ what's with everybody lately?

Donald Trump is not Hitler
The Republicans are not Nazis
Nobody is storming our labs or burning our books

A guy you don't like was elected into office, it is not the end of the fucking world and it's certainly not the death of science

Calm your fucking tits.

It's quite the opposite. I refuse to believe change can't be made. All the people in the world have the ability to change the course of history. Anyone can be the next Lincoln or Copernicus. Fuck fear and fuck those who would suppress us. History is not on a set course. History is made every day

Maybe you should open a dictionary if you don't believe me, and try to get information by yourself instead of listening to your fake news libtard media.

Hey I agree.

M A G A

Some key words to yell in order to get people to sympathize with you if you are a liberal
>racist
>misogynist
>nazi
>old
>sexist
>anti-progressive

Not the user you responded to, but:
>be me
>don't give a shit about politics
>only visit real scientific news outlets
>feels pretty good

You racist old conservatives believe that your "god" will offer you retribution for your actions. Your ideologies are similar to those seen in the nazi's and your misogynistic and sexist actions have made you into a mindless sheep.

MUH PATRIARCHY!!1!
(the sad part is that liberals actually talk like this)

the sad part is that conservabastards actually THINK like that

>I'll use meme buzzword like "post-truth" produced by the propaganda apparatus that is the NYT
>three seconds ago I was totally skeptical of the NYT because Chomsky told me they were only serving American foreign policy interests but now that immigration is in play I totally trust them
>I trust the elites that have made sure education and healthcare costs will ruin the country
>I trust the elites that have made the obesity crisis possible in the first place
>I know diversity is strength even though I don't know why

not forgetting "fascist"

their lack of self awareness is astounding. when you alienate people for disagreeing with you in a very moderate and reasonable way (e.g. that person thinks secure borders are necessary, or thinks common core is flawed, thinks the ACA should be repealed and replaced by a single-payer scheme, thinks uncontrolled and nonselective immigration is a harmful thing, or thinks his nation's culture and ethnicity is worth keeping as it is) -- when you disown them, abuse them, harass them, assault them, and threaten these moderate and reasonable people -- then the only refuge is with the only people who will accept them: fascists.

all i want is peace, common sense, and prosperity. i will vote for whoever appears to stand the best chance of giving that to the population at large. if politics eventually becomes so entangled in identity politics and radicalism, such that the only person offering a return to the aforementioned things is a fascist, then so be it.

t. britfag

da fuq

are we getting invaded by fucking /pol/ ?

No. I browse both boards.

Science needs to be linked to good government but also to emotional and social needs over needless tech-toys of distraction.

By all means, stuff the senseless, ignorant masses with nutritious food (vegetables) so their bodies produce endorphins to sate them, calm them and heal what is obviously their seriously damaged, undernourished brains. It is the only hope for the masses to not die practically as ignorant as the day they were born.

>Yes. I browse both boards.
>Fixed.

return where you belong, Veeky Forumshas always been a liberal board

Start a political thread, get political responses. Deal with it.

Yes. Notice that there are about 4 /pol/ threads on the first page alone. Learn to report and to hide these threads.

I support your cause. I think scientists should take a more active role in broadcasting critical thinking and how to judge scientific evidence. Trump wouldn't be able to get away with shit like calling climate change a hoax, or implying that vaccines cause autism.

>I think scientists should take a more active role in broadcasting critical thinking and how to judge scientific evidence
I dream a world without christianity and without their sick morality

>christianity
what does that have to do with anything?

Sick sci thread faggot. I want /leftypol/ to leave.

>I think scientists should take a more active role in broadcasting critical thinking and how to judge scientific evidence
christianity would not survive 5 minutes if this happens

that's some /fedora/ tier posting user

Yeah if only we go back to an age of pure logic, then we would produce minds like Newton and Pascal again. Oh wait. What's that? Theists you say? Fucking brainlets.

eheheh le meeme XD XD

everyone was theists in those days, christianity took our countries in hostage for two millennia

FUCK YOU

>eheheh le meeme XD XD
go fuck off somewhere neckbeard

Seconded.

>took europe hostage
Sure lets completely dissociate western advancement with the religious socio-cultural structure that was present during that advancement. That seems intellectually honest and totally logical.

I am involved in a General Machine Intelligence project, a world first here in Europe, as usual.

Our work is estimated to be at least 15yrs ahead of anything being done in the usa and elsewhere.

Why would I be interested in your folks "running the world", when what we're currently building will own it?

You're only flesh.
Why do your petty concerns matter?
Remind me.

>Primitives dancing in funny hats before statues and altars.

>Primitives of the usa still consider the imaginary friends of the mentally ill of antiquity to be important.

How quaint.

Our lord and savior is #MAGA

>Aristotle believed in Zeus.
>Aristotle was clever.
>Thus Zeus is real.

...stated Mr Modus Ponens loudly.

Idolatry was considered heresy and your only other argument is
>muh sky daddy
Shitpost harder.

I'm not OP, but you'd have to be retarded not to see that rampant anti-fact politics is becoming a problem in Europe too. Breitbart is expanding to Europe, and anti-science rhetorics will follow.

Despite claiming to be all scientific and rational and shit, Veeky Forums is actually full of reactionary little twats who cry 'the sky is falling' whenever something happens that they disagree with or which inconveniences them.

>Anti fact policies
kek

kek all you want because ultimately the joke is on you.

We'll have at least four years to see friend. Either way we'd better settle in. And OP better relax a little, as its likely bad for his body's salt content.

This thread seems awfully /pol/ for Veeky Forums.

>We'll have at least four years to see friend.
Then the joke went over your head, which doesn't surprise me.