Veeky Forums's thoughts on cédric villani

Veeky Forums's thoughts on cédric villani

He looks like a villain from professor layton or something. Lmao

spider whisperer and a massive autist

probably also a good mathematician. I have no experience in advanced math, so even wildberger sounds credible to me

despite looking like the most autistic/edgiest mathematician i've ever known, he has a really good way of communicating and conveying abstract ideas to a less knowledgable public

>tfw too much of a brainlet to read his work on the Boltzmann equation

He tried really hard to popularize math while still being a real mathematician. In contrast to fakes like black science man and other crackpots.

I don't think it's working.

nothing should be forced to popularization, though.
as it ALWAYS happens, as soon as too many people watch/read/do something --because many of them are fucking brainlets-- they start memeing and it immediately becomes annoying as fuck.
this applies not only to movies, books, games, etc., but to science as well
just look: now we have quantum mechanics, string theory, riemann zeta function, entropy and so on... being discussed by people who received no training in these subjects.
science had better been not so vigorously popularized. decent men will find a way to it

brainlet here, just got into second year of engineering and i've just recently started getting into real science.
has it really become that way in a worldwide fashion? because i live in a sort of undeveloped country on the science subject (the ministry of science/technology was just ANNOUNCED, not even created yet) and i haven't quite had the chance to hear anyone who's not studying any kind of science discuss something like that

I like his spider brooch.

went to a lecture/talk he did 2 days ago and he literally used rage comics on his slides

le spider mane

Nobody cared who I was until I put on the spider

there is Veeky Forums which is swarming with aforementioned memes

that's cringe

I curse involuntarily any time I see someone who takes steampunk seriously. But that NP video he did about how mathematicians interface with the public was really insightful

dropped his book the moment he mentioned enjoying manga and anime

i mean, it was pretentious from the beginning, but that moment the stench went off the limits

aww you missed the best part (somewhere around 60-80% through) where he gets the idea of how to solve his problem and then you get like 12 pages of hardcore analysis

is this legit? i never thought somebody so highly praised in the world of science would be a weeb

weebness and outstanding intelligence go hand in hand, they are two sides of the same coin: autism

It wouldn't surprise me if it was. Japanese culture is surprisingly popular in France (and the other way around as well).

Seems a bit annoying at first, but really nice guy and a great educator (and mathematician ofc)

He looks like some mad professor from my chinese cartoons.

in spite of it being so vigorously popularized decent men will find a way to it