What's your "go to" meal for yourself when you can't decide what to make for dinner?

What's your "go to" meal for yourself when you can't decide what to make for dinner?

Pic related - My low effort steak dinner. Sous vide NY strip steak, box scalloped potatoes, and onion + mushrooms caramelized then simmered with white wine and the meat juice from the sous vide bag. I make this at least once a week, though the potatoes rotate for other starches sometimes

Other urls found in this thread:

cheftalk.com/t/80500/sous-vide-in-restaurant-kitchens
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Coat chicken breast in eggs. Bread crumbs + flour + seasoning. Pan fry in oil. Steamed vegetables and rice. Easy.

Tuna sandwich

For me,

I put a bunch of small potatoes on the smoker for a while until they get some smoke flavor, then I chop them into evenly sized pieces and deep fry them. Then I season them with salt, pepper, parsley, a bit of red wine vin and eat with mayo

Rice and whatever vegetables I have on hand (most of the time it's carrots, green onion, and mushrooms). If I don't have any chicken or beef available I crack an egg into the mix for some protein.

same, cept I bake the chicken and veggies for minimal cleanup

A Snickers bar and a 6-pack of beer.

I typically keep marinated chicken terriyaki in the fridge so I can have something easy to make when I'm tired or drunk. Then, all I have to do is start the rice cooker and steam some cabbage while I cook.

I just look at what I have, what needs to be used up (as in the fresh veg, meats, etc) and make the best meal I can out of all that.
If I'm truly running low on groceries and have to go to the store before I can cook anyway, then I'll usually get something quick to make like steak, fish of some kind, or boneless chicken thighs, and make steak and baked potatoes with roasted asparagus or brussels sprouts, broiled or pan cooked fish with rice pilaf and some leafy veg, or chicken stir fry or a quick Thai chicken curry or grilled chicken over couscous.

Store bought tortellini with canned tuna, olive oil and spices. Or pesto if I have that laying around.

Saute some chicken and while it's resting saute some vegetables with garlic in the same pan.

Maybe eat it with rice if I had the foresight to soak it.

If I'm really hungry for some carbs and I don't have rice I'll mix some potatoes, onions, and broccoli or brussels sprouts in olive oil and roast them for 25 minutes at 425. Maybe I'll cook a pork chop or two at the same time but that only takes 20 minutes at the absolute maximum.

Scrambled eggs and toast

>Sous vide NY strip steak
wow. just completely ruin it why don't you

>cooking steak the same way high end restaurants do
>ruining it

Steamed/fried dumplings with broccoli

Just dump them both in a frying pan with some oil on medium heat, a splash of water and clap a lid on it for 30 minutes.

Served with some sauce made from black vinegar, a splash of red vinegar, sugar, soy and grated ginger.

No. High end restaurants do not do that. They sear it on high heat both sides then put it on hot as fuck oven to finish cooking.

>high end restaurants spend two hours making every steak ordered
Wanna know how I know you never worked in a kitchen?

>Sous vide
>steak

i want this meme to stop

cheftalk.com/t/80500/sous-vide-in-restaurant-kitchens

>thinks sous vide steaks are made per order

they put in steaks regularly throughout the service so there's some ready as the orders come in. 1" steaks are done in an hour and can stay in the bath for up to 4 hours, leaving a large window of time the steaks can be served

OP: Those are not good cuts of steak. Those are shitty cuts like chuck.

Other posts:
>I asked the Chef why he didn't cook the steak sous vide, he said he didn't like the way it came out. As far as I know, If a restaurant is doing steaks Sous Vide they are reheating/holding them in Sous Vide and then finishing them on the flame broiler.

Were you just so confident in your fiction that you didn't bother to read your own "source"?

Are we reading the same thread? The one I linked made no mention of specifically bad cuts of steak, at least on the first page I skimmed. I am however seeing references to dry aged rib eye, ny strip, petite sirloin, etc. clearly talking about sous viding good steaks. The rest of the conversation is chefs mentioning how juicy the steaks come out and how convenient it is. This thread was found by googling "sous vide restaurant". Seems like you just don't like sous vide cooking and look for ways to disparage it

>Cheaper cuts of meat.Sous vide is perfect for Chuck
>We've done petite filets sous vide at my place for years.

There's only one post that says they sous vice all their steaks and they are not high end. Just admit you talked out of your ass.

I could understand filet mignon since it isn't a flavorful steak. But not searing a cut like rib eye or new york is just bad cooking.

Not to mention this is a terrible source though. None of these people say they work in high end restaurants and it's all anecdotal.

>There's only one post that says they sous vice ALL their steaks
adjusting your argument so you're not explicitly wrong. Who cares if they sous vide ALL their steaks? My argument was that sous viding of steaks takes place in high end restaurants

>Just admit you talked out of your ass
I'm not though, you're just autistic

>But not searing a cut
who said anything about not searing? You sous vide to get the steak up to temp then you sear it on both sides on cast iron, 1 minute each side as hot as the pan will go

>Not to mention this is a terrible source
That's cheftalk and this is Veeky Forums. Are you saying that you, an autist on a tibetan basket weaving site is a more credible source?

>None of these people say they work in high end restaurants and it's all anecdotal
Nigger you're anectodal

An entire tube of pringles and Irn bru

>My argument was that sous viding of steaks takes place in high end restaurants
And your source doesn't back that up. None of them say they work in a high end restaurant.

>it's red
>no ketchup

0/10

Come to Trump Grill to see how steaks and chicken tendies should be prepared

Semantics. You haven't explicitly mentioned that you work at a high end restaurant either, therefore your every word is invalidated.

>semantics
kek

You made a claim that high end restaurants do this and you are acting like you proved this by linking to some forum discussion. Amusing.

Most high end steakhouses, by the way, tell you how they cook their steaks. Almost always, it's sear on all sides then transfer to an oven.

>Amusing
m'lord

>Most high end steakhouses, by the way, tell you how they cook their steaks. Almost always, it's sear on all sides then transfer to an oven.
You have yet to specifically tell me that you are a chef at a high end restaurant, how am I to believe what you say?

I am a chef at a high end restaurant.

Leave the Jews out of this.

that shit raw nigga you can see the fucking blood the fuck

fucking white people baka

>pretending you're black online

shit grade cut

I usually have a one pot dinner of whole grains, legumes, and vegetables, all pressure steamed together for ten minutes. And then I may have a pound of Brussels sprouts or broccoli later.

Lol is that even cooked? What is that gloop shit as well?

Dude, steakhouses don't fucking sear the steaks in a pan, nor do they use the oven unless it's something special like a mega thick porterhouse for two or more people. they cook the steaks in a big broiler.

In any case searing then putting something in the oven is a fine way to cook. So is sous vide. So is the broiler. Stop ruining the thread with your bullshit please.

wrong

OK, maybe you'll see some restaurants grilling steaks. However, you aren't gonna see a steakhouse using pans and the oven for every fucking order. There aren't enough burners and that's just retarded.

Why baleeted?

wrong

Are you here to discuss food and cooking or are you here to troll?

>autistic contrarian contributing nothing to conversation

peak Veeky Forums

>red wine vin
??

red wine vinegar

wrong

I see.

b/c he posted a photo of some whore with a nose ring posing with a phallic food item.

BAZINGA

Boil and salt water. Throw in pasta and two or three eggs. Remove eggs 6 minutes in and peel. Drain pasta, throw back in pot drown in heavy cream, mounds of grated cheese and a bunch of black pepper.

I mostly eat it when I don't feel like living anymore, so its probably my most eaten meal.

Mushroom pasta or pasta carbonara

Found the picture in cache, did a reverse image search on it to make sure it's been posted around online before and it's not just someone's girlfriend they immediately regretted posting. Since I found it elsewhere online, here it is.

>those nips

*unzips dick*

moonlight just won best picture so I have an excuse

>a movie no one has seen won an obsolete award that needed to resort to "mistake" drama in order to remain relevance
>omg it's the end of the white race
lol

I wish 4 chan would put word filters on:
Souls vide
Kino

Maybe a filter on mcchicken and trendies on Veeky Forums just to fuck with you guys

>my dad was a deadbeat: the look

scrambled eggs with ketchup
instant noodles with egg
fried rice with hot dogs and garlic
spaghetti
grilled sandwich

That's five solid meals which won't break the bank and are filling af

>Sous vide
That's code for I'm too lazy/incompetent to actually cook.

lazy for sure, "low effort" is noted in the post. Bag the meat, throw it in the bath, and drink for an hour and a half. It's great for when you're making yourself dinner and not trying to impress virgin autists on the internet.

You know what requires even less effort? TV Dinners.

it's a balancing act of laziness and personal standards. The end product of sous vide steak is far better than the end product of microwaved tv dinner.

>"personal standards"
>eating steak at all
ok, limp dick ;)

I don't understand your post

He's shitposting.

Well I can see your point there.